Last known good configuration

Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as restoring a
previous registry?

b11_ wrote:
> Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as
> restoring a previous registry?

Repeat query - see your previous query for responses.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

How do you configure for automatic download at launch of Outlook?
I have looked in Tools, Options but cannot find anything that will download emails as soon as I launch Outlook. I was able to do it with Outlook Express but not with Outlook. Then you havent looked at the obvious "ando" <ando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24B2CB5F-55E4-4619-9F66-472B9BB03F3C@microsoft.com... > I have looked in Tools, Options but cannot find anything that will download > emails as soon as I launch Outlook. > I was able to do it with Outlook Express but not with Outlook. Set an automatic polling interval. I'll assume you do n...

What is a good program to convert pdf files to word?
I want to be able tosave pdf files as word files. PDF is essentially a graphics format. How well it can be converted to Word format rather depends on what it contains. The most reliable method is to use OCR software, such as Finereader. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

Excel cell looks good in print preview but doesn't print???
When I build the spreadsheet, my desire is to have two different cells contain the same text (the name of a person). The screen looks correct as does the print preview. When I call for the actual hard-copy print it, the second cell always prints blank! If I make up a different, experimental name, it prints OK. The bug seems to occur if the cell contents (text) are identical. If it looks ok in Print Preview, but not on paper, I'd start looking at the printer. I'd start by trying it on another printer. Jack Gathright wrote: > > When I build the spreadsheet, my desire is t...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

First and Last Problem
For some reason First and Last are giving the wrong data in a Totals query. I assume that somehow the data is not ordered correctly in the main table, but it does show correctly in the datasheet view. For example if I group the sample database below by Name and Year, First of Location should be B, unfortunately it shows up in the query as A. Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B Ed 1999 2 A Ed 2000 1 A Desired Result Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B (But shows up as A) Ed 2000 1 A Any ideas from someone who has seen thi...

Extract last name from Last, First
I know this has to be a common question, but I can't find the answer... Using VBA, I need to extract the last name from the format: Last, First For example: the cell contents extract to a variable the value of JONES, AMY JONES ADAMS, HARRY ADAMS Your help would really be appreciated! I don't know how you are using it, but this shows how to get it in a variable. Sub dk() Dim lName As String lName = Left(ActiveCell, InStr(ActiveCell, ",") - 1) MsgBox lName End Sub ...

Not Remember Last Login Account
Is there something to tell Dynamics GP 10 to not remember the last logged in account? Everytime I log into their system as SA to do some update they call and ask me what to put in the username field. If they have to type it each time surely they will remember.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ------=_NextPart_0001_3E1A8ED5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Allen Have a look at my post http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/29/hybrid-clearing-the-last-user-on-a-terminal-server.aspx Otherwise wait for the next release of the Support Debugging Tool which ...

Primary server offline (for good)
My primary server crashed hard on me. I tried restoring, but obviously my disaster recovery plan needs to be updated and tested more thoroughly. It was also the first installed exchange server in the domain. What do I need to do to get everything into a stable state in my domain? There is another server with AD and exchange, in fact it already was the primary mailbox store, so I don't have to worry about that. I'm having a problem getting exchange to allow me to change the recipient update service (enterprise configuration). When I click on browse for the 'Windows Domain Cont...

Goto Last Cell function
Hello Group, I have an application where I would like to create a function that goes to the last cell in a spreadsheet. I can get this to work if I manually use the <Goto...special...last cell> function, but when I put this command into a macro and increase the length of the spreadsheet, the macro will only go as far as the last cell when the macro was saved. Any suggestions? Thanks, Julius Here's a slick formula from Harlan that will return what's in the last cell in a column, =LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A10000)),A1:A10000) if you need the whole column use A65535 inste...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

Rpc\RpcProxy\ValidPorts configuration
this website gives details as to how MS Exchange server 2003 should be configured for RPC over HTTPS proxy configuration. http://www.amset.info/exchange/rpc-http-server.asp Are these configuration settings correct. Exchange Server All the changes below are made in the same place, just pick the scenario that matches your environment. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy ValidPorts Single Server Installation - Exchange Server is also the domain controller server = domain controller/exchange server domain.com = internal domain name mail.other.com - external domain name - as p...

How do I change the mispelling of my last name in my emails?
For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I correct this problem? If it a POP3 or IMAP account, you can make the change in the account properties at tools,accounts, view or change accounts - you need to select your account and change it. If it's an Exchange account, you need to speak to your administrator. On 4/24/06 9:08 PM, in article E75BD5A2-FFE5-4905-B47D-110E31598C51@microsoft.com, "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I > correct this problem...

the Last occurance
Hi everybody, I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item in a list, for example: row item 1 A 2 B 3 D 4 A I want a formula to return me row number 4 after looking up A. Any hints, thanks. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:51:01 -0800, peyman <peyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item >in a list, for example: > >row item >1 A >2 B >3 ...

LAST, FIRST to First Last
I have data in LAST, FIRST and used this formula... =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Is there a way to change it from all caps to just capitalized names. Ex. currently - DOE, JOHN change to - John Doe Hi, Like this =PROPER(TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Erinayn...

How to index the data of last column
How to index the data of last column if the column contains blank data ex. 1 2 _ 3 4 _ 8 5 if didn't use temp data is it possible to get the "5" by one formula? Thanks a lot Man, that is confusing. :confused: What are you trying to do? -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553002 =INDEX(1:1,1,MAX((COLUMN(1:1))*(NOT(ISBLANK(1:1))))) Array formula, to be validated w...

good book for MFC
I want to learn MFC. Which book should I start with? "vadiraj" <vadiraj_br@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23iwsWPFHEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I want to learn MFC. Which book should I start with? MFC Visual C++ 6 WTH Jeff Prosise's book is a good one. Its for MFC4.2, but is very valid even now. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "vadiraj" <vadiraj_br@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#iwsWPFHEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I want to learn MFC. Which book should I start with? > > Hi, The one I always ...

remove last character in a series of different length part #'s
i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but all end in "v'. I want to remove just the "v". I tried text to coulmns and all the functions i know. If the v only shows up in the last character, maybe just select your range edit|replace what: v with: leave blank replace all If you don't want to do that, maybe a helper column of cells: =left(a1,len(a1)-1) drag down copy|paste special|values and delete the original column leo wrote: > > i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but > all end in "...

WMP Opens up to the last played video
When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. Is there a way to disable this? no, and one must be very careful with this problem. "mavalent" <mavalent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1460BD8C-4DB3-4213-9E98-BBDEC4951EF0@microsoft.com... > When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is > brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. > Is > there a way to disable this? What...

Last Cell
To All I was wondering if you could help me with my problem. If you have data in your worksheet and you say delete all the data in the last row, when you say F5 (Goto) "Special" and select "Last Cell" then it will always go to the data row that you have just deleted. There seems no way to get the "Last Cell" to update to where the last data is. Does anyone know to resolve this issue please. Thanks in advance. Deleting the data won't impact the "Last Cell". The "Last Cell" doesn't refer to the current data. It refers to the la...