Infection by Win32/Alureon.H ----Help

Hi,
I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be having trouble with this
virus...4 times now....it seems not to be allowing updates....getting error
code 0x80072efe

Also after scan when it finds Aleuron I get 'error encountered' when asking
Microsoft essentials to remove it. It seems from History that it is either
quarantining it or disinfecting it. But Not Removing it.
Seems to keep returning though.
Thanks for advice ,
Gogero.
--
Gerard

Can I install Microsoft Security Essentials [or any other
anti-virus/anti-spyware application] to clean up my already-infected
computer?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275

MSE?

it)?

Microsoft Security Essentials Support Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Gogero wrote:
> I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be having trouble with this
> virus...4 times now....it seems not to be allowing updates....getting
> error
> code 0x80072efe
>
> Also after scan when it finds Aleuron I get 'error encountered' when
> asking
> Microsoft essentials to remove it. It seems from History that it is either
> quarantining it or disinfecting it. But Not Removing it.
> Seems to keep returning though.
> Thanks for advice ,
> Gogero.

0
PA
7/18/2010 4:49:31 AM
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/msescan/thread/f84ba095-fb9b-49a3-865b-afa6007c3b43

--
Rey

"Gogero" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be having trouble with this
> virus...4 times now....it seems not to be allowing updates....getting error
> code 0x80072efe
>
> Also after scan when it finds Aleuron I get 'error encountered' when asking
> Microsoft essentials to remove it. It seems from History that it is either
> quarantining it or disinfecting it. But Not Removing it.
> Seems to keep returning though.
> Thanks for advice ,
> Gogero.
> --
> Gerard
Hi,
I used to have McAfee but I believe I uninstalled it about a year ago when I
first started using Microsoft Essentials. Right now after another short bout
with Alueron the M.E. did quarantine it and everything seems ok. But as I
mentioned looking in the HISTORY I see that it has been disinfected twice by
M.E. in the last week and 'quarantined' once.
Will it reoccur and do I need to remove it and how?
--
Gerard

Gogero wrote:
> Hi,
> I used to have McAfee but I believe I uninstalled it about a year ago w=
hen I=20
> first started using Microsoft Essentials. Right now after another short=
 bout=20
> with Alueron the M.E. did quarantine it and everything seems ok. But as=
 I=20
> mentioned looking in the HISTORY I see that it has been disinfected twi=
ce by=20
> M.E. in the last week and 'quarantined' once.
> Will it reoccur and do I need to remove it and how?=20

Run this and see if it's cleared up completely:

Malwarebytes=C2=A9 Corporation

--=20

Joe   =3Do)
0
Elmo
7/18/2010 3:19:32 PM
Had the McAfee subscription already expired by the time you installed MSE?

The above notwithstanding, McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious
for not uninstalling (or upgrading) cleanly.

1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1 above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Gogero wrote:
> Hi,
> I used to have McAfee but I believe I uninstalled it about a year ago when
> first started using Microsoft Essentials. Right now after another short
> bout
> with Alueron the M.E. did quarantine it and everything seems ok. But as I
> mentioned looking in the HISTORY I see that it has been disinfected twice
> by
> M.E. in the last week and 'quarantined' once.
> Will it reoccur and do I need to remove it and how?
>
>> Can I install Microsoft Security Essentials [or any other
>> anti-virus/anti-spyware application] to clean up my already-infected
>> computer?
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275

>> installed MSE?

>> bought
>> it)?
>>
>> Microsoft Security Essentials Support Forums
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Gogero wrote:
>>> I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be having trouble with this
>>> virus...4 times now....it seems not to be allowing updates....getting
>>> error
>>> code 0x80072efe
>>>
>>> Also after scan when it finds Aleuron I get 'error encountered' when
>>> asking
>>> Microsoft essentials to remove it. It seems from History that it is
>>> either
>>> quarantining it or disinfecting it. But Not Removing it.
>>> Seems to keep returning though.
>>> Thanks for advice ,
>>> Gogero.
>>
>> .

0
PA

Problems Validateing MS Money Plus Premium Win32 (2008)
I am trying to validate my Money Plus Premium Product just installed. The validation screen is asking for a key with the following format: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Problem is my key is 2 digits followed by 5 sets of 5 digits, not 4 Anyone having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong here? -- LewK -- LewK ...

somebody is infected #2
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. ...

Infection messages?
XP Pro SP3 During the past few weeks, immediately after the initial Windows screen with the blue bar running left right, and before the logon screen, I get a blue screen with white messages. There are dozens of them, all identical, which say something like: Infection: docs and settings my name cookies/index.dat does not exist and cannot be removed. (Pause is inoperative and the normal logon screen appears immediately after.) If I reboot at the logon screen instead of logging on, they have all disappeared. CHKDSK on system disk shows a healthy disk. I have Kaspersky 9 and have ...

win32 programming: how to ooen a webbrowser in a win32 dialog?
All, I have a win32 dialog application (not use MFC nor ATL). When I click the button of a dialog, I want to open a browser with a specified URL. There are a few requirements: 1. I do not want to use IE to open the URL. I want to open this one in a Webbrowser control (I.e. IWebBrowser2). 2. The webbrowser control is not embedded in the dialog. It will be dynamically created when I clicked the button Any tips how to do this? Which class should I use? This is a pure win32 application so I could not use MFC or ATL libraries. thanks in advance, Qiang http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...

MFC vs Win32 programming
Hi guys, I have to develop a client GUI application that should have a good look and feel. The only constraint is the application size, which has to be about 2-3 Mb. The GUI will have around 10 buttons , a small vanilla chat application and a component that looks exactly like Yahoo messenger list. I am a bit confusedin using MFC as a simple application will be around 2 MB in size. Please suggest me which alternative is better ? Regards, Patil > I am a bit confusedin using MFC as a simple application will be around > 2 MB in size. How did you get this figure? In VS2005, a wizard...

Pop up message claiming computer is infected
Neighbour has picked up one of those virus/worms or malwares than informs him that his computer is infected with all sorts of viruses and for a fee he can download a program to remove these infections. For protection he has been running nothing but the default WindowsXP security and firewall. To top it off, his "good friend" who set up the computer used a pirated copy of WindowsXP so cannot get updates etc. My opinion is...........wipe computer and install a legal copy of the OS. He would like to just get remove the worm or whatever is giving the pop up "infecti...

intermittent issues with lowercase 't' 'h' 'c' in outlook.
The above letters will periodically cease to function in outlook but they continue to work in notepad. Lower case only is affected the uppercase works fine. ...

Problems validating Money Plus Premium Win32 (2008)
I am trying to validate my Money Plus Premium Product just installed. The validation screen is asking for a key with teh following format: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Problem is my key is 2 gigits followed by 5 sets of % digits, not 4 Anyone having teh same problem. Am I doing something wrong here? -- LewK In microsoft.public.money, Lewis_K wrote: >I am trying to validate my Money Plus Premium Product just installed. The >validation screen is asking for a key with teh following format: > > XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX > >Problem is my key is 2 gigits followed by 5 se...

Somebody is Infected
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. Thanks al. I too was getting 200+ emails a day thanks to stupidly using my real email address (so users could email me). Now my ISP email;s me daily saying my accou...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...

Deleting infected emails
I have Norton AV 2002 set up to delete infected emails ariving in Outlook. Normally it delets them just fine but for some reason every now and then it pops up a message to say that it can't delete an email message and that "this email it's still infected". I can delete the message manually so what stops Norton doing the same? ...

MS Visual C++ 2005 Express and olectl.h...
Hi, I am trying to compile an OCX from an example provided with msvc2005 express and I get: ..\ScanServ.odl(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'olectl.h': No such file or directory Does this olectl.h come in some sort of SDK? Should it have been installed with msvc2005 express? Thanks, Alan www.sadevelopment.com Professional Disk Utilities The express version comes with very limited capabilities; it wouldn't surprise me if the OLE support was also omitted from the distribution (MFC isn't there, either) joe On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:53:58 -0600, &...

excel infected?
(Excel 2002, SP3; winXP, SP2) This problem just started. When I open a particular .xls, my firewall reports that Excel is trying to access the internet. This doesn't happen with other Excel files. The IP address that it tries to access belong to Savvis and Level Three Communications. The spreadsheet doesn't have any (intentional) links of this sort. From this, I have to wonder if this particular file has gotten infected. Is this even possible? The history of this xls file includes contact with someone else's PC. If a spreadsheet can be infected, is there a way to clean i...

Adding a public folder to Favorites causing outlook to crash and h
Added a public folder that has many many subfolders to the users favourite which is causing outlook to hand and crash. Is there any way i can undo the setting from the Server end or stop the public folder from being added to the user. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. There is not enough information in your post to offer any direct assistance. Version of Outlook? Do you have caching enabled for Public Folders? At what point does it crash? What is being logged to the Event Viewer about this? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.e...

Win32 ID no: 80070005
Big issues with Public folders, I cannot get access to them. I even created a new public folder tree and store and the problem just seemed to replicate itself. Right now I have two exchange servers running and I'm able to access the public folders via the second server but I have not found a solution to my problem on the first. Any clues would be appreaciated. ...

Outlook Express 6.0 / Spell Check button is gray, will not work. H
Hello. I just downloaded Outlook 6.0 but I cannot Spell Check. What is that about? I have downloaded all microsoft updates, programs. I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help. Thank you so much. David B. do you have Office installed? OE needs office to provide spell check. The Live mail client has its own spellchecker. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Question about win32 exe format.
Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information about an Win32 exe file? I've done *some* reading and have learned *some* stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select 'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc. If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might learn such info? Paul The values you are referring to have nothing to do with knowing how to read the executable. Y...

MFC + Win32 SDK
I am newbie to MFC. Uptill now I used to do programming with win32 SDK. MY 1st question is can we use MFC classed like CWnd, CButton with win32 without using MFC framework ? With Visual Studio 6 I have created a simple 'Hello world' Win32 type Application. I have declared 2 global MFC class var CWnd *mywnd & CButton *mybtn. Now in WndProc On WM_COMMAND of some lets say ID_BUTTON I have attached hWnd to mycwnd like : case IDC_BUTTON : mywnd=new CWnd(); mywnd->Attach(hWnd); after it i tried to create button by using CButton::Create/CreateEx which fails like : ...

Outlook 2002
I use outlook 2002 on a Windows NT SP6a machine. While using outlook, i have noticed that sometimes the keys c, v, t and h stop working. however, i can use them in notepad. i can also use them in outlook if i put the caps lock on and use the shift key. if i restart outlook, the problem goes away. sometimes the problem goes away as well on its own without having to restart. any idea what is happening? language is set as english (Australia) ...

can't open publisher; box says it's not a valid win32 applications
Any direction will be appreicated. I use xp and have numerous files develope in publisher and now cannot open thems And pray tell what version of Publisher are you using??? -- ...

Infected with Dsq.exe
Hello, http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/IE8Malware/ Date of infection: 2 may 2010 It entered my Windows XP X64 Pro Edition SP2 operating system unnoticed. Last windows update was on 21 march 2010 I think... Only thing noticed was misbehaving IE8 for some website ?!?. I shut it down after a few seconds... but apperently to late. (No firewalls, no virus scanners, no spyware scanners running). So far the virus/spyware/malware doesn't seem to have done too much damage ? It only seems to load ads in internet explorer ?!? It showed up in tasklist... I terminate...

Clean Spyware Infection
Have you ever downloaded music or pictures online? When you surf online, do you get pop up ads? If so, there's a 94% chance your PC is infected with potentially harmful SpyWare! Click—or paste in your browser’s address window— the link below to learn how to scan your PC ABSOLUTELY FREE and see for yourself whether you are infected! http://hop.clickbank.net/?elmejor106/trekblue8 Produced by VeriSign Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSN). VeriSign delivers critical infrastructure services that make the Internet and telecommunications networks more intelligent, reliable, and secure. ...

win32 error...but not always !
Hi there, I've got WORD, EXCEL & OUTLOOK 2003, and PPT 2007 (Don't ask ! - Dell sent wrong office suite without outlook - then sent another disk without ppt, so now I have a mixture - I can't completely uninstall either without losing either ppt or outlook). Problem - If I launch Excel 2003 and then open an old file (2003 file) it opens fine. But, if I double click the file, or try to open the file via a desktop link - I get 'not a valid win32 application', and it won't open. I've tried the 'open with' option - same message. I really want to ope...

H E L P
THE SETUP: - we are running a query with fields from two related tables... tblParent and tblChild... - selecting records on a field in tblParent - now change to Update Query - to update a field in tblChild THE PROBLEM: If there is no tblChild record for a particular tblParent record... none is added. We want Access to add a tblChild record if none exist for any tblParent record. How can we do this? Oh, we are doing this using the Access query grid and not raw SQL or Code. Thanks for any help. Access lacks triggers, so you will not be able to get Access to add a new relaed record ...

eConnect BizTalk Adapter 2004 using Static Solicit Response Port h
Hello, I am trying to create a Static Solicit Response Send Port in BizTalk 2004 Explorer using eConnect transport type and found that in the Transport drop down list eConnect is not listed. Does this mean I cannot use eConnect for Static Solicit Response Port? Note: I can create a Static One Way Send Port using eConnect only. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_70D095CF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Currently, only Static One Way Port is supported. You cannot use eConnect for Static Solicit Response Port. -------------------- Thread-Topic: eConne...