HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory

Re: HP 3970 Scanner

Hello Everyone:

Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will
make my question as straightforward as possible.

Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\
directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another
directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or
edit the image.

Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically
saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to
the C:\ location each time I want to edit/print an image?

Have a look at this article 'HP Scanner support'
(http://tinyurl.com/y8fkmrz), 'might' be useful to you.

davy

0
davy

data file not closed properly ALL THE TIME!
My outlook data file is not closing properly almost every time i exit outlook. It doesn't matter if I hit the X close buttun, or exit from the file menu. Everytime i start it up again, it has to check for errors which takes up to 10 min! any ideas? thanks In news:1135127304.926932.250900@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Christopher Kennedy <IAmChoop@gmail.com> typed: > My outlook data file is not closing properly almost every time i exit > outlook. It doesn't matter if I hit the X close buttun, or exit from > the file menu. Everytime i start it up again, it has to...

Printing conditional images
All, I am certain there's a simple answer to this but it has been baffling me so I'm throwing it open to the world after searching the archives with little success. In my worksheet, I have inserted images conditional on cells containing certain values. The code is as follows: ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Me.Shapes("Picture 1").Visible = (Range("C14") = 2) Me.Shapes("Picture 2").Visible = (Range("C23") = 5.76) End Sub ~~~~~~~~~~~~ The images appear without any problem and all is well on-screen. However, I...

Quota Limits to a file
Is there some tool or some way to dumb all the Quota Limits to a file ? It would be most helpful to easily create a file from where I could check each mailboxes limits... I have put one general warning limit to 50mb, but some users have bigger or smaller limits as well. Can't you do it with ESM, via menu at the top? Jaska wrote: > Is there some tool or some way to dumb all the Quota Limits to a file ? > > It would be most helpful to easily create a file from where I could check > each mailboxes limits... I have put one general warning limit to 50mb, but > some users ha...

how can I convert a XLS file into a CSV file
I have a program that uses CSV files. when I need to adapt the configuration, i open it in excell and save it as a xls file, but xls files are not accepted in my program. When I save my XLS file as CSV I receive a message and I can't use this new file in my program. Until now I have used a free trial program to convert between CSV and XLs, but I think it is very expensif. You save it in Excel as a CSV (Something.csv). You then close the file, go into Explorer and rename it to .txt (Something.txt). You have to be sure that you are using the correct character count, file setup etc...

Visual Basic Editor opens automatically after lock, unlock
(ms excel 2003) If I have a particular workbook open which contains macros and If I happen to walk away and the computer locks... upon unlock the vba editor pops up automatically. This particular workbook didnt do this until I added some lines of code that unprotected one of the sheets so the macro could write to it and once it was finished it protected the sheet again. Activesheet.Unprotect ("My_Password") Activesheet.Protect Password:="My_Password" You probably protected the wrong sheet and you are getting an error some place in th code or you added...

Edit button image of a custom macro on the QuickAccess toolbar
In Office 2007, I made a macro (personal workbook for use among any/all files) and put it on the Quick Access toolbar. Now how do I change the picture of the icon? In the old Excel I would get the customize box up and then right click on the button. Then I would click on Edit Button Image, and I could "paint" the pixels however I wanted. -- Thanks, PTweety hi PTweety See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:995...

Folders not set to AutoArchive default.
All the Outlook folders on my system are set to "Do not archive items in this folder". Since I have hundreds of folders it is a tedious process going to each folder and changing the AutoArchive setting to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings". Is there a way to set all the folders to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" without having to do each one separately? Also, is there a way to set up Outlook so all new folders are created with the AutoArchive set to "Archive items in this folder using the default sett...

Read OLE Object field to image ?
I have an Access database (images.mdb) that has 2 columns: one is the id of the picture (an integer) and one (column named picture) is a field of type OLE Object which contains an image stored as on OLE Object (it can store jpg, bmp, gif, but I don't know what image is stored inside). I want to retrieve the picture stored in the database and identified by a given id and display it in a web page (.aspx). I write in Visual C# and use Visual Studio .NET, but it does not matter, VB answers are just as wellcome. My problem is that this OLE Object field does not contain just the raw array of byt...

How do I set default start time, File-New-Meeting "start time"
when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New", "Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE .... I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ... Will it possible to change the start time? What happens if you double click on the date or time period? If you use month view, you'll get all day appointments, if you use a day view with time periods, you'll get an appointment for the time period. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

HP Pavillion a1632x
I had a HP Pavillion a1632x running WinXP64 media ed which was hit by a virus. I could not recover via the recovery mode. I made the mistake of installing Vsta (updating was unavailable). Is there a way to access the old registy using the remote registy call call it WinXP1.reg ? If I were to install XP from scratch, export my registry into a file WinXP2.reg, import WinXP1.reg, and then overwrite the latest from WinXP2.reg, would I get a useable system If Vista was a clean install, and you say "updating was unavailable" then everything on C was lost. And anyway i...

How to share com component between C# and VBA
Hi All, Have a C# app which makes a call to VBA macro using in-memory excel. I am unable to share the data between C# and VBA macro by using the same COM component. Both C# and VBA invoked this COM component through interop layer. Please advise. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using SQL Server Notification Services Platform http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ecbc1965-42af-4376-b400-4aae5e12f872/using-sql-server-notifica.aspx "Sridhar Yada" wrote in message news:201011193338sridhar.yada@nomura.com... > Please advi...

nk2 file
I am using enterprise Outlook 2002 and when I close Outlook the nk2 file gets emptied i.e. it loses all the cached values. When I reopen Outlook no names of people previously sent to are suggested. The Suggest names option is checked, and I have tried deleting the nk2 file. ANy suggestions? ...

Image and File Conversion Problem
When I convert my poster file to a PDF for pre-press the file created does not include the hi-res photo image I included in the design. It includes all other graphic elements, text boxes, etc. Not sure what to do. Anybody who has had this issue or has a reccomendation would be greatly appreciated. ...

Compare 2 excel files for differences?
Is there something within MS Office 2007 which will do this?. Alternatievly anyone any recommendation? Duplicates This site is great for finding Uniques/Duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx Also, for things pertaining to Data Validation, you may want to check this out: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html ....and if you feel really ambitious: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Dave" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:85...

Image Handling
I have a Function in an external class, that accepts a byte array and tries to convert it to a .bmp image, but I'm getting "A generic error occurred in GDI+" exception error on the 3rd line when I try to save the image. The code I have is as follows. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thank you in advance: Public Overloads Shared Function ResizeImage(ByVal ImageBytes As Byte(), ByVal width As Integer, ByVal height As Integer) As Bitmap Dim ms As New MemoryStream(ImageBytes, 0, ImageBytes.Length) Dim imgIn As System.Drawing.Image = System.Dr...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

opening .wks files
Had created spreadsheets as .wks files on Windows ME. I'm unable to open these now that I've upgraded to XP and Office XP. I've tried to associate them with Excel but they will not open properly. How can I retreive these? Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/con...

Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!
Hi, I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using Money 2001 (standard). I get an error --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok. I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again....

In RMS PO add Level Pricing A, B or C for customization
Hi, Currently we are not able to add level price A, B or C in the PO template. If there is a need to be able to use any of the item level pricing it should be made available for customization purposes. Thanks, Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Office 2010 HP printer problem
Office 2010 Professional Plus 2010 (the released 32-bit version, two activated copies on two computers) does not print multiple copies of any office document with my HP Laserjet P2055dn printers (using the latest Dec. 15, 2009 PCL 6 and PCL 5 UPD drivers available on the HP Web site). No matter how many copies are entered, only 1 copy of a document prints. Both of our computers are running Windows 7 x64. The printers worked fine with the Beta version of Office 2010, and work properly withh our non-Office programs. Our Xerox and Canon printers work properly. Does anyone have a ...

What does the [Group] in a file name mean?
I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any problems. Thanks for your feedback. EES Hi this indicated that you have 'grouped' several sheets (selected them together). Simply select on single tab name to remove this. Note: In group modus a change done on the active sheet will also be done in all grouped sheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany EES wrote: > I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the > designation of "[Grou...

reading large xml files...
I'm reading a 20Mb xml file in vb.net using .net framework 1.1 But when I'm opening that file for the second time, memory consuption goes wild... Do I need to take newer .net framework, or to close XMLDocument on another way? (I'm accessing data using XMLDocument & XMLElement) Is it better to use some another XML parser that the built in system.XML namespace? bongoo wrote: > I'm reading a 20Mb xml file in vb.net using .net framework 1.1 > But when I'm opening that file for the second time, memory consuption goes > wild... > > Do I need to take ...

Images in email load very slowly, even if from safe sender
I was using the Live Mail desktop client for awhile but I needed more PIM features (the recent Calendar integration into Live mail is a nice touch but it's not enough) so I switched to Outlook 2007. I'm liking it a lot so far, does everything I need and more for school- but I'm noticing that emails with a lot of images - which have been marked by me as coming from a 'Safe Sender' still take several seconds to load the images. Compared to the instantaneous loading of these same images from the very same list of 'Safe Senders' in Live Mail Desktop, I cannot help but ...