How to 'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??

How to  'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??

Over the years  (yes that long)  i have fitted new  bigger  drives to
the pc .. by simply using  drive  copy , ghost that sort of thing,
and  booted from the  new  drive with the  old  one  running as second
drive

So I now have  c  as the  main , d  the  second partition  and e & f
of the  old  drive ..some of the  files and dowloads are  still
usefull on the  older  drive so  dont  want to  simply  format it ..
but  could  do  with  removing the un wanted  windows system files ..
dlls  etc

Any links  to  a  file manager that  will  'show' all the  files on
the  drive .. and  allow them to  be  deleted ?

Or is it  possible to  uses  the  existing  explore .. the  best I
have  found  is to  use the  search  function and  remove from the
results . but this si still  not  100 %

Tnx - G ..
0
Graham

Explorer, select a relevent folder and delete it
Or Copy the stuff you want saved to another location & format the drive

"Graham" <g0nbd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How to  'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
>
> Over the years  (yes that long)  i have fitted new  bigger  drives to
> the pc .. by simply using  drive  copy , ghost that sort of thing,
> and  booted from the  new  drive with the  old  one  running as second
> drive
>
> So I now have  c  as the  main , d  the  second partition  and e & f
> of the  old  drive ..some of the  files and dowloads are  still
> usefull on the  older  drive so  dont  want to  simply  format it ..
> but  could  do  with  removing the un wanted  windows system files ..
> dlls  etc
>
> Any links  to  a  file manager that  will  'show' all the  files on
> the  drive .. and  allow them to  be  deleted ?
>
> Or is it  possible to  uses  the  existing  explore .. the  best I
> have  found  is to  use the  search  function and  remove from the
> results . but this si still  not  100 %
>
> Tnx - G ..

0
DL
12/13/2009 7:37:43 PM

"Graham" <g0nbd@hotmail.com> screv in
> How to  'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
>
> Over the years  (yes that long)  i have fitted new  bigger  drives to
> the pc .. by simply using  drive  copy , ghost that sort of thing,
> and  booted from the  new  drive with the  old  one  running as second
> drive
>
> So I now have  c  as the  main , d  the  second partition  and e & f
> of the  old  drive ..some of the  files and dowloads are  still
> usefull on the  older  drive so  dont  want to  simply  format it ..
> but  could  do  with  removing the un wanted  windows system files ..
> dlls  etc
>
> Any links  to  a  file manager that  will  'show' all the  files on
> the  drive .. and  allow them to  be  deleted ?
>
> Or is it  possible to  uses  the  existing  explore .. the  best I
> have  found  is to  use the  search  function and  remove from the
> results . but this si still  not  100 %
>
> Tnx - G ..

If you're sure that the files on the old disks are no longer needed then you
could use this method:
1. Rename X:\Windows to X:\Windows.old
2. Wait a week.
3. If all is well, delete X:\Windows. Use Shift-Delete in Explorer tio
prevent the folder from being moved into the Recycle bin.
4. Do the same with X:\Program Files and X:\Documents and Settings

This should cover 99% of your legacy files. Remember to replace X:\ with the
actual drive letter. Remember also that Shift-Delete will permanently delete
files. Going, going, gone!

0
Pegasus
12/13/2009 7:38:40 PM
On Dec 13, 1:57=A0pm, Graham <g0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> How to =A0'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
>
> Over the years =A0(yes that long) =A0i have fitted new =A0bigger =A0drive=
s to
> the pc .. by simply using =A0drive =A0copy , ghost that sort of thing,
> and =A0booted from the =A0new =A0drive with the =A0old =A0one =A0running =
as second
> drive
>
> So I now have =A0c =A0as the =A0main , d =A0the =A0second partition =A0an=
d e & f
> of the =A0old =A0drive ..some of the =A0files and dowloads are =A0still
> usefull on the =A0older =A0drive so =A0dont =A0want to =A0simply =A0forma=
t it ..
> but =A0could =A0do =A0with =A0removing the un wanted =A0windows system fi=
les ..
> dlls =A0etc
>
> Any links =A0to =A0a =A0file manager that =A0will =A0'show' all the =A0fi=
les on
> the =A0drive .. and =A0allow them to =A0be =A0deleted ?
>
> Or is it =A0possible to =A0uses =A0the =A0existing =A0explore .. the =A0b=
est I
> have =A0found =A0is to =A0use the =A0search =A0function and =A0remove fro=
m the
> results . but this si still =A0not =A0100 %
>
> Tnx - G ..

It appears your question remains unanswered.

In Explorer, click View, Folder Options, tick "Show hidden files and
folders" and UNtick Hide extensions for known file types.

Now you will be able to see the hidden and system files and have your
way with them.

Undo the settings if the display become cluttered with normal
exploring.
0
Jose
12/13/2009 8:49:53 PM
On Dec 13, 8:49=A0pm, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 1:57=A0pm, Graham <g0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > How to =A0'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
>
> > Over the years =A0(yes that long) =A0i have fitted new =A0bigger =A0dri=
ves to
> > the pc .. by simply using =A0drive =A0copy , ghost that sort of thing,
> > and =A0booted from the =A0new =A0drive with the =A0old =A0one =A0runnin=
g as second
> > drive
>
> > So I now have =A0c =A0as the =A0main , d =A0the =A0second partition =A0=
and e & f
> > of the =A0old =A0drive ..some of the =A0files and dowloads are =A0still
> > usefull on the =A0older =A0drive so =A0dont =A0want to =A0simply =A0for=
mat it ..
> > but =A0could =A0do =A0with =A0removing the un wanted =A0windows system =
files ..
> > dlls =A0etc
>
> > Any links =A0to =A0a =A0file manager that =A0will =A0'show' all the =A0=
files on
> > the =A0drive .. and =A0allow them to =A0be =A0deleted ?
>
> > Or is it =A0possible to =A0uses =A0the =A0existing =A0explore .. the =
=A0best I
> > have =A0found =A0is to =A0use the =A0search =A0function and =A0remove f=
rom the
> > results . but this si still =A0not =A0100 %
>
> > Tnx - G ..
>
> It appears your question remains unanswered.
>
> In Explorer, click View, Folder Options, tick "Show hidden files and
> folders" and UNtick Hide extensions for known file types.
>
> Now you will be able to see the hidden and system files and have your
> way with them.
>
> Undo the settings if the display become cluttered with normal
> exploring.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks  for  the  reply .. but

I do not  seem to  have the  option you  describe ...I have  taken
the  following steps

right  click  start .....click 'explore' ......starts with  'start
menu'  top  left ..

file  ... edit  ...  view  ... favorites ...etc

click    'view'

I do not  see any options to  set the folder  options  ... the  only
similar settings
look to be the  folder use ..... there  is a  choose  details , but
that  list is
user biased with  camera details etc ?

Im running   xp-pro  with  all  updates and IE exp 8

tnx - G ..
0
Graham
12/13/2009 9:53:33 PM
On Dec 13, 4:53=A0pm, Graham <g0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 8:49=A0pm, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 13, 1:57=A0pm, Graham <g0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > How to =A0'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
>
> > > Over the years =A0(yes that long) =A0i have fitted new =A0bigger =A0d=
rives to
> > > the pc .. by simply using =A0drive =A0copy , ghost that sort of thing=
,
> > > and =A0booted from the =A0new =A0drive with the =A0old =A0one =A0runn=
ing as second
> > > drive
>
> > > So I now have =A0c =A0as the =A0main , d =A0the =A0second partition =
=A0and e & f
> > > of the =A0old =A0drive ..some of the =A0files and dowloads are =A0sti=
ll
> > > usefull on the =A0older =A0drive so =A0dont =A0want to =A0simply =A0f=
ormat it ..
> > > but =A0could =A0do =A0with =A0removing the un wanted =A0windows syste=
m files ..
> > > dlls =A0etc
>
> > > Any links =A0to =A0a =A0file manager that =A0will =A0'show' all the =
=A0files on
> > > the =A0drive .. and =A0allow them to =A0be =A0deleted ?
>
> > > Or is it =A0possible to =A0uses =A0the =A0existing =A0explore .. the =
=A0best I
> > > have =A0found =A0is to =A0use the =A0search =A0function and =A0remove=
 from the
> > > results . but this si still =A0not =A0100 %
>
> > > Tnx - G ..
>
> > It appears your question remains unanswered.
>
> > In Explorer, click View, Folder Options, tick "Show hidden files and
> > folders" and UNtick Hide extensions for known file types.
>
> > Now you will be able to see the hidden and system files and have your
> > way with them.
>
> > Undo the settings if the display become cluttered with normal
> > exploring.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks =A0for =A0the =A0reply .. but
>
> I do not =A0seem to =A0have the =A0option you =A0describe ...I have =A0ta=
ken
> the =A0following steps
>
> right =A0click =A0start .....click 'explore' ......starts with =A0'start
> menu' =A0top =A0left ..
>
> file =A0... edit =A0... =A0view =A0... favorites ...etc
>
> click =A0 =A0'view'
>
> I do not =A0see any options to =A0set the folder =A0options =A0... the =
=A0only
> similar settings
> look to be the =A0folder use ..... there =A0is a =A0choose =A0details , b=
ut
> that =A0list is
> user biased with =A0camera details etc ?
>
> Im running =A0 xp-pro =A0with =A0all =A0updates and IE exp 8
>
> tnx - G ..

Don't right click start.

While you are in a Windows Explorer window with some folder open for
navigating follow the steps.

0
Jose
12/14/2009 2:55:44 AM
On Dec 14, 2:55=A0am, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 4:53=A0pm, Graham <g0...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > It appears your question remains unanswered.
>
> > > In Explorer, click View, Folder Options, tick "Show hidden files and
> > > folders" and UNtick Hide extensions for known file types.
>
> > > Now you will be able to see the hidden and system files and have your
> > > way with them.
>
> > > Undo the settings if the display become cluttered with normal
> > > exploring.- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks =A0for =A0the =A0reply .. but
>
> > I do not =A0seem to =A0have the =A0option you =A0describe ...I have =A0=
taken
> > the =A0following steps
>
> > right =A0click =A0start .....click 'explore' ......starts with =A0'star=
> > menu' =A0top =A0left ..
>
> > file =A0... edit =A0... =A0view =A0... favorites ...etc
>
> > click =A0 =A0'view'
>
> > I do not =A0see any options to =A0set the folder =A0options =A0... the =
=A0only
> > similar settings
> > look to be the =A0folder use ..... there =A0is a =A0choose =A0details ,=
 but
> > that =A0list is
> > user biased with =A0camera details etc ?
>
> > Im running =A0 xp-pro =A0with =A0all =A0updates and IE exp 8
>
> > tnx - G ..
>
> Don't right click start.
>
> While you are in a Windows Explorer window with some folder open for
> navigating follow the steps.- Hide quoted text -

Ok All  sorted ...  just one  problem .. how to  change the  atribute
of a  read only  file ....  cannot  remove a few
old  adobi files that are locked ?

Tnx - G .

0
Graham
12/14/2009 7:55:32 PM
R-click the file, select Properties. UNcheck read-only.

Graham wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2:55 am, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Thanks  for  the  reply .. but
>>
>>>I do not  seem to  have the  option you  describe ...I have  taken
>>>the  following steps
>>
>>>right  click  start .....click 'explore' ......starts with  'start
>>>menu'  top  left ..
>>
>>>file  ... edit  ...  view  ... favorites ...etc
>>
>>>click    'view'
>>
>>>I do not  see any options to  set the folder  options  ... the  only
>>>similar settings
>>>look to be the  folder use ..... there  is a  choose  details , but
>>>that  list is
>>>user biased with  camera details etc ?
>>
>>>Im running   xp-pro  with  all  updates and IE exp 8
>>
>>>tnx - G ..
>>
>>Don't right click start.
>>
>>While you are in a Windows Explorer window with some folder open for
>>navigating follow the steps.- Hide quoted text -

> Ok All  sorted ...  just one  problem .. how to  change the  atribute
> of a  read only  file ....  cannot  remove a few
> old  adobi files that are locked ?
>
> Tnx - G .

0
Bob
12/14/2009 8:07:35 PM
On Dec 14, 8:07=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> R-click the file, select Properties. UNcheck read-only.
>

> Graham wrote:

> >>Don't right click start.
>
> >>While you are in a Windows Explorer window with some folder open for
> >>navigating follow the steps.- Hide quoted text -

> > Ok All =A0sorted ... =A0just one =A0problem .. how to =A0change the =A0=
atribute
> > of a =A0read only =A0file .... =A0cannot =A0remove a few
> > old =A0adobi files that are locked ?
>
> > Tnx - G .- Hide quoted text -

Tnx fr info  .. all  sorted ...

0
Graham

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

MS Office Publisher Help window appears after every print job
I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it. However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a virtual printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS Office Pint Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing publications on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because the jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more importantly, how do I make it stop appearing sh...

Create individual files from a row

Problems with IE8 and Javascript (Windows 7)
I have Windows 7 (64) and IE 8, and I have the following problems which I do not have with my other laptop (Vista 32 and IE 8). problem #1: a javascript pop-up will show up as a blank screen and will display "about:blank" at the top. problem #2: on certain sites, the pop-up window will display the login screen, and I have to re-login and navigate again to the site which I wanted to see in the pop-up window. Any solutions are appreciated. I have checked the "Display all websites in Compatiblity View". thanks, rjp Hi, Are the problems occurring with 32-b...

circular logging is enabled but still generated a log of new files
hi exchange 2003 service pack 2 the circular logging is enabled but still generated a lot of new log files , i bakcuped all day every 2 hours to avoid the hard disk fills. some one help me thans sorry for my bad engish enabling circular logging is a bad idea...it severely limits your DR options...but if is is enabled, you should only see 4 or 5 transaction log files...are you sure these are transaction log files you're seeing? where are they located? how large is the disk that contains the transaction log files? how many are there? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "exgwill" &...

Integration/reconciliation with Customer Info System
We are a public water district and use Great Plains (version 8.0) with a 3rd party product (Cogsdale) for our water billing system. Reconciliation between the 2 systems takes a tremendous amount of time as does posting all the batches that Cogsdale generates. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these 2 systems (or similar type systems, especially public agency, water/sewer type billing) and have any advice on how to streamline the process. Thank you. Are you currently using Integration Manager? "Glynis" wrote: > We are a public water district and use Great Pl...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

How to remove leading zeros using excel 2000
nI wish to remove the leading zeros from a column of numbers in an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. Excel 2003 handles this easily but I need to be able to do the same thing in excel 2000. Would appreciate your comments. Regards, Rod If you have numbers, rather than text, XL2000 should work the same as XL2003. What are you doing in 2003 that doesn't work in 2000? -- Regards, Fred "RodJB" <RodJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43CB55D1-E167-4B5A-AC50-840FA8732FB7@microsoft.com... > nI wish to remove the leading zeros from a column of numbers in an Excel 2...

Dedicated hdd for page file, outer disc space used
Windows XP latest SP Hdd dedicated for page file installed, single partition. Page file of fixed size generated on this disc. While reviewing the partition with Windows on-board defragmentation utility, the page file is presented in outer partition sections. It doesn't start from partition beginning. I guess files critical for system performance should be placed at inner section - faster read/write access. Does windows on-board defrag utility really show the facts? Does this file is really placed in outer partition section? If yes, why does windows do that this way? k...

Removing server key without reinstalling software.
Hello, We originally installed the technet license key for testing purpose. Now we want to apply the purchased keys to increase the number of users. The current technet license doesn't allow us to install any aditional keys and is stuck at 10 users. It always come back with "Server Key already installed". My questions: 1) Can I remove the current key (installed as default key during installation)? It seems that the only way to increase the number of users is to remove the current key entirely. However, I do not see an option to do that. 2) Instead of removing it,...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

Remove "Private" designation
I just marked a message as "Private" and now I cannot edit it. I would like to go back and change it to public. This is a calendar on the network that many people have access to and all items can be considered public. I believe I am the owner of the calendar and even set myself up with "owner" properties and I cannot edit the appointment. Any suggestions? Thanks, Linda ...

New Windows 7 Acer Laptop Security Status
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct Newsgroup since there's no NG for Windows 7.......but here goes: Here's the system configuration for my wife's new Acer Laptop computer we just got yesterday: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name Linda-PC System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire 5517 System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-42, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date A...

Removing a Payment from the Reconcile to GL Spreadsheet
Hello: There is a payment that, oddly enough, is in receivables history according to inquiry windows but is not applied to any invoices. Evidently, either the client at one time had previously removed transaction history or a glitch occurred on the network that caused this. The payment is not showing on the Receivables Historical Aged Trial Balance or on the General Ledger Detailed Trial Balance. It is showing, however, on the Reconcile to GL spreadsheet that is available in GP 10.0 in the Financial Routines section. We would like to get this "hung up" payment ...

Using Split Window with CDHtmlDialog
Hello, I'm just curious if anyone has tackled this issue in the past. I have a split window application that is working fine with regular form dialogs. But there are a couple views that I 'would have' liked (although I'm about to give up) to have been HTML based, so I add an IDD_FORMVIEW dialog, then used the MFC Wizard to add a class with base class CDHtmlDialog, instead of CFormView class like my other dialogs. I'm still trying to become familiar with basic C++ concepts here, so excuse my ignorance, but what happens at this point is that the Window does't get filled...

Temp file created and not deleted after saving
Excel 2000(current on all patches) is creating a temporary file that follows the format - example.xls~rf345678.tmp Where example.xls is the name of the original file opened from the recent file list. The file is being left behind only if you open the original file from the recent file list, but not if you use - FILE - OPEN. It appears as if the file names are being merged while going from being the temp file to the saved file. I have also seen this posted on other newsgroups occuring with OfficeXP Excel and Office 2003 Excel. Hi see: http://snipurl.com/6kzo -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

SMTP Mail Sending Problem Windows 7
Hi, I am using SMTPClient class for sending mail from my C# application. I have successfully sent mail in local area or outside of the domain. But, i met a strange problem. When i send the mail to the client who uses Windows 7 he cannot receive the mail, although exchange server tells me "it has delivered". I worked on it and i found a silly case. When i set MailPriority.High the client receives the mail. If i do not set the mail priority to high, the client does not receive the mail. Can Anyone tell me what is the problem, or has anybody met a problem as simi...

Help Importing Excell Files
Can somebody help me with the below expression? I am getting a syntax error. Much appreciated. Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet (acImport,acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,"DrawingsCurrentRevImport","C: \Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/ PMIVExport.xls",,,) Without even testing or looking up the function I notice a forward slash in your path? "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/PMIVExport.xls" Shouldn't it be "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports\PMIVExport...

windows 2000 upgrade
CAN I UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL TO WINDOWS XP OR EVEN UP TO WINDOWS 7? THANX Just a polite reminder. Maybe you are unaware, but it is a convention and therefore considered impolite to post messages in upper case, because it implies you are shouting (as in angry) about something. I think you should should turn Caps Lock off when posting Suggest you post this to the Windows 7 Install, upgrade and activate forum instead of the * Windows Update * newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads -=- "PENCILHEAD" wrote: >...

removing mailbox in Outlook
I am the system admin and have the ability to add other users mailboxes to my Outlook. I added one while the user was on vacation and now I am unable to remove it. I dont know if this is an Exchange or an Outlook issue. In outllok under tools, services, properties, advanced, there is an option to add or remove mailboxes (if you have the permission) The one I added is not listed as added . I'm stumped. I also posted this in the outlook group but havent gotten a reply. These are the steps for Outlook 2002. Previous versions of outlook are very similar. -Right click on your exchange icon ...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Compress files
Hi, Over the past few days a pop-up window has appeared whenever Win XP SP3 is started asking if I want Outlook Express to compress files. The ONLY options are Yes, No and the red X. I normally use Outlook 2003 only. I have used Outlook Express a few times when the news reader was playing up. How do I stop this annoying pop-up appearing? What will be the effect on Outlook if Outlook Express does compress the files? -- Cheers . . . JC JC wrote: > Over the past few days a pop-up window has appeared whenever Win > XP SP3 is started asking if I want Outlook Express to compress ...