How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the address
box), and Google and AVG below the address box.

I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the right
of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
toolbar from there but it is still showing.

I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it is
still there.

I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed again
'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as well
but I am stumped by Yahoo.

Any ideas?

On 24 Dec 2009, =?Utf-8?B?U3VtbWVyMQ==?=
<Summer1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how?

<http://www.google.com/search?q=uninstall+yahoo+toolbar>
0
Nil
12/24/2009 11:04:37 PM
Did you opt to install the Yahoo-customized version of IE8?
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Summer1 wrote:
> I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the address
> box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
>
> I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
> 'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the
> right
> of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
> toolbar from there but it is still showing.
>
> I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
> Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it is
> still there.
>
> I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed again
> 'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as
> well
> but I am stumped by Yahoo.
>
> Any ideas?

0
PA
12/25/2009 12:18:22 AM
No, Yahoo toolbar was installed duringthe installation of Yahoo Messenger.

Summer1 wrote:
> I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the
> address box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
>
> I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
> 'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to
> the right of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I
> removed Yahoo toolbar from there but it is still showing.
>
> I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during
> the Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger)
> but it is still there.
>
> I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed
> again 'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to
> uninstall as well but I am stumped by Yahoo.

Which version of the toolbar do you have?

0
Daave
12/25/2009 2:51:17 AM
There is a tool "safe360" can help you remove any IE add-in you don't want.

"Summer1" wrote:

> I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the address
> box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
>
> I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
> 'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the right
> of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
> toolbar from there but it is still showing.
>
> I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
> Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it is
> still there.
>
> I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed again
> 'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as well
> but I am stumped by Yahoo.
>
> Any ideas?
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:28:02 -0800, Summer1
<Summer1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the address
>>box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
>>
>>I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
>>'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the right
>>of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
>>toolbar from there but it is still showing.
>>
>>I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
>>Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it is
>>still there.
>>
>>I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed again
>>'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as well
>>but I am stumped by Yahoo.
>>
>>Any ideas?

If you go into Add/Remove Programs in your control panel, there should
be a listing for Yahoo something crap essentials, or something like
that. When you click to remove it you will get a window pop up that
has a list of some of the junk that Yahoo tossed onto your machine and
you can select which ones (all?) to get rid of. Toolbar should be
there. If not call the idiots at Yahoo and ask them where they hid it
at. :)

--
The seabat
Filtering GoogleGroups & Goobers with extreme prejudice!

Summer1 wrote:
> No, Yahoo toolbar was installed duringthe installation of Yahoo Messenger.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you opt to install the Yahoo-customized version of IE8?
>> --
>> IE-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Summer1 wrote:
>>> I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the
>>> address
>>> box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
>>>
>>> I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
>>> 'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the
>>> right
>>> of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
>>> toolbar from there but it is still showing.
>>>
>>> I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
>>> Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it
>>> is
>>> still there.
>>>
>>> I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed
>>> again
>>> 'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as
>>> well
>>> but I am stumped by Yahoo.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> .

0
PA
12/25/2009 7:45:27 AM
Thanks for the assistance everyone :)

"The Seabat" wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:28:02 -0800, Summer1
> <Summer1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >>I have three toolbars installed on IE8-Yahoo (to the right of the address
> >>box), and Google and AVG below the address box.
> >>
> >>I want to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar but how? It is not listed under
> >>'Add/Remove' programs and there is a magnifying glass and arrow to the right
> >>of this toolbar that says 'Manage search providers' so I removed Yahoo
> >>toolbar from there but it is still showing.
> >>
> >>I uninstalled Yahoo messenger (since the toolbar was included during the
> >>Messenger install so it would be removed by deleting Messenger) but it is
> >>still there.
> >>
> >>I know that for AVG toolbar, AVG has to be uninstalled and installed again
> >>'without' the toolbar option and Google toolbar is easy to uninstall as well
> >>but I am stumped by Yahoo.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?
>
> If you go into Add/Remove Programs in your control panel, there should
> be a listing for Yahoo something crap essentials, or something like
> that. When you click to remove it you will get a window pop up that
> has a list of some of the junk that Yahoo tossed onto your machine and
> you can select which ones (all?) to get rid of. Toolbar should be
> there. If not call the idiots at Yahoo and ask them where they hid it
> at. :)
>

> --
> The seabat
> Filtering GoogleGroups & Goobers with extreme prejudice!
> Usenet Improvement Project: R.I.P. Lee aka Blinky the Shark
> .

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

how to get notified from the webpage to toolbar
Hi I am creating an IE Toolbar using ATL,COM and WTL without using MFC.Now I wanr to add a feature that whenever an user will sign in or signoff from a particular site(suppose yahoo.com),the buttons on the toolbar will be changed.Like yahoo.After a valid sign in this toolbar will have different buttons and after signout it will have different buttons,everything like yahoo toolbar.these buttons will allow the user to go to his personal pages as well as they will be having drop down menus which will be populated dynamically by latest alerts or news.Can anybody tell me how to proceed?Should I c...

Remove lines with +++

Problem in mailing only to yahoo
We have facing problem in sending mails only to yahoo. When ever any user sends mail to yahoo the massage qued and following problem occur This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator. "Hemant Bisht" <Hemant Bisht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8995B28C-65BB-4149-AEFE-514A94FD9269@microsoft.com... > We have facing problem in sending mails only to yahoo. When ever any user > sends mail to yahoo the massage qued and followi...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Removing password protection on a sheet

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

How do I create a new toolbar with different tickmark buttoms?
How do I create a new toolbar with different tickmark buttoms? I want to create a tool bar wherein several different buttoms would be tickmarks. Then I would just click on the buttom and it would "tickmark" the number or information I want. lgpalhares Wrote: > How do I create a new toolbar with different tickmark buttoms? I want > to > create a tool bar wherein several different buttoms would be tickmarks. > Then > I would just click on the buttom and it would "tickmark" the number or > information I want. First you want to right click any where on...

Change Toolbar Location
Hey All... Dug around for a while around the groups to find a solution but could not find a clear cut answer. I loaded a customized toolbar into excel. Everytime I start excel the toolbar appears on the right side of the window, instead of loading on top with the other toolbars. I manually move the toolbar to the top. But everytime I restart excel, there it is...on the right hand side. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance... btw.... I am using Excel 97. ...

Adding and removing removable drives

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...

Toolbars #12
I've created my own toolbar. what VBA code would I write to select/delete that specific toolbar? hi, Add a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="CTB").Visible = True Delete a custom tool bat: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Delete Hide a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Visible = False Show a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Visible = True regards FSt1 "dstiefe" wrote: > I've created my own toolbar. what VBA code would I write to select/delete > that specific...