How to deal with task bar

I am using XP SP3,  I am trying to look at a series of .mov files in a
folder, one file at a time.
When I double click on one of the .mov files,  it quite naturally
executes Quicktime V7.0 to 'play' the .mov, since that is the default
for .mov files.
What I don't like is that Quicktime always opens to play the .mov with
its 'play' button (and its other controls too) hidden behind the task
bar at the bottom of the screen.
I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play
button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of
the task bar,  so's I can see the quicktime controls?

This may be a dumb question, and if so,  I am sorry.  But I really
would like to know.

Anyone?

0
George

Move the mouse to a blank area on the taskbar, right-click, select
Properties and in the Taskbar appearance window uncheck "Keep ther taskbar
on top of other windows".

<George@here.com> wrote in message
>I am using XP SP3,  I am trying to look at a series of .mov files in a
> folder, one file at a time.
> When I double click on one of the .mov files,  it quite naturally
> executes Quicktime V7.0 to 'play' the .mov, since that is the default
> for .mov files.
> What I don't like is that Quicktime always opens to play the .mov with
> its 'play' button (and its other controls too) hidden behind the task
> bar at the bottom of the screen.
> I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play
> button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of
> the task bar,  so's I can see the quicktime controls?
>
> This may be a dumb question, and if so,  I am sorry.  But I really
> would like to know.
>
> Anyone?

0
Jerry
1/31/2010 9:37:31 PM
In message <eGwmX2roKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Jerry
<ChiefZekeNoSpam@MSN.com> writes:
>Move the mouse to a blank area on the taskbar, right-click, select
>Properties and in the Taskbar appearance window uncheck "Keep ther taskbar
>on top of other windows".
[]
>> I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play
>> button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of
>> the task bar,  so's I can see the quicktime controls?
[]
Or set the taskbar to autohide.

Can you select some sort of full-screen mode in Quicktime (or is it, but
behind the taskbar)? VLC, for example, toggles with F11 (and it comes in
front of the taskbar, even though I think I have taskbar set to keep on
top), and it also has another toggle (involving the H key IIRR) to
hide/make visible the controls.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

"The first objective of any tyrant in Whitehall would be to make Parliament
utterly subservient to his will; and the next to overturn or diminish trial by
jury ..." Lord Devlin (http://www.holbornchambers.co.uk)

Moving tasks in any order we want them in
We are currently using Outlook 2000 for Windows. We wish to move tasks in any order as we see fit using drag and drop. We have read newsgroup messages that imply that some Outlook versions or packages have drag and drop ordering of tasks. Which versions of Outlook for windows have this feature? I don't know of any versions of Outlook that have this feature. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Ref...

Creating a Simple Bar Chart
I've got 2 columns of numbers - column A is a continuous set of integers going from about 40 to 210; column B is a frequency count going from blank up to 10. A sample is shown below. PROBLEM 1 Using XL2007 I can't even seem to get a simple bar chart showing frequency count (y axis) against number (x axis). I just get either a total as a single bar or a cumulative count. PROBLEM 2 Once I've got this working I'd like to be able to group those numbers (eg into 5's or 10's) so as to reduce the length of the x-axis Can SKS help out please. Tx 44 2 ...

Excel Bar Chart with many elements Example
I am working with a survey database where one field represents one question in the Survey. Some questions allow the user to enter multiple answers. This data isn't normalized but I have t work with what I've got. Anyway I tried to create a chart in Acces with the wizard but got the error: "Cannot have more than elements in the chart". Anyway I attempted to recreate the char in Excel but my chart looks crammed and canno print entirely within one page. Does anyone know how or have a example of how to create a bar chart with many elements in a clea and consice manner T...

ol2000 slow loading folders/tasks
laptop running independently and networked takes an inordinate amount of time to load folders as well as perform tasks like delete Intermittent problem but an annoyance nonetheless thank you ...

SSIS FTP Agent Task Trouble
I am trying to finish a project that requires SQL Server 2008 SSIS package to send files to another server. The server is not in our domain and we need to make this happen with SSIS FTP. The job runs great in test as I am signed into the server running it manually. Running the job from the Agent bombs - it's sending the Logon ID OK but the password is not coming so the job fails. I am new to SSIS FTP and I know this must be a variable and passing along the code in a file. I simply don't know how to make it happen code wise and were to put the variables in the SSI...

Bar Chart template
I would like to creat a bar chart with an unequal space timeline, but when I change x-axis to fit the time scale, the bar become very thin How can I make those bar fatter I need a template for a different bar chart I have 2 groups of data in each time point, and each group has 2 data point (measurement and background) I would like to have is a bar chart has 2 bars in each time point. Within each bar, the y-axis scale is fit to match maesurement, but it also display a different color for background (for example measurement is 3 and backgroung is 1.2. Then I would like the bar is in the scale o...

status bar 04-16-10
How do you customize the status bar? Assuming that you are using Word 2007, you can right-click the status bar and choose which items you want to display. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "MISSY71438" <MISSY71438@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9B2725-2C47-43E4-8528-4B9E76760B6E@microsoft.com... > How do you customize the status bar? ...

Horizontal Error Bars in Excel 2007
Is it possible to still do this in Excel 2007? I can find Vertical, but not horizontal. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi Barb, Yes, they still exist but they're not easy to find. If you have an XY chart for example, click on the outside edge. In the layout tab go to the analysis group. Select Error Bars -> More Error Bar Options. It should then add vertical and horizontal error bars to your chart. However, the Format Error Bars dialog box indicates only Vertical Error Bars. What is hard to see is that the dialog box is modeless. So, while it's still on your screen you can...

How do I uhide the MENU bar?
I had been using the MACRO tutorial s on line. After I came back to a spread sheet of my own I could not find my Menu Bar; FILE EDIT FORMAT...etc I don't know what the tutorials did, but you may want to try: Tools|customize put a check mark in front of "worksheet menu bar" If that doesn't work... hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter: application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = true Then back to excel to see if that helped. Robert wrote: > > I had been using the MACRO tutorial s on line...

Updating Tasks Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003, XP Pro SP3 Here is the scenario. I set up and allocate a task, which is sent by email to the lucky candidate for the job. Later I wish to add my notes to the task, which is not allowed, except as an updated task to the task nominee. (for example "the task is to chase up an overdue widget order. Today the supplier, Fred, rings me and I want to make the following update in the task, and send to the task nominee:- "Fred rang re the overdue widget order; said he has lost it, can you send to him again please") These notes are not saved in the body o...

Menu bar in Outlook
I think it is the menu bar. It shows the word "timeslips" about eight times in a row. This is up at the top of the window. We do run timeslips on this computer. Why is that word appearing there? and why is it repeated the 8 times? Thanks. Scott in Austin MN It is an issue with how that application detects its own toolbar and, if necessary, creates it. You can reset the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to .old but the real fix would lie by the software maker of Timeslips. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microso...

Bay chart error bars automation
Hi, Over the past month I developed an Excel add-in (which I can't share in its entirely for legal reasons, unfortunately). The most relevant code is pasted below my signature. What the relevant part of what it does: - Sorts the primary (input) worksheet by a column which represents the ID of survey panelists (there are multiple, varying numbers of observations/rows per respondent) - Uses the subtotal function to average values for that panelist on a number of "attributes", which are found in adjancent cells on each panelist's row(s) - It then creates a bar chart on...

Can VBA modify Task Schedular tasks in XP
Hi, I have a lot of schedualed tasks where I need to be able to quickly adjust the start time on a regular basis. I was wondering if there was a way VBA could modify the tasks in task schedular? I'd be looking to at least be able to adjust the start time but preferably also delete and add tasks. As an alternative, could I have excel run a file that's associated with an application? And if I could, how could I run it around the clock so it could do the same thing as XP Task Schedular? Thanks, MikeZz If you get the superb .dll file tskschd.dll, written by Edanm...

PS2007: Task actuals appearing out of nowhere
One of my resources recently ran into a very strange problem. One of her tasks was filled in with actuals over a lengthy period (2+ weeks) with an even spread of 0.025 hours per day, totaling to 7.5 hours (1 day of work). She had entered some time towards that task previously, but the task still had remaining work. The task still has remaining work too - just this one day of work appeared from somewhere and got spread over the length of the task up to the current date. Neither the project manager or the resource can think of anything they've done that could have resulted i...

Getting outlook to not show finished tasks
In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a strike through them. Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter up the display? Thanks for any help you can offer! Shane C. <smchism@gmail.com> wrote: > In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, > amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a > strike through them. > > Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter > up the display? Vi...

ssis
Do you know links for samples about the use of output parameters with the EXECUTE SQL TASK Only real world samples, because i bought "Professional sql server 2005 Integration Services" But the sample doesn't work Hi Can you explain what are you trying to achive? You can use stored procedure with OUTPUT parameter and insert the value either into a variable or table "Graziano" <graziano.montagna@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:4b5c7461$0$6826$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it... > Do you know links for samples about the use of output paramet...

Error message when adding text to bar
-->Sorry, nothing happened when I hit the submit button, so I hit it again. sorry.<-- Microsoft Project 2000, I am trying to add text to the right of a bar in a Gantt Chart. Don't I select "Right", then scroll down and choose "Text1" change the text to what I want to say, and hit OK? When I do, I get a pop up that says "This value is not valid in this situation, Chick the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you typed the information correctly. How do I do that? I thought I did... Thanks for your help. -...

Plotting a 3D Bar Chart
Hi everyone, I am doing a research on international oil and gas trade. The data table that I have looks like a typical train schedule. Each row represents oil exporting countries; each column represents oil importing countries; and the intersection between row and column represents volume of oil trade. I found similar chart online but don't know exactly how to create it or even to describe it. I have attached the screen shot of the chart. Any help will be very much appreciated. Sincerely, ZewSays +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Inte...

Money 2004 Deal
I received a pop-up add for TaxCut Deluxe & Money 2004 Deluxe for $39.95 when I opened Money and accidentally hit the dismiss button. I would like to visit the site to take advantage of the offer. Where do I go to get this deal, or how do I get the window to come back (if possible)? Please advise. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. try these sites for better deal on taxcut/money www.bestbuy.com www.officemax.com www.officedepot.com www.compusa.com www.staples.com www.metrocenter.com >-----Original Message----- >I received a pop-up add for TaxCut Deluxe &...

Visio
Hi, I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using visio but however am new to visio environment. Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during project implementation The flow is: Comany A Task 1 Comapany B Task 2 Task 3 Company A Task 4 Company B Task 5 Task 6 The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio?? ------=_NextPart_0001_A4AC1F58 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Don't ...

Track task by quanitity NOT hours
Is it possible in MS Project 2007 to report actual quantities completed vs. % complete or hours complete? Example - Our crew has 1500 linear feet on their task of directional boring. They have completed 750 linear feet. This is how we want to enter our updates - is this possible? TKGerdie -- For your purpose, the Physical Percent Complete field would work very nicely. In any task View, such as the Gantt Chart view, click View - Table - Tracking. You will see the Physical Percent Complete field in this table and you can enter physical progress in the field. Hope this he...

Change default height/width of up/down arrow, heading, bottom bar
I was using Excel and couldn't get the bottom bar to display--to change to another worksheet--so I somehow INCREASED THE HEIGHT of this bar. (I later realized that my windows machine was acting up as I had put it in hibernate mode.) Anyway this changed the settings throughout my computer, including the width of up/down arrows (I can no longer see a value larger than 1 digit as the bar to the right is too large) and also default heading sizes from the internet--making some of the systems that I subsribe to UNUSABLE! Please please help me change this setting back. For example, the...

permission for tasks that belongs to an opportunity
Please help me. My workflow sales process generates tasks for opportunity. one of the task is to obtain approval from manager, therefore that task's owner is the manager. however, the owner of the opportunity (a salesperson) can see the task that belongs to the manager, and can close it. under the permission settings, the salesperson should only be able to see his own tasks. understand that it might be because the tasks belongs to the opportunity, and opportunity belongs to the salesperson, therefore the salesperson can see the task as well. is there any way to prevent the salesp...

Why would a Windows Scheduled Task stop working?
Hello: Several weeks ago, I developed a .cmd file that runs a GP macro (.mac file). It runs perfectly. Then, I created a task through Windows Server 2003 Task Scheduler that runs this .cmd. and therefore the macro, automatically. The task works perfectly, when I right-click on the task and choose "Run". And, for three weeks, Task Scheduler ran this .cmd file automatically. Then, a few days ago, it stopped running the .cmd file at its scheduled time. Again, if I right-click on it and choose "Run", it does run. But, why would the Windows Task Scheduler all of a s...

Stopping search from the Address bar in IE8
Is there some way that I can stop my computer from searching from the address bar in IE8? I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and IE8. I have 2 home pages set up (in case that matters). Here is what happens: I type a website address in the address bar and, if I mistype the address, sometimes I get the message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems More information That would be okay with me because then I can look and see that I mistyped the address and I just fix the typo to get to the...