How to code a batch file?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel
file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

On Mar 25, 8:37=A0pm, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an e=
xcel
> file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

I would try this group.

Andy

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt?hl=3Den
0
Mint
3/26/2010 1:50:36 AM
From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel
| file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it.
| Thanks in advance for any suggestions
| Eric

Use Task Scheduler to open the XLS file during that time period.

--
Dave

David
3/26/2010 1:52:31 AM
Are you ever going to reply to any of your other recent threads?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/e6de782e8f403bca

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/2a1b1cfb1279b2c5

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/4e3d8245bd70e86b

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/cb077cda81a7050

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/819b3239e484c35e

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/2e56d13ea6909ba

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/f72133be50537cdd

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/e59fb677d4df2efe
--
~PA Bear

Eric wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an
> excel file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open
> it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

0
PA
3/26/2010 1:54:58 AM
Eric wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel
> file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Here you go:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
"x:\Data Folder\FileName.xls"

John
0
John
3/26/2010 1:40:33 PM
Thank everyone very much for suggestions
Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following condition
into batch file?
If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current time is
between 9 am to 10 am then
open D:/file.xls
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

Eric wrote:
> Thank everyone very much for suggestions
> Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following condition
> into batch file?
> If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current time is
> between 9 am to 10 am then
> open D:/file.xls
> Do you have any suggestions?
> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions

If you only want to open a file on Friday and on no other day:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
if /i %day%==fri goto friday
goto :eof

:friday
"D:/file1.xls"

If you want to open different files based on day or the week:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
if /i %tm% GTR 1400 goto eof
if /i %day%==sun goto sunday
if /i %day%==mon goto monday
if /i %day%==tue goto tuesday
if /i %day%==wed goto wednesday
if /i %day%==thu goto thursday
if /i %day%==fri goto friday
if /i %day%==sat goto saturday

:sunday
"D:/file1.xls"
goto :eof

:monday
"D:/file2.xls"
goto :eof

:tuesday
"D:/file3.xls"
goto :eof

:wednesday
"D:/file4.xls"
goto :eof

:thursday
"D:/file5.xls"
goto :eof

:friday
"D:/file6.xls"
goto:eof

:saturday
"D:/file7.xls"

John
0
John
3/26/2010 5:18:41 PM
PS:

The command window will stay open (minimized to the taskbar).  You can
use the START command to avoid this, example:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
if /i %day%==fri goto friday
goto :eof

:friday
start "C:\Program Files\Lotus\123\123w.exe" "E:\123DATA\PAYROLL.123"

John

John John - MVP wrote:
> Eric wrote:
>> Thank everyone very much for suggestions
>> Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following
>> condition into batch file?
>> If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current
>> time is between 9 am to 10 am then
>> open D:/file.xls
>> Do you have any suggestions?
>> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
>

> If you only want to open a file on Friday and on no other day:

> @echo off
> for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
> for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
> if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
> if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
> if /i %day%==fri goto friday
> goto :eof
>
> :friday
> "D:/file1.xls"

> If you want to open different files based on day or the week:

> @echo off
> for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
> for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
> if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
> if /i %tm% GTR 1400 goto eof
> if /i %day%==sun goto sunday
> if /i %day%==mon goto monday
> if /i %day%==tue goto tuesday
> if /i %day%==wed goto wednesday
> if /i %day%==thu goto thursday
> if /i %day%==fri goto friday
> if /i %day%==sat goto saturday
>
> :sunday
> "D:/file1.xls"
> goto :eof
>
> :monday
> "D:/file2.xls"
> goto :eof
>
> :tuesday
> "D:/file3.xls"
> goto :eof
>
> :wednesday
> "D:/file4.xls"
> goto :eof
>
> :thursday
> "D:/file5.xls"
> goto :eof
>
> :friday
> "D:/file6.xls"
> goto:eof
>
> :saturday
> "D:/file7.xls"

> John
0
John
3/26/2010 5:54:07 PM
I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?

From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Thank everyone very much for suggestions
| Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following condition
| into batch file?
| If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current time is
| between 9 am to 10 am then
| open D:/file.xls
| Do you have any suggestions?
| Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
| Eric

Again...

Use the system Task Scheduler !

No programming logic needed -- KISS !

--
Dave

David
3/27/2010 12:39:53 AM
From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?
| Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
| Eric

This is too funny...

Writing a BAT file for this is like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.

The Task Scheduler is the easiest approach as *IT* will automatically do what you want at
a given time on a given day!

--
Dave

David
> From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?
> | Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
> | Eric
>
> This is too funny...
>
> Writing a BAT file for this is like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.
>
> The Task Scheduler is the easiest approach as *IT* will automatically do
> what you want at
> a given time on a given day!
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Dave,

Don't get yourself agitated.  Eric is a moron that cannot follow simple
instructions.  He multiposts all over the place.  Read PA Bear's post above.
Check the microsoft.public.excel.programming NG and search 'Eric'.

Apparently, Eric has the mind of a houseplant and the mentality of a stepped
on potato chip.  He needs his Thorazine dose increased dramatically or just
changed over to Risperdal.  He'll post anything, anywhere as long as his
handcuffs are off.  I know.  I'm his doctor.

BB

0
BillyBob
3/27/2010 1:33:20 AM
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | Thank everyone very much for suggestions
> | Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following condition
> | into batch file?
> | If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current time is
> | between 9 am to 10 am then
> | open D:/file.xls
> | Do you have any suggestions?
> | Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
> | Eric
>
> Again...
>
> Use the system Task Scheduler !
>
> No programming logic needed -- KISS !

"KISS" even has its own article :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

    Paul
0
Paul
3/27/2010 1:50:28 AM
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?
> | Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
> | Eric
>
> This is too funny...
>
> Writing a BAT file for this is like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.
>
> The Task Scheduler is the easiest approach as *IT* will automatically do what you want at
> a given time on a given day!

But keep in mind that the scheduled task will run at the designated time
on the designated day whether you need to run it or not, and that it may
open files whether you want to work on them or not, or whether you are
at the computer or not.  With the batch file you can run this at your
own time, like at 9:45 instead of 9:00, or not at all if there is
nothing to do with the file.

John
0
John
3/27/2010 5:26:58 AM
Eric wrote:
> I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?

No, you put the labels (:tuesday, :wednesday...) but you didn't put any
commands under the labels (except for the :friday label) and you didn't
put a goto at the end of the labels so the batch file will keep on
processing down the list of labels regardless of the day of the week.
Also, being that you're opening the same file ("D:/file1.xls")
regardless of the day so you can shorten the batch file with one label
only, try this instead:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
if /i %day%==tue goto openfile
if /i %day%==wed goto openfile
if /i %day%==thu goto openfile
if /i %day%==fri goto openfile
goto :eof

:openfile
"D:/file1.xls"

John
0
John
3/27/2010 5:52:55 AM
BillyBob wrote:
>>> I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?
>>> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
>>> Eric
>>
>> This is too funny...
>>
>> Writing a BAT file for this is like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.
>>
>> The Task Scheduler is the easiest approach as *IT* will automatically do
>> what you want at
>> a given time on a given day!
>>

> Dave,
>
> Don't get yourself agitated.  Eric is a moron that cannot follow simple
> instructions.  He multiposts all over the place.  Read PA Bear's post
> above.
> Check the microsoft.public.excel.programming NG and search 'Eric'.
>
> Apparently, Eric has the mind of a houseplant and the mentality of a
> stepped
> on potato chip.  He needs his Thorazine dose increased dramatically or
> just
> changed over to Risperdal.  He'll post anything, anywhere as long as his
> handcuffs are off.  I know.  I'm his doctor.

Screenwipes, please.

Paging Nurse Ratchet...

0
PA
3/27/2010 6:06:15 AM
Thanks a lot for suggestions
Eric

>>> This is too funny...
>>>
>>> Writing a BAT file for this is like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.
>>>
>>> The Task Scheduler is the easiest approach as *IT* will automatically do
>>> what you want at
>>> a given time on a given day!
>>>

>> Dave,
>>
>> Don't get yourself agitated.  Eric is a moron that cannot follow simple
>> instructions.  He multiposts all over the place.  Read PA Bear's post
>> above.
>> Check the microsoft.public.excel.programming NG and search 'Eric'.
>>
>> Apparently, Eric has the mind of a houseplant and the mentality of a
>> stepped
>> on potato chip.  He needs his Thorazine dose increased dramatically or
>> just
>> changed over to Risperdal.  He'll post anything, anywhere as long as his
>> handcuffs are off.  I know.  I'm his doctor.
>
> Screenwipes, please.
>
> Paging Nurse Ratchet...

LOL. FYI, she's my wife

Cheers,

R.P  "BillyBob"  McMurphy

0
BillyBob
3/27/2010 11:00:51 AM
From: "Paul" <nospam@needed.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>

>> | Thank everyone very much for suggestions
>> | Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add following condition
>> | into batch file?
>> | If (today is tuesday or wednesday or thursday or friday) and current time is
>> | between 9 am to 10 am then
>> | open D:/file.xls
>> | Do you have any suggestions?
>> | Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
>> | Eric

>> Again...

>> Use the system Task Scheduler !

>> No programming logic needed -- KISS !

| "KISS" even has its own article :-)

| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

|     Paul

:-)

--
Dave

David
3/27/2010 1:40:53 PM
You're welcome.

John

Eric wrote:
> Thanks a lot for suggestions
> Eric
>
> "John John - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Eric wrote:
>>> I finished the rest code on the other day, does it look right?
>> No, you put the labels (:tuesday, :wednesday...) but you didn't put any
>> commands under the labels (except for the :friday label) and you didn't
>> put a goto at the end of the labels so the batch file will keep on
>> processing down the list of labels regardless of the day of the week.
>> Also, being that you're opening the same file ("D:/file1.xls")
>> regardless of the day so you can shorten the batch file with one label
>> only, try this instead:

>> @echo off
>> for /f "tokens=1 delims=/.- " %%A in ('echo %date%') do (set day=%%A)
>> for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:." %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
>> if /i %tm% LSS 900 goto eof
>> if /i %tm% GTR 1000 goto eof
>> if /i %day%==tue goto openfile
>> if /i %day%==wed goto openfile
>> if /i %day%==thu goto openfile
>> if /i %day%==fri goto openfile
>> goto :eof
>>
>> :openfile
>> "D:/file1.xls"

>> John
>> .

0
John

zip codes don't merge #2
I am trying to mail merge w/ Word 2000 the names and addresses in my worksheet. When I get to the part to choose the format for the mailing labels, I choose F1, F2, etc. to F6 (which is the zip code column). A few do get there, but the vast majority stop at the state, leaving off the entire zip code. I have gone to menu/format and selected text in the number tab. I have gone to format/cells and chosen special/zip code in the number tab. I've read Excel for Dummies. Please help me. TIA bb ...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

How to see files in .docx?
I have read that .docx has many files compressed like .zip files, but where are they? How to see them? Thanks You will have to change the file name extension from docx to zip. Then open the zip file. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:evrVaQIvKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have read that .docx has many files compressed like .zip files, but where >are they? How to see them? > Thanks > Or open docx directly using winrar -- <>>< ><<> ><<...

Re: merging a pub file into a pub document?
GbH wrote: > I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup. > Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher > document into an existing/open publisher document. > Please can somebody point me at it. > > -- Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could read it? -- -- Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could remember the darn question Both of your posts show -- Don Vancouver, USA up here. "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:u7JmyS0d...

Integrate Paycodes, benefit codes and deduction codes
Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction amounts and benefit amounts for employees? At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees, which we get the information from a spreadsheet. I thought that maybe I could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming. Thanks, Laura Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master Destination. one ...

Can't delete file
I just did a system recovery on a Gateway with XP Pro from the restore partition on the hard drive. One of the restore options was to save the old windows files in a folder called Backup (date). So I did that. After restoring the OS I copied all the files I needed back into the new install from the backup folder. Then I wanted to delete the backup folder. Everything deleted OK except... C:\Backup\Windows\System32\Macromedia\Flash\flash8a.ocx No way in hell can I get it deleted. "access denied". I booted into Safe Mode where I could get to the security options and no mat...

Can youp propagate changes to inserted text from file?
If you insert "text from file" in a document, but later make changes to the source file, can the changes to the source file be propagated to the document where you inserted the text? If you insert a link to the source file. Otherwise no. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>...

posting sales batches and financial batches
We use Great Plains ver 7 for our company. When we are posting other's work we have to approve each sales batch in the sales batch entry window and click on post. Then we have to go to Financial Batch entry and find the correct entry and yet again approve and post the entry. Is there any way to do both of these steps at once? Any help would be great. Yes, there is. You need to post by batch and not by transaction in the sales module. You also need to go to posting setup for sales and the type of transaction you are posting and mark the option to "Post Through to GL." The ...

concatenating two vendor codes
My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to do is concatenate the two codes. Example Vendor Code Vendor Name 123 Joe's Supplies ABC Joe's Supplies what I need is this Vendor Code Vendor Name 123/ABC Joe's Supplies any ideas? Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put th...

Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?
Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ? I am NOT technical and have just started using MS EXCEL. Can anyone PLEASE HELP me: 1. How can I automatically remove duplicates using EXCEL ? ie the same info input more than once on different lines. Can EXCEL do this ? 2, I have color coded the text in the certain lines in terms of priority. can Excel rearrange the data by color ? If yes, How do I do it ? I think I have EXCEL '97 Thanks for your help in advance. Hi 1. You can extract the unique items to a new list using menu Data > Filter > Advanced fil...

how to write data to file
I wonder if anyone knows a simple way to write a selection of fields from a single record out to a local file on the server. I then need to automate this in a simple way. click a button or workflow process. Thanks this is a job for the SDK..pretty simple but requires coding ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "DMcL" <DMcL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3542CF5-1340-4167-9566-047B5AFDE409@microsoft.com... >I wonder if anyone knows a simple way to write a selection of fields from a > single...

attach pdf file
I am not sure if this is possible. It is kind of an odd situation. We are in the process of data dumping some document numbers and images. The images or PDF files. What they are asking me to do is build a DB that contains the document numbers and also attach the PDF images that are associated with each doc number. This is so another dept can view the information for doc number and PDF file at the same time. Is this possible? Have a look at the sample database: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/DocMgr_2K.zip If I remember correctly, it doesn't include PDFs, but they ...

16 bit code
Hello, I have a 16 bit code to maintain. (It is too complex to copile it to 32 bit) so all we are doing is support. Now they want to add a small feature, where I need to copy long file names in the project. I know we can not do long file name copies in vc++ (1.52). So I wrote a program in VC++(6.0) which does directory copy. My questions are 1. How can I call a 32 bit exe (I guess WinExec should work)? 2. How can I make the 16 bit to wait till the 32 bit code completes? 3. Is there any other better way to do this? (other than converting to 32 bit) Thanks. I actually do this in an old 16-bi...

File I/O related
Hi I have this file i/o related problm I need to create a U I which adds, updates and deletes records from a text file The problm is i need to del/modify records in between using the interface Is it possible to get to the exact position sey 15th record-->to be updated or deleted The problm of multiple primary keys also is there.I have certain data files which have multiple primary keys.Is it possible in MFC to develp using CFile etc.... i don't know ,sorry These requirements clearly suggests, you need a database....( Use MS Access ) If you want to use files, just do something like...

folder deleted while trying to delete one file in Outlook Express
I wanted to delete one file but instead it deleted the entire folder. It was not sent to the deleted folder nor to the recycle bin. Why did this happen? More important is there anyway that I can retrieve the files in the folder. Thanks in advance. Gil Hoellerich It happened cause you pressed delete and then confirmed it by pressing yes. I don't believe there is any way to recover it other than by restoring from backup. "G Hoellerich" <ghoellerich@NC.RR.com> wrote in message news:01de01c35a02$42738fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I wanted to delete one file but instead it d...

Dynamic range from a different XLS file for a pivot table
Hello. I have several pivot tables in an Excel-1 file. They all aquire the data from another Excel-2 file where I have a List created, which enlarges everytime I add more data to it. I have created a dynamic name in Excel-2 as explained in http://contextures.com/xlPivot01.html. I would like to use the name of the data range in Excel-2 in the pivot tables as its source data in Excel-1. Unfortunately, when I try to use that name as an external source for the pivot tables, it doesn't appear. Do you know how could I do that? Maybe I could create some cell with the data range in Excel...

area codes is auto filling my own 9 digit ph# vs just area code
When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER laptop. Make sure you have your area code entered correctly in "Dialing Properties". "Computer Dummy" wrote: > When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area > code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to > just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER ...

Access file types?
I have created an Access database and have designed a form. When selecting "Form View" the forms remains in design view. I then get a new database which is an LDP file which I cannot delete and restricts using the mdp file. Why can I not view the designed form in Form View? It's LDB, not LDP; and MDB, nor MDP The LDB file is a locking database. It cannot be deleted while the main database is open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Wayne Viles" <WayneViles@discussions...

VBA Code for Pasting Sheets
I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another sheet. I like like to do this for 7 different sheets For example: I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet titled "data1". Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7". thanks, Curt Subject: Automated Copy Paste Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code On Apr 27, 10:49=A0am, Curt <C...@discussions.mi...

open/import Lotus wk4 files into Excel 2007 w\ formulae intact
I do not access to Lotus Smartsuite and need to import an old Lotus wk4 spreadsheet into Excel with the formuale intact. It would be huge hassle to recreate it and I am not going to invest in Smartsuite. thanks hi 2007 does not support lotus. so you need to find someone with lotus or check in to open office. it's free. http://openoffice.org regards FSt1 "jrj19" wrote: > I do not access to Lotus Smartsuite and need to import an old Lotus wk4 > spreadsheet into Excel with the formuale intact. It would be huge hassle to > recreate it and I am not going to invest i...

MC/VISA joint code
Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit cards? It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together. It is the same company afterall. It would save me a lot of time adding separate entries together to reconcile the statement! I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol: 4############### 5############### If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length. The # symbol requires that the characters after the first d...

Money 2004 - Experian Offer
I just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and converted my 2003 files with no problem. I decided to give the free year of credit monitoring from Experian a try but after filling everything out I get an error that the provided code has expired. I neither had nor provided any code for this offer, I only used the link from Money 2004. Now Experian was more than willing to set up a $79 account if I wanted to proceed. Any solution out there? I have the same problem... I am looking for a FREE way to contact Microsoft about this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I just loaded Money 2004 ...

Saving OFX files from California Bank Of America...convert ofx?
All, I've seen similar posts, but not exactly the same. I saved an OFX from California BofA, and I can no longer retrieve the data in a different format (it's older than their three month deadline). When I try to import it, I get the familiar 'There is a problem with the data received from this online provider. If the problem persists, call the provider's customer service number for help.' Can I convert the OFX to OFC or QIF (which had worked for me previously). It seems like there are conversion utilities for almost every other format to OFX, but not from ...

files in web page not located in expected location
I have created a web publication and when I "publish to the web" the home page comes up just fine. However when I click on the next page which is a calendar, I get a message that says "some of the files in this web page aren't in the expected location. Do you want to download anyway?" When I say yes it shows the page, but not the way it is supposed to look. The calendar is larger than the page. This did not happen on my orignal document, but started happening after I had uploaded the initial index.html page to the web server. How can I fix this before I update ...

Analytical Accounting
Hi, One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable from Query wizard etc. appreciate your thoughts. Good Morning PR, I found that the issue isn't the number of AA Trx Dim Codes it is the size of the AAG30000 and AAG40000 tables the more entries the longer it takes to product the report. I had one client that started having a cached SSRS report with AA information as a management level report and a different SSRS report with a more restrictive dataset for reporting ...