How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)

In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
to Internet in that group.
Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives &
Internet Access & other things.

Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
registry editing or any way to control that things
Thank you.
0
Booli

On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> to Internet in that group.
> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> Internet Access&  other things.
>
> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> registry editing or any way to control that things
> Thank you.

On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
they will be able to undo anything that you do.

John
0
John
7/17/2010 1:20:26 PM
On Jul 17, 7:20=A0pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>
> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> > to Internet in that group.
> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> > Internet Access& =A0other things.
>
> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> > registry editing or any way to control that things
> > Thank you.
>
> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remote
> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one on
> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> John

Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
anyone knows abt this matter.
Regards
Booli
0
Booli
7/17/2010 1:27:25 PM

"Booli" <lasithakamalpriya@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>>
>> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
>> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
>> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
>> > to Internet in that group.
>> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
>> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
>> > Internet Access&  other things.
>>
>> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
>> > registry editing or any way to control that things
>> > Thank you.
>>
>> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
>> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
>> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
>> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
>> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
>> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
>> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> anyone knows abt this matter.
> Regards
> Booli

There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
operation of the other machines.

0
Pegasus
7/17/2010 1:37:36 PM
On Jul 17, 7:37=A0pm, "Pegasus [MVP]" <n...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Booli" <lasithakamalpr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> >> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remot=
> >> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> >> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> >> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one=
 on
> >> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> >> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> >> John
>
> > Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> > anyone knows abt this matter.
> > Regards
> > Booli
>
> There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You current=
ly
> operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no centra=
> administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
> Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
> control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
> operation of the other machines.

Thanks both u John & Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me. I
got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
* First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
* Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices & Access of Internet
each computer.
* So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB storage
can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to block Internet
access specific computer
Please help me. hope ur kind reply.
0
Booli
7/17/2010 1:56:29 PM
Booli wrote:
> Thanks both u John & Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me.
> I got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
> * First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
> password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
> * Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices & Access of
> Internet each computer.
> * So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB
> storage can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to
> block Internet access specific computer
> Please help me. hope ur kind reply.

Let's try to clear this up.

You have 6 computers in a "workgroup" right now.  A workgroup is nothing
more than 6 computers that all decided they would share the same 'family
name' --> but it's nothing official.  It helps them recognize one another in
some ways - but the relationship is not a strong one - they are merely
'familar' with one another.

Each computer is still fully its own stand-alone system with its own set of
users, own set of policies and rules.  In the end, it could care less how
the other computers in the workgroup are setup and is generally unaffected
by their setup.

What this means is (without involving a server and/or joining the systems to
a domain) you have no central control of those five computers - other than
what you *manually* setup.  You can go to each computer and create an
account that has administrative rights - naming it the same and giving it
the same password on all the computers.  You can change all other users (or
only create other users as) to limited accounts.

As for your Internet blocking - with your setup you will have to do it at
the Internet level itself.  You will need to control the "router" that they
connect to that also connects to the Internet and then - only if that router
is one with such features - can you prevent them from going out to the
Internet but still allow them to use the local area network to communicate
within the 'room'.

Time for you to learn to search for answers...  If you cannot do this - then
the duties you seem to be taking on are not meant for you - find another
career.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example - your USB query:
http://www.google.com/search?q=control+USB+access+Windows+XP

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
7/17/2010 2:09:17 PM
On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:
> On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP<audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca>  wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>>
>>> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
>>> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
>>> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
>>> to Internet in that group.
>>> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
>>> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
>>> Internet Access&    other things.
>>
>>> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
>>> registry editing or any way to control that things
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
>> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
>> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
>> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
>> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
>> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
>> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try&  hope more answers if
> anyone knows abt this matter.

As Pegasus has mentioned your best option would be to have a server
where all of these things can be centrally administered.  If adding a
server is not an option then the only thing that I can add or suggest is
that you enable the Remote Registry service on all the machines and that
you make sure that administrative shares are enabled on the operating
system drive on all the machines.  Then from one of the desktops in the
workgroup you will be able to access these machines and do some changes,
but anytime you want to make a change you will still need to do the
changes to every individual machine or you will have to devise scripts
or batch files that make use of ComputerNames or IP addresses to make
changes to all the machines.

If you want to use Group Policies you can configure one machine with the
policies that you want and then you can export/import the policy to the
other machines, there again if you later decide to change your GPOs you
will still have to apply the changes to each machine individually.  You
can also setup logon or machine scripts on each machine then from your
desktop you can create or modify the scripts and then via the
administrative shares you can change or replace the scripts on each
machine.  Or you can place scripts or batch files in the common startup
locations, like the Startup folder for example.

Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do what you want on a peer
network, you have to be creative and resourceful to try to centrally
manage a peer network.  You will have to learn how to use scripts and
batch file and you will have to craft these so that they suit your
needs.  I would suggest that you look into and familiarize yourself with
the Sysinternals PsTools suite of tools, in many situations these will
be quite useful.  And I repeat again, while logged on at any machine any
user with administrative privileges will be able to undo any of your
changes on any or all of the machines in the workgroup!

John
0
John
7/17/2010 2:22:15 PM
On 7/17/2010 10:56 AM, Booli wrote:
> On Jul 17, 7:37 pm, "Pegasus [MVP]"<n...@microsoft.com>  wrote:
>> "Booli"<lasithakamalpr...@gmail.com>  wrote in message

>>> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try&  hope more answers if
>>> anyone knows abt this matter.
>>> Regards
>>> Booli
>>
>> There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
>> operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
>> administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
>> Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
>> control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
>> operation of the other machines.
>
> Thanks both u John&  Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me. I
> got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
> * First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
> password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
> * Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices&  Access of Internet
> each computer.
> * So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB storage
> can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to block Internet
> access specific computer
> Please help me. hope ur kind reply.

Look at the IntelliAdmin USB Disabler tool available here:
http://www.intelliadmin.com/index.php/usb-disabler-pro-manual/  You will
find other useful network administration tools on their site.

or do your research and push the registry settings to all the machines.

To block internet access install a half decent business class router on
your network and you will be able to block access by IP or MAC address
at the router.

John
0
John
7/17/2010 2:35:15 PM
On Jul 17, 8:22=A0pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:

> >> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> >> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remot=
> >> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> >> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> >> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one=
 on
> >> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> >> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> >> John
>
> > Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try& =A0hope more answers if
> > anyone knows abt this matter.
>
> As Pegasus has mentioned your best option would be to have a server
> where all of these things can be centrally administered. =A0If adding a
> server is not an option then the only thing that I can add or suggest is
> that you enable the Remote Registry service on all the machines and that
> you make sure that administrative shares are enabled on the operating
> system drive on all the machines. =A0Then from one of the desktops in the
> workgroup you will be able to access these machines and do some changes,
> but anytime you want to make a change you will still need to do the
> changes to every individual machine or you will have to devise scripts
> or batch files that make use of ComputerNames or IP addresses to make
> changes to all the machines.
>
> If you want to use Group Policies you can configure one machine with the
> policies that you want and then you can export/import the policy to the
> other machines, there again if you later decide to change your GPOs you
> will still have to apply the changes to each machine individually. =A0You
> can also setup logon or machine scripts on each machine then from your
> desktop you can create or modify the scripts and then via the
> administrative shares you can change or replace the scripts on each
> machine. =A0Or you can place scripts or batch files in the common startup
> locations, like the Startup folder for example.
>
> Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do what you want on a peer
> network, you have to be creative and resourceful to try to centrally
> manage a peer network. =A0You will have to learn how to use scripts and
> batch file and you will have to craft these so that they suit your
> needs. =A0I would suggest that you look into and familiarize yourself wit=
> the Sysinternals PsTools suite of tools, in many situations these will
> be quite useful. =A0And I repeat again, while logged on at any machine an=
> user with administrative privileges will be able to undo any of your
> changes on any or all of the machines in the workgroup!
>
> John

Mr.john Shehan & Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
keep one password for all other pcs & block USB with that software &
change TCP/IP & Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.
Thanks
Booli
0
Booli
7/17/2010 3:35:46 PM
On 7/17/2010 12:35 PM, Booli wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> John
>
> Mr.john Shehan&  Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
> by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
> systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
> computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
> privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
> a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
> become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
> keep one password for all other pcs&  block USB with that software&
> change TCP/IP&  Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
> any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
> all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
> sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.

You're not disturbing us at all, you're welcome and come again if you
need more help!

John
0
John
7/17/2010 4:13:38 PM

> On Jul 17, 8:22 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:
<snip>
> Mr.john Shehan & Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
> by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
> systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
> computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
> privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
> a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
> become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
> keep one password for all other pcs & block USB with that software &
> change TCP/IP & Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
> any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
> all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
> sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.
> Thanks
> Booli

Clearing the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses will indeed prevent
your users from accessing the Internet. Just make sure that the user's can't
change it back again. Alternatively, to confuse them, you could enter
incorrect addresses.

0
Pegasus
7/17/2010 6:41:39 PM
Booli <lasithakamalpriya@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> to Internet in that group.
> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives &
> Internet Access & other things.
>
> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> registry editing or any way to control that things
> Thank you.

I'd say get a copy of windows server or something and install it on one
of your machines or get a dedicated machine to run said server. But
that's just me.

--
Jason
0

How 2 Reduce Worksheet Size After Deleting?
I am working with an Excel 2002 worksheet that originally had over 63,000 rows. I've deleted most of these rows. Now only 50 remain. However, if I use a shortcut key to get to the bottom of my worksheet, it takes me to row 63646. Is there a way to reduce the size of a worksheet after rows are deleted? I would just copy the rows I need to a new worksheet, but there is formatting and characters that I would lose. Please advise. Thanks. There are instructions here for resetting the used range: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Theo wrote: > I am working wi...

Windows Mail
I am trying to send mail for Windows Mail and it is asking for the incoming and outgoing server information. What do I do to find this information? I am trying to send an attachment to a friend and can't do it. Also the spell check is not working, it says that the language in not correct. What does that mean and how do I fix it? Please help. Lisa Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ht...

how do I create a 2 year follow up active log
I am new to this and I am creating my own business and would like some info on creating a 2 year log follow up for clients I am signing on such as periodic updates and birthdays any help greatly appreciated You can either use the Calendar or Tasks, depeding on what works best for you. Tasks sounds like it would be better as the calendar can get clogged up pretty quickly. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Pls help Asset Allocation Question #2
Pls help Asset Allocation Question My brother is 51 years and his wife is 46 yrs old. He is thinking of buying a home. He is not sure of how much of his total wealth / net worth should be in Stocks and Real estate Someone told him that cash and bonds aside, real estate and Stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) should be approx 50% each Since both stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) and real estate are more volatile, he was told to split that portion of his net wealth.. 50% each. Pls let me know if this is generally speaking, approximately correct...because I know it is difficult to be abso...

conditional formatting with FORMULA... Please HELP! #2
Hi all, I have price data in rows like this (each price takes up a cell): 5 5.43 6 6.25 6.50 8 15 9.25 9 8.75 8.50 8.50 8.50 8.50 13 I need to show trends via conditional formatting where on 3 or more consecutive days prices fluctuate EQUALLY by 0.25 or more each time, up or down... IE, with the above data, I would want to "flag" let's say, in red fill color, the sequence 6, 6.25, 6.50 as well as the group 9.25, 9, 8.75, 8.50, but NOT the group of 8.50, 8.50, 8.50. I have tried if/and/or statements again and again and come close on simpler tre...

How Do I become a MVP?
What should I do to become an MVP Please advice. "MVP awark seeker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061701c3d25e$baa1a3a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What should I do to become an MVP > > Please advice. I would guess that you would need to come to Microsoft's attention by providing a very large amount of great answers on these newsgroups. seeker, the easiest way is to post 1,000's of responses in a VB newsgroup. :) rlf "MVP awark seeker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061701c3d25e$ba...

Windows crash
I all, I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom. A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes. The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device. I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device man...

Data Loss in the Opportunity (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I would like to check on the opportunity reports on the closed opportunity by opportunity Won-Lost Report. However, I found all the records are WON status. It's quite strange that we are sure there should be no such possibility. Then we go to the opportunity module to list the closed opportunity, the data in the previous are lost. We never delete the record on the closed opportunities. We check on the database, the data is lost also. In this few days, CRM security services & Crystal Report Services hang. We need to Cold boot the Server to reactivate the services. Please...

Changing system administrator policies
I needed to install Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime so I could use Family Tree Maker 2010. During installation of WSE I kept getting the message: "Windows Installer. The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I could not find anything in the Control Panel that would let me (as administartor) change policies. I could get no answer from Microsoft Support and gave up on them. After a lot of searching I found someone who said they solved the problem by turning off User Account Control. I did this and it worked. Does anyone know a better way...

spreadsheet #2
Anyone, I am trying to produce a multi-page steadsheet with page 1 being an input page, page 2 being an average page, and page 3 being and data page. My problem is how do I get the data I input on page 1 to populate on page 3 incrimentaly, say by day? With each day I input I want it to input the data on another line on the data sheet on page 3. I have been able to get it to populate from page 1 to page 3 but only on the same line, it overwrites the previous data that had been input. ...

Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003
When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 going to be released? Is there any information avaliable now on what improvements or enchancements is going to be included in Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2? Haven't seen anything public except this. Looks like it is due out sometime in the second half of 2005. http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/12/22/330184.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B5B9CCA-0CC8-407B-A3DA-629F013D5EE1@microsoft.com... > When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 goin...

GP 8 to 10 upgrade on Windows 2008
Hi, In another thread I saw that the version 8 sp 5 database should be moved to the Windows 2008 server, and then the upgrade process run there with the GP 10 utilities. To move the database do I create a new empty database in GP 10 utilities, and then restore a GP 8 backup onto the newly created version 10 database? Thanks Ginny Hi Ginny, You should definitly start your journey at the Customer Source web site... http://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource there is all the documentation that you'll need to do the upgrade. Here are some additionnal hints : http://www.jivtesh.com/2007/...

Outlook Clients on 2 PCs trying to use same username
Hi, I have 2 PCs which need to login with the same username and run up Outlook. That in itself is no problem, but I find that I cannot install CRM Outlook Client on the second PC, is this a known limitation of CRM Outlook Client? Is there a workround or fix? -- Pete On Dec 6, 8:45 am, Pete Wiggins <PeteWigg...@NoChance.Com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 PCs which need to login with the same username and run up Outlook. > That in itself is no problem, but I find that I cannot install CRM Outlook > Client on the second PC, is this a known limitation of CRM Outlook Client? ...

Athlon64/Opteron and CRM 1.2?
Will MS CRM 1.2 run correctly on a system with an AMD Athlon64 or Opteron CPU? The base OS will be Windows Server 2003. I'm not sure the std. 32-bit Win Svr 2k3 will run on the CPU either, but I figured that's a question for a different group. Thanks, Steve -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ I have not heard of any problem with running CRM on an Opteron CPU. Server 2003 Standard does run fine on the Opteron CPU and is very fast i have a dual Opteron Config here and its great. "Steve Jacobs" <sjacobs@issgroup.net> wr...

dsum with 2 criteria
Whats wrong with this code YearCabinsTurnover = DSum("[SumOfSubTotal]", "Query8", "[Year]=" & NowYear And "[OrderType]= '2'") Thanks SImon On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:45:37 -0800 (PST), Simon wrote: > Whats wrong with this code > > YearCabinsTurnover = DSum("[SumOfSubTotal]", "Query8", "[Year]=" & > NowYear And "[OrderType]= '2'") > > Thanks > > SImon What is NowYear? A Control name on a form? I'll assume it will have a Number value, i.e....

2 Mailbox, same routing group and SMTP
I configured my anti-virus to filter certain e-mail based on "SMTP inbound". Then I notice that when I send messages from ServerA to ServerB, the rule is not triggered. When I send same message from an external e-mail, the rule is triggered OK. I thought that Exchange mailbox servers in the same routing group talk and flow e-mail via SMTP. Is that not true then ? ...

disclaimer question #2
Does anyone one know how to add a disclaimer to all emails outbound?? We have Ad 2003 with 2003 exchange Like any registry settings and GP push out anything beside 3rd party utilities "Kidem" <jmartina42@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eXfEX0s7GHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone one know how to add a disclaimer to all emails outbound?? We > have Ad 2003 with 2003 exchange > > Like any registry settings and GP push out anything beside 3rd party > utilities There is only one way to do it without a 3rd-party addon, but it doesn't work for mes...

personal.xls #2
When changing computers or updating operating systems from (98 to 2000 or from a laptop to a pc), how can I get my macros in excel that do my formating, etc. from the one computer to another >how can I get my macros in excel that do my formating, etc. from the one >computer to another Are you sure that you have the macro's in the personal.xls file or are you using a Add-in with your code? When you do alt-F11 and then Ctrl-R Do you see the personal.xls on the in the Project window -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Sharon Starlin...

Communicating with a Vista computer from XP
We have Windows XP and Windows Messenger 4.7.3001, and have recently tried to talk and video with a computer with Windows Vista. Both of us have the same HP Deluxe Webcam. When we try to start a new voice or video conversation, it says they must have their settings incorrect, or something similar. When I check the Help file with our 4.7 Messenger under [Calling Contacts/Call a computer using voice and video], one of the final sentences says "If the person you are calling doesn't have Windows XP (which they don't-Vista), they won't be able to accept the invitat...

oma needs asp net version 1 but iis is running version 2
hi all sbs 2k3 with exchange outlook mobile acess ( oma ) is broken. i've drilled down to a probable cause which is the asp net version needed to run oma, being 1. something but the thing is, iis is running asp net 2. i've read that to run both asp net 1 and 2, iis needs to run separate processes, one for each version. has anyone fixed this issue before ? how was it done ? thank you PEdro LEite from Portugal ------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Can't Fail We ADVERTISE for YOU Just Join! #2
The hottest biz online did a crazy move. They decided to do a FREE Ad CO-OP. That means once you join they will send your website targeted traffic. They are SPENDING THOUSANDS ON THIS CO-OP. All you need to do is plug in. Take a Free Tour Today at http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...

Outlook won't reopen #2
Outlook 2007 will not reopen when closed. I have to reboot to be able to open Outlook. The same happens each time Outlook is closed. Sometimes it will not close and requires to be closed through use of the task manager (Outlook is not responding). Outlook is taking between 30-45 seconds to load. All updates and service packs have been installed when notified. Outlook did not have this problem when it was first installed (about a year ago). I can&#8217;t pinpoint the exact time these occurrences started; they seem to have gradually worsened over time. This is the only applica...

Old Publisher on Windows XP ?
I have an old version of Publisher that came with a bundle with Windows 95 (yoiks). I want to get to some docs I created all them years ago. I now have XP Pro. Does anyone know whether I can successfully run this old version of Publisher on XP ? I have looked around the MS Support site and KB for some info but can't seem to find any. If all else fails I will install it and try, but thought if someone knew that it can't be done, then I wouldn't waste my time. Cheers Mal Oz I think there will be someone else who will point out that Publisher was never a part of Windows. I...

Background color #2
Is there any way to change the background color of the pages I'm working on in Publ 2003 - not for printing, but just for the background while I'm working on the pages? The glare of the white screen bothers my eyes. I have everything changed through properties for windows, desktop, etc., etc. But, I can't figure out if there is a way to change the color in applications - including Publisher, Word, Excel. Any suggestions? Donna in Idaho. This is done thru your main Windows properties dialog box. Right click on a blank area of your desktop. Select Properties. Select App...

text function question #2
I have the following formula in a cell: ="Inc. checks to be cut on "& TEXT(C6+3,"[$-409]dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy") The cell output is: Inc. checks to be cut on Monday, April 17, 2006 Is there a way to format the cell so that the text that is returned by the TEXT function (e.g., "Monday, April 17, 2006") is bolded and/or the font is a different color? Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Travis No, it's not possible to format part of a formula -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Travis" <travisrbird@gmail.c...