How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)

In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
to Internet in that group.
Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives &
Internet Access & other things.

Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
registry editing or any way to control that things
Thank you.
0
Booli

On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> to Internet in that group.
> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> Internet Access&  other things.
>
> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> registry editing or any way to control that things
> Thank you.

On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
they will be able to undo anything that you do.

John
0
John
7/17/2010 1:20:26 PM
On Jul 17, 7:20=A0pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>
> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> > to Internet in that group.
> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> > Internet Access& =A0other things.
>
> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> > registry editing or any way to control that things
> > Thank you.
>
> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remote
> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one on
> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> John

Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
anyone knows abt this matter.
Regards
Booli
0
Booli
7/17/2010 1:27:25 PM

"Booli" <lasithakamalpriya@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>>
>> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
>> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
>> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
>> > to Internet in that group.
>> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
>> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
>> > Internet Access&  other things.
>>
>> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
>> > registry editing or any way to control that things
>> > Thank you.
>>
>> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
>> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
>> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
>> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
>> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
>> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
>> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> anyone knows abt this matter.
> Regards
> Booli

There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
operation of the other machines.

0
Pegasus
7/17/2010 1:37:36 PM
On Jul 17, 7:37=A0pm, "Pegasus [MVP]" <n...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Booli" <lasithakamalpr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> >> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remot=
> >> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> >> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> >> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one=
 on
> >> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> >> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> >> John
>
> > Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> > anyone knows abt this matter.
> > Regards
> > Booli
>
> There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You current=
ly
> operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no centra=
> administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
> Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
> control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
> operation of the other machines.

Thanks both u John & Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me. I
got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
* First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
* Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices & Access of Internet
each computer.
* So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB storage
can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to block Internet
access specific computer
Please help me. hope ur kind reply.
0
Booli
7/17/2010 1:56:29 PM
Booli wrote:
> Thanks both u John & Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me.
> I got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
> * First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
> password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
> * Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices & Access of
> Internet each computer.
> * So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB
> storage can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to
> block Internet access specific computer
> Please help me. hope ur kind reply.

Let's try to clear this up.

You have 6 computers in a "workgroup" right now.  A workgroup is nothing
more than 6 computers that all decided they would share the same 'family
name' --> but it's nothing official.  It helps them recognize one another in
some ways - but the relationship is not a strong one - they are merely
'familar' with one another.

Each computer is still fully its own stand-alone system with its own set of
users, own set of policies and rules.  In the end, it could care less how
the other computers in the workgroup are setup and is generally unaffected
by their setup.

What this means is (without involving a server and/or joining the systems to
a domain) you have no central control of those five computers - other than
what you *manually* setup.  You can go to each computer and create an
account that has administrative rights - naming it the same and giving it
the same password on all the computers.  You can change all other users (or
only create other users as) to limited accounts.

As for your Internet blocking - with your setup you will have to do it at
the Internet level itself.  You will need to control the "router" that they
connect to that also connects to the Internet and then - only if that router
is one with such features - can you prevent them from going out to the
Internet but still allow them to use the local area network to communicate
within the 'room'.

Time for you to learn to search for answers...  If you cannot do this - then
the duties you seem to be taking on are not meant for you - find another
career.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example - your USB query:
http://www.google.com/search?q=control+USB+access+Windows+XP

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
7/17/2010 2:09:17 PM
On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:
> On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP<audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca>  wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>>
>>> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
>>> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
>>> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
>>> to Internet in that group.
>>> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
>>> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
>>> Internet Access&    other things.
>>
>>> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
>>> registry editing or any way to control that things
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
>> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
>> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
>> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
>> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
>> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
>> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try&  hope more answers if
> anyone knows abt this matter.

As Pegasus has mentioned your best option would be to have a server
where all of these things can be centrally administered.  If adding a
server is not an option then the only thing that I can add or suggest is
that you enable the Remote Registry service on all the machines and that
you make sure that administrative shares are enabled on the operating
system drive on all the machines.  Then from one of the desktops in the
workgroup you will be able to access these machines and do some changes,
but anytime you want to make a change you will still need to do the
changes to every individual machine or you will have to devise scripts
or batch files that make use of ComputerNames or IP addresses to make
changes to all the machines.

If you want to use Group Policies you can configure one machine with the
policies that you want and then you can export/import the policy to the
other machines, there again if you later decide to change your GPOs you
will still have to apply the changes to each machine individually.  You
can also setup logon or machine scripts on each machine then from your
desktop you can create or modify the scripts and then via the
administrative shares you can change or replace the scripts on each
machine.  Or you can place scripts or batch files in the common startup
locations, like the Startup folder for example.

Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do what you want on a peer
network, you have to be creative and resourceful to try to centrally
manage a peer network.  You will have to learn how to use scripts and
batch file and you will have to craft these so that they suit your
needs.  I would suggest that you look into and familiarize yourself with
the Sysinternals PsTools suite of tools, in many situations these will
be quite useful.  And I repeat again, while logged on at any machine any
user with administrative privileges will be able to undo any of your
changes on any or all of the machines in the workgroup!

John
0
John
7/17/2010 2:22:15 PM
On 7/17/2010 10:56 AM, Booli wrote:
> On Jul 17, 7:37 pm, "Pegasus [MVP]"<n...@microsoft.com>  wrote:
>> "Booli"<lasithakamalpr...@gmail.com>  wrote in message

>>> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try&  hope more answers if
>>> anyone knows abt this matter.
>>> Regards
>>> Booli
>>
>> There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
>> operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
>> administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
>> Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
>> control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
>> operation of the other machines.
>
> Thanks both u John&  Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me. I
> got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
> * First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
> password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
> * Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices&  Access of Internet
> each computer.
> * So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB storage
> can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to block Internet
> access specific computer
> Please help me. hope ur kind reply.

Look at the IntelliAdmin USB Disabler tool available here:
http://www.intelliadmin.com/index.php/usb-disabler-pro-manual/  You will
find other useful network administration tools on their site.

or do your research and push the registry settings to all the machines.

To block internet access install a half decent business class router on
your network and you will be able to block access by IP or MAC address
at the router.

John
0
John
7/17/2010 2:35:15 PM
On Jul 17, 8:22=A0pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:

> >> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> >> these kind of changes to each individual machine. =A0You can use remot=
> >> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> >> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> >> reasonably efficient manner. =A0You also need to make sure that no one=
 on
> >> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> >> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> >> John
>
> > Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try& =A0hope more answers if
> > anyone knows abt this matter.
>
> As Pegasus has mentioned your best option would be to have a server
> where all of these things can be centrally administered. =A0If adding a
> server is not an option then the only thing that I can add or suggest is
> that you enable the Remote Registry service on all the machines and that
> you make sure that administrative shares are enabled on the operating
> system drive on all the machines. =A0Then from one of the desktops in the
> workgroup you will be able to access these machines and do some changes,
> but anytime you want to make a change you will still need to do the
> changes to every individual machine or you will have to devise scripts
> or batch files that make use of ComputerNames or IP addresses to make
> changes to all the machines.
>
> If you want to use Group Policies you can configure one machine with the
> policies that you want and then you can export/import the policy to the
> other machines, there again if you later decide to change your GPOs you
> will still have to apply the changes to each machine individually. =A0You
> can also setup logon or machine scripts on each machine then from your
> desktop you can create or modify the scripts and then via the
> administrative shares you can change or replace the scripts on each
> machine. =A0Or you can place scripts or batch files in the common startup
> locations, like the Startup folder for example.
>
> Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do what you want on a peer
> network, you have to be creative and resourceful to try to centrally
> manage a peer network. =A0You will have to learn how to use scripts and
> batch file and you will have to craft these so that they suit your
> needs. =A0I would suggest that you look into and familiarize yourself wit=
> the Sysinternals PsTools suite of tools, in many situations these will
> be quite useful. =A0And I repeat again, while logged on at any machine an=
> user with administrative privileges will be able to undo any of your
> changes on any or all of the machines in the workgroup!
>
> John

Mr.john Shehan & Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
keep one password for all other pcs & block USB with that software &
change TCP/IP & Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.
Thanks
Booli
0
Booli
7/17/2010 3:35:46 PM
On 7/17/2010 12:35 PM, Booli wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> John
>
> Mr.john Shehan&  Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
> by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
> systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
> computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
> privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
> a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
> become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
> keep one password for all other pcs&  block USB with that software&
> change TCP/IP&  Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
> any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
> all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
> sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.

You're not disturbing us at all, you're welcome and come again if you
need more help!

John
0
John
7/17/2010 4:13:38 PM

> On Jul 17, 8:22 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 10:27 AM, Booli wrote:
<snip>
> Mr.john Shehan & Peasus I appreciate your great help. I can block USB
> by the software that u suggested. I'm person liable person for the Pc
> systems in my office. Other users in my office are very new to the
> computers.  So I discuss with the boss to take all the admin
> privileges belongs to me on our system. It is a better idea to install
> a sever system but It's much expensive method for us. I decided to
> become admin of all that pcs by giving others to limited account. I
> keep one password for all other pcs & block USB with that software &
> change TCP/IP & Gateway Address, Automatically to such as 1.1.1.1 then
> any one can not access to Internet because the a limited. I do this
> all for protect our PC Accounting software database from viruses. I'm
> sorry if I disturb you. again I grateful to you for your kind help.
> Thanks
> Booli

Clearing the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses will indeed prevent
your users from accessing the Internet. Just make sure that the user's can't
change it back again. Alternatively, to confuse them, you could enter
incorrect addresses.

0
Pegasus
7/17/2010 6:41:39 PM
Booli <lasithakamalpriya@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> to Internet in that group.
> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives &
> Internet Access & other things.
>
> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> registry editing or any way to control that things
> Thank you.

I'd say get a copy of windows server or something and install it on one
of your machines or get a dedicated machine to run said server. But
that's just me.

--
Jason
0

Creating a Sibling Window (to the View Window) with AppWizard
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows XP. Using AppWizard I have a window for the view class and would like to create a sibling window (that moves around in the same client area of the main window) from that class. I try the following void CMyWinView::OnSiblingCreate() { CWnd* pMain=AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd; CRMAWinDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); char csTitleBarText[128]; DWORD dwStyle=GetStyle(); DWORD dwExStyle=GetExStyle(); RECT rClientRect={0, 0, dwColumns, dwRows}; CSiblingWin* pWnd = new CSiblingWin; CString clsname = AfxRegisterWndClass(0); HWND hNewWindow; CWnd* cwNewWindow; ...

Windows mail signature
I've made a windows mail signatue in vista with a logo. How do I get the logo to stay when I use my signature? The text comes of perfectly although the outline box of the logo is there but no pic! Thanks Maybe posting this to the experts over at the Windows Mail newsgroup will get you a proper answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "bew_...

outlook 2003 encryption #2
I am learning about digital certification to use with outlook 2003. I obtained a digital certificate and I am able to send emails with my certificate. I can also encrypt messages to myself. I have colleagues who also have digital certificates. I have installed these digital certificates and are able to view them in the contacts list. However I am unable to send encrypted message to them, because I get the following error: Microsoft Office has problems encrypting this message, becaues the following recepients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting or unsupported encryption capab...

In a split window I am unable to select the Loan account
When entering in the registry I can select the Categor Loan special and the loan account as the subcategory. However when I am in a Split entry window, clicking on the down arrow for Category I am not able to select the Loan special and subcategory account name. Does anyone know why this difference exists? Since Loan Payments are a form of Split and you can't split a split, you can't enter a Loan Payment in a Split. "Juliamc" <Juliamc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF30B8A1-2C94-4EE7-BC23-71C1DA86C34A@microsoft.com... > When entering in the...

Windows mail asks for certificate confirmation
Hi, Windows mail on Vista box, connecting to remote SBS 2008 server with Exchange 2007. Using POP3 to connect and using the secure port 995. Every time user opens Windows Mail and does send/receive get this message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate That could not be verified A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Do you want to continue using this server? yes/no" If you click "Yes" all is OK and mail messages are downloaded. However if you exit Window...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

CRM 1.2 and (GP) Great Plains Integration
Can anyone please point or explain to me what and how the Integration between these two works? What are the Entities that can be PUSHED from CRM 1.2 going to GP? What are the Entities that can be PUSHED from GP going to CRM 1.2? Please do explain the behaviors and limitation... Also please point me to where I can find documentations. Thanks a lot! :) Integration is weak right now. Things that should transfer don't. And some things transfer to the "wrong" place. Wait to see how the new version works out. The mappings are outlined in the CRM Integration Implementation ...

Win 7 x64 XP mode problem
XP mode is installed in system together with Virtual PC update. When trying to run XP mode or virtual machine I'm receiving this message: "It is unable to run Windows Virtual PC program in this same time when other program to virtualization is working. Close other program for virtualization and try once again" (sorry for bad translating) First of all I do not have other program to virtualization . Hardware passed test for virtualization and my MB have newest BIOS, restart do not working.. This is my configuration: ------------------------------------------------...

Undeliverable: system administrator spoof???
Recently 2 users have been getting messages that appear to be from our own exchange server indicating that a message they supposedly sent to themselves failed because the user does not exist. Obviously the users never sent these messges. I am trying to make sense of this to at least have some sort of explaination of how/where these messages are coming from. We have symantec AV enterprise ed. on all computers connected to the domain. no viruses appear to be on the inside. I believe it is simply a spam email worm externally that is spoofing one of our email addresses. I am concerned becaus...

Default workbook #2
Hi. I want to modify the style of new workbooks. To this end, I have modified the "workbook.xltx" file under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART Now when I open Excel, the blank workbook correctly looks like my modifed default... however, my modified default is not used in the following scenarios: 1) I right click on my desktop and create a new Excel workbook. 2) Within Excel, I select "New" and "Blank workbook". Any idea if I can set the deafult workbook for these scenarios? Thanks, Jim jmfoxjr@cox.net Not using 2007 but in 2003..........

Windows Mail for Vista Version 6.0.6000.16386(Vista_rtm.061101-220
How can I move a large number of emails to a seperate folder and save them as txt files to open with WORD rather than one message at a time? You could try something like this program: Convert emails from MS Windows Mail to CHM, PDF, HTML, RTF, HLP, TXT Ansi, TXT Unicode, DOC | Email Chat News Converters: 'Convert emails from MS Windows Mail to CHM, PDF, HTML, RTF, HLP, TXT Ansi, TXT Unicode, DOC | Email Chat News Converters' (http://tinyurl.com/y8z385u) Mark Johnson;1645986 Wrote: > How can I move a large number of emails to a seperate folder and save > th...

all mail has become encrypted
Hi Folks, One of our clients had a problem yesterday sending and receiving emails through Exchange server on Win2000 server, it turned out that they had run out of space on their C Drive, after creating 8.4 GB of space by deleting log files they could email again. However today they have reported that every email they receive is coming through with the subject [ENCRYPTED MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]. This is something that Sophos is set to do when it comes across an encrypted email or an email with an encrypted attachment. After the problem with the full C drive every email is coming through with t...

XP style controls
I'm developing an application in MFC using VS 6. I've added support for XP visual styles by adding a manifest file to my project. All the XP style controls are working fine except for the scroll bars. For some reason, calling CScrollBar::EnableScrollBar no longer activates the scroll bar. Is there some other way this is done with XP styles? Any help would be greatly appreciated. David DeRam wrote: > I'm developing an application in MFC using VS 6. I've added support for XP > visual styles by adding a manifest file to my project. All the XP style > controls are wor...

Move Exchange Servers between Administrative Groups
Hello all Is it possible to move Exchange Servers between Administrative Groups without uninstalling the server? If yes how can I do that? Thank you for your time. On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:11:59 +0100, "Joe" <joeberd@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello all > > > >Is it possible to move Exchange Servers between Administrative Groups >without uninstalling the server? No. > >If yes how can I do that? > > > >Thank you for your time. > Move the mailboxes to another server, reinstall Exch into the new admin group. hello Andy recently I ...

Entering data in personal fields #2
Hello I used the field selector to create a new field in my Sent messages view. Now, how do I enter data into that field?? Regards e What type Of feed? Did you add one of Outlooks defeat fields or create a custom one? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EM...

How do I sync windows mail with my charter.net mail address?
I'm having difficulty doing this. Any suggestions? Windows Mail doesn't "sync" POP accounts. Please explain what the exact problem is. Trouble with sending or receiving? Please post a=20 copy of any error message you get. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "mhope3244" <mhope3244@charter.net> wrote in message = news:0DF79098-8E77-4E4A-84F3-64EFD6B5626B@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty doing this. Any suggestions? ...

Washington Mutual #2
Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that isn't the worst, since when it did update I would receive multiple postings, unmatched/matched items. Always took longer to fix than to go to the site and update manually. My credit card accounts have never been a problem. I've had the same problem and now I can't update account at all it like it lost the connection, but everything else works. "John Barnes" wrote: > Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that > isn't the worst, since when it did update ...

How Do I become a MVP?
What should I do to become an MVP Please advice. "MVP awark seeker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061701c3d25e$baa1a3a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What should I do to become an MVP > > Please advice. I would guess that you would need to come to Microsoft's attention by providing a very large amount of great answers on these newsgroups. seeker, the easiest way is to post 1,000's of responses in a VB newsgroup. :) rlf "MVP awark seeker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061701c3d25e$ba...

Fun one! Windows explorer search
Hello everyone. I've been experiencing this issue for some time now, and frustration has finally got this cat. We have XP, SP2. Many times, more often that not, when I use the search function embedded in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), when I search for files and folders, searching by a word in the filename, my search returns empty results, even when I know there are files with that name. When I demonstrated this error to people before, I would navigate to a directory, point out a word in an existing file in said directory and tell them that is the word I will use in t...

Dynamic Charts #2
I know how to make Dynamic charts but how do you adjust the data serie automatically when new series data is added. For Example. Old Data chris 2 chris 5 sue 4 sue 3 New Data chris 2 chris 5 chris 6 sue 4 sue 3 When new data is added to the bottom the chart adjusts but how do yo get the series to adjust to the "chris" series which is in the middle? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Using the technique based on the OFFSET function...

Turn off windows updates
Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. Thank you "Donna@Repco" <Donna@Repco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF4F981-39FC-428C-BCDA-586FCB8D1347@microsoft.com... > > Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. > He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. > > Thank you BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Has he tried to sell you a train yet? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fi...

Message Bodies becoming Attachments
This may be one of the strangest things I've ever seen, and I hope someone can help me. We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in a Win2000 AD environment. Our mailbox servers are now all Exchange 2003, but the routing servers are still on 5.5. When a user sends messages to certain external recipients, the message body somehow gets pulled into a .eml file which is then attached to the message and tries to go out, but our antivirus protection catches the .eml attachment and strips it from the message before sending the message out; the result, as you might e...

Outlook 2003 doesn't remember POP-password #2
Hi folks, as I read in many threads, Outlook 2003 in combination with WinXP seems not to remember POP-passwords although the corresponding check-box is activated. On a previous installation of WinXP with Outlook 2003 it worked fine, but since I newly installed Windows on the same machine it doesn't remember them anymore. I also tried the often suggested registry patch with changing the security options for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and deleting its sub-keys but even that didn't work. As I read many other people have had the sam...

Window defender not start
I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window defender is turned off I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not start. when I start the service I get: The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or program. Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup programs. How could I manage the startup programs. Thanks On Jul 24, 8:27=A0pm, &qu...

Windows Movie Maker
When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is received: "COULD NOT BE IMPORTED. AN INTERFACE HAS TOO MANY METHODS TO FIRE EVENTS FROM." Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? In news:BCA2D33D-FA50-48CB-B70E-CB09089FF6C4@microsoft.com, jacsin7 <jacsin7@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the > Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is > received: "COULD NOT BE IMPO...