How do I get XP to skip installing a driver?

I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge it.
It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option of
not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected the
option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I plug
in the phone.

How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?
0
Metspitzer

it is highly likely that
this is a not a problem
do to the operating
system.

what I would do is
to search for an updated
driver from sprint
or contact them with
the problem

most assuredly you
are not the only one
 with the problem so
sprint would have an
 appropriate solution.

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

"Metspitzer" <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge it.
> It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option of
> not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected the
> option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I plug
> in the phone.
>
> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?

0
Db
8/3/2010 9:52:45 PM
Metspitzer wrote:
> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge
> it. It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option
> of not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected
> the option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I
> plug in the phone.
>
> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?

Install one.

What phone is it?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
8/3/2010 10:28:52 PM
In news:jq0h56t8smgcltnnthpumrivv7sos5qf14@4ax.com,
Metspitzer <kilowatt@charter.net> typed:

> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge it.
> It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sprint+phnoe+usb+driver

0
Greg
8/3/2010 11:08:09 PM
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:28:52 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Metspitzer wrote:
>> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge
>> it. It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
>> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option
>> of not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected
>> the option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I
>> plug in the phone.
>>
>> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?
>
>Install one.
>
>What phone is it?

The phone is an M320
I searched Sprint's site for a driver.
0
Metspitzer
8/4/2010 1:25:16 AM
Metspitzer wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:28:52 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
> <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Metspitzer wrote:
>>> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge
>>> it. It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
>>> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option
>>> of not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected
>>> the option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I
>>> plug in the phone.
>>>
>>> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?
>> Install one.
>>
>> What phone is it?
>>
> The phone is an M320
> I searched Sprint's site for a driver.

There is a driver on the Samsung site. Click the "Software" tab.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=01010200&prd_mdl_cd=SPH-M320ZSASPR&prd_mdl_name=SPH-M320

This is the file I got. I had to run this in Wine, to be able
to get at the INF files.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/200803/20080305035413859_Samsung_USB_Driver_MCCI_4.34_WHQL_v3.4.exe

The INF files include:

sscdbus.inf
sscdsdm2.inf
sscdw2k.inf

The hardware that supports is

USB\VID_04E8&PID_6601
USB\VID_04E8&PID_6640

and those entries aren't in usb.ids so I can't "translate that
to English" :-)

Anyway, maybe that will get rid of the blemish in Device Manager.

Samsung also has a "PC Studio 7" software, but I'm less clear
on what phones that supports. That is about a 10x larger download.
There is a reference to that package here, and there seems to be
a separate USB driver installer package within PC Studio. I'd only
start reading this, if the above installer doesn't work.

http://forumuk.samsungmobile.com/PostsList.aspx?ForumPostID=160434

It is possible the phone came with a CD, and the CD would have
had the PC Studio (some version) on it.

    Paul
0
Paul
8/4/2010 3:42:32 AM
Metspitzer wrote:

> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge it.
> It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option of
> not asking for the drivers anymore.  Even though I have selected the
> option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I plug
> in the phone.
>
> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?

Does the USB device show up in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)?  If so,
does it have a yellow exclamation mark icon for it?  You can right-click
on the device and select Disable.
0
VanguardLH

installing a non-MS font into word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> into word. It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. any suggestions?? thanks! heatherc heatherc@officeformac.com wrote: > I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina > <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> > into word. > > It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. Install fonts in your ma...

Install GP 7.5 client on Win xp computer
I've had to setup a new workstation running XP Pro. When I try and install GP on the workstation, I go thru all the normal steps - where to install program files, help/tutorial files. But I do not get the window that asks "select the server data path". It just does not appear, after selecting the online documentation location the next window is the program folder choice. I'm installing with the SQL Server/MSDE database. Thanks for your help! I found out what the issue was. I had to go into the Data Sources (ODBC) and add my server under the System DNS tab. Once I did ...

Office 97 to Office XP
We are currently running Access 97 and are thinking of upgrading to Office XP. Does anyone know if there are any issues with converting all existing Access databases from 97 to XP? Is it just as simple as clicking a Convert Database button when the database is opened in XP? Hi Tracey, Sometimes it's just a matter of clicking the button, but things can get complicated. See the following for more info: Access 2.0 and Access 97 to Access 2000/2003 conversion issues/problems/bugs: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/conversionproblems.htm To Access 2002 or 3: http://support.microsoft.com/...

Windows only recognizes 2GB of RAM and there is 4GB installed
Hi. I've been having some issues with my laptop and RAM ever since I got it, and am really getting tired of being so limited by vista on only 2 gigs of RAM. I have been trying to search for a fix of my problem and haven't yet found a solution so I'm hoping someone might know what to do. Here's the issue. I have 4GB of RAM physically installed in the computer. I've checked bios, and it confirms the 4GB. When I view system information in windows, it too shows 4GB of RAM installed, but when I view the task manager, my system resource tab shows only 2GB of physica...

NOT INSTALLING
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel NOW I AM USING MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 INJ MY MAC.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE MAC 2008 UPDATE AND I HAD INSTALLED IT. IT GOES UPTO THE LICENSE AGREEMENT AFTER THAT IT SHOWS A RED EXCLAMATORY BAR ON THE MACINTOSH HRAD DISK AND IT DOES NOT CONTINUE INSTALLATION. WHAT CAN I DO? On 4/1/08 7:06 AM, in article ee96f5a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ARVINDHAN@officeformac.com" <ARVINDHAN@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > NOW I AM U...

A Crystal Beginner

Office 97 Re-Install
Have a legimate cd for office 97. It is an upgrade version but I don't have the underlying (older version) software that the installer program is looking for. Is there any way to "fake out" the installer program? Point it back to the upgrade disk when it says it can't find Excel. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Jim Coulter" <jimcmb@sc.rr.com> wrote in message Have a legimate cd for office 97. It is an upgrade version but I don't have the underlying (older version) software that the installer p...

Install driver files with the same name
Hello, We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third party. I am looking for a way to install the drivers. Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. Is there any way to install the drivers without changing their file sames? Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third >party. >I am looking for a way to install the drivers. >Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. > >Is there ...

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

XP version
Can someone please tell me if VISIO Standard addition is available for Windows XP? Thanks There is no XP specific version of Visio, the next version to be released will be Visio 2003. From various reports, Visio versions as old as Visio 3 have run under XP. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Anna" <anna.siatras@tradegate.org.au> wrote in message news:052401c34cdf$47cf6ce0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Ca...