have nntp installed, not obvious how to use

can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the nntp
bridge? Any link available?

0
pjp

pjp wrote:
> can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the
> nntp bridge? Any link available?

First two Google hits:

http://connect.microsoft.com/Microsoftforums/

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

0
Daave
6/30/2010 3:40:57 AM
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx

pjp wrote:
> can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the nntp
> bridge? Any link available?
0
PA
6/30/2010 6:55:14 AM
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#406

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx
> pjp wrote:
>> can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the nntp
>> bridge? Any link available?

0
PA
6/30/2010 4:22:08 PM
Did persevere and finally found the particulars, e.g. ip at 127.0.0.1 etc.
Doesn't seem well documented. Now wondering why so few "groups" and none
specifically for XP in manner used to from this news server.

"Daave" <daave@example.com> wrote in message
> pjp wrote:
>> can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the
>> nntp bridge? Any link available?
>
> First two Google hits:
>
> http://connect.microsoft.com/Microsoftforums/
>
> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

0
pjp

repost
Unfortunately my last post appeared to get linked to other postings. Could anyone help me with the following @ all? --- Start of Message --- So close.... Was trying to do this myself, thought the logic was there but obviously I'm missing something still. Basically want to have a chart automatically update to show additional rows (therefore months) depending on the current month. Table goes from B6:H18 (Row 6 Contains titles: Month,Raised,Closed,Progress,Planned, Projected) Rows 7:18 contain the appropriate data for each month, column B containing all months. Was hoping to have the c...

error encountered installing office pro plus 2010 Win 7 ultimate 3
Trying to install Office Pro Plus 2010 in Win 7 unltimate 32bit downloaded from technet as the installer was starting to run got this error "Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:windows\installer\546ca7b.ipi -2147287035) ???? -- Thanks for the help Since Pro Plus is a volume license you would need to seek support from your Home IT dept, or via the phone numbers given with your 'purchase' of Pro Plus "pauldemo" <pauldemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226448E2-498C-4D1B-A798-0D92E04D839A@microsoft.com... > Try...

CRM Connector for GP Install error
I have installed the CRM and Dynamics GP adapters and am trying to install the Integration Server adapter and receive: "setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter. Please make sure that you have installed MS GP Adapter before installing MS CRM Connector for MS GP" I have GP 9 running on W2K3 with SQL2005. CRM 3.0 Server on W2k3. Integration Server is also W2K3. I can connect to CRM from all 3 servers Thank you -- Ryan Hi Ryan, It's been couple months that I have used the microsoft GP and CRM connector, unless Microsoft change it to support SQL server...

Outlook Client Install issue
I created a new admin user on my machine to use this user to work with the CRM Outlook client. During the install I failed to start Outlook at least once before installing the CRM client. Now I cannot start Outlook. I get the following error message twice : "Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions;?" The syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect...." Thgn I get "Unable to open your default e-mail foders...". Anyway I can repair this? I also use this machine for my normal email so I don't want to completely wipe it out. Thanks! ...

Windows Installer
Everytime I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then another window labeled "InstantShareDevice" It asks for a CD. I can't get out of it, there is no way to close this window. I then have to go to task manager and close the program. How do I stop this annoyance.. any ideas? JackR wrote: > Everytime I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then > another window labeled "InstantShareDevice" It asks for a CD. I > can't get out of it, there is no way to close this window. I then > have to go to task manager and close the...

Install SP2 No more OWA?
Here is the scenario. New Exchange 2003 build w/ FE OWA server. Built backend server then the FE Tested owa http://FEserver/exchange entered username in password. My mailbox comes up but in the message pane appears to be stuck with a message "loading" (sigh) at this point I smack my forhead duh, I need to install SP2 on FEserver to access the mailboxes on BEserver So I merrily install SP2 on FEserver and reboot, anxious to bask in my glory I open IE and enter http://FEserver/exchange, I enter in my user name and pw, hit enter, the logon box comes back. Hmph, I say to myself m...

NNTP News feeds
I'm trying to setup some Exchange news feeds. I have a basic account with Giga News and I can connect to it using Outlook Express. When I try to add the same account to an Exchange NNTP news feed, it doesn't seem to work. Is there a special type of service that I need to connect the feed to or should it work with any type of news server, with or without authentication? Anyway, I tried several different types of servers that I know work with Outlook Express. None of them seem to work as an Exchange feed or download any of the groups I specify. I am not getting anything to appear i...

Look For Should Use the Current View
There are many times that the users are trying to use the Look For to search for items that are Inactive or Resolved. My biggest problem is with the Case, we get calls on Resolved Cases and the only solution is to scroll page-by-page of the Resolved Cases or to modify an Advanced Find...both are time consuming with a customer on the line. What would be ideal would be for the "Look For" to go against the current view. This would solve many problems my users are having on multiple entities. Or you could add an additional item "Filter" that performs similar to the &...

Install Problem 12-17-03
Team: I am having an install issue that I cannot get around... Win2003, Exchange 2003, SQL Server 2000 SP3 all setup fine. Active Directory is clean...all MDAC, XML setup. At the end of the initial install I get an error saying that that install failed abruptly. No other error codes...4 of th 5 services start. Security service does not start rendering the CRM install useless...ANY IDEAS? Thanks! Had the same problem when I tried to upgrade from 1.0 using the adventure_works_cycle license key. For some reason, the install left the old license key in the database which was preventing ...

Install Money 2004 while running firewall software
I want to upgrade to Money 2004 from the 2002 version. However, the Money 2004 software CD opened with a warning that my Norton Antivirus software may interfere with the installation and / or interfere with accessing information from the internet. What can be done to overcome this potential issue? I have Windows XP Home Edition. Thank you Phil Turn the anti virus off until the software installs. Bob "Phil" <thomphil63@msn.com> wrote in message news:1cb8c01c3887d$90e2fb70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to upgrade to Money 2004 from the 2002 version. > However, th...

Find Average using Sumproduct
Is there a way to find average based on multiple conditions. I've been using Sumproduct formula to Sum all the cells but not sure how to use it find average. =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$4:$AT$4=$C$113),--($B$5:$AT$5=$C$115),$B7:$AT7) Thanks for your help in advance... -- Karthi Try this array formula** : =AVERAGE(IF($B$4:$AT$4=$C$113,IF($B$5:$AT$5=$C$115,$B7:$AT7))) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the SHIFT key then hit ENTER. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Karth...

colocate GP version 9 install with older version install on same s
we need to put version 9 on same server as old version 7.5 so can test version 9 prior to moving over to 9 for production operations - is this ok? - can we co-locate both version on same server? You will need a separate instance of MS-SQL as well. Both the 7.5 and 9.0 versions of Dynamics create a Dynamics database. Each must have its own separate Dynamics db. Otherwise, it works fine. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "G...

Using Money on a pocket PC
I am trying to install Money for the pocket pc on my new IPAQ which has the new Pocket PC 2003 Prem as the operating system. After sync - the IPAQ reads "Error - This version of Money for the Pocket PC can only be installed on devices running Pocket PC 2002." I am currently using Money 2003. Can anyone help me? A known problem, which MS hasn't fixed yet. There's a workaround that some folks have used: Follow these instructions and you should be able to install Money for the PPC (2003 version): 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the install...

Installation Problems
Whenever I try to install Visio Professional 2003, everything is goin well until I receive error message 1402 indicating that I do not hav access to the registry key. I have tried everything imaginable t troubleshoot this problem to no avail. Help -- alici Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Probably need more information like where is it being installed (local/remote), what operating system are you attempting to use, do you have appropriate priveleges, etc. al "alicia" <alicia.27d5er@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:alicia.27d5er@NoSpamPleaze.com... > >...

deleting rows using X search and last row
I have a column H that has numbers in it. I want to find down the column for an X. When the X is found I need to select that row that X is in and select the last row with data and delete the selected rows. Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = 1 to lastrow If Cells(row_index, "A").Value= " X" then Rows(row_index & ":" & lastrow).delete exit for End If Ne...

How can I use my calendar and other features wo using Outlook emai
I have Windows7 OS. I upgraded to MSO 2007. I cannot access the calendar, etc. without setting up an email profile which my ISP will not allow using the email address. How can I use my calendar and other features without using Outlook email? I could use the calendar on previous versions without setting up an email account. Why can't you use Outlook w/o a mail profile? What happens when you try? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

NNTP
So Microsoft is going to close down this group. I have setup their NNTP program and downloaded the groups. This group does not show up. Can somebody tell me where I can go try and figure out exactly what the hell Microsoft is up to? -- <Bill> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska. It looks like you have to use two versions of NNTP to cover all the forums. The Answers version and the Forum version. Answers uses port 120 and Forums uses port 119. -- <Bill> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska. Bill Bradshaw wrote: > So Microsoft is going to cl...

Using Access 2007 runtime along with full install of Access 2K
Is it possible to successfully run Access 2007 runtime on a machine that has a full install of Access 2K? We seem to be having issues with the following registry key not updating when switching back to the older version of Access. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\msacc9.olb" Following running Access 2007 runtime the key changes to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Of...

Installer keeps running
I'm using Outlook 2000 on XP Home. I installed the add-in to convert my contacts to the new default form. That worked fine. Since then, whenever I open ANY office file (Word, Excel, Outlook), the Office 2000 Installer starts up. How do I get it to quit? <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Try this:How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems "Fishy" wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2000 on XP Home. I installed the add-in to convert > my contacts to the new default form. That worked fine. > > Since then, ...

Recently used file
I need to activate my recently used file. But, the option which is located in general tab is dimmed. So, I cannot choose and, thus activate it. Can anybody help. If you are using TweakUI or some other utility (or a registry change) that hides the recent documents in Windows then the recent documents in Excel will also be gone -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Azhari Nordin" <azharinor@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:054d01c4a516$1db80800$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to act...

Error 1402 Offcie 2003 Re-install
Hello and thanks in advance. Here's my situation. I uninstalled Office Pro 2003 with MS Cleanup programs. Then ran CCleaner to clean registry. Went back to reinstall Office 2003 and now getting and Error 1402. I looked at some post on what to do but none helped. All traces of Office have been deleted/removed. Please advise what next to do. Ken Hi, KenG, You don't mention specifically which "some post" you looked and and what you tried. How abou this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 If the support articles don't help, then you may ...

Trouble with installing updates
I tried to install the updates and got this message: Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET...

using / register outlook view control
Hi All, I am trying to use the View Control on a form in Access 2003 (pro) /2007 (Academic) and, when attempting to set properties, get the message "Operation Failed .. The OLE server may not be registered. To register - re-install it.". I managed to get it working (partially) in 2003 (by setting the folder at form load), but not in 2007. What can I do to fix this? thanks in advance ...

Can't install Office 2010 beta
I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not there. HOW to install it? :( Try posting to the Office 2010 beta forums here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E497BD-EDEE-48DD-A0F1-0BA7A5F5E375@microsoft.com... >I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tr...

Re-install money 2006
Hello! How can I download money 2006 without paying again? I had a new hard drive installed on my pc. I already paid the $39. Can anyone help. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Re-installing money 2006 <Re-installing money 2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! >How can I download money 2006 without paying again? I had a new hard drive >installed on my pc. I already paid the $39. Can anyone help. Thank you. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you bought Money, it will downloa...