hal.dll mising on system restore/recovery

If I try and boot up in recovery mode I get some message,
forget exact working but it says I think hal.dll is missing.
I think it may say window/system32/hal.dll is missing.
There is a hal.dll in the system32 directory on the main partition,
should there be one on the recovery partition?

Anyway whats the problem, the file is there apparently and the
system boots up into normal mode so wtf can't it boot into recovery?

0
Colin

"Colin Trunt" <colin@trunt.com> wrote in message
> If I try and boot up in recovery mode I get some message,
> forget exact working but it says I think hal.dll is missing.
> I think it may say window/system32/hal.dll is missing.
> There is a hal.dll in the system32 directory on the main partition,
> should there be one on the recovery partition?
>

> Anyway whats the problem, the file is there apparently and the
> system boots up into normal mode so wtf can't it boot into recovery?

This is my boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=15
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
[boot loader]
timeout=15
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"

=====================================

Also, in msconfig, on the boot.ini tab when I selct 'check all boot paths'
it says:-
"It appears that the following line in boot.ini does not refer to a valid
operating system."
[boot loader]
timeout=15
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"

0
Colin
4/7/2010 12:10:27 AM

> "Colin Trunt" <colin@trunt.com> wrote in message
>> If I try and boot up in recovery mode I get some message,
>> forget exact working but it says I think hal.dll is missing.
>> I think it may say window/system32/hal.dll is missing.
>> There is a hal.dll in the system32 directory on the main partition,
>> should there be one on the recovery partition?
>>

>> Anyway whats the problem, the file is there apparently and the
>> system boots up into normal mode so wtf can't it boot into recovery?
>>

> This is my boot.ini
>
> [boot loader]
> timeout=15
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
> Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
> [boot loader]
> timeout=15
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
> Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
> C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
> c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"
> C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
> c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"
>
> =====================================
>
> Also, in msconfig, on the boot.ini tab when I selct 'check all boot paths'
> it says:-
> "It appears that the following line in boot.ini does not refer to a valid
> operating system."
> [boot loader]
> timeout=15
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
> Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
> C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
> c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"

OK I just notice the boot.ini on the second partion (D:)

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
c:\wubildr.mbr="Ubuntu"

This has partition 1 mentioned? which is c:?
I'm confused!!

0
Colin
4/7/2010 1:35:16 AM
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

--
Peter

"Colin Trunt" <colin@trunt.com> wrote in message
> If I try and boot up in recovery mode I get some message,
> forget exact working but it says I think hal.dll is missing.
> I think it may say window/system32/hal.dll is missing.
> There is a hal.dll in the system32 directory on the main partition,
> should there be one on the recovery partition?
>

> Anyway whats the problem, the file is there apparently and the
> system boots up into normal mode so wtf can't it boot into recovery?

0
Peter

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is unregistering cluster virtual machine Server1 with DsProxy.
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1, with Exchange SP1. This is a single-server pointing to itself for DNS and running Active Directory. This system is NOT part of a cluster, so I am looking for a little insight into why the below message is appearing in my event viewer. The message is informational in nature (shows up as blue message in the event log, not a red error message or a yellow warning message). Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9243 Date: 11/13/2005 Time: 2:50:30 PM User: N/A Computer: Server1 Description: Microsof...

WAB DLL file
For some reason I can't get to my address book in outlook. comes up it can't find the WAB DLL file. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? What version of Outlook installed on what o/s Outlook hasnt used a wab.dll since outlook 2k(?) "Tony Miller" <tonyyamahamiller@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%2346VH1%23qJHA.4260@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > For some reason I can't get to my address book in outlook. > comes up it can't find the WAB DLL file. > ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? let me guess -- outlook 2000 on v...

Stuck in serial communication with Fire Alarm System
Hi all. I'm writing a program which is connected to Fire Alarm System via serial port. The Fire Alarm System will send me data like shown below. COMMON TRBL RST :: 22:18:50 16/06/2010 P:06 C:02 D:0137 Z6-4-9_BV_CLOSED 4S Corridor COMMON TRBL ACT :: 22:18:50 16/06/2010 P:06 C:02 D:0137 Z6-4-9_BV_CLOSED 4S Corridor My program needs to send "0" or "1" via DDE to another program based on the FAS message. Referring to the above message, "COMMON TRBL RST" is the message to reset an alarm, "COMMON TRBL ACT" is the message t...

Windows 7 checked HAL source file
I went through the following page about installing just checked build OS and HAL for Windows 7, as it stated for Vista and later http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835892.aspx I cant find HAL SourceFileName from "%SystemRoot%\Inf\setuppapi.dev.log" file as hal.dll is not available I had halacpi.dll and halmacpi.dll file available in WDK i386 debug directory, these file names are not present on the log file(!) I just went on and used halmacpi.dll file as the HAL source file (as my target system is multiprocessor) and updated the boot entry as well, as less e...

Access Violation in MSVCRDT.DLL
I have a suite of applications written in VC6 using STL and MFC. The issue is for the pass month I have been making changes to a common used DLL in the suite which caused me to recompile all the accessing applications. Now after recompiling I get ACCESS VIOLATION 0xc0000004 in MSVCRDT.DLL on exiting the application. I also noticed the it occurs when the DOCMANAGER is being deleting from memory. The other thing is when running in the debugger upon exiting the module SBHEAP.C line 238 is where the exception occurs. I think this is miss leading but I included it just in case. Any i...

RESTORE AND DISATER RECOVERY
Whats a good KB to read on how to do DR for exchange 2003? Thanks On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:00:01 -1000, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whats a good KB to read on how to do DR for exchange 2003? > Hard to beat this one: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A58F49C5-1190-4FBF-AEDE-007A8F366B0E&displaylang=en -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm He asked for a KB, not a whitepaper! -- Ed Crowley Celeb...

error: PROP RES Dll not loaded
What to do? Thanx Supply some information to work with? Sounds like a faulty add-in to me though. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "krisa" <krisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3071370-C032-49F1-94A0-1F72A973BFFC@microsoft.com... > What to do? Thanx krisa wrote: > What to do? Thanx...

\windows\system32\hal.dll or HAL.DLL
I notice ny hal.dll is in upper case, is this normal? "Colin Trunt" <colin@trunt.com> wrote in message news:eFPun.684404$5n1.467294@newsfe01.ams2... >I notice ny hal.dll is in upper case, is this normal? > Maybe he's excited ;-) Mine's all caps, too. -- SC Tom "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." Lt. Col. J.D. "Jeff" Cooper, USMC, Ret. "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message news:uRjyWve1KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > &g...

Exchange Backup to disk backup/restore issues?
Does anyone know of any issues with regards to utilising NAS based Backup-To-Disk folders for a single server based Exchange 2003 backups and restores ? We are planning to move our current tape auto-loader to another part of our company, and are planning on backing up our server based Exchange Server to a NAS device currently on the network. Thanx Susie I have done this in a disaster recovery situation. I needed a quick backup of the store, so I ran a disk-to-disk backup to a nas device and then rebuilt the server and restore the database from there, it worked great for me. My dail...

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

how to restore default settings in outlook
Hi there I stupidly imported an archive file (pst file) from my old computer into my new computer's outlook program. It's an old email I'm no longer using and I really didn't want to import all the settings/folders etc. Now its imported all the folders settings etc and everytime i open outlook i get an error message cos it cant connect to that email etc.. I just want to go back to how it was before - i.e. the program defaults before I did that.. but i cant seem to do it. I don't really want to uninstall all of office - is there anyway to get back to the original out...

How do you restore the Shapes window after closing it?
When you first open Visio, the Shapes selection window is on the left hand side. If you click on the X in the upper right hand side of that window to close it, how do you get it to reappear? Just open any stencil from Files \ Shapes \ xxx "bearden65" <bearden65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93BAE663-B49D-4333-8F17-1DFE8D4C9CF8@microsoft.com... > When you first open Visio, the Shapes selection window is on the left hand > side. If you click on the X in the upper right hand side of that window > to > close it, how do you get it to reappear? ...

ATL DLL project with MFC
I am using VC++ .NET 2002 I created a new ATL DLL project with MFC support using the wizard. When I build the project, I get the following error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib' I have not added any code, just using the default wizard generated files. Is this an installation problem? Do I need to add some libraries or paths first? I do have the mfc70* libs in the lib folder and it is in the path. This also happens when I create a regular DLL with dynamic MFC project. - Ajay ...

restoring Exchange 2k without transaction logs
Is it possible to restore an exchange mailbox store with only the priv1.edb, and no log files? From my understanding, this is possible using esutil /p (although some data may be lost). I'm having a difficult time mounting a private store that was restored from a ntbackup file. Am I screwed without the transaction log files? Anyone who's been here before and can shed some light on the topic I would be greatly indebted to. Thanks, Brian "Brian T" <pangean@optonline.net> wrote: >Is it possible to restore an exchange mailbox store with only the priv1.edb, >and no...

Another Hal.dll problem
This problem happened after a short power-outage while my computer was on so I'm guessing files were corrupted. First I used my original CD repair disk to copy two files that the error message resported as required. (i386\ntldr and i386\ntdetect) Then when I rebooted I got the missing or corrupted Hal.dll error. I've carefully tried everything in Article 314477 - "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" and have encountered several problems doing so. Using Method 2, when I entered <bootcfg /rebuild> it start...

Does my HAL need to change?
I have got a workstation that has a multi CPU board. It shipped with one quad-core processor and I want to add the second matching quad core at some point in the future. Does the HAL need to change? Is the HAL based on cores, or CPU slots? The reason I ask is because I don't want to rebuild this computer in the future. I would rather just use it for some other purpose where reformatting it would not be an issue in the future. "Jordan" <none@here.com> сообщил в новостях следующее: > I have got a workstation that has a multi CPU board. It shippe...

Forwarding mail to outside mail system
I just set up exchange 2003 on win2k3, and I need to have some users' mail forwarded to an outside mail system, I.E mail gets sent to user@mycompany.com, I need certain people's messages forwarded to hotmail or something like that. Is this possible, and if so where do I set it up. I thought of just using out of office assistant, but these users will forget to set it up when they leave the office, and this is so they can get their email on their smart phones, which are palm based. If anyone has any better suggestions for this please let me know. OH, mail server is behind my fi...

why is saving the auto recovery file postponed for normal
can anyone tell me why ' saving the auto recovery file postponed for normal '. and how to correct . thanks Hi, keku 1, What program are you talking about? Version? Operating system? I could guess some version of Word, but it's hard to help with very few details. Tips for Posting: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "keku 1" <keku 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F3B949A-CCBB-4939-BE3C-AC27434AED88@microsoft.com... > can anyone tell me why ' ...

HowTo? Add icon to TitleBar next to Min-Max-Restore-Close buttons?
Can an icon be added to an SDI's TitleBar? If so, how is this done, and how should its handler be implemented? My understanding is that the "What's This ?-Mark" icon is mutually exclusive with having the Min-Max-Restore-Close buttons in the TitleBar. We've got WinHelp context-sensitive-help (CSH) implemented for our app. We prefer WinHelp CSH over HtmlHelp CSH. Previously, we just had the "What's This ?-Mark" button on the right side of the TitleBar (along with the Close button), but that was confusing for end-users. We got support quetions about &qu...

Debugging exeption NTDLL.DLL
Hello guys, I get termination message "First-chance exeption in .exe (NTDLL.DLL)... Invalid Handle" while debugging an MFC project. Is somebody has any idea how to resolve this prolem? Thank you. Kogan, > I get termination message "First-chance exeption in .exe (NTDLL.DLL)... > Invalid Handle" while debugging an MFC project. > Is somebody has any idea how to resolve this prolem? Its not necessarily a problem, see: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=105675 -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Kogan Shmuel" <kogan-s@bezeqint.net> wrote in message new...

CRM System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out
I installed CRM and it works well but i have one problem that when i come to office every day or after 1 or 2 hours and when i check the CRM server it stoped and when try to start it http://crmweb then it hangup for long time and mostly i get error after shut down and restart server it works well or i refresh is many times. i dont know what is wrong with this? I note that in Crystal Configuration Manager---> WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto -Discovery Service is Stopping On the right click only Properties is active all other are not active And In services Crystal Configuration Manager---> ...

where can I download gpconn.dll and gpconnet.dll?
Hello Somebody know where can I download gpconn.dll and gpconnet.dll? If you have the link to download this files I'll apreciate it so much. Best regards. A.L. I believe you need to request these from GP support. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "see07" <see07@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2b31e7c7-8e16-487c-a20c-4a0db17fff7c@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > Somebody know where can I download gpconn.dll...

system rebooting
I have Windows xp with service pack. The problem is the system will reboot itself for no apparent reason. I've already did a system recovery to no avail. I also did complete system diagnostics and nothing seems to be wrong. I've done virus scans and defraged the hard drive. It still reboots itself. It's very annoying. Please help! Keith, this group is discussing Microsoft Access, the desktop database. You might get a better response if you post to a group dealing with hardware or o/s. There's actually several reasons why a machine might reboot, including bad hardware ...

restoring backups in Money2004 deluxe
I recently lost a hard drive and have religously backed up everytime I used Money2002 and Money2004 Deluxe. When I try to restore the backup to my new drive now that I have installed Money2004 Deluxe, it asks for a password which I never used in any version before and will not restore my backup. I tried making a new file and restoring the backup to it and get the request for a password. Is there a bug in the code that makes all back restores require a password???. Help. Tried this on another computer and got the same results. ...

Backup/Restore
I am using Windows 98 SE and will be installing on a new drive XP Pro. I need to move files from old drive (to become d:)to new drive (c:). Can I just restore from my backup to the new drive? I particularly need MSN Explorer and Outlook. If I cannot just restore without restoring Windows, what do I need to restore? Thank you. Jim wrote: > I am using Windows 98 SE and will be installing on a new > drive XP Pro. I need to move files from old drive (to > become d:)to new drive (c:). Can I just restore from my > backup to the new drive? I particularly need MSN Explorer > and ...