Free power point viewer problem

Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After many
trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically when I
click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click "OK"
on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in this
order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
file)".
It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not find
it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or what?

On 5/28/2010 8:11 AM, Magsmom wrote:
> Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After many
> trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically when I
> click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
> messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click "OK"
> on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in this
> order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
> file)".
> It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
> folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not find
> it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or what?

Save the PowerPoint file attachment to your hard disk, then open it.
Temporary files can sometimes be troublesome to find.

Bill
0
Billns
5/28/2010 3:52:48 PM
"Magsmom" <Magsmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After
> many
> trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically
> when I
> click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
> messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click
> "OK"
> on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in
> this
> order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
> file)".
> It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
> folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not
> find
> it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or
> what?

Are you using Outlook Express for mail? (You left that part out).

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using XP/SP2
or XP/SP3:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

0
Bruce

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Problem opening .exe files
Hi, I am unable to open any .exe files on my computer. If I try to open any .exe it brings me "Open With" window with the list of programs. But when I right click on exe file it gives me an option "start" which would launch me the application. How can I change the default double-click behaviour to launch the application? I am using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- hihi7209 Sorry for opening up a new thread. After searching thoroughly in the forum, I was able to fix my issue. Please delete my thread. ...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...

Outlook can no longer find Photoshop as viewer
Upgraded Photoshop and installed it to a different drive. Now outlook wont open photoshop to view JPG files. I get an error message that it cant find Photoshop. If I save the attachment and click on it it will open photoshop asnd the file. I have associated these files to photoshop. ...

Version 9.0 install problem
I'm receiving the following error when I install version 9.0: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist' When I try to log in as Administrator, I get a message that the database has not been setup properly, or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Chris, Is this an install of a new workstation to be attached to an existing GP database? If so, you will need to include Human Resources as part of the additional products during the intallation. If this is a totall...

Totally locked out of exchange and event viewer
Hi When I try to open Exchange System Manager I get the following error: Access is denied Facility:Win32 ID No: c0070005 Exchange System Manager. As a result I can't do anything on exchange. I also cannot access any logs, except the security log... Any ideas please? This is a permissions issue (cxxx0005). Make sure you have local administrator right. The fact that you can't access any logs (application and system event logs?) tells me you may not have local admin rights on the system. ...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Any way to make line chart show null data points?
The subject titles doesn't really explain this - I saw a similar subject to this on this forum yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a line chart, it doesn't matter how many series I have but I'm plotting lets say one series over 52 weeks of the year. If the data for the series stops before the end of the 52 weeks, I would like the line to stop. This works if I clear the contents of the cell (which I can do via macro but don't really want to, it's a big spreadsheet, lots of data to crunch to get to my final graph.) As others have said on the forum, if I ge...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Project Web Access Edit Details Problem
Hey Everyone, For a list of resources that we have imported from Active Directory, I am unable to edit the details for all of the records. The resources were imported, yet we then disabled the automated synch and isolated them as seperate entities. I am able to edit the resources under the \CompanyName directory, yet there are a few that had transferred here from corporate and are still listed under \CORP. The \CORP resources provide the following error when I try to save my changes: The resource could not be saved due to the following reasons: The NT account specified is ...

Using Acces To Paste Visio Drawing Into Power Point Issue
I am using VBA (with MS Access) to copy a Visio file and paste it into power point. When I do this using Access 2003, Power Point 2003, and Visio 2003 and power point slide has the ability to open the drawing as Visio by double clicking the drawing. Everything is sharp looking too. Now when I tried it using MS Access 2007, Power Point 2007, and Visio 2003, the power point slide has only an image of the drawing and it looks likes its out of focus too (not sharp looking). Any suggestions ??? Below is my VBA Code Thank You, G Set AppVisio = CreateObject("...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

LOOKUP problem
Could some one have a solution to my problem? This is the sample: I have MY_RANGE defined which is 3 rows and 3 columns. I DON'T WANT to name a header separately (that would be {desc,TOM,MARRY}). desc TOM MARRY AGE 10 20 CASH 50 100 In other worksheet I have "CASH" in one cell and "MARRY" in the other. I need a formula to find 100 as Marry's cash. Vlookup requires 3 as the column number. How to find that Marry is third in row? I expected Index(MY_RANGE,1) to return {desc, TOM, MARRY} but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance Tomek ...

Problems with CRM 3 Outlook client sync.
Hi, I have joined two computers to a Windows Server 2003 domain. After that i've installed CRM 3 Outlook Client on two laptops with Vista. The installation went smoothly. I have desktops on the network, where clients are working properly. On these two laptops when I start Outlook with CRM clients get this message: You can not start synchronization process on this computer. This process can only run on a single client computer user. Customer synchronization should be the computer, which usually is online (for example, desktop computer), or basic computer user. To change the client s...

system recovery problem
I am using Windows XP Service pack 3. I downloaded a song from a website that I am a member of and for the first time, it attached an add on that now gives me pop-up adds. I removed the add on from my control panel, but I am still getting these pop-up adds every time I connect to the internet. I tried to do a system restore for an hour or two earlier from when I downloaded the song, and system restore would not let me do a download. The message was that system restore could not restore computer to date I choose, and to try a different date....well I also downloaded Norton Sec...

Excel divides number by 10e6 unless followed by decimal point.
When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by 1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do to change this? "JohnO" <JohnO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07724E08-620E-4A0E-9FC6-A06C61B4BB24@microsoft.com... > When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by > 1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do to > change this? > > Format|Cells select number and number of decimals /Fredrik Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck that "fixed de...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Problems sending emails to onenote
I can't send emails to Onenote it comes up with a Onenote box which keeps trying to do something, but then - I eventually get an error message saying there is a problem and to disable the addin...but as I understand it I need the Onenote addin in outlook. What version of Outlook are you using? What version of OneNote are you using? Do you have the OneNote add-in running in Outlook? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Moving Decimal Point
I have a bunch of currency number data that was imported from a text file that has no decimal point. So, for example, 12.48 shows up in Excel as 1248. Of course changing the cell format in Excel now only adds a decimal point and zeros to the end of the number so it shows up as 1248.00. Is there a way to format the cell and move the decimal point to the left after the number has been entered? As a workaround I multiplied everything in the column by ..01, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it. Did you use this method: type 0.01 in an otherwise blank cell copy that ce...

Global command to remove all connectors; saving as a WORD document; Visio Viewer?
When one creates a flowchart that spans several pages, is there a way to globally remove all connectors? Is there a way to globally remove them at least for a page? Also, a developer here who I do Visio flowcharts for doesn't have Visio and wanted me to save a diagram as a Word Document. That was not a file/save as document format available in 2003.... Is there a way to do this??? Is there a Visio Viewer? Thanks , : ) There is a visio viewer on microsoft downloads. There is not a global command to remove connectors. Al <plucero@danya.com> wrote in message news:1167772469.4126...

problem with GDI+
Hello, I've got a problem with GDI+. I want to draw some shapes in a view class CPlotView which is a child of CScrollView. In OnDraw section I use this code: void CPlotView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CDocument* pDoc = GetDocument(); Gdiplus::Graphics g(pDC->m_hDC); Gdiplus::Pen pen(Gdiplus::Color(255, 0, 0, 255)); g.DrawLine(&pen,0,0,100,100); } But nothig appears in the window. If I use standard GDI, for example pDC->LineTo(10,10,100,100); everything works. Where do I do a mistake? Thank you in advance for help, Tomek The Gdiplus.dll must be copied to the system d...

CString and CRLF problem
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a little program that will take a text file and convert the whole thing to a single line. Here is what I am doing: CString string // fill the string with my text file string.Replace("\r\n","\n"); // to be safe in case it was Unix string.Replace("\n","\r\n"); // make them all Windows style string.Replace("\r\n",""); // get rid of the line breaks string.Replace("\t",""); // kill the tabs while I'm at it string+="\r\n"; // add a line break at the very end Well, I s...