Error number 0x80000003

Hello,
Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only  use safe mode to a limited
degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box
will say    MSASCui.exe application error
0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix  here short of
using the Restore disk
by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick

0
NICK

NICK MEALE wrote:
> Hello,
> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only  use safe mode to a limited
> degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box
> will say    MSASCui.exe application error
> 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix  here short of
> using the Restore disk
> by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick

Did you try any of the suggestions given to you in response to your post
5 days ago?
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/a6d70ae3e87bcff8/c43372b9d0449b45?hl=en&q=group:microsoft.public.Windowsxp.general+author:nick+author:meale#c43372b9d0449b45

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
2/26/2010 6:09:50 PM
I wrote again as I spoke to my ISP and they told me about the error number I
did try but I did not see the MSASCui.exe.manifest file..Was not
there...Thanks
"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
> NICK MEALE wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only  use safe mode to a
>> limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to
>> desktop a box will say    MSASCui.exe application error
>> 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix  here short
>> of using the Restore disk
>> by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick
>
> Did you try any of the suggestions given to you in response to your post 5
> days ago?
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/a6d70ae3e87bcff8/c43372b9d0449b45?hl=en&q=group:microsoft.public.Windowsxp.general+author:nick+author:meale#c43372b9d0449b45
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

0
NICK
2/26/2010 10:12:52 PM
On Feb 26, 5:12=A0pm, "NICK MEALE" <nmeal...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I wrote again as I spoke to my ISP and they told me about the error numbe=
r I
> did try but I did not see the MSASCui.exe.manifest file..Was not
> there...Thanks"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message

> > NICK MEALE wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only =A0use safe mode to a
> >> limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to
> >> desktop a box will say =A0 =A0MSASCui.exe application error
> >> 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix =A0here sh=
ort
> >> of using the Restore disk
> >> by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick
>
> > Did you try any of the suggestions given to you in response to your pos=
t 5
> > days ago?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/bro...
>
> > --
> > Lem
>
> > Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

MSASCui,exe is a Windows Defender program, but the issue could also be
malicious software.

The manifest file may not be there, but do you have Windows Defender
installed?  If yes, it may be broken or it has been attacked.

If you are using WD, uninstall it using Add/Remove programs, reboot,
immediately download MBAM and SAS as indicated below, when they run
clean reinstall Windows Defender from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

0
Jose
2/27/2010 12:04:02 AM
SAS...page says"will not open"...Thanks anyway...Nick
"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Feb 26, 5:12 pm, "NICK MEALE" <nmeal...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I wrote again as I spoke to my ISP and they told me about the error number
> did try but I did not see the MSASCui.exe.manifest file..Was not
> there...Thanks"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message

> > NICK MEALE wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a
> >> limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to
> >> desktop a box will say MSASCui.exe application error
> >> 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix here short
> >> of using the Restore disk
> >> by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick
>
> > Did you try any of the suggestions given to you in response to your post
> > 5
> > days ago?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/bro...
>
> > --
> > Lem
>
> > Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

MSASCui,exe is a Windows Defender program, but the issue could also be
malicious software.

The manifest file may not be there, but do you have Windows Defender
installed?  If yes, it may be broken or it has been attacked.

If you are using WD, uninstall it using Add/Remove programs, reboot,
immediately download MBAM and SAS as indicated below, when they run
clean reinstall Windows Defender from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

0
NICK
3/2/2010 3:41:20 AM
NICK MEALE wrote:
> Hello,
> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3.. I can only use Safe Mode to a lim=
ited=20
> degree.  The Internet will freeze in short order.  Getting to desktop, =
a box=20
> will say "MSASCui.exe application error
> 0x80000003.".  ISP told me I have spyware and malware.  Any fix here, s=
hort of=20
> using the Restore disk by wiping out the hard drive?  Thanks, Nick=20

Download this Avira Antivir Rescue System program which will burn a CD
image to a blank CD.  It's updated a few times per day.  Insert the CD
into the damaged machine and let it do a scan of your system.  Before
starting the scan, select "Configuration" and set to repair or rename
the infected files.  Sometimes your machine won't restart after such a
repair process, so you might want to save needed files to another system
before using this.  If you can't, then you can move the hard drive to
another machine to copy needed files.  You can do that before, or after
this scan.

http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

Then run these:

Malwarebytes=A9 Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

You can try some of the CD's mentioned at the following site.
BitDefender was my favorite, but if the infected machine can't connect
to the internet to get updates, Avira comes with current virus
definitions.  Also, some of these just won't run on some systems,
perhaps because there's no drivers available for some system devices,
motherboard, graphics card, etc.  So try a few of these till you find
one that works:

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list=
/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is available,
(though no .exe is available for BitDefender).

After the scan is run, if you elect to quarantine files, they're
quarantined to RAM and lost after you reboot.  You'll need to copy any
quarantined files to the hard drive, a thumb drive or elsewhere before
exiting.

--=20
Joe   =3Do)
0
Elmo
3/2/2010 3:30:03 PM
In news:%23Owx6obuKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
NICK MEALE <nmeale78@earthlink.net> typed:
> SAS...page says"will not open"...Thanks anyway...Nick
> "Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 26, 5:12 pm, "NICK MEALE" <nmeal...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I wrote again as I spoke to my ISP and they told me about the error
>> number I
>> did try but I did not see the MSASCui.exe.manifest file..Was not
>> there...Thanks"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message

>>> Did you try any of the suggestions given to you in response to your
>>> post 5
>>> days ago?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/bro...
>>
>>> --
>>> Lem
>>
>>> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
>>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html
>

> MSASCui,exe is a Windows Defender program, but the issue could also be
> malicious software.
>
> The manifest file may not be there, but do you have Windows Defender
> installed?  If yes, it may be broken or it has been attacked.
>
> If you are using WD, uninstall it using Add/Remove programs, reboot,
> immediately download MBAM and SAS as indicated below, when they run
> clean reinstall Windows Defender from here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
>
> Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
> detection programs:
>
> Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
> SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> They can be uninstalled later if desired.

The error message 0x80000003 means something failed to initialize properly.
If you'll do a search for the number on Google you'll get many pages of
hits; one of them is bound to help you out; just sift thru them & adjust
search terms as needed to minimize the number of hits.

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

0
Twayne
3/2/2010 9:10:42 PM
I used  website
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1 and MS took
over my computer and had be download result.cab..MS emailed me two messages
1.Thank you for contacting Microsoft. Your support request was successfully
submitted.A Microsoft support professional will contact you within the
response time specified for the support that you chose.
Print or save this page or note the confirmation number for your reference.
 2. Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool

Dear Customer,

To enable us to support you better, click the Web link later in this e-mail
or you can paste the Web link into the address bar of your Internet browser.
This link allows Microsoft to run a tool to collect information about
drivers, services, and other system-related information on your computer.

Please be aware that:

If you run one instance of the support diagnostics during incident
submission and you completed that task, you may ignore this e-mail.The Web
link expires seven days after you receive this email.
The Web link will only work correctly for the number of times that you
defined when you submitted the incident.
If you have to run the diagnostic more times, contact your support
professional.

http://support.microsoft.com/Dcode/Default.aspx?guid=5c18fa94-f100-4435-8355-42da8a28b65b&ln=en-us
When I went here MS said my time has expired and to contact my support
engineer and who is that supposed to be..The expired time they wrote about
is hardly believable As I was quick in everything I did to help them.Both
messages were a minute apart and I went there as soon as I closed the
support page.Hope I am not confusing you...Thanks,Nick
Thank you,
Microsoft Support

"Elmo" <elmogeek@xxx.invalid> wrote in message
NICK MEALE wrote:
> Hello,
> Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3.. I can only use Safe Mode to a
> limited
> degree.  The Internet will freeze in short order.  Getting to desktop, a
> box
> will say "MSASCui.exe application error
> 0x80000003.".  ISP told me I have spyware and malware.  Any fix here,
> short of
> using the Restore disk by wiping out the hard drive?  Thanks, Nick

Download this Avira Antivir Rescue System program which will burn a CD
image to a blank CD.  It's updated a few times per day.  Insert the CD
into the damaged machine and let it do a scan of your system.  Before
starting the scan, select "Configuration" and set to repair or rename
the infected files.  Sometimes your machine won't restart after such a
repair process, so you might want to save needed files to another system
before using this.  If you can't, then you can move the hard drive to
another machine to copy needed files.  You can do that before, or after
this scan.

http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

Then run these:

Malwarebytes� Corporation

[...]

Joe   =o)

0
NICK

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Columns are Numbered rather than lettered?
All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather than the traditional letters. What went wrong and how do I correct this? Hi, Pre xl 2007 versions: Select menu item Tools->Options->General tab and uncheck R1C1 reference style. If using xl2007 then click the microsoft button top left of screen, select Excel Options towards bottom right of dialog box then formulas and it is under Working with formulas. -- Regards, OssieMac "Firman" wrote: > All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather > than the tradit...

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table
Hi, I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table: I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver. I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal place. Ratio 0.000118019 0.0000012 0.0000014 0.0000028 0.000001488 But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero. How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table ? TIA Leon Works by me. No data loss. HTH -- AP "Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb9...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

How to: calculate number of pieces when seperated by a '/' symbol
Hi all, I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a '/' symbol. i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces i.e. 999999 equals one piece i.e. 999999/88/77 equals three pieces Thank you in advanced. Hi Here's one way: =LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"/",""))+1 -- Andy. "Mas" <mas13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1TWo1tVFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a > '/' symbol. > > i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces > ...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

error messages #3
I had the error message... > cannot SKU011.cab I soved this by following the instructions listed here. > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/Profile/?referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fvssetup%2fthread%2f5493e068-01d3-4e96-a9b1-58020bc94e69%2f&rh=YI7rGXc4iv4rR%2b2JUZeQQv4OEnxWySPD0w%2bJjbDQwzE%3d > Then I received the error message... > 1311 source not found C:\MSOCache\All > Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015204838309\PA561401.CAB > I do not have the install disks for Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My > computer was build by som...