equivalent of old office 2002 Shortcut Bar

Hello:

Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
standalone program that can do the same job?
I find it really convenient

Thanks
Maurice

0
Maurice

On Jan 29, 3:58=A0pm, "Maurice" <moris...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
> standalone program that can do the same job?
> I find it really convenient
>
> Thanks
> Maurice

Perhpas this will help you get started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830180

If you can describe more details about the convenience you miss/seek
there may be other ideas.
0
Jose
1/29/2010 9:17:47 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hello:
>
> Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
> standalone program that can do the same job?
> I find it really convenient
>
> Thanks
> Maurice

Since Office 2003 I use the Quick Launch Bar docked to the right hand
side of the desktop.

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/30/2010 12:05:02 AM
Hi Maurice,

This feature is built in to XP already.

Do this:
Create a new folder on the desktop. Call it something like Shortcuts.
Put all the shortcuts you wish to have on the toolbar into this folder.
When you have done this;
Drag the folder to the top of the screen and drop it there
Right click on the new toolbar and then set it up the way you want it
(Autohide, Always on top, view etc)
Drag and drop the icons along the toolbar, so that they are in the position
on the toolbar you want

If occasionally the toolbar won't open when you run the cursor to the top of
the screen, you need to go to the desktop and double click the folder with
the shortcuts in it.  This will get it going again.  Must be a bug in XP but
have never been able to fix this?????  Only happens occasionally.

Cheers,
Larry

"Maurice" <morisaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
> standalone program that can do the same job?
> I find it really convenient
>
> Thanks
> Maurice

0
Larry
1/30/2010 12:22:27 AM
On Jan 29, 7:22=A0pm, "Larry" <re...@group.com> wrote:
> Hi Maurice,
>
> This feature is built in to XP already.
>
> Do this:
> Create a new folder on the desktop. Call it something like Shortcuts.
> Put all the shortcuts you wish to have on the toolbar into this folder.
> When you have done this;
> Drag the folder to the top of the screen and drop it there
> Right click on the new toolbar and then set it up the way you want it
> (Autohide, Always on top, view etc)
> Drag and drop the icons along the toolbar, so that they are in the positi=
on
> on the toolbar you want
>
> If occasionally the toolbar won't open when you run the cursor to the top=
 of
> the screen, you need to go to the desktop and double click the folder wit=
> the shortcuts in it. =A0This will get it going again. =A0Must be a bug in=
 XP but
> have never been able to fix this????? =A0Only happens occasionally.
>
> Cheers,
> Larry
>
> "Maurice" <moris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello:
>
> > Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
> > standalone program that can do the same job?
> > I find it really convenient
>
> > Thanks
> > Maurice- Hide quoted text -

If you still have your old Office 2000 CD, you still have your
Shortcut Bar. Install your most recent Office software first, and then
install Office 2000 afterward--a custom installation of ONLY the
Shortcut Bar in the "Tools" folder of the install list.

I have used it with Office 2007 in Win XP for many years. (Absolutely
cannot operate without it!) AND now it is working smoothly, as it
always has, on Windows 7-64bit with the MS Office 2010 BETA version.
0
LaModiste
1/30/2010 4:47:05 AM
"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jan 29, 3:58 pm, "Maurice" <moris...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Since office 2003, no more Shortcut Bar comes with office, is there a
> standalone program that can do the same job?
> I find it really convenient
>
> Thanks
> Maurice

Perhpas this will help you get started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830180

If you can describe more details about the convenience you miss/seek
there may be other ideas.

What I find convenient is when move the mouse anywhere near the left side of
the screen (where I've put my shortcut toolbar, autohide mode) and not just
over a small area,  the toolbar appears without clicking on anything, and
just the icons appears. I really prefer that the Quick Launch Bar .

Maurice

0
Maurice

Extrange problem with Tool Bar Control
Hi all... The problem I had is that when I double-click the tool bar so that it becomes floating, the tool bar frame remains on the original place, but the tool bar gets actually floating. (I mean the "dialog" where the tool bar controls were, stays docked, and not goes floating with the controls). What may be hapenning? The toolbar worked before on this MDI application. I think that it is a repaint problem because when I open a new document while that docked frame is still where the tool bar was, the frame disappears. I hope the problem was clearly stated. Any help will...

Shortcut with turkish keyboard

I am unable to find and send emails from my microsoft office??why
I cannot find the send icon in my microsoft office. I have written emails but can't send them and I don't know where it could be...............I have loked every where... If anyone could help me with this problem that would be great.thanks...William. william wrote: > I cannot find the send icon in my microsoft office. I have written > emails but can't send them and I don't know where it could > be...............I have loked every where... > If anyone could help me with this problem that would be > great.thanks...William. Have you set up an email account? ...

Making charts equivalent
We track the average patient value on a number of different analytes. Is there a standard way to make the graphs appear equivalent? If I track hemoglobin with a mean of 14.0 with the minimum set at 10 and the max set at 18, and then I have a second graph for hematocrit that has a mean of 38, but the max is set at 41 and the min at 35, the latter is a steep graph, and the former is flat, even though the hemoglobin values are approximately 1.3 the hematocrit. But the setting of the axis values can potentially make data look misleading. I am looking for a rule so that data will appear consist...

Can see the status-bar msg AND tool-tip for tool-bar button, but only status-bar msg for a menu item.
Hi. When creating a status bar message and a tool-tip for a tool-bar button, you set the following string in the 'Prompt' text box : "This is the status bar for tool-bar\nThis is the tool-tip bar for tool-bar" (Note the use of the '\n' as the seperator). So, I assumed you can do the same for a menu item, right? WRONG! I only seemed to get the status bar message working. Is there a way around this? Is it supported, or is there some 'trick' I must do ? Cheers in advance... Brad. No, it is not supported. To get tooltips (if I get you correctly) when pointi...

Office 2003 and 2007 on same machine
Hi. I'm posting to a Word an an Excel group, because I suspect and hope the answer is the same but fear it might not be. At work yesterday I installed Office 2007 (except Outlook) on the same computer where I had office 2003. I'm still able to open and run Excel 2003 and Word 2003, but when I double-click on an .RTF or .DOC or .XLS file the 2007 program opens. I want to retain the 2003 file associations for all file types that Office 2003 can cope with. I thought I could do this with "Open With..." and selecting the 2003 programs through browsing, but unfortunately ...

AdminPak Equivalent
Guys (n Gals) I've upgraded to Win7 but can't seem to get adminPak for win2003 to work. Any ideas on how I can get this pack or an equivalent to management my system. Thanks Nik Hello Nik, You have to use RSAT for Windows 7 instead: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D2F6AD7-656B-4313-A005-4E344E43997D&displaylang=en Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.dem...

Copying contacts/appointments from old PC
How can I copy my appointments and contacts from outlook 2000 to my new pc (outlook 2003) using only a 3.5" flopy ? This link should give you the information you need: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bob C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How can I copy my appointments and contacts from outlook | 2000 to my new p...

How to reset Office products menu's back to original setup
I have a client that uses Excel. The menu has two of everything. Two new, two edit... How do I reset the menus back to the way they were wben we installed the program. Tools>Customize, select the menu and click the Reset button. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Riley Nobles" <nobels1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:490b01c4735b$00d47bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client that uses Excel. The menu has two of > everything. Two new, two edit... > &g...

Upgraded to Office 2003
I upgraded a Windows 2000 pro machine from Office XP to Office 2003. I did this so I could put this client on the exchange server and use basic authentication and put in a proxy server as well as use fast connection options that Outlook 2003 has for exchange connections. My problem is that those options under security tab are not there. I uninstalled Office 2003 after that and reinstalled a fresh copy making sure there were no lingering office folders in the program files before I reinstalled. I did not go through the registry to make sure there were no office references though. I assume ...

Wrong date on home page brings up 2 year old investments-can't cha
When I open Money 2007, my date showing on the left side is 2 years off-not exact. I have tried to advance it when I look at my investments page but it says I can't set a date in the future. Can this date be changed to refllect my current totals? I hate to reload everything. I reloaded a backup from a week ago but it didn't correct the problem. Please help, thanks. =?Utf-8?B?VGVk?= <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C08B8251-AC6C-42FE-8519-911864B52F27@microsoft.com: > When I open Money 2007, my date showing on the left side is 2 years > off-not exact. I ...

Installing Office 2007 but keeping Outlook 2003
I have Office 2003 installed which includes Outlook. Can I install Office Home and Student 2007 but keep the Outlook segment of Office 2003? -- Moonman Moonman wrote: > I have Office 2003 installed which includes Outlook. Can I install Office > Home and Student 2007 but keep the Outlook segment of Office 2003? Yes. Only 1 copy of Outlook can be installed in an instance of Windows; however, you don't need to include the Outlook in an Office suite and can keep a prior version that is already installed. Since the H&S edition doesn't contain Outlook, your pr...

office 2003 #2
I recently installed office 2003 on a network for a company. When trying to insert a picture into an excel file, and then printing, the picture will be distorted. Instead of one picture it becomes 4 small, stretched out pictures as if it smeared, but it didnt. It looks like it skipped 4 times. I've printed out different pictures from different computers from different printers and there is usually one or more distorted pictures. I wouldnt have emailed you in this type of categorie if i didnt think it had to do with the recent installation of office 2003, because these problems ...

Xshell equivalent
Hi, I am looking for an alternative to Xshell that would allow users to gain access to Unix/Linux hosts easily and securely on a Windows workstation. I searched the internet and got few utilities like mRemote, PuTTY, SecureCRT. I think, mRemote is not free. Which is the best equivalent for Xshell opensource (free) utility in Windows ? Lemme know if there are other free utilities that are equivalent to Xshell. Any ideas ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru On Jan 9, 9:29=A0pm, Daniel Menzel <efmen...@web.de> wrote: > karthikbalaguru schrieb:> On Jan 9, 7:03 pm, k...

Office 12.0.1 update still has "502" permissions errors!
Well, *some* of it is corrected. Anybody else see this? According to Mactopia, these folders have the "502" owner after the GM install: "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008" "/Library/Automator" "/Library/Fonts/Microsoft" "/Library/Application Support/Microsoft" After the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 update and then the 12.0.1 update... "/Library/Automator" is OK (all files owned by "root") /LIbrary/Fonts/Microsoft is *NOT* OK -- all files still owned by "502". "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008" is *pa...

Old time macrosheets?
It has been a long time since I used macros I prepared in Excel. Since then, Visual Basic seems to be the preferred route toward a macro. I have not kept up with this. If my memory serves me well, I remember being asked when I wanted a new sheet whether I wished to open a spreadsheet or a macrosheet. I cannot seem to find the equivalent in a newer although several year old version of Excel. The appearance of the macrosheet started out with wide columns compared to spreadsheet columns, I was thinking of doing a sham macro recording and then trying to edit the macro. With all the other ...

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

Spell Checking in Mac Office 2008
Hello! I am a Portuguese user of Mac Office 2004 and since the 2008 version is already on pre-sale here and can be ordered I want to know if Mac Office 2008 have spell checking for Portuguese language. Mac Office 2004 have a good Portuguese dictionary... but since I was still here in the time of Mac Office X and it couldn't spell check in Portuguese at all... I need to be sure if Portuguese spell checking is a feature of Mac Office 2008 before I decide to order it. Any information or reference will be appreciated, Thanks. Valente Silva I can't say for sure, but if 2004 has a [goo...

in Version 2002 ,something not like c++
in Version 2002 ,something not like c++,not support user's class adding,If I Add,must go to the code page to add! ...

Year-old graphs in Excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago. When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions? Denise - That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned. Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there? Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Denise wrote: &...

MS Windows XP/Excel 2002
I am looking into purchasing Excel 2002, however I am=20 unsure as to whether this is compatible with Windows XP=20 Home Edition. At Present my home computer runs Windows XP=20 Home Edition and Microsoft Works, however I would like to=20 install Excel. Does anyone know whether it is compatible?=20 I guess it is, although as it costs over =A3100.00 I am a=20 little hesitant. Many thanks, Scott Hi Scott, Excel 2002 is part of Office XP and is totally compatible with Windows XP. Bernard "scott" <wossgowinon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:075001c3550c$de7b31d0$a601280a@ph...

Task bar length shortens dramatically between 30 & 31 min duration
I have one task with a duration of 30 minutes. For some reason its task bar is very short (shorter than 30minutes if viewing the timescale). However, if I increase the task duration to 31 minutes then it correctly displays in the window. I"ve checked the tasks before and after it and have no unusual constraints as far as I can tell. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Thanks. Hello PatB123, Does the task show correct start and end times in the table? My observation with Project 2007 is that the 30 min bar is actually proportionately too long -- not too short. Does c...

COUNTIFS equivalent in Excel 2003
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to write the following formula in Excel 2003. I have tried SUMPRODUCT but it does not seem to work when both criteria have text values. I tried COUNTIF & COUNTIF but I think the wildcard * is throwing off the result. =COUNTIFS('Cycle 1'!$B$14:$B$1069, "Auto*", 'Cycle 1'!$J$14:$J$1069, "100%") Please help! Thank you! url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1042-1.aspx >COUNTIFS('Cycle 1'!$B$14:$B$1069, "Auto*", 'Cycle 1'!$J$14:$J$1069, "100%") Does the range J14:J10...

Money in laptop and office computer
I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via internet. Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?. In microsoft.public.money, lfalini@cantv.net <lfalini@cantv.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via >internet. >Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the >file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?. You can download and install the Mo...

The equivalent of double-click selecting?
This is a simple, most likely stupid question. What is the keyboard shortcut that does the same thing that double-clicking would otherwise do in a cell? In other words, if I select the cell, or navigate to it, how do I then select it for editing and text entry without using the mouse? Thanks in advance! -- Push Latency ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Push Latency's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504097 Hi Try F2. Andy. &quo...