DOS Console and Setting It Up for Text Completion, etc.

I'd like to set up the console, so the default properties allow me to
use text completion, 120 character with by 200 deep lines, allow text
completion and allow me to copy from the black window? What do I need to
do? Some part of this has to do with Quick Edit, which is probably to
turn it off.

Have you checked the "Layout" tab in Properties?

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"W. eWatson" <wolftracks@invalid.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to set up the console, so the default properties allow me to use
> text completion, 120 character with by 200 deep lines, allow text
> completion and allow me to copy from the black window? What do I need to
> do? Some part of this has to do with Quick Edit, which is probably to turn
> it off.

0
JS
11/30/2009 3:19:57 AM
JS wrote:
> Have you checked the "Layout" tab in Properties?

Yes, but I don't think it has anything to do with text expansion or copying.
"W. eWatson" <wolftracks@invalid.com> wrote in

> I'd like to set up the console, so the default properties allow me
> to use text completion, 120 character with by 200 deep lines,
> allow text completion and allow me to copy from the black window?
> What do I need to do? Some part of this has to do with Quick Edit,
> which is probably to turn it off.

Regarding Text Completion:

"How To Use Automatic Completion with a Command Prompt in Windows XP"
 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310530>

Regarding Coping from Command window:
1. Right-click in Command window, select "Mark".
2. Drag mouse over area to be copied then release
3. Press "Enter" key.  Your text is now copied.

HTH,
  John
0
John
11/30/2009 6:14:50 AM
John Wunderlich wrote:
> "W. eWatson" <wolftracks@invalid.com> wrote in
>
>> I'd like to set up the console, so the default properties allow me
>> to use text completion, 120 character with by 200 deep lines,
>> allow text completion and allow me to copy from the black window?
>> What do I need to do? Some part of this has to do with Quick Edit,
>> which is probably to turn it off.
>
> Regarding Text Completion:
>
> "How To Use Automatic Completion with a Command Prompt in Windows XP"
>  <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310530>
>
> Regarding Coping from Command window:
> 1. Right-click in Command window, select "Mark".
> 2. Drag mouse over area to be copied then release
> 3. Press "Enter" key.  Your text is now copied.
>
> HTH,
>   John
Thanks for the link. I couldn't find a way to get "Mark" from a menu.

Setting Outlook as default MAPI client with Notes Present
I have a client who uses Exchange with Outlook 2000 for external e-mail along with Lotus Notes 4.6 Notes is used for a number of databases and internal email The problem is that when they click on say a mail link on the web Notes is launched, and I would like to know who to change this so that Outlook is always launched What program is set as the default here: Control Panel > Internet applet > Programs tab > Mail "Stephen Kearon" <skearon@ole.ie> wrote in message news:091401c39e12$91faf990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who uses Exchange with Outlook 2...

How do I set background color?
I want the entire default background color to be grey. How can I d this? I don't want to select all the cells and change them grey. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try A) Select all sheet B) Format C) Cells D) Patterns E) Select color Then OK Hepta "kenji4861 >" <<kenji4861.14ny8k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kenji4861.14ny8k@excelforum-nospam.com... > I want the entire default background color to be grey. How can I do > this? I don't want to select all the cells and change them grey. > Thanks! > > >...

To Dos
Sorry if I have missed this is a previous post but will Wave 4 have the calendar To Do functionality added? It seems odd to me that it is not there already - or am I missing something? Thanks Colin No, it's not in the Wave 4 beta, and if I sense the developers correctly, it is unlikely to be added this go-around. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Colin Grant" wrote in message news:e6x#225GLHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Sorry if I have missed this is a previous post but will Wave 4 have the calendar To Do functionality added? It seems odd to me ...

Autogenerated AlphaNumeric Text
Hello. I have a database and form (for work orders) in which I'd like to create an auto-generated alphanumeric text box that will contain unique work order numbers - ideally (2007-S001) and will increment by one automatically when a new work order is entered into the form (ie: 2007-S002, 2007-S003). There is the slight possibility that more than one person will be creating a work order at the same time - so I thought perhaps making it a "Before Update" event would help duplications not to occur. I'm code challenged so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a...

Correcting or inserting text in Outlook email messages
When I try to correct text or insert something in the text of a Outlook email message the character in front of the insertion or correction deletes. I makes me crazy I have to deleate the entire portion of the message in front of any corrrection or insertion. HELP!!! version of outlook? are you using word as the editor? Have you pressed the Ins (or Insert) key to toggle the insert/type over features off and on? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.sl...

Dynamically Set Menu Item Text
Hi, Does anybody know if there is a way to dynamically set the menu item text in MFC? Thanks Marcus de Leon http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_dynamenu.asp Tom "madfisher" <madfisher@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124206363.586269.10270@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > > Does anybody know if there is a way to dynamically set the menu item > text in MFC? > > > Thanks > > > Marcus de Leon > Thanks... Is there an easier way to just change the text of an item in...

console to MFC
Hi, I have an application in console. I'm trying to convert it into an MFC application. If anyone could help... The console starts its execution with a function declare as below: int _tmain (int argc, char* argv[]) { /* * This is responsible for memory management of * GraphBuilder. */ AimlFacade aiml; /* * Get the GraphBuilder concrete class that * was created inside of AimlFacade. * DO NOT try to delete GraphBuilder. Let * AimlFacade handle that when it falls out * of scope. */ GraphBuilder &builder = aiml.getGraphBuilder(); cout<&...

setting chart text color
I am making a template in PowerPoint 2007. I would like for the chart text to be white since I have a dark background. I don't want to make a chart type template. I want the text in all my charts to be white. How can I set this? Is it one of the theme colors that I should change to white? Which one? under the design tab/ themes/ colors/ right click and then edit your selected color theme. you will need to change the 1st 'Text/Background - Dark 1'setting to white. note by doing this maychange your slide font colors (depending on how you set up) - so you will need to ch...

Dos command
I used the "dir" command in dos to list all the folders and file in that directory. However, I want to go into a folder called "A" in the directory just listed. What is the command for this at the prompt? Hi Richard cd A if the folder is directly off the folder you are currently located. -- Regards Roger Govier "Richard" <nomailplease.com> wrote in message news:4685edda$0$24776$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I used the "dir" command in dos to list all the folders and file in >that directory. However, I want to go into a folder c...

Exclusion: How to show when staff have not completed a training fo
I am trying to set up a staff training database that will help figure out what trainings they still need to take for their positions. Here are the mock tables and fields I have set up. Table 1: Position Name Required Training 1 Required Training 2 Required Training 3 Required Training 4 Table 2: Staff Name Staff Position Name Training Taken 1 Training Taken 2 Training Taken 3 Training Taken 4 Next, I want to set up a query that will show what Trainings they have not taken for Their Position. Basically when for when Staff Position Name = Position Name, show if Tr...

MSM 2006 Setting up accounts
When I try to set up my bank accounts, Money always brings up the MSN Billpay sign in screen. Is MSN Billpay required to get my bank balances? I'm using the trial version to make sure this all works before I buy it. If I have to download transactions manually I'll either have to keep waiting or switch banks. I know from past experience I won't keep it updated. thanks for the help, John Ok...it's been a week. Is there no answer, or do you not support the trial version? "JohnZ" wrote: > When I try to set up my bank accounts, Money always brings up the M...

Set-acl problems
I am running into trouble with set-acl. If I look at the folder security after it is applied I usually see a guid of the user I added rather than the user name. It has the proper rights but i am not sure what is causing this. Jacob Sampson wrote: > I am running into trouble with set-acl. If I look at the folder security > after it is applied I usually see a guid of the user I added rather than the > user name. It has the proper rights but i am not sure what is causing this. Does this happen when you add a local user to a local machine? You need to be clear on which u...

How to get the locale setting?
I want to get the locale setting user sets from Control Panel->Regional Options. Based on that I would setlocale() to show the date and time value appropriate for the region. Any idea help would be appreciated... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Dhirendra wrote: >> I want to get the locale setting user sets from Control >> Panel->Regional Options. Based on that I would setlocale () >> to show the date and time value appropriate for the region. > >How about GetLocaleInfo() ? > >GetLocaleInfo >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/in...

VideoEmail! No more text email!
No messy downloads! Free demo! http://store.vmdirect.com/cindyt In article <uV4Cb.87425$_M.457813@attbi_s54>, cindydt@insightbb.com says... |No messy downloads! Free demo! |http://store.vmdirect.com/cindyt | | | How naff. ...

Set Out of Office to recur every week
Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? TIA Not that I know of. C de Vries wrote: > Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every > (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? > > TIA ...

how to set /apply same column fileds for all folders w/o setting individually
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder File menue..> folder...>Copy design folde...> Howver under file menu I cannot see Copy Folder Design command. However I see copy folder command under file menu but if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design. Can you pls help as in outlook express when I used to change column arrangement all the folders used to automatically have the s...

Outllook 2002 How to move address book and settings
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C367FA.B6A5F400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have just purchased a new computer and want to know how to move = address book and all the other settings IE: Calendar appointments, = alerts etc to the new computer............ Thanks Sue ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C367FA.B6A5F400 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//E...

Setting budget view in Money 2002
I would like to change the budget view within MM 2002 to only use a certain number of prior months when preparing a budget. Can someone give me advice on accomplishing this. ...

Setting OverWrite Mode in RichEdit
I need a way to force a rich edit control into overwrite mode. My current solution is to set a flag at creation, the first time I get an OnSetFocus, I send a VK_INSERT keystroke sequence via SendInput, and then intercept subsequent VK_INSERT calls so it can't be taken out of insert mode (it represents in-place hex editing). Anyone have a better solution? thanks joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Hi Joe, You could monitor the incoming characters and force them to update the one ch...

moving text from word to publisher
I'm working on a large document. When I move paragraphs of text from word to publisher - by cutting and pasting, publisher makes changes and additions to the text. For instance, the word "are" is changed to "areis" ... "remaining" changes to "remainingremains." Some capitalized words like "Tree" may be changed to "tTree." Any ideas? Please help. -- Kim You probably have some problems in the original document. As a test you could Copy/Paste from Word into Notepad and see what it looks like. "Kim" <Kim@discus...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

Text Display Erros After Power Outage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange We had a power failure in the office and ever since then all my fonts in Entourage are garbled. New emails are readable until opened and then they default to the garbled fonts. Do I need to reinstall the software? ...

Re: DOS applications ?
How about creating a Win32 Console app in the current compiler? Is it not the same thing? Ajay Kalra No, a 'Win32 console app' only works (like it is named) in a Windows environment. Trying to run such application in MS-DOS gives an error saying 'This program cannot be run in DOS mode'. <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c8d1b8$kgs@odah37.prod.google.com... > How about creating a Win32 Console app in the current compiler? Is it > not the same thing? > > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com wrote: >How about creating a Win32 Console app in t...

Outlook 2003 missing text
I have a co-worker that is using Outlook 2003 in China. Our company is saving .msg files to an FTP site. The employee in China is copying the .msg file to his local machine and opening it using Outlook. When he opens the file he cannot see any of the text, only the attachment. When we open it with Outlook 2000, the text is there in its entirety. Looking through his settings, I did not find anything out of the ordinary that would cause this problem. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

[Emergency!] How to set system default language by code?
Hi, all, A new feature is required to add to my program today. But I do not have any idea about it. The feature should implement these two functions: 1, Select "Install files for East Asia languages" in control panel applet "Regional and Language Option" in "Language" tabpage, then apply; 2, According to user's selection, choose "Chinese (PRC)" or "Chinese (TaiWan)" or something else for "Non-unicode application language" in "Advanced" tabpage, then apply; This feature may require Windows setup CD and may ne...