DCOM Error 10009

I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
There is a failure event for each machine on the network.

The text of the message is:
DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any of
the configured protocols.

This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.

There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

0
Jack

 Does the machine logging the error(s) have more than a single Network
Adapter ( 1394..Wireless...) ?

 I would do a compare of the Services & Start modes on one of the other
PCs and check it against the one logging the error. I'd pay special
attention
to the Computer Browser service.

"Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>
> The text of the message is:
> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
> of
> the configured protocols.
>
> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>
> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

Thanks for your reply.
Only one network card (no wireless or 1394)

The machine that is logging the errors is setup as the Master Browser.
The other machines are set up not to be MB.

I think these settings were done many months ago but I will go back and
change them and see if there is any benefit.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Does the machine logging the error(s) have more than a single Network
> Adapter ( 1394..Wireless...) ?
>
> I would do a compare of the Services & Start modes on one of the other
> PCs and check it against the one logging the error. I'd pay special
> attention
> to the Computer Browser service.
>
> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
>> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
>> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>>
>> The text of the message is:
>> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
>> of
>> the configured protocols.
>>
>> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
>> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>>
>> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
>> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

0
Jack
2/15/2010 3:00:00 PM
I just set

IsDomainMaster back t the default value false
and
MaintainServerList back to default value auto

rebooted, but still have the problem

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Does the machine logging the error(s) have more than a single Network
> Adapter ( 1394..Wireless...) ?
>
> I would do a compare of the Services & Start modes on one of the other
> PCs and check it against the one logging the error. I'd pay special
> attention
> to the Computer Browser service.
>
> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
>> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
>> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>>
>> The text of the message is:
>> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
>> of
>> the configured protocols.
>>
>> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
>> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>>
>> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
>> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

0
Jack
2/15/2010 5:13:07 PM
 I would check the NIC and see what services and protocols are
bound to it.

>I just set
>
> IsDomainMaster back t the default value false
> and
> MaintainServerList back to default value auto
>
> rebooted, but still have the problem
>

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Does the machine logging the error(s) have more than a single Network
>> Adapter ( 1394..Wireless...) ?
>>
>> I would do a compare of the Services & Start modes on one of the other
>> PCs and check it against the one logging the error. I'd pay special
>> attention
>> to the Computer Browser service.
>>
>> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>>>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
>>> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
>>> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>>>
>>> The text of the message is:
>>> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
>>> of
>>> the configured protocols.
>>>
>>> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started
>>> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>>>
>>> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
>>> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

Just the regular stuff,
TCP/IP, File & Print sharing, Client for MS Network

> I would check the NIC and see what services and protocols are
> bound to it.
>
> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>>I just set
>>
>> IsDomainMaster back t the default value false
>> and
>> MaintainServerList back to default value auto
>>
>> rebooted, but still have the problem
>>

>> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> Does the machine logging the error(s) have more than a single Network
>>> Adapter ( 1394..Wireless...) ?
>>>
>>> I would do a compare of the Services & Start modes on one of the other
>>> PCs and check it against the one logging the error. I'd pay special
>>> attention
>>> to the Computer Browser service.
>>>
>>> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message

0
Jack
2/15/2010 5:43:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Do all these PCs have the same AV & other security
software ?  Also are there any other System/Application Event log warnings
and errors besides the one you listed earlier ?

> Just the regular stuff,
> TCP/IP, File & Print sharing, Client for MS Network
>
> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> I would check the NIC and see what services and protocols are
>> bound to it.
>>
>> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>>>I just set
>>>
>>> IsDomainMaster back t the default value false
>>> and
>>> MaintainServerList back to default value auto
>>>
>>> rebooted, but still have the problem
>>>

>>> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message

All event logs are clean.
All computers are using Avast and error happens even with AV and firewall
disabled.

> Thanks for the info. Do all these PCs have the same AV & other security
> software ?  Also are there any other System/Application Event log warnings
> and errors besides the one you listed earlier ?
>
> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>> Just the regular stuff,
>> TCP/IP, File & Print sharing, Client for MS Network
>>
>> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> I would check the NIC and see what services and protocols are
>>> bound to it.
>>>
>>> "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message

0
Jack
2/15/2010 10:51:39 PM
I have tracked the problem down to a particular program (Hard Drive
Inspector - a SMART monitoring program). I have contacted the author, but
have not heard back from him.

I am wondering if there are any DCOM diagnostic or logging options that
might help me track down the
problem on this machine  as the program is working fine on other computers.

"Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>
> The text of the message is:
> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
> of
> the configured protocols.
>
> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>
> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

0
Jack
2/19/2010 1:40:02 AM
Another interesting point:

I also have an image of the computer with the DCOM errors that is about 6
months old. I installed the offending program on it and the old image does
not log the errors. The image is too old to use for this (minor) problem,
but there
must be some minor change to the system that is causing this.

"Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message
>I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro
> SP3)  recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots.
> There is a failure event for each machine on the network.
>
> The text of the message is:
> DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any
> of
> the configured protocols.
>
> This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a
> few weeks ago. Nothing  has changed or been installed on the system.
>
> There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine.
> I have removed all mapped drives and printers.

0
Jack

Compile Error Messages
Help Please! Upon opening Excel XP I get an error message "Compile error in hidden Module: AutoExecNew". Upon clicking OK the message disappears and I can use Excel ok. Similarly on closing Excel I get "Compile error in hidden Module: DistMon". Again on clicking ok it disappears and Excel closes ok. I think these may have been caused by once having loaded the full Adobe Acrobat. I uninstalled that because I no longer use it and do not wish to reinstall. Any hints or tips to get rid of these irritating Compile error messages would be appreciated, thanks TC Check ou...

XmlSerializationReader errors out trying to create abstract class
I have a web method that accepts an abstract class. The abstract class includes an XmlIncludeAttribute that specifies derived classes. Wsdl gets generated fine that includes both schema for the abstract class and derived classes mention in XmlIncludeAttribute list. The trouble is when a call is made to the method such as: [WebMethod] public void Update(AbstractEntity entity) { } ..NET framework can't seem to deserialize the derived class that is being passed in. I've checked the incoming message and it seems to be fine. It include xsi:type attribute and all. In debugging, the...

DCOM error, the server did not register with dcom
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've got a machine here and in the event viewer it comes up with error = 10010, The server {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} did not = register with DCOM within the required timeout. What server would {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} be? And what to do to get rid of this DCOM error? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Application Error
Hi, After I installed Exch2003, I'm seeing the follow errors in my application log. My DC is already pointing my current Exch2003 box (exchange2003.arkon-group.com) as per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272552, but the errors still persist. May I ask how could I fix these? Regards, Norman Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Date: 9/28/2004 Time: 7:26:30 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2003 Description: LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory exch2003.arkon-group.com for distinguished name ''. Directory ...

MTA error
I have had exchange2003 coexisting with exchange 5.5 after migrating all the users over to exchange 2003.i removed the exchange 5.5 server from the organization and cahnged the IP address of the exchange 2003 server.All of a sudden i started getting this MTA error: MSExchangeMTA Operating system EVENTID: 9220 A sockets error 10047 on an open[] call was detected. the MTA will attempt to recover the sockect connection. control block index 20. please i need some help to fix this. mike You probably didn't follow the proc...

error reports
I have been having problems with my Outlook. I get these boxes that say 'Send Error Report'. I send it. Where does it go and why doesn't it help me. I still have my problem and Outlook has lots of information. Run "Detect and Repair" from under the help menu in Outlook "Patricia Gibson" <pgibson3@cox.net> wrote in message news:039e01c34800$dc85ec30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have been having problems with my Outlook. I get these > boxes that say 'Send Error Report'. I send it. Where > does it go and why doesn't it help me. > ...

Custom function returning VALUE error
Hi, I am trying to construct a simple function to calculate distance between 2 points on Carthesian plane. The function I wrote: Function FieldsXY(startx, starty, endx, endy) FieldsXY = Application.SQRT((endx - startx) ^ 2 + (endy - starty) ^ 2) End Function The only result I'm getting is #VALUE! error. I tried to declare all arguments as integer, didn't help. Help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm no expert in this :). regards, Alex -- alex.k ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alex.k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

sending an email i always get this error message
The host 'kim_gilvin@yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62', Account: 'kim_gilvin@yahoo.com', Server: 'kim_gilvin@yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I see you may be using ...

SMTP communication errors
Recently all of our clients and contacts are getting email to us bounced back with the following error, " There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator." Nothing has been chnaged on my server or firewall. The odd thing is we receive email from outside places like the Experts Exchange, Adobe and so on. I can receive email from some contacts who just reply to me. The problem is when they use our web address such as fax@millerhanson.com or any other of my users full address. I have sent a request to my spam servi...

OWA and Script Error
I have a situation where we are trying to use Outlook Web Access. We can log onto it, but no messages are displayed, but a script error notification is present stating that an Object doesn't support a certain property or function. The script is named "vw_message.js" My guess is that vw_message.js forms the code for displaying the list of messages and to view an individual message. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Is it a recent patch or something to the Exchange server? Jordan Hotzel wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 18:31 > I have a situation where we...

Error OX643 for KB979909
Re: Error message OX643 for KB979909 After reading all the posts about this download and trying unsuccessfully to understand most of it, I went directly to Microsoft.com Download Center, clicked on New Downloads, typed in the "search" box at top KB979909 and when the download popped up, clicked it. That took me to the page where, about halfway down the page, there are three files listed with the attached "download" box. I clicked on the x86.exe box that I needed and it downloaded without a problem. ...

DCOM issue?
Hi All I have to create a client server application in which both the client & server would be communicating with each other & pass huge amounts of data. Both the client & the server would be on different machines and would communicate through internet(TCP/IP). I would be writing both the client & server app & want to use MFC on both sides. How can i achieve this. which technology should i use Waiting for suggesitons Regards newbie. "newbie" <msaitphpuu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1GeRL1jEHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > ...

Run time error
I am getting this run time error Run Time error 2498 An expression you entered is the wrong data type for one of the arguments. All of the data types are correct, does anyone know how i can fix this? The code for the form is below DoCmd.FindRecord Me.CompanyName is where the problen is Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Add_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_Click 'DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_Add_Click: Exit Sub Err_Add_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Add_Click End Sub Private Sub Close_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Close_For...

DCOM ERROR
Getting the following error. However when I go into component services and add local SERVICE account and add Launch permissions, users are unable to access their mailboxes and public folders are disabled. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E106-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. ...

Error when printing custom Crystal Report
When printing a custom crystal report from within CRM one of two things occurs: If I am the one printing, I am prompted to log on to the APS. If someone else tries to print it, the following error message is displayed: "Information is needed before this report can be processed. [On Cache/Page Server: ASERV.pageserver]" The report displays fine and all users are able to navigate to different pages with no problems. ASERV is the name of the server on which CRM is installed. The report was created with Crystal 9.2.2 and saved directly to the CRM server. The report is not save...

Purchase Order Processing Error
Tried to do a PO inquiry and got the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into colomn ",table ", column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. I also got a similar type of error message looking up another PO inquiry: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into colomn 'DOCTYNAM', table tempdb.dbo #PODetailed_________________________ colum Any clue how to fix this? Any help will be greatly apreciated! -- JD seems like you have some third-party products installed that conflicts with ...

TransferText Error
Hi I have a TransferText macro which worked fine when I first created it. When I now run it, I get the message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'field_name'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. Note the message tells me it cannot open a file but names a field. The field is the last one in the table. I have tried deleting that field but then the message refers to the new last field. I have no tables open and am mystified as to why it has suddenly stopped working. First thing to do is make...

Error message on screen
HI, I have a simple question. How can I print an Error message on screen when the user enter the wrong data? I prefer to use a VB script. Is anyone can help me? . Thank you in advance. KF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 Kim, I assume your using a Form to enter the data... and NOT entering data directly in the table. Upon some condition (which determines a data entry error), use a Msgbox to display the error information to the user. For example, a text control (txtSomeField) value on a form must be l...

error bars
I have been trying to formulate error bars for a graph. Each point on the graph is made of 3 data points. I am having trouble getting started. The help option odes not seem to be very helpful. It states to click on tools then data series, which does not seem to be an option for me. I can not find such an option. Does anyone know how to do this. If so please help. ...

Outlook Error #18
Everytime I try to get into Outlook I keep getting this message: an OLE Registration error occured. Program is not installed run set up again. It then closes out outlook and brings this message up: unknown error OX9694011D???? Can someone please help. I have re installed Microsoft office, I have even re-installed the Operating System still nothing.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Can someone help me???? ---------------------------------------...

Windows Update Error Code 80200052
Attempted to run update Tuesday night; have tried again tonight (Wednesday). Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with updates. Have not been presented with message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do you accept license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code 80200052. Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS -- Michael5M Michael, Not much help coming with so little info. Which is the update(s) failing to install? Please provide the exact KB number along with the name of the installed antivirus|security suite software. Further inf...

Excel Error "Subscript out of range"
I get this error message each time I start Excel 2000. "Subscript out of range" This is when starting Excel before opening any file. When I clear the message I get the normal blank spreadsheet and every thing works fine. The error does not seem to really mean anything. How can I put a stop to this annoyance? Don C. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:32:33 -0600, "Don Couvillion" <dcouv1.Invalid@lsuhsc.edu.invalid> wrote: >I get this error message each time I start Excel 2000. >"Subscript out of range" > >This is when starting Excel before opening any...

Error Code
I'm not super knowledgeable with the windows media player or the tech vernacular so forgive me in advance. I am using XP on my notebook with the windows series 9 media player. When I try to load mp3 files from the media library to the SD card that fits in my GPS I get an error stating "An Error Occured" and it wont load the file onto the sd card. I dont know how to get an error code from the screen so I can't give a specific on that, but it does state that " The directory or file cannot be created" This seems to be a random deal as I have installed the...

Bulk Insert Error
I am getting the following error when trying to perform a Bulk Insert: Msg 4864, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Bulk load data conversion error (type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage) for row 1, column 2 (GROUP_ID) Here is my SQL Code: BULK INSERT DeepDiveGroup8.dbo.atb_tbl FROM 'C:\Test\GRP 8 NEW ATB DETAIL DEC 2009.txt' WITH ( FIELDTERMINATOR = '|', ROWTERMINATOR = '\n', KEEPNULLS ) Here is a sample of the Text File: "SJCQ"|"8"|"12285045"|"DLDLAW271209"|"001951301"|"...

Why I get "Internet Explorer Script Error" if I click Personal Fol
I have installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 recently. I used the Outlook for managing my emails and daily task. For a while, it was perfectly normal. However for some reasons, which I am not sure of, it gave some problems of late. When I click the "Personal Folder", it pop up a window "Internet Explorer Script Error". Can anyone help? Regards YM-Singapore <YM-Singapore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 recently. I used > the Outlook for managing my emails and daily task. For a while, it >...