console root folder

When opeing device manager, an empty console root folder opens first.  How do
I get rid of this empty folder

msg wrote:
> When opening device manager, an empty console root folder opens first.  How do
> I get rid of this empty folder?

Maybe by repairing the registry entries for the Device Manager.

107.  Restore the Device Manager

More:

Click "D" and scroll down to "Device Manager".

--
Joe   =o)
0

sbs 2008 console error
Good day, after the migration we have some problems with sbs 2008 console: we cannon't create the user with console. We can create with manual command. An exception of type 'Type: Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ADException, AdminCommon, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' has occurred. Timestamp: 03/09/2010 19:21:28 Message: La funzionalità Windows SBS Console non è stata configurata correttamente. Stack: in Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ProductADConstants.GetRolesDistinguishedName() ...

Unable to save Office 2007 files onto shared folder
Dear All, I wonder if anyone could help. At our company we utilise both Office 2002 and Office 2007 (these files automatically save as DOC '97-2003'), which run on Windows XP Pro PCs. We have a particular problem which has only just materialised... basically when a networked XLS or DOC file has been access and modified (on Excel 2007) we are unable to save the file back to the shared folder? I have tested other software application and I am able to make changes in the same location and also save without any issues. I have also created a new file with Excel 2002 and ...

where is follow up folder (2007)
In 2003 there was a follow up folder which I put in favorites for items i had flagged for follow up. Can I set this up for 2007? By default, Outlook 2007 already contains a Search folder for items marked for follow up. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D287003-BD61-4DA1-B568-5D3E771E4A57@microsoft.com... > In 2003 there was a follow up folder which I put in favorites for items i > had > flagged for follow up. Can I set this up for 2007? HM I don't see it, and I'd like to have it in my favor...

Un-highlight the root HITEM of a TreeCtrl
MSVC 6.0 win 2000 I can't seem to find the correct settings, parameters for the task. My objective is that once opened the new CTreeView's Root Item will not be Highlighted or Selected. "Steve S" <SSerrell@WAGSTAFF.com> wrote in message news:etJ5QXWeEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I can't seem to find the correct settings, parameters for the task. > My objective is that once opened the new CTreeView's Root Item will > not be Highlighted or Selected. Handle TVN_SELCHANGING notification, cancel the operation if the root is about to be selected. -- ...

Help Please
Evening A while back I was missing / lost / corrupted a "calandar" folder in outlook. Some one pointed me in the direction of a utility that let one recreate / remove corrupted "calandar" folder. Fogot the nake of the files but I seem to remember you had to run a script to help with this matter... Antone outthere remember what hthis procedutre was and the files used to fix these "system untouchable folders????" Thanks much Cast8Away AKA Dobbie May Your Sock Count Always Be Even Cast8Away@ya.hoo.me <Cast8Away@ya.hoo.me> wrote: > A while back I w...

Outlook error "unable to expand the folder"
Hello, here is my situation : I have a client who was connecting to Exchange running on SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003. He installed Office 2002 Professonal over Office 2003 (including overwriting Outlook 2003...he just wanted to get MS Access and only had a 2002 cd). He has been unable to connect to the exchange server since. I suggested, and he did uninstall Office 2002, and reinstalled Office 2003, to no effect. I have recreated his Outlook profile, and get an 'underlined', resolved name for the Exchange server componenet of the profile. When He tries to expand his Mailbox-John Smith ...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. "kdepc" <kdepc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01F1E17-3057-40E4-8DF8-C8F507316897@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail > Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 > Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. Please...

System Management Console
Can someone tell me if there is a independent "exe" file for system management console for exchange that can be installed on windows xp machine? Thanks, R. Brown Hi R. Brown, check out the following link. It tells you how to install the Sys Mgr onto an XP box, and some of the pre-requisites etc. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815529 HTH, Katherine "R. Brown" <rbrown_nospam@rbnetworking.net> wrote in message news:YoU0c.564$rB4.178@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > Can someone tell me if there is a independent "exe" file for syste...

Console to Dialog
I'm trying to port a console based app to a dialog based app so that I can have access to gui controls. The console app connects to a remote server and process the data from the server through a dll. It does this by starting a thread which begins a session and handles the incoming data with callback functions. I tried porting by creating a regular dialog app with a button control that would start the main thread of the console app which I created a class for. I took out all references of creating or messaging the console window, so just the session/callback code remained. The dialog crash...

Exchange message console
Hi. I'm sorry to re-post this message, but i've loose the preceding answer. I've got a Windows SBS 2003 Server. Is there a console where I can see all mail (sender, recipients, message contents, ecc) which pass through my Exchange server? Inside and outside? I need to see every message that my employees send and receive. Thanks Hi Roberto Sounds like you need to implement message archival: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Roberto Sartori" <sa...

Maximum file limit to Root directory of NOR Flash
Hello, I am developing a driver for a NOR Flash of size 16MB. The driver successfully loads in Windows and I can view the disk as a drive. I have a problem, though, I cannot copy more than 256 files to the ROOT DIRECTORY of the Flash Disk. e.g., 256 text files. Whether I use a source text file size of 10 bytes or 1 kb to 10 kb does not matter, after copying the 256th file, it refuses to copy any more files and issue the warning "Cannot copy "xxx.txt". There is not enough free disk space." However, I can create a subdirectory and there I could copy greate...

Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc
Win2K O2K SP3 Outlook2K I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous user/profile is still accessible. How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user? Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via; File-> Open-> Personal Data File... Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Public folders #53
We are using public folders as a group email address. The problem, how can people who have access to the public folder know when a mail has been responded to by another user who has access to the folder. Is there a way to set notification? w "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in news:OIa3367NGHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > We are using public folders as a group email address. The problem, > how can people who have access to the public folder know when a mail > has been responded to by another user who has access to the folder. Is > there a way to set not...

Which folders are archived?
Is there a simple way to obtain a list of the folder archive setting for a .pst file? I have a number of Outlook personal files, some wit many, many folders, and I'd like to know what their archive setting are (archive folder name, interval, etc.) without having do ope Properties on each one. Is there a simple way or an existing utility? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Output to console
I am programming a replacement on-screen keyboard. This is a win32 program that needs to send messages to other windows. We use SendInput to send the keyboard messages to the window with the focus. This works for normal windows. It does not, however, work for sending output to a console window. Does anyone know how I can send characters to a console window? Dave ...

News Reader disappeared and was replaced by folder!!!
Hi can anyone help me with this problem: I installed News Reader yesterday by following the instructions found in HELP Menu (dragging the NEWS button from the "Customize Toolbars" window to the GO menu). I then used News Reader extensively yesterday and sent a few posts, but when I turned off my computer and turned it on today I was surprised to see that the NEWS button in the GO menu of OUTLOOK disappeared. It sometimes appears (directly after I click Contacts, Maibox or Calendar shortcuts) but if I click on NEWS, a new window opens and shows the content of the following fo...

Upgrade to OL2003
I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. In Outlook I had a folder named "Commercial", where I stored my commercial email. Now that folder has disappeared. What the heck??? what kind of account do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Imagine" <invalid@notvalid.com> wr...

Console app with no console window
I'm trying to replace our fairly crappy scheduler with the NT Task Scheduler to run a console app. When our scheduler runs this app, it does so with no console window and the app then closes its standard in/out handles. Our scheduler calls CreateProcess() and sets the flag parameter to DETACHED_PROCESS. The command line for the console app includes a /d switch to tell it to close its IO handles. How would I get the same behaviour when running the console app from the NT Task Scheduler? I've looked at the interface for the task object and can't see anything there that would stop t...

Help with public folder replication needed
I have set up a temporary exchange 5.5 server and am following the Ed Crowley Server Move Method. http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID= 1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1008&sectionName=The%20Ed%20Crowley% 20Server%20Move%20Method I am in the process of waiting for public folder replication to finalize. It seems like every 15 minutes a small amount of data is replicated from the first server to the second. I want to move these public folders over so I can continue this project. When I view the folder replication status, many of ...

outlook 2003
I have about 500 emails in a folder under Inbox. I want to email each of these people but do not want to hit reply 500 times. Is there a way to send an email to all of them without having to re-type everyone's email or doing this one at a time? If not, is there a way to do it programtically? Thanks ...

How to hide virtual folder?
Hi SetFileAttributes don't work for virtual folder such as "My Computer", "RecycleBin". So I can't hide virtual folder as I do for usual folder or file. Does anyone know how to do it for virtual folder? -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure That setting is in the registery. This will explain it all http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/RegistryTips/Miscellaneous/RegistrySettingsfortheStartMenuinWindowsXP.html AliR. "NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:1511667C-D42F-4B1B-8955-A733882273DE@microso...

Folder Permissions #5
Is there a way to set permission to the mailbox folder and automatically propagate this setting. I have a user with a mail box with over 150 folders insid it. to set permission to every folder would be a verry long process. I sure you understand. Removing permission and propagate these settings to all sub-folders would be good to. Is there any white, blue, brown or even black papper about this? If anyone have a tool to atchive this I would be very greatfull. We using outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. Thank you in advance. Denis See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm for to...

Adding Backup and Security Status to Windwos SBS Console
Backup Status; It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second server? Or maybe a client machine that you are using Windows based backup? Security Status; I would assume that I need to enable the firewall rule for the severs to have the the Security Status change from "Not Available" to OK correct? Or is there a fix for this? I tried to search for threads and couldn't find anything. Kev wrote: > Backup Status; > It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second > server? Or maybe a client ma...

Outlook Auto Resolve Distribution List in Contact Folder In Public Folder
We're running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. I have a Distribution List called DL1 in a Contacts Folder called CF1 in a Public Folder called PF1. When I type DL1 in the To: field of an email and click "Check Names" Outlook is unable to resolve the name of the Distribution List. But it resolves non Distribution List entries just fine. To set this up, I right clicked CF1, clicked Properties, Outlook Address Book, and placed a check mark in front of "Show this folder as an e-mail address book". In Outlook I clicked Tools, Services, Addressing and added CF1 ...