connection options missing in my network place

I have just recently notice that my connection options in my network place
are missing.E.g : local area network,wireless..... thoese are missing now my
network place is completely empty, i was just wondering if the problem could
be caused by the automatic updates that i had recently and was not installed
successfully.the update is Microsoft SQL Server 2005.Do any one has a good
solution for me?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I have just recently notice that my connection options in my network place
> are missing.E.g : local area network,wireless..... thoese are missing now my
> network place is completely empty, i was just wondering if the problem could
> be caused by the automatic updates that i had recently and was not installed
> successfully.the update is Microsoft SQL Server 2005.Do any one has a good
> solution for me?

Look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826

Bernd
0
Bernd

Is there a formula to place a value into another cell?
Is there a formula to place a value into another cell? For example, can I have a formula in cell 'A2' that places the value "AAA" into cell 'A1'? Thanks! No, a cell can only "pull" information. You would need a macro to do what you want. chillynois@yahoo.com wrote: > Is there a formula to place a value into another cell? > > For example, can I have a formula in cell 'A2' that places the value > "AAA" into cell 'A1'? > > Thanks! > chillynois, Technically, you could come up with a UDF (user defined fu...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Syntax error 3075 missing operator
Hi all! I get "error 3075 Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '[InvNum]81441." (81441 is the invoice number being acted upon.) DoCmd.OpenForm "2frmDELabor", , , "[InvNum]" & Me![InvNum], acFormEdit 1. InvNum is a number field, long integer. 2. The command is attached to a button on [2frmDEInvoice]. 3. [2frmDELabor] is a parent form to [2frmDELaborRP1]. 4. [2frmDELaborRP1] is named LaborRP1 5. LaborRP1 is linked to parent via [InvNum]. Is there something about the subform? Am I not calling it correctly? I would gratefully accept ...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Decimal missing in result
In this formulas the result is whithout decimal...Why? =SE(R3=1;$P$3/100*U3;SE(R3=2;$P$3/100*U3;SE(R3=3;$P$3/100*U3;SE(R3=4;$P$3/100*U3;))))&SE(R3=5;(SE(T3>=$P$3;T3/100*U3;0));"")&SE(R3=6;(SE(T3>=$P$3;T3/100*U3;0));"")&SE(R3=7;(SE(T3>=$P$3;T3/100*U3;0));"")&SE(R3=8;(SE(T3>=$P$3;T3/100*U3;0));"")&SE(R3=9;T3/100*U3;SE(R3=10;T3/100*U3;SE(R3=11;T3/100*U3;SE(R3=12;T3/100*U3;))))&SE(R3=13;$P$3/100*U3;SE(R3=14;$P$3/50*U3;SE(R3=15;$P$3/100*U3;SE(R3=16;$P$3/100*U3;))))&SE(R3=17;(SE(T3>=$P$3;T3/100*U3;0));"")&a...

Missing Email in Public Folder.
I have a business user told me that when he goes to one of the folder under Public Folder in Outlook, he doesn't get all the emails. He only gets 3 emails under the public folder. When I go to the same folder, I got 10 emails. He's filter is off. Do you know what is happening? Any help is appreciated! Terrence Nope - too few details for any helpful response. And I am through digging for the details. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

print options #2
how i move my printing around to print on one page? Highlight the area you want printed, click on File...Print Area...Set Print Area. Go to File...Print.....in the print range area force it to 1 one page. "andrew a" wrote: > how i move my printing around to print on one page? ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Publisher2003 Certificate Template "Missing Clip Art" Error
Installed, removed, and re-installed Office 2003 Professional (Enterprise Edition) in Windows XP Pro (new & fresh build). Applied all Windows & Office updates. When picking Certificate "Appreciation 3" (in Print Publication view, Publication Designs\Apply a Design) this error is displayed: "The wizard cannot find clip art needed for this design. Your publication may not look as it was intended to look. Run setup again to reinstall the missing clip art file. For more information on running Setup press F1 now." We tried reinstalling, and removing/installing to ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

option groups 11-28-07
I want to put an option group on a form and have the results be recorded in my table as text. What should I do in order to convert the number values to associated text options? I tried using a field list table that held all my options, but I can't figure out how to get the display to show the text options. If your answer includes using a query, explain how to set it up, as I'm not too good with queries. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 If you've got a table that translates the numeric value to a text des...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Excel sheet is missing in application
Hi I am not able to open my excel sheet by doubleclicking on it. The excel sheet is missing from the excel application (leaves a gaping hole in the center) with only the menu bar visible. But am able to do the same by running a instance first (from RUN) and then opening it from there. Any way out? Dey Are you sure it's not opening? Maybe it's just off the screen. Try clicking on Window on the toolbar. Do you see your workbook name at the bottom of the list? If yes, try Window|Arrange|Tiled and then resize by hand (and then save it). If it's not really there, do you get...

Decimal places in OLAP Cube Data
Hi there, Can anyone tell me how to remove the decimal places from the OLAP Cube data and just make them whole numbers? Please and Thank you Daniel Pruett EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx I think you will have to create a separate calculated field for the data in question. For example if you want to show [Work] rounded to 0 decimals you would use this MDX formula IIF([Measures].[Work] = NULL, NULL, RO...

FRx option to disable out of balance error messages in DDV
Many companies use rounding either to whole dollars or to thousands. When drilling into the financial statement down to the transaction level, there is a message indicating that the transaction details don't match the account balances. When using a rounding option, please add an option to disable this message in the Drilldown Viewer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...