Command Line/Script to Remove/Uninstall Program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs

Hello all,

I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that can
only be removed from Add or Remove Programs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to
websites/tutorials/walk-thru's.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

---------------------------
"Smokin' weed kills your brain cells.  Drinkin' only screws up your
liver...ya got 2 a those."
        - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl")

If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound?

0
Conan

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarinNOSPAM@msnNOSPAM.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that
> can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to
> websites/tutorials/walk-thru's.
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
>
> Conan Kelly
>

> ---------------------------
> "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells.  Drinkin' only screws up your
> liver...ya got 2 a those."
>        - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl")
>

> If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound?

I believe that you can remove programs by executing the data you will find
against values called "UninstallString" in the registry. You will find them
in HKLM. They can be quite complex, e.g. UninstallString=MsiExec.exe
/I{D2DA04C5-5035-4CE1-8CA7-94FAF280E68B}. I have never tried the technique.

0
Pegasus
5/14/2010 8:36:02 PM
See the 'Security Update Deployment | Windows XP (all editions) | Removal
Information' section of any Security Bulletin (e.g.,
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-030.mspx).

If you need a bigger clue, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372104(VS.85).aspx

Conan Kelly wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that
> can
> only be removed from Add or Remove Programs.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to
> websites/tutorials/walk-thru's.
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
>
> Conan Kelly
>

> ---------------------------
> "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells.  Drinkin' only screws up your
> liver...ya got 2 a those."
>        - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl")
>

> If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound?

0
PA

how to remove line numbers in excel
I am fairly new to excel and need to know how to remove the line numbers and the alphabetical cell letters at the top of my page. They appear when I print my report and I have been trying for hours to fix the problem but to no avail. I live in a remote area & don't have any assistance available. Thanks a heap to anyone in advance for your time. -- aquietachiever Hi, In print preview use the Setup button to display the Page Setup dialog. On the Sheet tab is a section Print. make sure 'Row and column headings' is unchecked. Cheers Andy bitty_betsy wrote: > I am fairl...

print preview command in Excel

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Template Wizard Addin Program
I have recently acquired an upgrade version of Office 2003 & Installed it on a different computer from my previous Office 2000 version (IOW, a fresh install, not an upgrade install per se). When I try to use an existing XL2000 data file generated by the old invoice wizard, XL2003: 1. Won't display the custom tool bar (oddly, unless I launch Word 2003 and then return to XL2003!) and 2. When I try to write the form data to the database, I get a message indicating that I need to install the "Template Wizard Addin Program." When I click "help" from this dialog, the ...

OK to Uninstall MS Money 2003?
Greetings, I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older program when I installed the new program. TIA, Rich In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 >data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all >instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older >program when I installed th...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

can't download statements
I just started using Money Premium 06 and keep getting failure notices when trying to download my statements from the bank? Who should I contact with a problem like this? thanks for any help. Depends on the messages you see. Post them here and someone may be able to suggest something. Some may be Money, some could be the bank... -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

How can I create fax cover page for a contact in Outlook?
I think this should be simple enough, just like in the last contact manager I used. So is there an easy way to creat a one button method of populating a standard fax cover page with a contact's information after looking up the contact? No wizards, no mail merges, just a simple one click method. ...

how do I add emails with no return adress to my junkmail settings
Some junk mail I receive does not have a return address so I cannot add it to my blacklist. Is there a way to delete all emails without a return address? Thnaks Adding names to the blocked list is pointless - spammers keep changing the From address or use one you wouldn't want to block, like your own or for businesses you might get legit mail from. It's better to use the junk filter set on high and rules to capture messages it mixes. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050729.htm for a blank sender rule. (See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/rules.htm i...

How I Can take pictures..
How I can take pictures with access using webcam. thanks. ...

Can't Logon
After a trojan was cleaned on my PC running XP Home I can no longer get back into the operating system. I can't get past the logon screen using either Administrator or User, nothing happens it just says logging on then immediately logs off and I can't get into safe mode either. I remember seeing that the trojan was in Windows User Logon Hotkey Registry, not necessarily in that order though. Any advice guys? Thanks, Skye. -- Skye wrote: > After a Trojan was cleaned on my PC running XP Home I can no longer get back > into the operating system. I can't get p...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

How can i use excel to cut duplicates from a list?
I have a list of e-mail addresses and there are some doubles, rather than filter then ascending and pick out the double manually, is there a way i can do this quickly in excel? Hi Elaine - Assuming that the duplicates are *identical* in each field I'd use the Advanced Filter. Copy the field names (captions) to another location, then click back in the list of records (anywhere in the list) & go to Data> Filter> Advanced Filter. Choose "Copy to Another Location", specify the cells you copied the field names to PLUS the cells immediately below them as the Criteria ...

How to space all lines in a paragraph evenly?
The lines in my text are sometimes spaced unevenly in a paragraph. Sometimes just the last two lines are spaced differently than the rest of the paragraph. I have tried kerning and all the other text and paragraph adjustments I can find. Could this possibly be due to too much text and graphics on one page? How can I find a solution to this. I have searched blogs and help all over. Are you creating the text box or are you using a template? There can't be too much text, if there is too much text you would get the overflow symbol on the bottom of the text box. Or maybe you have enable...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away --reveiw program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

Multiple distribution lines on a PO for non-inventoried items
When we set up a PO for non-inventoried items, the distribution screen only allows one GL account for distribution. In the case where we want to buy a multiple quantity of an item (say Blackberries for example) and want to charge out each item to a different department, we either have to set up a line for each department's Blackberry, or charge them all to a single account and then redistribute by journal entry. This is a problem because in scenario #1, we have about 90 active departments - alot of keying and a very long PO if we have to set up a line for each one. In scenario 2,...

MSN Money Stock Quoate Add-in
I have a spreadsheet with a few stocks I'm watching. Presently I can click the Update Quotes on the MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes toolbar to get the current info. I would like to create a command button instead that I could click to get the same result. Is there a way to update stock quotes with a command button via code? I can't seem to find anyway to do this. I've tried recording a macro by just clicking the button on the toolbar but that didn't work? Refresh data doesn't seem to work in this situation either so creating a command button to refresh data is no good. The...

How can I generate code from VISIO UML diagrams
Im using VISIO 2003 for modelling diagrams. Im using UML activity diagrams in it. Im very glad if i know how to generate code from those UML activity diagrams this from the visio help facility on how to start... Generate skeleton code from a UML model 1.. Set the language and project location, and then set preferences for the code constructs to be generated. How? 1.. Open the UML model that includes the class definition data for code generation, and from the UML menu, point to Code, and then click Preferences. 2.. For Language, select the target language from the list (C#, C++, or...

Programming "yield" function in Microsoft Access
Hi, I've been looking for a way to program/calculate "yield" function in Microsoft Access. I know this forum is for Excel users but the procedure I found on this form. This procedure was created by Mirna Larson back in 2004. Looks like everything should work and this is exactly what I need. However I=92m getting =93User defined type=94 error. I tried to use references to different libraries =96 same error. I=92m not an advanced Access VBA user. Basically I created a button on a form and inserted the code thinking that if this works I should be able to customize this late...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

How can I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print

Hiding lines in detail
Hi, I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. Meaning: Client_name Bill# Total Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) HOWTO do it? TIA Ana Access 2003 Ana wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. > Meaning: > Client_name Bill# Total > Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) > Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) > > HOWTO do it? > TIA > Ana > Acce...

I can't open any Emailed "LINKS" in Outlook 2003
Can anyone help me please dvs2000@bellsouth.net Diamond Dave <dvs2000@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Can anyone help me please What symptoms do you see? What error messages do you get? -- Brian Tillman ...

How can i see a data change?
i need help with a problem i want to be able to see when values have been updated in a spreadsheet. My thoughts are pointing towards the font changing colour when a value has been increased and a seperate colour when the value has decreased. I am using Excel 2003 Thanks in advance Mickky --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On Apr 20, 4:11=A0am, "Mickky" <mbro...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > i need help with a problem > > i want to be abl...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...