command line - add new local printer port

How do I do this?

I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs I 
need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"  Please don't 
bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.

The following runs great if the port already exists.

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
/m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"

But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
local port. Can anyone help?

I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to the 
printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no 
switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry

Thanks,

Keith 


0
Keith
3/11/2010 6:56:54 PM
windowsxp.general 3897 articles. 1 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1223 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:u4vLhyUwKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

....
> For my needs I need a local port called
> "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" ...
> How do I do this? ...  I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?

You might check to see if the standard prnport.vbs meets your needs. Its
usage is described at
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html and other
places.

Although it addresses a standard TCP/IP port, you seem clever enough to test
its functionality with the file port you need.


0
Greg
3/11/2010 7:28:42 PM
On Mar 11, 1:56=A0pm, "Keith G Hicks" <k...@comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I do this?
>
> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for
> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my need=
s I
> need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" =A0Please =
don't
> bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>
> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program
> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps=
"
> /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>
> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?
>
> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to t=
he
> printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no
> switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

What does the error message say when it fails to work as desired?
0
Jose
3/11/2010 8:18:24 PM
Doesn't seem to work. I tried several variations on that and dont' end up 
with a "local port" in the ports listing. The Prnport.vbs script requires an 
IP address.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490975.aspx

Also, for anyone that might be interested in this in the future, 
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html oddly enough 
does not show all the switches for these functions. You're better off going 
to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490975.aspx or one of the 
other 5 related ones if you need good info on them.



"Greg Russell" <grussell@invalid.com> wrote in message 
news:7vsujdF4clU1@mid.individual.net...
> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:u4vLhyUwKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> ...
>> For my needs I need a local port called
>> "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" ...
>> How do I do this? ...  I need to know how to add a new
>> local port. Can anyone help?
>
> You might check to see if the standard prnport.vbs meets your needs. Its
> usage is described at
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html and other
> places.
>
> Although it addresses a standard TCP/IP port, you seem clever enough to 
> test
> its functionality with the file port you need.
>
> 


0
Keith
3/11/2010 8:25:15 PM
"Operation could not be completed. The specified port is unknown."

(and changing the printer to print directly wihtout spooling was solved with 
prncnfg.vbs)

"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:b980f111-7748-460c-8d35-800fa349e1bc@a18g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 11, 1:56 pm, "Keith G Hicks" <k...@comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I do this?
>
> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for
> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs 
> I
> need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" Please 
> don't
> bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>
> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program
> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"
> /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>
> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?
>
> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to 
> the
> printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no
> switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

What does the error message say when it fails to work as desired? 


0
Keith
3/11/2010 8:27:58 PM
I think that the drivers need to be signed.  Right click My Computer and 
select Properties then click on the Hardware tab and then click on the 
Driver Signing button and see set to "Ignore".

John


Keith G Hicks wrote:
> How do I do this?
> 
> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs I 
> need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"  Please don't 
> bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
> 
> The following runs great if the port already exists.
> 
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
> /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
> 
> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
> local port. Can anyone help?
> 
> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to the 
> printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no 
> switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Keith 
> 
> 
0
John
3/11/2010 8:45:43 PM
"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:%23f4a5jVwKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> Also, for anyone that might be interested in this in the future,
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html oddly
enough
> does not show all the switches for these functions.

.... as clearly (?) stated in the article, along with instructions for
finding the XP system help that shows all possible switches for the "new
command tools".

It's unfortunate that it insists on a TCP/IP port, as a printer "port"
should be any abstract that fits the need. That limitation is consistent
with M$'s general failings however.

Glad the prncnfg.vbs worked for part of the issue you're dealing with,
though.


0
Greg
3/11/2010 8:53:09 PM
That gets rid of the problem where windows gets in there and asks if it's 
okay to install teh driver (which is okay by me) but it doesn't solve the 
port does not exist problem.

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message 
news:uFrFLvVwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I think that the drivers need to be signed.  Right click My Computer and 
>select Properties then click on the Hardware tab and then click on the 
>Driver Signing button and see set to "Ignore".
>
> John
>
>
> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>> How do I do this?
>>
>> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
>> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my 
>> needs I need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
>> Please don't bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>>
>> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>>
>> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
>> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program 
>> Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>>
>> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
>> local port. Can anyone help?
>>
>> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to 
>> the printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard 
>> but no switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Keith 


0
Keith
3/11/2010 9:17:13 PM
Add the port to the registry.

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Ports" /v 
"C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /t reg_sz

You have to restart the spooler service for changes to apply:

net stop spooler
net start spooler

John


Keith G Hicks wrote:
> That gets rid of the problem where windows gets in there and asks if it's 
> okay to install teh driver (which is okay by me) but it doesn't solve the 
> port does not exist problem.
> 
> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message 
> news:uFrFLvVwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I think that the drivers need to be signed.  Right click My Computer and 
>> select Properties then click on the Hardware tab and then click on the 
>> Driver Signing button and see set to "Ignore".
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>>> How do I do this?
>>>
>>> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
>>> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my 
>>> needs I need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
>>> Please don't bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>>>
>>> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>>>
>>> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
>>> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program 
>>> Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>>>
>>> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
>>> local port. Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to 
>>> the printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard 
>>> but no switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Keith 
> 
> 
0
John
3/12/2010 1:22:41 AM
That couldn't have been much simpler! Thank you.


"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message 
news:%23wUHNKYwKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Add the port to the registry.
>
> reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Ports" /v 
> "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /t reg_sz
>
> You have to restart the spooler service for changes to apply:
>
> net stop spooler
> net start spooler
>
> John
>
>
> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>> That gets rid of the problem where windows gets in there and asks if it's 
>> okay to install teh driver (which is okay by me) but it doesn't solve the 
>> port does not exist problem.
>>
>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message 
>> news:uFrFLvVwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> I think that the drivers need to be signed.  Right click My Computer and 
>>> select Properties then click on the Hardware tab and then click on the 
>>> Driver Signing button and see set to "Ignore".
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>>
>>> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>>>> How do I do this?
>>>>
>>>> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
>>>> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my 
>>>> needs I need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
>>>> Please don't bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for 
>>>> this.
>>>>
>>>> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>>>>
>>>> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
>>>> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program 
>>>> Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>>>>
>>>> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
>>>> local port. Can anyone help?
>>>>
>>>> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to 
>>>> the printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard 
>>>> but no switch for it that I can see in rundll32 
>>>> printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Keith
>> 

0
Keith
3/12/2010 7:43:58 PM
You're welcome.


Keith G Hicks wrote:
> That couldn't have been much simpler! Thank you.
> 
> 
> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message 
> news:%23wUHNKYwKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Add the port to the registry.
>>
>> reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Ports" /v 
>> "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /t reg_sz
>>
>> You have to restart the spooler service for changes to apply:
>>
>> net stop spooler
>> net start spooler
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>>> That gets rid of the problem where windows gets in there and asks if it's 
>>> okay to install teh driver (which is okay by me) but it doesn't solve the 
>>> port does not exist problem.
>>>
>>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message 
>>> news:uFrFLvVwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> I think that the drivers need to be signed.  Right click My Computer and 
>>>> select Properties then click on the Hardware tab and then click on the 
>>>> Driver Signing button and see set to "Ignore".
>>>>
>>>> John
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Keith G Hicks wrote:
>>>>> How do I do this?
>>>>>
>>>>> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for 
>>>>> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my 
>>>>> needs I need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" 
>>>>> Please don't bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for 
>>>>> this.
>>>>>
>>>>> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>>>>>
>>>>> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program 
>>>>> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program 
>>>>> Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>>>>>
>>>>> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new 
>>>>> local port. Can anyone help?
>>>>>
>>>>> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to 
>>>>> the printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard 
>>>>> but no switch for it that I can see in rundll32 
>>>>> printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Keith
> 
0
John
3/12/2010 9:00:29 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

PDF printer for Report
I create a invoice in a report that i then print out, i would also like to save a copy to the Pc using the PDF printer thati have. If i click on the pdf printer it then lets me save it with a file name of what the report is called. rptInvoice Is there a way to get access to atomatical save the file as the order number that is showen on the invoice any help would be great Thanks Hi Simon, I believe you can do this by using VBA code to programmatically set the report's caption to include your invoice number. I have not tested it with exporting to the .pdf format, but it does work w...

how to remove line numbers in excel
I am fairly new to excel and need to know how to remove the line numbers and the alphabetical cell letters at the top of my page. They appear when I print my report and I have been trying for hours to fix the problem but to no avail. I live in a remote area & don't have any assistance available. Thanks a heap to anyone in advance for your time. -- aquietachiever Hi, In print preview use the Setup button to display the Page Setup dialog. On the Sheet tab is a section Print. make sure 'Row and column headings' is unchecked. Cheers Andy bitty_betsy wrote: > I am fairl...

Richedit and the new XP visual styles
Does anyone know why richedit controls still displays the old 3D border around it, while all other controls do it in the new themed style? Any ideas to make a richedit control (any version) display its border based on the current theme? P.D. I am now seeing this trouble in the rich edit controls present in this dialog while I write this message. One for "subject" and another for "newsgroups". ...

print preview command in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I just upgraded to office 2008 for Mac and can not find the &quot;print preview&quot; command in Excel I had in my previous version and that is available in Word 2008. Was it removed? > On 11/4/09 8:43 AM, in article 59b7feef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, <br> > &quot;sprint1005@officeformac.com&quot; wrote: <br> > <br> > > Version: 2008 <br> > > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) <br> > > <br> > > I just upgraded to office ...

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

How to space all lines in a paragraph evenly?
The lines in my text are sometimes spaced unevenly in a paragraph. Sometimes just the last two lines are spaced differently than the rest of the paragraph. I have tried kerning and all the other text and paragraph adjustments I can find. Could this possibly be due to too much text and graphics on one page? How can I find a solution to this. I have searched blogs and help all over. Are you creating the text box or are you using a template? There can't be too much text, if there is too much text you would get the overflow symbol on the bottom of the text box. Or maybe you have enable...

stop folder opening on new email
In Outlook 2003, whenever I get email that gets routed to a folder which is not showing right now in the tree view on the left, the folder above it automatticly expands to show the folder. Is there any way to stop this behavior so that the tree stays collapsed? __ Andy Smith You know, there is no pleasing users. Most of the requests we get in this group are to exhibit the exact behavior you despise. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

ROI calculations wrong when investments transferred to new accoun
I moved mutual fund investments between brokerage accounts using the transfer out command. Now the ROI are totally wrong. It seems like the calculation treats the transfer as a new buy in the account it was moved into. In microsoft.public.money, McGillDH wrote: >I moved mutual fund investments between brokerage accounts using the transfer >out command. Now the ROI are totally wrong. It seems like the calculation >treats the transfer as a new buy in the account it was moved into. Sheesh. I posted the quwestion twice because I got an error message saying the first time did not ...

Multiple distribution lines on a PO for non-inventoried items
When we set up a PO for non-inventoried items, the distribution screen only allows one GL account for distribution. In the case where we want to buy a multiple quantity of an item (say Blackberries for example) and want to charge out each item to a different department, we either have to set up a line for each department's Blackberry, or charge them all to a single account and then redistribute by journal entry. This is a problem because in scenario #1, we have about 90 active departments - alot of keying and a very long PO if we have to set up a line for each one. In scenario 2,...

How to Move Email, Folders, Addresses to New Computer
I just built a new computer and upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000. Is there a way to get my old emails and folders into the new Outlook on the new computer? I have the same question for the address book. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack Jack <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote: > I just built a new computer and upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000. > Is there a way to get my old emails and folders into the new Outlook > on the new computer? I have the same question for the address book. http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillm...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

Every new email
XP Pro SP1, Win2003, Office 2003 Pro SP1 via Assigned Computer Policy in GPO. We had a working Office 2003 Pro admin point for months. We setup a new package to rollout SP1 per MS directions. We simply added a policy pointing to the new installation. Upon the first few end-user logins, all seemed to work as designed. Then all hell broke loose. Some users started having problems attaching Word documents (Word only, all others work) to Outlook outgoing messages. It would throw error 1394 "Invalid characters exist in Application Data". Other users have a very different, yet huge...

Hiding lines in detail
Hi, I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. Meaning: Client_name Bill# Total Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) HOWTO do it? TIA Ana Access 2003 Ana wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. > Meaning: > Client_name Bill# Total > Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) > Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) > > HOWTO do it? > TIA > Ana > Acce...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

Variable lines on a report
I am trying to prepare a report that will include, on each page, a variable number of lines for people to write on. At the top of the page, I am printing some memo fields, which are of varying lengths but short enough that there will always be blank space at the bottom of the page. The detail section will each be on its own page. At the bottom of the page, I want to add lines for people to write names and dates. Think of it as a library card on 8.5"x11" paper with a description of the item at the top and a place to record checking out of material below. I would like to h...

regression lines and r-square in work sheets instead of charts
1. I am mathematically challenged 2. I have a series of numbers such as sales per month for a 60 month period. From these numbers I have to predict the next month, quarter’s sales. I have to (1) enter the historic data, (2) prepare a line graph, (3) add a trend line by choosing one of the regression types (4) set the period and ask for the r-square value, (5)"zoom in" on the graph to find the value. (6) go back to the worksheet and plug in the predicted number and the r-square value and (7) repeat steps 2-6 for each of the remaining 5 regression models. 3. I could enter the ...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

New email alert in 2003
I have used Outlook 2000 for several years and always got an alert when I received new mail. Now that I have installed Outlook 2003, I hardly ever get an alert when I get mail. See my response to your earlier question. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. While thinking hard, Harry Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> queried: | I have used Outlook 2000 for several years and always got | an alert when I received new mail. Now that I have | installed Outlook 2003, I hardly ever get an alert when I | get mail. Th...

Excel chart with column and line
Hi, I am preparing a graph. There are two chart-types being shown - column and line, but they are associated. The X-axis shows 'calendar quarters' while the Y-axis shows $USD. The number of column graphs for each quarter can be 1 or 2. For example, in Q1 I have a single column graphs in Q2 2..... I have just a single line graph. My problem is that since the number of column graphs varies the markers for the line graph appear 'offset', which from a visual perspective looks confusing. The marker only appears aligned properly for those quarters that have 2 column graphs....

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

New User Setup
Hi, I am looking at getting outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 (running on 2003 R2 server) and we would like to have outlook automatically populate the exchange settings for each user when they logon. What options do i have with this? Is profgen the only option? Thanks The last version ProfGen worked with was Outlook 2000. Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile. You can create such .prf files with the Custom = Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard...

last added line always visible in listbox
Hello I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many new lines. Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. Is some simple way to do this ? "tio" <tomjey@wp.pl> wrote in message news:1155909533.593851.160030@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); > I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many > new lines. > Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. > Is some simple way to do this ? > Maybe a...

Adding a command to a picture
I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event / double click set up a macro to close the form however when i double click on my picture nothing is happening - help!! On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:02:22 -0700, casi <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One suggestion would be to temporarily add a button to your form, and from the button wizard select the option to close the form. Then look behind the scenes what was generated, and implement your image_doubleclick the same way. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event ...