Cannot uninstall generic drive from device manager

In trying to download photos from my FUJI camera via USB2, I did not get
the small window that usually presents options upon turning the camera on,
on what to do, eg. use Explorer, use Windows Media Player, etc.   Upon
investigation I found that in Device manager under STORAGE VOLUMES, there
was a yellow exclamation point on the Generic Volume for FUJIFILM USB
DRIVEUNIT USB.

I then used the trouble shooting instructions and got to the point it says
to uninstall the driver.  When I do that the Confirm Device Removal small
window comes up, I click OK a small hour glass appears and then nothing
happens. After a good 5 minutes the top of the small window heading says
"CONFIRM DEVICE REMOVAL (NOT RESPONDING).

I'd appreciate help on what to do next.

I am running on Windows XP pro.

TIA
0
Tommy

Tommy D <tduprZx@landmarknZt.invalid> wrote in

I am running on Windows XP pro with SP3
0
Tommy
2/18/2010 1:24:34 AM
  With pcs,the USB controllers would be a MB issue,try downloading the
 chipset installation utility for youre MB chipset,get this from the mfg
(intel,
 amd,etc).If the problem still exist,in device mgr,expand the hardware tree
 for the problem device,R.click,properties,update driver,choose advanced
 option,chk the box "dont search i'll choose",in new window,uncheck the
 box "show compatable hardware",in list select new driver.Also,plugging
 in to another USB port may get other options.

"Tommy D" wrote:

> In trying to download photos from my FUJI camera via USB2, I did not get
> the small window that usually presents options upon turning the camera on,
> on what to do, eg. use Explorer, use Windows Media Player, etc.   Upon
> investigation I found that in Device manager under STORAGE VOLUMES, there
> was a yellow exclamation point on the Generic Volume for FUJIFILM USB
> DRIVEUNIT USB.
>
> I then used the trouble shooting instructions and got to the point it says
> to uninstall the driver.  When I do that the Confirm Device Removal small
> window comes up, I click OK a small hour glass appears and then nothing
> happens. After a good 5 minutes the top of the small window heading says
> "CONFIRM DEVICE REMOVAL (NOT RESPONDING).
>
> I'd appreciate help on what to do next.
>
> I am running on Windows XP pro.
>
> TIA
> .

Phone, Fax, & other Numbers in CRM AND Change Management
Does anyone know of a way to force the format of phone number fields to be in a format like (123) 456-7890? Anyone aware of an automated means to track change management with CRM? For instance, can some logging be performed on CRM admins that document changes to fields or forms? Thanks, Nick You could validate the format of the phone number field using a regular expression in the onchange event (and perhaps the onsave event). About the change management, do you mean tracking data changes (logging/auditing) or customization changes? I remember there's a third party tool to do...

Office 2003 with Business contact manager.
I am using Maximizer 7 and cannot import the data files into the Business contact manager component of Outlook. Any suggestions? Regards Carlos ...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

Manager and POS doesn't open.
Hi every one. Most of the times when I open administrator & connect the database, the manager and POS doesn't open, after restart the computer again both start working. Any body have some idea please help me. Thanks Hi Akbar It happens with me somtimes, just pres Ctrl+Alt+Delete, you will find them in Task manager, end task & reopen again. I hope it works -- Ibrahim Zubair "Akbar Mian" wrote: > Hi every one. > > Most of the times when I open administrator & connect the database, the > manager and POS doesn't open, after restart the comp...

Will my External Hard Drive work on Windows 7?
Hi all, Just picked up a Western Digital EHD for my current XP system. However, we may be upgrading soon to a 64-bit WIndows 7 system. The box (it was made before W7 was released) does not mention compatibility with Windows 7. Will is work anyway? davey1108 wrote: > Hi all, > > Just picked up a Western Digital EHD for my current XP system. > > However, we may be upgrading soon to a 64-bit WIndows 7 system. > > The box (it was made before W7 was released) does not mention compatibility > with Windows 7. Will is work anyway? As long as the ...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

RAM drives for fast access of files
Hi, When I was using Windows98 I had Smartdrv.com in Config.sys which lets me create files in RAM drives, where you could create a "disk drive" in memory that had its own drive letter, and you could store whatever you wanted there, until you shut the computer down, of course. Now I am using WindowsXP, service pack2. I like to do the same in WindowsXP. Currently, only way I know is that I create files in hard disk and access them using fopen, fread, fwrite, etc. This is a slow process, I believe. If I can create files in RAM drive the access will be much faster....

can outlook folders be copied to files on C drive?
I am needing to clean out the folders in my inbox, but do not want to save them individually or in pst files. How can I copy the complete folders to Word so I still have access to pull them up and view them for reference? On 2/26/2010 5:53 AM, Debby A wrote: > I am needing to clean out the folders in my inbox, but do not want to save > them individually or in pst files. How can I copy the complete folders to > Word so I still have access to pull them up and view them for reference? Word is not designed to handle such enormous amounts of data. Please save them as PSTs....

Organizational Chart showing persons under all managers
I am very new to Viso. I want to create an org chart that shows all persons reporting to one leader. I successfully created a chart that has the one leader and all direct reports (I call them Bob's direct reports) but I want to add the next layer of "Bob's direct reports" direct reports. I am using the chart wizard from an excel doc. Is there a specific format I must use? Any information or reference material would be most appreciated. Thank you. Bob (leader) Joe Jane Henry A...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Hard drive setup for Exchange 2003
Can someone help me on how many drives do I need setup for the new installation of the Exchange 2003? Our old 5.5 had couple of drives one for logs and other for store and so on. I understand 2003 is diferent. Thanks, George Different, but not too much different George. Small Business Recommendation Exchange binaries C:\ Page File D:\ Storage Group 1 Databases E:\ (best is RAID1) Storage Group 1 Logs F:\ (best is RAID1) SG 2 DBs G:\ SG 2 Logs H:\ etc I recommend hardware RAID over software RAID (i.e. no dynamic disks). ...

Service Calendar Management
I have been looking at the functionality for the Service Calendar and I could not find a way to efficiently manage what appears in the list of resource/users. Specifically: 1. I don't see the difference between the "Resource" and "User" views. 2. It appears that everyone added as a service user will appear in the Resource/User view. This should not necessarily be the case as if (for example) I'm a scheduler I would not want to see myself in the Service Calendar. 3. Following on this line of thought, I would expect to be able to modify the default views so that I ...

When is Uninstall not Uninstall?
First a sad story. Office 2003/SP 1 Outlook up and running - AOK. Install Lotus Notes Adapter To Outlook. Migration of Lotus Notes Folders begins and then hangs (24 hours). Kill Outlook Process. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. OK, So now all I want is to get outlook back up and running without Lotus Notes. (PST files are backuped up). Uninstall Outlook and leave the rest of office in place. re-boot Install Outlook. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. Uninstall Outlook and leave ...

uninstall query
Hi All , This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric data which i use during the operation of the program, now my requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in my program. Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller? -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "PARIJAT" <parijat...

How do I download a document on a flash drive?
I have a powerpoint presentation and I want to save it to a flash drive. I do not know how to save it to my flash drive. Can someone help me? In My Documents right-click on the file and select Send to and the drive letter for your flash drive. -- Rae Drysdale "Personnel" wrote: > I have a powerpoint presentation and I want to save it to a flash drive. I do > not know how to save it to my flash drive. Can someone help me? This is a Word forum, not a PowerPoint forum, but if you need to "package" your presentation to run on someone else's com...

Managing 2 email addresses in Outlook 7 on Windows Vista
I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same Inbox,Junk Mail, etc. I need to keep these accounts separate. Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel, then user accounts, then mail. Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to click on under user accounts. How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email account I want to receive? Is there a simple way of doing this? Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account? -- Outlook 07 user "Outlook 07 use...

When an uninstall is not an uninstall
I was trying to rectify a problem with WLMail auto sign in. I am asked for my password after every reboot but then can exit and reopen WLMail automatically during the rest of the session. On restart, password request shows again. Anyway, I decided to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. In Add/Remove Programs, I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials, Upload Tool, Sign-In Assistant and Office Add In. I then rebooted. Went into Explorer and deleted any "Live" folders that were there (Admin, Username, All Users). Rebooted. I then reinstalled Mail using Microsoft ...

Mapping USB drive to physical and logical drives
Need to map a USB drive to its Windows physical drive number and logical driver letter. Have software that does so successfully under Windows 7 but not WinXP and need to get it running on WinXP. First call SetupDiGetClassDevs for GUID_DEVINTERFACE_USB_DEVICE, then iterate with SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty for SPDRP_HARDWAREID. When I find an SPDRP_HARDWAREID that matches my USB device vendor and product IDs, I can use the SP_DEVINFO_DATA to extract DevInst. Then map the abovementioned DevInst via CM_Get_Child to a child instance. Then call SetupDiGetClassDevs for GUID_DEVINT...

print customer signature on the reciept from sig cap device
I have added this as a sugestion to MS for an improvement to RMS, please let me know your thoughts. I know of the add-ons but dont want to use them.... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...

How can I import Outlook messages from a hard drive folder?
Discovered after deleting backup.pst from an external hard drive that my import to Outlook 2007 did not complete. However, there are intact Outlook folders--including messages--on that external drive. How can I import those folders, with contents, since they are not in any import format Outlook recognizes? What format are they in? Not a PST presumably? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon ...

Publisher 2002 and PDF (color management)
I have a newsletter designed in Publisher 2002 in RGB (a Publisher newsletter template). In order for printing, I had to convert the document to CMYK and then to a .pdf. After .pdf coversion, the document was once again RGB. I know my .pdf settings are correct and believe this might be a publisher problem. Then again, I could be wrong... Would appreciate any insight. THANKS To produce a CMYK PDF you will need QABOT (Quite a Box of Tricks) or Enfocus Pitstop. Most printers have either of those software tools. -- Print your publisher file to the Acrobat Distiller. Then open the resulting ...

splitting dbase in a different network drive
Hello experts, I'm almost done with my dbase but i didn't realize that this issue will come out. My dbase is loc in our network server G:\myfolder\dbase.mdb and planning to split save in the same loc. The problem now, users of this dbase are in diff site, yes they can access in our network server but with different drive letter. Instead of G:\folder\dbase.mdb they have S:\myfolder\dbase.mdb or Y:\myfolder\dbase.mdb and others. What should I do for the user or on the dabase so they don't need to relinked their tables. Is their a way that once I split the dbase the drive will...