can't sign files bigger than 1 GB

Hello,

I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying
to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this
error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete."
Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can
files bigger than 1 GB can be signed?

Thank you in advanced.

amatcovici wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying
> to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this
> error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete."
> Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can
> files bigger than 1 GB can be signed?
>
> Thank you in advanced.

This is what my search engine found. I have no idea what the
implications are, of using an alternate technique.

*******

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa387764

   "When signing an executable file that is larger than approximately
    300 megabytes for use on a computer running Windows XP with
    Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later, you should use catalog signing with
    the MakeCat tool rather than use the SignTool tool. Depending on the
    available system resources of the computer on which the file is verified,
    some applications may not be able to verify the binary signature of a
    large file. For more information, see KB article 922225."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922225

MakeCat

    Paul
0
Paul

1: cc rebates 2: house value
2 questions: Credit Card Rebates: One of my credits cards gives me a rebate credit for every dollar charged on the card. At the bottom of the statement there is always a credit amount listed (1% of whatever I charged that month) Question: What's the best way to categorize this rebate? It's not really income, is it? It's a rebate on a charge (expense). House value: The value of my house has increased over the last two years (gotta love the housing market). I know you can update the value of the asset. What's the best way to categorize this? It's not really income, ...

File Attributes Column
How can I display a "file attributes" column in Outlook 2000 when viewing files and directories? ...

can,t load files
Publisher stalls when I try to load a file. I can start a new file, but after saving the file I am unable to load the file file back into Publisher. Thanks for information available. ...

Sent file
I no longer have any emails in my "sent" file. I deleted the older group and now when I send an email it doesn't go into the "sent" file. How can I get this "sent" file to operate as it should? Check the View on your sent items folder and make sure it isn't set to "unread messages" "Michael T. Avery" <averbkk@msn.com> wrote in message news:02f401c34890$e5c04760$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I no longer have any emails in my "sent" file. I deleted > the older group and now when I send an email it doesn't go > int...

Passport sign-in unsuccessful SOLUTION!!!
ok, i was getting the sign-in unsuccessful error that many money users seem to be having. after doing an extensive search here on google groups and did all suggested solutions it still wasn't working - so what i did was to go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ and delete the Money folder with all its subfolders (there was \12.0\something with xml files in them). after that passport sign-in worked like a charm. hope this helps anyone who has the problem Thank you for your helpful tip. It did work on my computer as well. I was so anno...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

axDrawing.Document.Application.ActiveWindow.Selection.Cut (1);
Hi I have a Visio Drawing Control in a C# form. While trying to run the Cut() method I noticed that I should supply it with a flag while the commad list which pops up doesn't show soemthing like that. Any idea ? Thanks. ...

Win7, IE8, CRM, Outlook, IFD, self-signed cert, certificate error
Strange problem - I've got CRM 4.0 running with IFD. IFD works fine from Internet Explorer. There is a self-signed certificate. In IE, IFD & the self-signed cert works fine, either with a warning or if the cert is installed to the local PC, with no warning. In Outlook, IFD has been working fine for many months. I've just noticed a a few Windows 7 clients that the Outlook client fails with invalid certificate errors. The client loads fine and integrates the Outlook navigation interface, but if the user tries to open any CRM item, gets a 'navigation blocked' error. ...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Can't Access to a file
Hi, I am trying to create html file using XML and XSL (with XmlDataDocument and XslTransform objects) within asp.net 2003 app. Keep getting : "...test.html" is denied. here is the code: ------------------- XmlDataDocument xmlDoc= new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDoc.DataSet.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("test.xml")); XslTransform tran= new XslTransform(); tran.Load(Server.MapPath("test.xsl")); XmlTextWriter w= new XmlTextWriter(Server.MapPath("test.html"),System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); tran.Transform(xmlDoc, null,w); w.Close(); thanks, Nimrod Rotner Nimrod ...

Wants to email a file
I created a flyer and I wish to email it to my friends but some of them do not have Publisher. Is there a solutions? Thnaks, Slieh You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial program PDF-XChange that goes for ~$40 US. PC Magazine, Aug 5 issue compares 11 pdf programs with PDF-XChange sharing...

Why does Excel create multiple copies of the same file?
I have been using an Excel file called Ticklers for a long time. When I open it now it opens three files called Ticklers:1, Ticklers:2 and Ticklers:3. I have never made these extra files. Why is it happening? This is the same file, just different windows, like three tv screens showing the same reality from different angles. Close two of them using the inner X up rignt to get rid of them. HTH. Best wishes Haralkd "TJRUFF" <TJRUFF@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:3D635565-F0A3-4630-B45D-3F0BDE951D24@microsoft.com... > I have been using an Excel file call...

Importing CSV files into Excel #2
Running Excel 2003. Upgraded it specifically to import (cut and paste) CSV files. Our brokerage house runs 2003 and does cut and paste the *.csv file. It will not work on our machine. I've loaded the Office Converter Pack, and no difference. All of the MS help files indicate Excel will convert CSV files (presumably without an external Macro). Any help out there? In Excel, select File - Open. Navigate to the CSV file, (make sure you select Files of Type: All Files in the lower portion of the File-Open Dialog). Select your CSV file, click Open and then an import wizard will a...

tlb files
Programming in VC++ 6.0. I have created an active X with a Method that has LPCTSTR as an argument. When this activeX is included in Excel work book( VBA) and I try to reference this method, I keep getting "Type Mismatch error". I was told that the tlb files need to be manipulated! Does any one know how to change or manipulate tlb files. Hope this helps. VC++ Code long CABCCtrl::OpenAVI( LPCTSTR strFileName ) { ..................... ..................... } VBA Code If MaxTRAQX.OpenAVI(strFN) <> 0 Then ---------- the error occurs at this line ...

DOTX type files
I am having problems converting dotx type files made with Office 07 with my Officer XP , I downloaded the Compatability Pack and I am still having problems any ideas? Word versions prior to Word 2007 are incompatible with Word 2007 templates. The compatibility pack allows the editing of Word 2007 *documents* only. If you want to edit or create a Word 2007 template you will need Word 2007. If you want to create a template compatible with both versions crete a word97-2003 DOT template. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&g...

Locating Outlook Notes Files
I had a computer windows clash. The hard drive has to be reformated in order for my computer tostart the windows agian. Fortunately, I had another hard drive, and I switched my old hard drive to new hard drive, installed Windows in my new hard drive, and manage to start the computer again. Now I could go to F: drive (which used to be my C: drive), and save all my important files to my current C: drive (new hard drive with fresh new Windows installation). This way, I could save a lot of Excel, Access, and Word files. However, I had many important Outlook Notes in my original hard drive, an...

PSt-Files after deinstallation
hello ng, whats about pst-files from outlook 2003 after deinstallation? I�ve deinstalate unfortunately my office 2003 (winxp) and i cannot find any pst-files. thanks pst files are hidden files. You'll need to "include hidden files" when you do your search or show hidden files from Windows Explorer (right click start button > explore > tools > folder options > view > show hidden files and folders). -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "peter-se" <pe...

Security for Shared GP and FRX files
Does anyone know the basic security permissions needed for the shared GP (reports.dic and OLE Notes) and FRX (SysData)? Thanks! Hi Marisol, I have some article numbers for FRx and VBA. Do you use Integration Manager? For FRx there is a KB article: 860874 (this is most current) An older article regarding FRx: 873953 An even older article regarding FRx: 858661 Launching using a UNC path causing problems KB 860874 Using VBA 860874 I'd also like to mention these will be Share Permissions (vs NTFS permissions). Leslie "Marisol" wrote: > Does any...

IDX files
Hi, I just noticed that I now have hundreds of IDX files in my "My Documents" folder. They all were created on 11/12/03, and have a size of 32 bytes. Are these necessary, or can I delete them without impacting any files I may still be using? Thanx, Kevin Johnson ...

Date in cell shows as pound signs
Using Excel 2000. I have pre-formated worksheets in which the date columns are formatted to show the date style as 12-Nov-03. All worked fine until yesterday when the entries began to show up as pound signs. When I look at the formatting for the cell, it appears to be formatted correctly. I have checked with entries entered before yesterday and the formatting appears the same. My knowledge of the program is fairly rudimentary but I thought I could do the basic cell formatting by clicking Format, Cells, Number, Catagory - Date, etc. What am I missing here? Most grateful for your help....

Format Cells based on 1 or 2 Cell(s)
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a combo box in the first two columns (selections are Create, Delete, and Modify). I would like to set the conditional formatting to change Cells A:AE green for Create, Red for Delete and Yellow for Modify for the particular row. I have tried the Conditional Formatting option, using the Formula Is option, with the formula ="Create" and =If ($A:$AE="Create) and neither works. I have been building a database all day and can't see straight, which could be part of the problem. Any one out there able to help a guy stuck in T.O.? Thanks Muc...

Printing Messages from Sent file
I send many messages with attachments. I want to be able to print the sent message and have it show the attached file name. I have been unable to find a way to do that within the settings. Is it possible? Can anyone help? Thanks. go to tools and click on print email with attachment----- Paul D wrote: ---- I send many messages with attachments. I want to be able to print the sent message and have it show the attached file name. I have been unable to find a way to do that within the settings. Is it possible? Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2000 stm files
My setup is Exchange 2k in Windows 2k server. The size of priv1.edb is approx 12 GB and pub.edb 6,5 GB. The size of priv1.stm is 6,7 GB and pub1.stm 1,5 GB. The stm files are not deleted after the store starts up. I also get an information error in the event that 'online defragmentation of priv1.edb was interrupted and terminated' My problem is that backup (Windows 2k backup) assumes stm files are part of the store and therefore my backup data are approx 24 GB. Your stm files are part of the stores. In Exchange 200x, the private database is mae up of two file priv.edb and priv....

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

how to eliminate ####sign and shortcut signs..
ie1: For instance keyed in 11111111111 in the cell, endup displaying 1.111111E+17 Qns: How to display my desired data which is '11111111111'. ie2: Intend to key '111,112,113....120' on cell, given 'pre-adjusted' column and numbers continue on next row below and next. Given '111,112....120' taken up 3rows and able to fill ideally,without the outcome shown ###### sign. 'Resize' column/row adviced, i just wanted the numbers to fill in my pre-adjusted field Preformat that cell as Text or start your entry with a leading apostrophe: '123,123,123,12...