Can't clear print queue

How do I clear the print queue?
I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
/WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.

The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

"Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

What happened when you deleted the files in the Printers folder? Did any of
them stay behind? Any screen message?

0
Pegasus
3/28/2010 4:58:53 PM
"Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

Have you restarted the PC?

0
Patrick
3/29/2010 1:37:43 AM
You just need to right-Click on the systems tray icon for the printer and
then select open.  You can now delete the jobs listed in there but you need
to be an administrator or a user who sent the job in the first place.

hth

"Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

0
LD55ZRA
3/29/2010 2:06:15 AM
First of all, the problem went away, but it might return. Re the replies:

before trying the way I listed, I already tried the way suggested by LD55ZRA.

when I deleted the files in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, nothing was
left, but the printer queue stayed occupied. I didn't reboot the PC. What
seems to have worked was that I closed that window that I got from "opening"
the printer. Before that I disconnected the printer, turned it off - didn't
help.

> First of all, the problem went away, but it might return. Re the replies:
>
> before trying the way I listed, I already tried the way suggested by
> LD55ZRA.
>
> when I deleted the files in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, nothing was
> left, but the printer queue stayed occupied. I didn't reboot the PC. What
> seems to have worked was that I closed that window that I got from
> "opening"
> the printer. Before that I disconnected the printer, turned it off -
> didn't
> help.

I think you were deceived. Cleaning out the Printers folder is a
non-approved way of doing things and your printer screen will not update
itself automatically. If you did a screen refresh (e.g. with F5) then you
would immediately see an empty print queue.

0
Pegasus
3/29/2010 10:08:25 AM
Herzl Regev wrote:
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

You may have to build in a pause (the "ping" command).

The following batch file works for me:

@echo off
echo.
echo Purging the print queue . . .
net stop Spooler
echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
ping localhost -n 4 > nul
del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
net start Spooler
echo Done!
ping localhost -n 4 > nul

0
HeyBub
3/30/2010 8:33:48 PM
HeyBub wrote:
> Herzl Regev wrote:
>> How do I clear the print queue?
>> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
>> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>>
>> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.
>
> You may have to build in a pause (the "ping" command).
>
> The following batch file works for me:
>
> @echo off
> echo.
> echo Purging the print queue . . .
> net stop Spooler
> echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
> ping localhost -n 4 > nul
> del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
> net start Spooler
> echo Done!
> ping localhost -n 4 > nul

Actually, when taking a second look at the batch file you will see that
all that the ping command does is give the user a bit of time to see and
read the echo...

John
0
John
3/30/2010 8:39:57 PM

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
> HeyBub wrote:
>> Herzl Regev wrote:
>>> How do I clear the print queue?
>>> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
>>> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>>>
>>> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.
>>
>> You may have to build in a pause (the "ping" command).
>>
>> The following batch file works for me:
>>
>> @echo off
>> echo.
>> echo Purging the print queue . . .
>> net stop Spooler
>> echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
>> ping localhost -n 4 > nul
>> del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
>> net start Spooler
>> echo Done!
>> ping localhost -n 4 > nul
>
> Actually, when taking a second look at the batch file you will see that
> all that the ping command does is give the user a bit of time to see and
> read the echo...
>
> John

The batch file comes out of my kitchen and yes, this was exactly the purpose
of the ping command. Some day, if you're interested, I'll explain the
contortions I had to go through to get around the UAC restrictioins under
Windows 7 . . .

0
Pegasus
3/30/2010 11:14:05 PM

"Herzl Regev" wrote:

> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

Cheque printing
Does anyone have experience of using a cheque printer? We are using an Epson TM-H6000III cheque / receipt printer with RMS 2.0. When tendering a cheque the system prints validation details on one side. RMS then prompts for the cheque to be re-inserted and it prints the sales receipt on the cheque. I was expecting company name, cheque value, date, etc... to be printed on the cheque, not the receipt. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Print out is different from Print Preview for a Multi-Column report
I've created a multi-column report that prints labels in the first column of each page. Everything looks fine on the screen when I print preview. However when I print out the report, the labels do not print out on the first page but the rest of the pages are fine. Can anyone out there help me? The VBA code is below. Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Dim i As Integer If (Me.Left = 720 Or Me.Left = 1800) And Me.Page > Me.NewPage.Caption Then Me.NextRecord = False For i = 1 To 24 Me("b" &a...

OE6 stopped printing
I haven`t printed any thing for a while but the last time it was fine, the print button is not greyed out but when I click it ......nothing no error messages. File>Print and Ctrl>Print is the same, but if I click Addresses>Print it will print my address book. I made a new identity to try but that didn`t work :-( All other programs print ok Firefox, Foxit, wordpad Ect. but not my emails. OE6 WinXPsp3 Thanks Kim In what folder is the e-mail you are trying to print? Is the Preview Pane enabled? Does Ctrl+P start the printer? -- Bruce Hagen MS-...

Printing emails from Outlook
When I print emails from outlook attachment names do not come out. For example instead of showing the Word icon with 'document1.doc' underneath it (as it appears on screen), the printed page will show the Word icon with a series of random characters (such as squares, arrows, + signs and x's) underneath it Anyone know how to fix this Thanks I have the same question. I submitted an official question to the MSDN site. Hope we get a response. This may have been an oversight; too important a feature to just drop. I figure it will be fixed in next bugfix. John >-----Origin...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

Error printing gift receipt
The receipt template posted on Knowlege Network printed a regular receipt with price information. I changed some items on the template file from "true" to "false" and the gift receipt printed fine with 2 small problems: 1. Error message:"Compiler Error:Token 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNumberPrint' was not found. 2. There's only one chance to print when asked if you want to print again on printer2. Gift receipt could not be printed from a journal. Does anyone know what might not be working here?... 1) 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNu...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

Why do I get a print error light trying to print an excel sheet ?
I received a spread sheet by email, saved it to my hard drive. When I print it, it cuts off the first 4 columns, and the error light comes on my printer. I've set the print area and the print set up more than once, my other excel sheets print just fine, as do my other files. Any suggestions? I checked with the sender and it was created on a PC, not a MAC. Try this File | Page setup | Page Tab | Scaling - Fit to 1 page(s) wide by blank tall Pamela "SMC" wrote: > I received a spread sheet by email, saved it to my hard drive. When I print > it, it cuts off the f...

Can Publisher print a book, ie both sides of a sheet?
I wish to write a book of probably 30 pages. Can Publisher do this on both sides of A4 paper? Yes, setup your publication as a booklet. Publisher works in groups of four, your book should be either 28 or 32 pages. You may do better in Word, it is more suitable for long documents, you won't have the hassle of linking text boxes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Don HORSEY" <Don HORSEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88EE377B-9C7A-45B3-B4E6-785DE0EE667F@microsoft.com... >I wish...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

Not printing in the correct font size
I am trying to print a spreadsheet in landscape and when it prints, the font is too small even though I have it set to size 14 in the spreadsheet. Have you set "fit to" options in File/Page Setup On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:17:03 -0800, vmluna <vmluna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to print a spreadsheet in landscape and when it prints, the font >is too small even though I have it set to size 14 in the spreadsheet. ...

Cannot Print Portfolio Money Premium 2005
Suject self-explanatory. Print preview is also grayed out. Numerous other little gotchas relative to account balances. How did it get out of the useability lab. Some of it is as nonintuitive as it comes. This thing does not look like it was ready for prime-time on its release date. Had I known it was this bad, I wouldn't have dropped the $79. The old version of Investor at least worked. -- R. Riley ...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

Printing a dialog box
My code opens some dialog boxes, with buttons and all the rest, and I draw some data of my own on the dialog. I want to print the dialog exactly as it appears on the screen. But because the dialog is not derived from CView or other class that knows how to print, there seems to be no provision for this function. I have succeeded only by recreating the entire thing with a separate routine that is not itself a dialog. There must be an easier way. Does anyone know how? I can make a bitmap copy of the screen and paste it into a graphics program, but that is a kludge. Check out the WM_...

Printing in Publisher 2007 #2
I'm trying to print a 20 page booklet in Publisher 2007. it will only print pages 1-6 and 15-20 even if I manually enter the page numbers under "Print range" and then 1,20,3,18...ect. I never had any problems in Pub. 2000. Any ideas/ Are you trying to print a small booklet, two booklets per sheet? If not, printing the booklet will be straightforward. The least confusing way is to print all 20 pages, re-stack, turn the stack over and print all 20 pages again. You will have two booklets. If you are printing a small booklet, cut the page in half first, setup a custom size...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

print property
Is there anyway to put code behind the print button. I want the program to auto select ranges and print off that area when the print button is pressed without having to go in a set the , print area, page setup, fit to one page for four different parts of a worksheet. Is this possible? Thanks, Right-click the excel LOGO near the File menu, select View Code, on the left dropdown select Workbook, in the right dropdown, select Before Print, and enter whatever code you want there. The stub is: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP "cww...

Attachment Icons not printing with printed e-mail
I am working with Windows 98, Microslft Outlook 2000. When I send an e-mail with an attachment i.e. Word or Excel, in the past I have gone into my Sent folder, called up the e-mail and printed it, and the icons of the attachments I sent with that e-mail would print also. Suddenly it has stopped doing that. I had this problem before, but it "went away" Does anyone know setting I can use to fix this if there is one, or what's going on? Thanks! I think the format of the message has to be plain text in order for the attachment icons to print. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

Slow printing in Word 2004
My Word 2004 prints very slowly compared to opening the same documents in Word X and printing from there. Any Idea? Thanks ...

when printing publisher closes
I used to use Publisher all the time. But, now when I try to print, the moment I change printers, publisher closes completely. I can't seem to print anything. I am not sure as to what to do irina wrote: > I used to use Publisher all the time. But, now when I try to print, > the moment I change printers, publisher closes completely. I can't > seem to print anything. I am not sure as to what to do =================================== Might be a good idea to check the MSOffice site for updates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/FX101321101033.aspx (click "O...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

How do print tri-fold brochure using publisher 2000 of the world t
The template world glob and boarders are not printing how do I set this up. None of the print setting appear to work using an HP-PSC950 Huh? (Translation: I don't understand what you are asking.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mojo" <mojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A8D535-FAC1-45FB-8C36-BF736727323A@microsoft.com... > The template world glob and boarders are not printing how do I set this > up. > None of the print setting appear to work using an HP-PSC950 I use the special paper world wide to create my brochure te...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

Emails stuck in queue #2
I have a few hundred messages that are just sitting in my queue that are to non-existing users. Why doesn't exchange drop these. I know that I can use a receipient filter to drop these messages before they even make it to my mail system, but that is causing a whole other issue. Shouldn't the server recoginize that the user doesn't exist, then return a 550 error (but since I have NDR's disabled, shouldn't it just dropt the message?) If not, is there a way for me to get it to do that?? If you are using Exchange 2003 you can configure the system to drop SMTP sessi...