Can't access appdata

Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get into
the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste. Need to
get to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not show in
the list of available folders. I have windows set so there are NO hidden
folders.
Any suggestions?
0
Slaz

"Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
> Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get into
> the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste. Need to get
> to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not show in the list
> of available folders. I have windows set so there are NO hidden folders.
> Any suggestions?

Why are you copying and pasting? Why not just use Import? What email client?

0
Gordon
11/25/2009 5:11:12 PM
"Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
> Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get into
> the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste. Need to get
> to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not show in the list
> of available folders. I have windows set so there are NO hidden folders.
> Any suggestions?

Maybe because in XP it's called "Application Data" not "Appdata"??????

0
Gordon
11/25/2009 5:14:18 PM
Gordon wrote:

> "Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
>> Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get
>> into the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste.
>> Need to get to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not
>> show in the list of available folders. I have windows set so there are
>> NO hidden folders.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Maybe because in XP it's called "Application Data" not "Appdata"??????
Using Mozilla SeaMonkey. It doesn't have a feature for importing a
"File" ; just gives a choice of importing from "Communicator; Outlook;
outlook Express or Eudora". I don't use any of those readers.
Regardless; why can't I get into AppData? Not using Windows XP; using
Windows 7!
0
Slaz
11/25/2009 5:34:07 PM
> Using Mozilla SeaMonkey. It doesn't have a feature for importing a "File"
> ; just gives a choice of importing from "Communicator; Outlook; outlook
> Express or Eudora". I don't use any of those readers.

An option - make a new Seamonkey Profile in your Documents folder

> Regardless; why can't I get into AppData? Not using Windows XP; using
> Windows 7!

Then why are you posting in an XP group?
What happens when you try? I can get into AppData under my standard User
account just by unchecking "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows
Explorer.

0
Gordon
11/25/2009 5:48:45 PM
Slaz wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>>

>> "Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
>>> Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get
>>> into the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste.
>>> Need to get to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not
>>> show in the list of available folders. I have windows set so there are
>>> NO hidden folders.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Maybe because in XP it's called "Application Data" not "Appdata"??????
> Using Mozilla SeaMonkey. It doesn't have a feature for importing a
> "File" ; just gives a choice of importing from "Communicator; Outlook;
> outlook Express or Eudora". I don't use any of those readers.
> Regardless; why can't I get into AppData? Not using Windows XP; using
> Windows 7!
Problem solved. Thought I had set Windows to show hidden folders. Not!!!
Thanks for your prompt reply.
0
Slaz
11/25/2009 5:50:07 PM
> Problem solved. Thought I had set Windows to show hidden folders. Not!!!
> Thanks for your prompt reply.

YW!

For info:
Win 7 forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

There is also a Win 7 Usenet Newsgroup:
alt.windows7.general

Not all news servers carry it yet.

0
Gordon
11/25/2009 6:04:02 PM
Gordon wrote:

> "Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
>> Problem solved. Thought I had set Windows to show hidden folders. Not!!!
>> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> YW!
>
> For info:
> Win 7 forums:
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
>
> There is also a Win 7 Usenet Newsgroup:
> alt.windows7.general
>
> Not all news servers carry it yet.
Thanks for the info about Windows 7 News Groups. Was under the
impression that there weren't any!
0
Slaz
11/25/2009 7:08:06 PM
Truthfully there aren't any Windows 7 newsgroups, but Microsoft does
have some Windows 7 Web Forums.  There's a BIG difference between the
two.  Web Forums are hosted on a limited number of servers, and are read
using your Web browser.  NNTP newsgroups are hosted on hundreds of
servers, and messages are usually read using newsreader software.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

0
Roy
11/25/2009 9:20:29 PM
Roy Smith wrote:
> Truthfully there aren't any Windows 7 newsgroups, but Microsoft does
> have some Windows 7 Web Forums.  There's a BIG difference between the
> two.  Web Forums are hosted on a limited number of servers, and are read
> using your Web browser.  NNTP newsgroups are hosted on hundreds of
> servers, and messages are usually read using newsreader software.
>
> On 11/25/2009 1:08 PM, Slaz wrote:
>> Gordon wrote:
>>>

>>> "Slaz"<theslaz@test.net>  wrote in message
>>>
>>> YW!
>>>
>>> For info:
>>> Win 7 forums:
>>>
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>>>
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
>>>
>>> There is also a Win 7 Usenet Newsgroup:
>>> alt.windows7.general
>>>
>>> Not all news servers carry it yet.
>> Thanks for the info about Windows 7 News Groups. Was under the
>> impression that there weren't any!

That's what I thought!!!
0
Slaz
11/25/2009 11:52:43 PM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:20:29 -0600, Roy Smith <rasmith1959@live.com>
wrote:

> Truthfully there aren't any Windows 7 newsgroups,

*Not correct*. Microsoft has decided that web-based
forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
not mine.

However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
here's one free news server that does: aioe.org

> but Microsoft does
> have some Windows 7 Web Forums.  There's a BIG difference between the
> two.  Web Forums are hosted on a limited number of servers, and are read
> using your Web browser.  NNTP newsgroups are hosted on hundreds of
> servers, and messages are usually read using newsreader software.
>
> On 11/25/2009 1:08 PM, Slaz wrote:
> > Gordon wrote:
> >>

> >> "Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> YW!
> >>
> >> For info:
> >> Win 7 forums:
> >>
> >> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
> >>
> >> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
> >>
> >> There is also a Win 7 Usenet Newsgroup:
> >> alt.windows7.general
> >>
> >> Not all news servers carry it yet.
> > Thanks for the info about Windows 7 News Groups. Was under the
> > impression that there weren't any!
>
> --
>
> Roy Smith
> Windows XP Pro SP3

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
11/26/2009 12:54:32 AM
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:20:29 -0600, Roy Smith<rasmith1959@live.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Truthfully there aren't any Windows 7 newsgroups,
>

> *Not correct*. Microsoft has decided that web-based
> forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
> there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
> not mine.
>
> However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
> alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
> here's one free news server that does: aioe.org
>

>> but Microsoft does
>> have some Windows 7 Web Forums.  There's a BIG difference between the
>> two.  Web Forums are hosted on a limited number of servers, and are read
>> using your Web browser.  NNTP newsgroups are hosted on hundreds of
>> servers, and messages are usually read using newsreader software.

>>> Thanks for the info about Windows 7 News Groups. Was under the
>>> impression that there weren't any!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Roy Smith
>> Windows XP Pro SP3

Well; my News Server doesn't carry it; therefore I stick by statement
that there are none!
0
Slaz
11/26/2009 5:48:23 PM
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:48:23 GMT, Slaz <theslaz@test.net> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:20:29 -0600, Roy Smith<rasmith1959@live.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Truthfully there aren't any Windows 7 newsgroups,
> >

> > *Not correct*. Microsoft has decided that web-based
> > forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
> > there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
> > not mine.
> >
> > However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
> > alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
> > here's one free news server that does: aioe.org

> Well; my News Server doesn't carry it; therefore I stick by statement
> that there are none!

LOL! That's like saying "my used car dealer doesn't have any
Rolls-Royces for sale, therefore I stick by my statement that they
don't exist."

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

Different ways to extract data from Access to Excel
I have been using Access 2003 and 2007 to read and do simple data (not design) repairs to old Jet databases that underlie a legacy proprietary data collection program my company uses. My latest challenge is to automate the extraction of certain data from the tables and put it in an Excel spreadsheet. Each time the extraction is done it would involve finding a certain table, searching for a record that meets the new criteria in a certain field, then moving over to another certain field and extracting the text, number, or date therein. I would really appreciate if anyone could point out ...

Access 2007
How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. Thanks, Mike In form design view, select the controls that you want to ungroup, click on the "Arrange" tab above, then click on "Remove" (fourth button from the left in the Arrange toolbar) HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "Mike" wrote: > How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. > > Thanks, > Mike Wow that was right under my nose and I was missing it. Thanks! "Beetle" wrote: > In form design view, select the con...

Command Buttons Don't Work in Access 2007
Hello: I'm sure there's a quick and easy answer to this question. After doing all of my previous work in Access 2003, I just installed Access 2007. Much to my surprise, the first time I opened a custom form, none of the command buttons on my form worked. I couldn't open a report, save a record, run a query, etc. Can someone please explain why. In addition, can you also take a couple of moments to highlight any significant changes I should be aware of and kind of point me in the right direction to make the transition to 2007 go a little smoother. Thanks, Robert "Rober...

Return to access (activate access)
Hi ! I have a code to send e-mail from Access, and then Outlook is on top of the screan. How do I get Access on top again? //Lasse ...