C: Drive documents and setting expansion

Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of
the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would
like to have it expand differently.

What do I need to change so that can happen??

Thanks..

0
Bruce

Bruce A. Julseth wrote:
> Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an
> expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and
> Settings" and would like to have it expand differently.
>
> What do I need to change so that can happen??

1. You could stop using the start button to get to Explorer; instead, press
Winkey + E to get to the computer name unexpanded.

2. If you want to go directly to a specific folder you could make a shortcut
to it.  If the shortcut is on your desktop it can be given a keyboard
combination to invoke it.

3. You could get a program such a Hot Key Plus to do #2.  It is much more
versatile and one can make keyboard shortcuts to do about anything...open
Explorer to a given folder or file, open any web page, start any program...
http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
12/28/2009 12:51:25 PM
"dadiOH" <dadiOH@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bruce A. Julseth wrote:
>> Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an
>> expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and
>> Settings" and would like to have it expand differently.
>>
>> What do I need to change so that can happen??
>
> 1. You could stop using the start button to get to Explorer; instead,
> press Winkey + E to get to the computer name unexpanded.
>
> 2. If you want to go directly to a specific folder you could make a
> shortcut to it.  If the shortcut is on your desktop it can be given a
> keyboard combination to invoke it.
>
> 3. You could get a program such a Hot Key Plus to do #2.  It is much more
> versatile and one can make keyboard shortcuts to do about anything...open
> Explorer to a given folder or file, open any web page, start any
> program...
> http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/
>

> --
>
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Thanks for the response. WinKey-E works great..

I also seem to recall reading about a registry change I could make to have
change the folder "Start" opens.  I don't recall what operating system that
was on. Can someone if that still exists and how to make those changes...

0
Bruce

Whenever I try to route a document from Word
I get this message: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you wish to allow this?" and then it goes on about if you don't expect this, it may be a virus and to select No. Is this some type of setting I can shut off or is this normal? I'm only sending the doc internally around the office, why is the security so paranoid? Can I turn this off somehow? Thanks viv <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get this message: "A program is trying to access email > addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do...

settings tab
New system setup, and I set myslef up a the 1st and only user so far. Using the Web-based interface, I don't see the settings tab for configuring the system. What am I missing? If you have installed the Outlook client for CRM, you can not have Outlook open at the same time as the web interface, or you won't be able to view the Settings area (there's a workaround for this which you can find on the newsgroup). Also, once you can access your user record, open it and deselect "Restricted Access." -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "leec" wro...

How can I include 2 maps (in "My Documents") in a newsletter?
I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate into a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the printer by e-mail. How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter copy, as two pages, for transmission to the printer? What format are your maps in? What version of Publisher are you using? What version of Windows are you using? What format does your printer want the final output to be in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

DELL 5150 f1 - (to continue) / f2
cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will show this message Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to boot straight to window. The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1 // drive...

How to explicitly set the regional code of an individual spreadsheet
Hi, is there a way to explicitly set the regional code for an excel spreadsheet individually? Thanks. No, you can't set it individually for each sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Scott Steiner" <big_poppa_pump3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4381C328.B1DC9B0E@yahoo.com... > Hi, > > is there a way to explicitly set the regional code for an excel > spreadsheet individually? > > Thanks. ...

no default reminder set when importing an .ics?
It looks like the Outlook setting to create a reminder (at a preset time) on any calendar items is ignored when imported from an .ics file. Any work arounds/fixes short of manually setting the reminder every time?? ...

Drive letter still there but says not formatted now
Weird. D: appears to be still there but when I click on it, it says drive is unformatted, do you want to format? Any ideas how to fix this? If I do choose to format, what are the chances of recovering files that were on there before format? How about a little background, sparky? If you format you'll lose everything on it. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2a7b5fef-ca36-489b-ab7e-cfc96cd7f1ae@24g...

Why would someone get a read receipt if it wasn't set
Outlook 2000 Windows 2k Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for that. It happened on two internal messages. Are you using Exchange with Outlook? If yes, the default behavior of Outlook 2000 with Exchange is to send a read receipt. The option is normally greyed out so the user cannot change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Crimson asked: | Outlook 2000 | Windows 2k | | Someon...

Opening Mulitiple Tabs In Pivot & Setting Print Area
Hi-All, Newbie here---- Is there a way to open multiple tabs of information in a pivot table at the same time, do a select all, and then select a print area or am I going about this the wrong way. I have a pivot table that I am working with and when you click on certain cells it displays additional sheets of information i.e. name, address, phone, etc..., but I only need parts of the individual sheets(name & phone numbers). There must be 500 cells on the pivot table that have to be opened to obtain the information I need, so you can see how time consuming it could get to try to click on...

Problem: Outlook 2003 and Security settings
Regarding mail from tech publications - I can't see the images anymore. Totally crippling. Under Tools --> Options --> Security --> Download Pictures both "Don't download pictures...." and "Warn me before downloading...." are TURNED OFF (boxes not checked). Actually, I never messed with those settings. Images on mails sent to me just turned off one fine day. No matter how many times I check those options on and off, it does not resolve the issue. Regards ...

problem with creating mat files from C++ (visual studio 2005)
Hi, I am having trouble creating mat files from my visual studio 2005 express. For example, the matcreat.c file that is given as an example in the mathworks site, produced 13 linking errors of this type: 1>Linking... 1>matcreat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxGetString referenced in function _main (...) this happened although I set up the VC++ directories for include files and libraries to point to the matlab\extern\include and matlab\extern\lib\ respectively. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you ilias PS. Some secondary questions I have: (a) mex -setup...

Setting spelling default
I have W2kSP4 with Office XP SP3. When I write an email and prior to sending, it checks the spelling. It comes up with English (US). I have checked the default in Tools/Options/Spelling and it advises correctly that the language is English (UK). What do I do to permanently set the default to English (UK)?? Thanks R ...

How can I create an XSD document based on an XML file content?
Is it possible to create your won XSD to use with .NET based on an XML content? For example the one below: <?xml version="1.0"?> <pcats:FuelsDoc xmlns="http://www.naxml.org/Retail-EDI/Vocabulary/2003-10-16" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="NAXML-FuelPrice15.xsd"> <pcats:TransmissionHeader> <pcats:TransmissionId>200706040938</pcats:TransmissionId> <pcats:TransmissionDate>2007-06-04</pcats:TransmissionDate> <pcats:TransmissionTime>09:38:19-06:00</pcats:Transmis...

Contact Form Changed with Regional Setting Change
I recently had to change my Windows XP "Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advanced/Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Chinese (PRC)" in order to view Chinese characters in a translation software package. Just to be clear - my Windows system is still in English - this setting just allows my Chinese software characters to also show up. Strangely, after the above change, the form layout in Outlook 2003 changed. Most significantly, the "Full Name" button is no longer available on the main page, which makes editing of names difficult ...

Setting Out Off Office Assistant Server Side
Hi, I have an employee who is off sick. I would like to set an out of office assistant for her. The only way i can see to do is to logon to her machine as her and set it. Is there any way to set the out of office assistant on the server side. I'm running exchange 2003 and office XP. Any help would be GREAT!!! Thanks in advance. Simon Not by default, there is a third-party app that lets you do this: http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Simon" <simonrlee22@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Trigger action in C# executable from web application
Hello, We have this web application (it's developed in C#, but that really does not matter), and part of it's functionality is to print some data on a specific kind of printer that's attached to the user's PC. The printer will print if a file to print is placed in specific configured folder in the PC's local file system. So the web app that resides in the browser, pretty ignorant about the PC where it is running on, needs to trigger a local process that will result in the file created in the needed place. Right now we go with rather heavy solution - a local web...

Document Connection crashes when adding a sharepoint site

Checking a net drive
How do I check if a mapped drive is available and how do I get a return value which can be used for testing the avalability. I psudocode something like: If netdrive("Compagny-net/allusers") then bla.. bla end if Kind regards Leif Rasmussen New in Excel VBA but facinated. Leif, You need a reference to "Microsoft Scripting Runtime" library (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SCRRUN.DLL). You can get to it via Tools | References in the VBE (Visual Basic Editor). It has a lot of great methods. Look through the object browser once you've set the reference. In the meanti...

Receiveing a Microsoft Document in Word
Hi Guys Recently I was sent a word document by a colleague that contained algebraic equations. Upon receiving the document I noticed that it had black boxes where the equations would be instead of the equations. I have Microsoft Office for Mac on my Powerbook.Fortunately I also have VirtualPC on my Powerbook with Office Professional also installed for emergencies. I was able to access the document properly that way. The question I have is what might have caused this and can I correct this problem. I was under the impression that with Office for Mac these problems would be eliminated. In art...

complex script settings
Hi all, This is a difficult one and i doubt there is a soluton but here goes.. I am currently using one note2007 for my arabic classes but unfortunately the default for arabic is font arial size 14. I would like to set this to font Traditional arabic size 20 ad bold. I know that this can be done in word 2007 but cant find an option for this in the menus for onenote ...it only allows for setting one default for normal (EN) script. There must be some settings i can change via the registry as the program is using somekind of database to reference when i change the keyboa...

Exchange doesn't respond when trying to change user settings
Hello all, I have a Windows NT 4.0 Server running Exchange 5.5. The problem is when I try to change e-mail information on a user thru the Exchange Administrator application, it will sit like it is locked up for approximately 2 minutes and then say it is not responding, try again later. Do I need to shut down any services before making changes? Thanks! ...

USB Flash Drive blinks and disappears
Hi, I am trying to connect my KODAK USB Flash drive to my HP Pavilion laptop(Windows Vista). Whenever I try to plug in the USB drive, the Autoplay pop up appears and quickly disappears. The same appears in My Computer screen. The USB Drive appears and before I could click on it it disappears. The blink and miss keeps on happening unless I plug out the USB drive. I have tried to use other USB devices with my HP laptop and it works fine. I gave also tried to use the KODAK USB Flash Drive with another laptop having Windows XP and it works fine. I am not sure why the issue is happenin...

Problems Uninstalling Office 2004 Test Drive from Mac #2
Hi, I use a Mac with OSX Tiger. I installed an Office 2004 test drive, but then bought an Office X and started using it. I uninstalled Office 2004 test drive, but now whenever I try opening an office document (word, powerpoint or excel), the Office 2004 dialogue box pops up and tells me that the test drive has expired, though what I am trying to do is open using Office X. To avoid this currently I have to right click and say open with Office X. Is there anyway I can avoid the Office 2004 dialogue box popping up? Can I open the documents with Office X by just double clicking on that. All help a...

How do I print 2 copies of a Publisher document on an A4 sheet
Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. Setup your printer for A4, in page layout select custom, landscape, type 14.8cm width, 20.997cm height. The dialogue should say "Prints two copies per sheet." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB398094-C64A-4642-AEED-E686513932D5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. ...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...