C: Drive documents and setting expansion

Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of
the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would
like to have it expand differently.

What do I need to change so that can happen??

Thanks..

0
Bruce

Bruce A. Julseth wrote:
> Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an
> expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and
> Settings" and would like to have it expand differently.
>
> What do I need to change so that can happen??

1. You could stop using the start button to get to Explorer; instead, press
Winkey + E to get to the computer name unexpanded.

2. If you want to go directly to a specific folder you could make a shortcut
to it.  If the shortcut is on your desktop it can be given a keyboard
combination to invoke it.

3. You could get a program such a Hot Key Plus to do #2.  It is much more
versatile and one can make keyboard shortcuts to do about anything...open
Explorer to a given folder or file, open any web page, start any program...
http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
12/28/2009 12:51:25 PM
"dadiOH" <dadiOH@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bruce A. Julseth wrote:
>> Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an
>> expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and
>> Settings" and would like to have it expand differently.
>>
>> What do I need to change so that can happen??
>
> 1. You could stop using the start button to get to Explorer; instead,
> press Winkey + E to get to the computer name unexpanded.
>
> 2. If you want to go directly to a specific folder you could make a
> shortcut to it.  If the shortcut is on your desktop it can be given a
> keyboard combination to invoke it.
>
> 3. You could get a program such a Hot Key Plus to do #2.  It is much more
> versatile and one can make keyboard shortcuts to do about anything...open
> Explorer to a given folder or file, open any web page, start any
> program...
> http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/
>

> --
>
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Thanks for the response. WinKey-E works great..

I also seem to recall reading about a registry change I could make to have
change the folder "Start" opens.  I don't recall what operating system that
was on. Can someone if that still exists and how to make those changes...

0
Bruce

Help: Scroll wheel toggles between up and down, and left and right
I'm hoping that someone can help with this - it's driving me crazy.... Somehow - I can't for the lift of me figure out - I'm hitting something (or accidentally shortcutting something) on my spread sheet that forces the mouse wheel to toggle between scrolling the sheet up and down - as it should, to scrolling the sheet left to right -which is driving me nuts. Anyone know the trick to setting the scroll direction? Thanks for any tips. Office XP or Win XP pro. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Dab, This is normal behaviour for a wheeled mouse when it cannot scroll ...

IE7-cannot set as default
Acer Extensa Notebook WIN XP Pro SP3 - nearly up to date with security updates. IE 7 + OE6 I have been given the above computer and I have been cleaning out all software etc not required. Google Chrome was the default browser with Google as home page. I have tried to set the default browser to IE7. I have been into Cont Panel/Add Remove/Set Prog Access/Custom. I could not get IE to set as default. I removed Google Chrome and although the settings in the new default show that Int Explorer is the browser with enable access, when I click to open it on the desktop or quick launch, ...

Google accounts set to IMAP retrieve duplicate e-mails
Set up accounts as directed in WLM and on Google......IMAP's. The folder tree under the account in WLM contains a set of mail folders that look like WLM created them. Then a "[Gmail]" set of folders was created as a subordinate of the [Gmail] folder. When recieving e-mail duplicate messages are downloaded. One is recieved to the WLM inbox and the other is to the [Gmail] inbox. Is there a way to configure the IMAP interface in WLM to recieve only one message. Note: pop3 accounts only recieve one copy of e-mail + folder tree dose not include a second set of subordinat...

Open, process & print documents without user interface
Hi, I try to create a non-user interface program which gets file name from command line, open and format the document, and print the labels. What application framework can be used? How process print with MFC? Detailed information is appreciated. Thanks, ybc You can directly invoke the Print Dialog using the flags to return the printer DC for the default printer (no UI pops up); this is one of the most expedient ways of getting the printer DC. Just give it a parent window handle of NULL. After that, it's just programming. Use a console app, enable MFC in it if you want to use CSt...

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Deleted files going to /RECYCLER on different drive.
I recently added a new 2Tb partition as F: I haven't used it yet, but it is accumulating deleted files from C:, D:, and E: in F:\RECYCLER Is this supposed to happen? It takes so much more I/O to move deleted files across partitions. What is worse is that the data on the C: drive and F: should NEVER change between partitions, as the partitions are owned by different organisations, and this "cross-seeding" of data is causing some severe security violations. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk On Apr 4, 4:17=A0am, Swif...

How to set inbox message view as HTML automaticly
How to set inbox message view as HTML automaticly Normally messages view in what ever format they were sent in. You can force all messages to show as 'text only' but you can't force HTML. "8 Ball" <8 Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D2F8E12-1274-4D1F-BE9F-D0F1BA36AF29@microsoft.com... > How to set inbox message view as HTML automaticly ...

Setting up an HSA account???
What is the best way to track an HSA (Health Savings Account) in Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business Edition. This is an account that I have with my current employer and has the ability to be invested in 5-6 different types of funds (of my choosing). Can I get someone's suggestion... because it is not mentioned in the Help file or anywhere within a Google search. I was think of just setting up a regular savings account, but how do I track employer contributions as well as tracking the various types of funds (stocks, bonds, etc) the account can be invested in? Thank you in advanc...

Je vous conseille de lire ce document
Je vous conseille de lire ce document en version imprimable si vous utilisez un webmail, merci JE NE VENDS RIEN JE DONNE JUSTE UN TUYAU SUPER A TITRE GRATUIT.....ESSAYEZ C�EST TERRIBLE ***Si vous d�sirez faire autour de 5000? en � peu pr�s 30 jours, je vous demande de lire l'information suivante soigneusement*** Prenez 5 minutes pour lire attentivement cette information. Ce sera la meilleure d�cision que vous n'aurez jamais prise. Ce concept a aid� beaucoup de personnes � gagner 5000? en 30 jours, rien qu'en faisant fonctionner cette ...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

Can't set color in any Office application
I can not set font color in any Office application: Word, Power Point, Excel. I am in 2003 Office version. But also in 2007 i have the same thing. There is the same in WordArt. What may be the reason? Could be a corrupt Office Installation. In Office 2003, try Detect & Repair from the Help Menu and in Office 2007 try Office Diagnostics from any application in Office 2007 suite. hth student25 wrote: >I can not set font color in any Office application: Word, Power Point, Excel. >I am in 2003 Office version. But also in 2007 i have the same thing. There is &g...

Visual C++ to read Strings from Serial Port
Hi. I'm doing a project using Visual C++ to read data from Serial Port. My program needs to do *something* when it receives specific data. For eg, if the program receives "Alarm 1 Zone 4", it will do something. The data received will be variable in length. My questions: 1) Any recommendations for the serial Comm Class for Visual C++? 2) How can i compare the data i receive from serial to the specific messages i'm looking for, eg data types, size of data types, limitations & etc.? Thanks. Any comments are highly appreciated. Leng As far as the serial part goes, it i...

C++ : Is it lots harder than c# and VB
Hi everyone, I learned Java whilst at university and have taught myself c# and VB.net. I think I am ok at it. I was thinking, these languages will probably be bigger in the future so I better get ready for them. But then, I also realised that COM is still quite important and so is C++. So I thought I better just try and have a look at C++ and COM. And now I'm scared. So my question is - why does C++ look so much harder than c#? For example : 1. The methods all have really stupid names that are hard to descern a function from. 2. You need to think about pointers and cleaning up ...

Set curdir from where template was opened
I have an app where there is a templete that resides in a directory, under this directory is a data storage folder, the location of the template can change. Part of the code builds the require directory structure below the template location. Is there a way to set the curdir to where the workbook was opened from ie: where template sits? I am interupting the save process so I can set the name of the file depending on values within a worksheet, it needs to default to the "place where template is"\datastore\"Name I define".xls TIA W Code below FYI: Sub Workbook_Be...

Upgrade from bundled Office Test Drive
My father-in-law has an iMac he purchased last year. The 30-day Office Test Drive has long expired and he's now contemplating purchasing Office 2004. It appears that one must have _licenced_ version of an Office app in order to _upgrade_ vice install a full-up version. I also note that he'll need to remove the Test Drive folder prior to install of the new software. He's looking to me for some assistance and I'm thinking that he'll need to purchase the full-up version. Any thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated. -Will Hi Will - If he has never had a licen...

OT: Setting for posting here
I'm using Outlook Express 6 to access this newsgroup as well as a few others. Where is the setting that I can put jibberish in my email addy that will force people to manually edit it before sending me mail. For example jl_amerson@hotnospammail.com TIA Please explain! -- tool/accounts/news/email address -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone with more" "JL Amerson" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vtf04vqp2qfi88@corp.supernews.com... > I'm using Outlook Express 6 ...

how do i set up a excel program for seniors membership/dues, etc
I need to download a program that will be easy to use. i sign in as confused senior One start is to browse the free templates at MS': http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "completely confused" <completelyconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B304EB05-8C65-46EF-9D44-1A2E12E318B8@microsoft.com... >I need to download a program that will be easy to use. i sign in as >confused > senior ...

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

MFC DLL Calling C# Assembly
I have been trying to get a simple mfc dll I wrote to add to numbers call a C# assembly. Here is a sample of my C++ code in my cpp file. extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) int Calc(int no1,int no2) { //result = no1 + no2; return MangedAdder(no1, no2); } #pragma managed #using <mscorlib.dll> #using <ControllerLibrary.dll> int MangedAdder(int a, int b) { ControllerLibrary::DLLController *t = new ControllerLibrary::DLLController(); return t->AddNumbers(a, b); } All I really need is an extern function in a mfc dll that calls a me...

Type Casting in C and C++
Hello NG As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: double dVal=3.14; float fVal = (float) dVal; but now I've been told that the C++ syntax should do a better job float fVal = static_cast <float>(dVal); for some reason. Is this true? Will the C++ compiler really generate different (better?) code or is it simply more writing I have to do? Thanx Richie >As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: > >double dVal=3.14; >float fVal = (float) dVal; > >but now I've been told that the C+...

database to edit multiple sections of different documents
Hello everyone, Post is kinda long but I really need some help on this one. Any input that can be provided would be great. here is what is going on. For my job i have to edit multiple statements of work. these are documents that have different sections describing the work i will do for a client. Usually when i change one section in a document i have to open up 10 other documents and copy and paste the same verbiage into a section within those documents. this process is getting very time consuming. I had a great idea the other day and started to create a access database that essentially...

Document Not Saved #2
what are reason why i can't save a workbook in excel97/2000(e.g. OQAWW26.xls), error message received: Document Not Saved. any workaround to fix this problem; is there any fixes available in Microsoft. any help would be appreciated. One common problem is you don't have sufficient rights/permissions to save to the drive/folder you're trying to save to. Another problem is that the antivirus program is interferring. Or even network problems. You may want to post more details to get a better response. Carl wrote: > > what are reason why i can't save a workbook in ex...

C, C++ and C# Forums
Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at: http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/ Join us! ...