Buh-bye, see ya!

After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12
Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

Please note that the Internet Explorer and Windows Update forums are *not*
WinXP-specific despite what you see on the WinXP forums home page.  [What
were they thinking?]  To expedite matters, always state you full Windows
version (e.g., WinXP SP3) and current IE version (e.g., IE6; IE7; IE8) when
posting in either of those forums.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

PA

In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:

> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...

.... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
individual.net, etc.

Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

0
Greg
9/12/2010 2:53:55 AM
Greg

Actually your absence there will be very welcomed by all at the MS Forums. I can
already see the mess that you and the others will create on those NNTP servers that
will carry this newsgroup

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Greg Russell" <grussell@example.con> wrote in message
> In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:
>
>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>
> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
> individual.net, etc.
>
> Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

0
Peter
9/12/2010 4:20:36 AM
+1

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Greg
>
> Actually your absence there will be very welcomed by all at the MS Forums.
> I can already see the mess that you and the others will create on those
> NNTP servers that will carry this newsgroup
>

> "Greg Russell" <grussell@example.con> wrote in message
>> In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:
>>
>>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>>
>> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
>> individual.net, etc.
>>
>> Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

0
PA
9/12/2010 5:32:05 AM
Greg Russell wrote:
> In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:
>
>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>
> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
> individual.net, etc.

Why did you snip the rest of my sentence where I said pretty much the same
thing?  Typical.

> Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

Ur spiel chukkers broke

0
PA
9/12/2010 5:34:39 AM
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:34:39 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>Greg Russell wrote:
>> In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:
>>
>>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>>
>> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
>> individual.net, etc.
>
>Why did you snip the rest of my sentence where I said pretty much the same
>thing?  Typical.

You may have meant to but your statement "After this newsgroup is
dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12
Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific
forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp"
says nothing about Usenet.  Your message addressed only the forums.

--
Remove del for email
0

FYI, MS is pulling the plug on or after 17:00 PDT (UTC -7) today.

Barry Schwarz wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:34:39 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
> <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greg Russell wrote:
>>> In news:e8vEL7eULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>>> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:

>>> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
>>> individual.net, etc.
>>
>> Why did you snip the rest of my sentence where I said pretty much the
>> same
>> thing?  Typical.
>
> You may have meant to but your statement "After this newsgroup is
> dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12
> Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific
> forums:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp"
> says nothing about Usenet.  Your message addressed only the forums.

0
PA
9/12/2010 9:13:07 PM
In news:u#wsBDsULHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:

> FYI, MS is pulling the plug on or after 17:00 PDT (UTC -7) today.

Got some news for ya, Jerky Boy ... M$ doesn't control the plug on Usenet
newsgroups.

0
Greg

Is anyone else tired of seeing Spam Questions in this Newsgroup?
Is there anything that the moderators/designer can do to rid this newsgroup of the Spam clutter? -- MD Not easily. The groups aren't moderated and it's just a reality of newsgroups. I know they try to detect and remove items, but it is not en exact science. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687C9432-3C89-48A6-84D5-EB145F2EB477@microsoft.com... Is there anything that the moderators/designer can do to rid this newsgroup of the Spam clutter? -- MD ...

See Quotes for which a contact is in the Other Contacts list
This used to be possible in 1.2 but for some reason was taken away in version 3.0. The Quotes entity has a "Other Contacts" that allows users to specify the contact within an Organisation (Account) that the Quote was send to. The problem is that when you look at the Contact record and you navigate to the Quotes, the quotes are not shown. Only quotes where the Contact is selected as the Customer are shown. WHY TAKE THIS FUNCTIONALITY AWAY???!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

See image from northwind
How can i see in a picturebox an image stored in the northwind database? I'd like to show the field "photo" of the table Employee of Northwind. I don't find a method of the static class Convert. Thank you. Hi, alberto wrote: > How can i see in a picturebox an image stored in the northwind database? > I'd like to show the field "photo" of the table Employee of Northwind. I > don't find a method of the static class Convert. you'll need to apply a 78 byte offset to Northwind-pictures. Assuming that "arrPicture" is a...

OT: End of an Era
According to Google's current records, the first message I posted to this group was on May 19, 1999. That may or may not be my first post here, since Google has botched the archive up something horrible, but it will suffice for this purpose: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/msg/e8eab1ab29c04c14 With Microsoft closing down their own NNTP servers, I have decided to just get it over with and close them out of my news reader. With that said, this is my last post to their servers. I will continue my NNTP adventures (in possibly this group, ev...

hello hi bye byeeeee
fdngnehnfhn ...

Allow mulitpul users to see a linked excel table at once?
I have an excel sheet that gets refreshed each day. I've linked a table to it. I've split the database and have a copy of the front end on other users desktop computeres so various users can look at the data at the same time. However, when one user is looking at the linked excel file no other user is able to see the linked excel data files. I thought the excel link would be read only and all users could see the data at the same time. ...

How do I see the color of the font my sender is using?
How do I see the color of the font my sender is using? When I ussed OE, I could place the cursor in their message, click on the font, and THEIR color would show up. Now when I try to do that, it shows what I have entered as my default font and color. How do I see the color of the font my sender is using? ...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...

see attached images in reading panel
hello NG, as i am working in the advertising / photography sector, i am receiving a lot of emails with images (jpg, tiff, etc.) attached. i want to see the images instantly, without having to save the attachements to disk first, as i am used to from outlook express. is there any possibility to do that? thanx tom On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:24:42 +0200, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <t-o-m@gmx.net> wrote: >hello NG, > >as i am working in the advertising / photography sector, i am receiving a >lot of emails with images (jpg, tiff, etc.) attached. i want to see the >...

I can't see the graphics in the document I am trying to create
Even tough I can click around on the document and find the pictures, they are invisible. I am trying to create a brochure in publisher but all of the images are invisible. How can I fix this? Thanks! View, pictures, detailed display, if that doesn't work... Read the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ryan J." <Ryan J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:667...

See that pack
--opngxnfjpf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ginrcypm"; type="multipart/alternative" --ginrcypm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lcevzfxxelmdma" --lcevzfxxelmdma Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Can't see my own calendard in Calendars
When I click on the Calendar tab in Outlook 07 I can see all calendars but my own calendar. How do I get it back? "dickaw" <dick.a-w@omsd.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:05C4A2D4-A00D-4144-AB01-F6E025C611A9@microsoft.com... > When I click on the Calendar tab in Outlook 07 I can see all calendars but > my > own calendar. How do I get it back? Do you see your own calendar folder when you use the Folder List view or the Navigation pane? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

I can hear the office assistant but can't see it, want to see it.
For some reason, I can hear the Office Assistant bark, but, I can not see him. How can I make him visible? ...

sort order flag hard to see
Retail Management System - Store Operations This is a fairly minor, picky suggestion. However, it can be annoying. The sort flag (the tiny triangle) used to indicate which column the lookup is sorting by is too hard to see. It is just a shade darker gray than the header where it is located. Could the symbol be set in a different or more contrasting color? My client has a number of employees who have a hard time seeing the flag. Some of them are not the most computer literate people and they need all the help they can get. Thanks, Claude ---------------- This post is a suggesti...

seeing mail box
I how I am in the right place? I am new to exchange and would like to know if I can see mail box on my server? If so how can I do this? I running exchange 2000 and 2003 thank you Once the mailbox has been accessed, you can see that it exists by using "Louie" <lcorrea2firmentertainment.net> wrote in message news:9A4FE7D7-C61E-4572-9003-1B4DED92B810@microsoft.com... >I how I am in the right place? > > I am new to exchange and would like to know if I can see mail box on my > server? If so how can I do this? > I running exchange 2000 and 2003 > > thank y...

Seeing VERSIONINFO under Vista?
This may not be the right place to ask but folk on "....vista.general" appear not to know. I suppose people who program VERSIONINFOs into their applications may know how to see them after compilation, and so.... When I right click on an EXE or DLL file in XP, I can look at its version information. Vista only seems to offer a subset of this. Is there any way (for example) I can read the "SpecialBuild" field of the VERSIONINFO of an executable? Dave -- David Webber Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor' http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see htt...

Buh-bye, see ya!
After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12 Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp Please note that the Internet Explorer and Windows Update forums are *not* WinXP-specific despite what you see on the WinXP forums home page. [What were they thinking?] To expedite matters, always state you full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) and current IE version (e.g., IE6; IE7; IE8) when posting in either of those forums. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE,...

Public Folders Item recovery
I deleted an Exchange 5.5 server from mixed organization - Then I did not see my public folder items --- I brought the Exchange 5.5 server backup and created an account --- I see the public folders but not all the items Now, in Exchang Administrator when I browse to the 5.5 server and look in public folders I CAN SEE the items I need. How can I access them, why don't they appear in outlook? Have you checked permissions? Nue <noursly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146582505.406072.325860@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I deleted an Exchange 5.5 server from mixed organiza...

When viewing sent mail unable to see CC or BCC details

Ooops, thicky question
Hi all, Sorry for asking what must be a silly question but I've made a mess of my Outlook 2002 address book. I've been reinstalling stuff from backed up copies to Outlook 2002 and something has gone very wrong. Anyway, my contacts list is intact but I think that I've either a) Clicked on 'Export to File' and lost my address book or b) It never came back When I click on the To... button when composing an email I get an error message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have be...

Share Calendar and see other users Appointments
Hi, It is probably a rookie question but i hope that someone has mercy and answers this with some tips or pointers to assist me to make this work. We did switch from goldmine to MSCRM. The biggest issue we have now is that it seems that users can only access their own calendars. I was able to make an appointment for another user that want to join the meeting but if there is already a meeting schedule then there is no waring. Also the assistant can not pull up the supervisors calendar to schedule appointments for him. Basically we have a small sales team and 2 people that make the appo...

Seeing Reports
Hi All, I installed CRM on one server and SQL Reports on my SQL 2000 server. I can log into the Reporting server http://servername/reports and see all of the reports under my_company_MSCRM folder, but I can't see them in CRM. When I click on reports under My Workplace, it says there aren't any reports to see. Also, when I click on an account view, I don't even get the report icon. I set up the connection in deployment manager and can log into the reports from the CRM server using the above url. CRM 3.0 update 1 SQL 2000 SP 4 Reporting Services SP 1 Any help would be gr...

How to see all recipients in email header?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings <br><br>When I receive an email with more than a few recipients in the To: filed (or Cc: for that matter) Entourage decides to truncate the list of addresses viewable at some point. It then puts &quot;...&quot; which when moused-over pops up with how many other recipients there are. But at no time am I able to view them! I have sifted through preferences, views, and searched this forum and the internet. Every email program I have EVER used allows this sort of option except Entou...

users cannot see other's calendar details
We recently upgraded/migrated from Exchg5.5 to Exchg2000. We also upgraded from outlook 2000 to 2003. Normal users are unable to see other user's calendar details when they set up meeting requests. They CAN see the basic blue bar, but not details of the calendar events. It seems that administrators CAN see the detail info... We want all users to be able to see detailed calendar info. We do Publish 12 months of free/busy (this is done through a GPO). This seems like a perms issue. Or is it something else? Can someone tell me where to look to change the access for all normal users? ...

What add in's or linked applications would you like to see?
Hi All I'm a Windows developer and have started developing applications for MS CRM 4.0 for a few customers. I want to try and develop a few small commercial applications, but I want to get a feel for what applications or add-ins for CRM 4.0 people would like to see, or feel would be useful to have. If I create an application suggested by someone, I will let them Beta test with me and also receive a FOC copy when it's finished. Thanks Wayne ...