Blue screen error during shutdown

Recently I started getting the following error everytime I shutdown Windows
XP (Home SP3):

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}.
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a
state of 0x00000000 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000 )

How do I go about fixing it?
I've tried the following but in vain:
1. Uninstalled recently installed programs
2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
3. Start in safe mode & then shut down.
4. Start using last Known good configuration & then shutdown.

I really appreciate if someone can help.
--
Rgds,
Ong

On Dec 13, 7:51=A0am, Ong <O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Recently I started getting the following error everytime I shutdown Windo=
ws
> XP (Home SP3):
>
> STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}.
> The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a
> state of 0x00000000 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000 )
>
> How do I go about fixing it?
> I've tried the following but in vain:
> 1. Uninstalled recently installed programs
> 2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
> 3. Start in safe mode & then shut down.
> 4. Start using last Known good configuration & then shutdown.
>
> I really appreciate if someone can help.
> --
> Rgds,
> Ong

Perform some scans for malicious software first, then fix any
remaining issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

What was the nature of the installed/uninstalled lately programs.
Name them.

Any Norton products installed?  Any kind of remote control software?

Sometimes a third party program will replace the default msgina.dll
(Graphical Identification and Authentication) with it's own and you
will see this error.

To find out, look in the registry here for anything that has been
inserted that mentions any kind of gina.dll and report your findings.
There is usually not anything about any kind of gina.dll, but if there
is, what does it say.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

0
Jose
12/13/2009 1:35:43 PM
Ong

Before embarking on measures to fix the problem is important to know
whether you have important data files you need to recover. If yes these
need to be recovered first. Do you have access to a second computer? Is
that computer a desktop or a laptop?

What exactly do you have by way of a Windows XP CD? What is the computer
make and model you are trying to fix? Are your keyboard
and mouse wired or wireless?

What do you mean by:
" 3. Start in safe mode & then shut down.
4. Start using last Known good configuration & then shutdown.

What actually happened?

Try booting with all hardware peripherals disconnected, except keyboard,
mouse. and monitor."

--

Hope  this helps.

Gerry
 ~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ong wrote:
> Recently I started getting the following error everytime I shutdown
> Windows XP (Home SP3):
>
> STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}.
> The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with
> a state of 0x00000000 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000 )
>
> How do I go about fixing it?
> I've tried the following but in vain:
> 1. Uninstalled recently installed programs
> 2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
> 3. Start in safe mode & then shut down.
> 4. Start using last Known good configuration & then shutdown.
>
> I really appreciate if someone can help.

0
Gerry
12/13/2009 2:19:02 PM
Sounds like a conflict with SP3. I would uninstall all SP3 in the add
and remove programs and reboot to see if it fixes the problem if it does
do a a good clean on the computer and install SP3 again, but if it fixes
the porblem I would just keep SP2, SP3 is having a lot problems lately.
Microsoft has a lot of bugs in the operating system that they haven't
fixed yet. I hope this helps you

0
Weavertech89
12/13/2009 9:54:40 PM
Use NirSoft's tiny program, "BlueScreenView" to tell you what is causing the crash:

BlueScreenView ~50 KB - View BSOD (blue screen) crash information
Web: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
Download: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

ju.c

"Ong" <Ong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23ACAEF3-DE08-4C37-BB8C-3A335AF4104F@microsoft.com...
> Recently I started getting the following error everytime I shutdown Windows
> XP (Home SP3):
>
> STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}.
> The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a
> state of 0x00000000 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000 )
>
> How do I go about fixing it?
> I've tried the following but in vain:
> 1. Uninstalled recently installed programs
> 2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
> 3. Start in safe mode & then shut down.
> 4. Start using last Known good configuration & then shutdown.
>
> I really appreciate if someone can help.
> --
> Rgds,
> Ong
0
ju
12/14/2009 10:15:55 AM
I've fixed the error after installing Malwarebytes as advised by Jose.
Thanks everyone for your inputs !

--
Rgds,
Ong

Eventlog Error: MsExchangeSA
Sometimes i get an couple of errors in my eventlog at our sbs2003 server. It says: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 5007 Date: 16-5-2006 Time: 23:03:28 User: N/A Computer: <SERVERNAME> Description: An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation. error from file: f:\tisp1\admin\src\libs\rpc\rwlog.cxx line: 833. <<0xc0070021 - The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.>> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. There are a ...

sql express error 3.0
Installation failure CRM 3.0 client for Outlook (offline enabed). When attempting to install CRM 3.0 client for Outlook (offline enabed) on a notebook, the installation of the required component Microsoft SQL 2005 Express Edition fails. We have tried installing the Online (workstation) client and the installation completed succesfully with no errors or warnings. Attemted to install Microsoft SQL 2005 Express Edition, prior to starting the installation rutine for CRM, however, we recieved a failure installing the MSXML6, component. Any help to get this solved would be greatly apprecia...

Error when trying to get Activities and History of Account, smells like Bug
I have two Accounts, that I get an error, every time I try to reach their activities and history! The error message comes like : An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 ...

Version error
Hello all. I'm getting this error Missing mandatory attribute 'version'. with the below XML <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <rs:data xmlns:rs="namespace_for_rs" xmlns:z="namespace_for_z"> <z:row PageID="index.aspx" ParentID="0" PageTitle="Home" PageAddress="../Index.aspx"/> <z:row PageID="aboutIndex.aspx" ParentID="0" PageTitle="About" PageAddress="../about/aboutIndex.aspx"/> <z:row PageID="customers.aspx" ...

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

Error: "F11 can't be found"
Hi, I have been using MS Access as our company database pool. It has been working fine for the past 6 mths. However recently i have encountered an error "F11 can't be found". I cannot explained and understand where is this error coming from. Wondering if anyone of you know? I would wish to seek for your guidance. Thanks~ Regards, James Pang hi 123123123 "James Pang (S'pore)" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6d1f01c483a9$b5168480$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I have been using MS Access as our company database > pool. It ha...

Error Messages #8
Upon sending mail, I occasionally get the error code 0X800CCC0F. After a few attempts the e-mail will be sent. I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Andy Porter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 > people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send > to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. ...

MSExchangeAL error
I have just gotten this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 3/23/2006 Time: 9:16:07 PM User: N/A Computer: SCAPCADC Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. The support site says that Exchange Server SP1 will correct this problem. I currently have SBS 2003 and haven't installed the latest Service Pack for this system (I have been installing...

Adjusting to screen resolutions
I am looking for the best way to have a dialog based program scale up and down to fully file the screen for several different screen resolutions. I need to have the buttons stretch or compress so that the same number of buttons show in generally the same relative proportions. Since this is an embedded application I could set some flags and compile a different version depending on the targeted display, if I have to. I would like to avoid having multiple versions of the project to maintain. By the way would .net offer any help for this? Thanks On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:26:33 -0400,...

blue squares
What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "blue" wrote: > What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? ...

UnKnown Error #2
I am getting a "Unknown Error" randomly come up on my Point of Sale machines when I finish a transaction and the receipt\cash drawer are suppose to be triggered. When this error comes up the cash drawer and receipt printer will not work until COM1 is uninstalled and the machine is rebooted. After the reboot they start working but then randomly the "Unknown Error" comes back up and we have to go through the same process. Below is a list of what i have tried: - Upped Virtual Memory to maximum - Shut off Services that were not needed to free up memory - Replaced printe...

Outgoing Email Error
I am using Ms Outlook 2003 as my default email client when ever I sent emails I can see the email in the outbox but I get a call from the person I sent that the same email has reached him more than 15 times. How to rectify this error Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor,...

same screen view
I have set up a spreadsheet to fit so all information can be seen on the screen without scrolling. When I e-mail the file to another user, the sizing is different so that they must scroll up and down as well as left to right. Is there a way to lock the screen view so that no matter what machine opens the file, the same area can be seen? You could use a macro that runs when the recipient opens the workbook, but that user has to allow macros to run. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:l33"), scroll:=True ActiveWindow....

Position Extra Fields Screen Error
"This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." My HR users are seeing an error when trying to update a field in GP 10.00.1502 The window is the "Position Extra Fields" screen, accessed from the "Position Setup" screen. If they update any data on the "Position Extra Fields" screen and click OK, they receive the above error. I tried and even as admin, I see the same error. A SQL trave shows it trying to insert the data to HRPOS022, then the next SQL access is to DYNAMICS.dbo.SY01700, wh...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

Blue screen
Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's thx Amraam Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen before the correct display appears??? Running Vista Home Premium JohnP "Amraam" wrote: > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's > thx > Amraam Excel 2007 t...

keep getting error message when importing clipart
While in Publisher I am trying to import clipart and keep getting this error message: The appropriate graphic converter is not available. I have reinstaleld my software using the full install setting. I have downloaded all updates and it still won't work. Can somone help me? Clear your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If that doesn't cure your issue, post back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karon" <Karon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A2A64FD-B544-4...

Outlook Error #54
OX800ccc19 what is this how can it be fixed s.brown <s_Brown@comcast.net> wrote: > OX800ccc19 what is this how can it be fixed POP server timeout, probably. See http://www.google.com/search?q=0X800ccc19 The first thing I'd do is to increase the server timeout value on the Advanced tab of the account properties pages and disable any antivirus mail scanning. -- Brian Tillman ...

Automatic login screen in Win7?
Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still wants me to login. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance... Bob On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote: > Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. > I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user > name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still > wants me to...

Error when trying to customize Forms
When I try to access the Forms and Views in MS-CRM 3.0 in the customization section, I get the following trace in the application Log. I guess this is also keeping me from publishing the entity. I'm able to create new custom fields but I'm not able to put them in the form. Can you help me? Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 1/10/2006 11:10:18 AM Event time (UTC): 1/10/2006 4:10:18 PM Event ID: fd81b71c314d48b783b21c8b998c02bb Event sequence: 230 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Applicat...

Pink and Blue Layout Guides
The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the blue guides from the pink guides. Jerome A. Schneble wrote: > The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems > to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the > blue guides from the pink guides. No. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change...

SMTP server Not resonding Error
I get the following error message, two relevant screen shots enclosed. The following data may be helpful for debugging. 1. I use OE for one and only one account (gmail.com, which uses the servers indicated in the error message.) 2. I do not have any other other application for using any SMTP, for whatever reason. 3. My system is connected to LAN (wire less router) where m son has his lap top and desk top are connected. He does not use any application which requires an SMTP connection. 4. This error keeps coming (in my system) , even when his system...

Messaging subsystem error???
On my pc (XP with SP2) I'm running Outlook '97 on one account and Outlook Express on another. Both have functioned just fine for almost 2 years. Several weeks ago, my wife opened Outlook '97 for her mail and got the following error: "Microsoft Windows(TM) Messaging Subsystem Spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." She has been unable to get or send mail since. My Outlook Express has worked just fine throughout. Any thoughts on how can I get her back in business? I tried going back with XP's system restore, bu...

Screen updating
Is there any way of changing the behaviour when a graph is activated; it turns white (my background is black). I tried the Screenupdating = false statement but it has no effect for this. Thks, Mark ...

UUID error
I recently upgrade my Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000. Everything works OK except that certain services, IMAP4, and POP3 notably, do not start and give an error message that the UUID is "already registered." Where are they registered and what do I need to do solve the problem? The Exchange box was previously a Windows 2000 DC--could this be part of the problem? Any help greatly appreciated. Christopher In services do you still see the MS Exchange Directory Service? If so the upgrade didn't complete correctly. Do you get a specific event in the Application or System Log ...