Arabic/English numbers in notepad

My issue is when typing Arabic language in a notepad.  After installing
Arabic language in regional settings and adjusting settings to allow Arabic
letters and numbers i run into this problem.

When switching to Arabic language I'm only able to type Arabic numbers after
at least one Arabic character is typed.  If the Arabic letter is removed the
numbers automatically change to English.

The issue was resolved in MS word using the Hindi context selection in
options but still remains in notepad.  Even when Arabic numbers are
copy/paste from word to notepad the numbers paste in English.

Im also facing this issue with idworks card design program made for my sp75
Datacard printer.  We have been trying to print ID cards with both English
and Arabic numbers on them.

Strangely enough this problem was not an issue for an old Arabic enabled
windows 98 PC.

"rafieamr" <rafieamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My issue is when typing Arabic language in a notepad.  After installing
> Arabic language in regional settings and adjusting settings to allow
> Arabic
> letters and numbers i run into this problem.
>
> When switching to Arabic language I'm only able to type Arabic numbers
> after
> at least one Arabic character is typed.  If the Arabic letter is removed
> the
> numbers automatically change to English.
>
> The issue was resolved in MS word using the Hindi context selection in
> options but still remains in notepad.  Even when Arabic numbers are
> copy/paste from word to notepad the numbers paste in English.

As far as I remember, Notepad is not well suited for right-to-left
languages. Have you tried Wordpad?

0
Pegasus
12/7/2009 1:42:36 PM
Yes indeed it works fine in Wordpad.

Our issue is that we are using this card design program which doesnt seem to
understand right to left.  I only mentioned notepad because it is acting the
same way and i thought if i could fix it in notepad then it would be fixed in
IDworks program we are using.

Thank you for your input!

"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "rafieamr" <rafieamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My issue is when typing Arabic language in a notepad.  After installing
>> Arabic language in regional settings and adjusting settings to allow
>> Arabic
>> letters and numbers i run into this problem.
>>
>> When switching to Arabic language I'm only able to type Arabic numbers
>> after
>> at least one Arabic character is typed.  If the Arabic letter is removed
>> the
>> numbers automatically change to English.
>>
>> The issue was resolved in MS word using the Hindi context selection in
>> options but still remains in notepad.  Even when Arabic numbers are
>> copy/paste from word to notepad the numbers paste in English.
>
> As far as I remember, Notepad is not well suited for right-to-left
> languages. Have you tried Wordpad?

Wordpad won't work, either.
You need an arabic notepad. There are a lot available, free.
Type "arabic notepad" in your search engine.
Humpty

0
Humpty

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

how to change number column to six digits
Hello all. Can anyone tell me how to increase the available digits in the number column? My check book use 6 digits, and I would like all 6 to be view in the number column. Can I remove the exclamation mark, or the flag mark? Your help is much appreciated! PeterInMN Silence probably indicates the answers to your questions are No and No. "PeterInMN" <aptdoc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:XC%dg.2171$oa1.766@news02.roc.ny... > Can anyone tell me how to increase the available digits in the number > column? My check book use 6 digits, and I would like all 6 to be...

circling a number
How do I circle a number on a form created in excel? See replies to your other post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:02:10 -0800, KNOWAK <KNOWAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I circle a number on a form created in excel? Hi, Turn on the Drawing toolbar and use the Elipse tool. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "KNOWAK" wrote: > How do I circle a number on a form created in excel? When you say "on a form", do you mean on a UserForm or on a worksheet setup t...

Localize Greatplains 8
Dear Sir We have a projact to Localize Greatlains 8 to arabic version any comment - Help . Microsoft Partners specially in Cario has done this job. no need to work a load. Just contact MS Partners to get localize Great Plians. "gulfportal" wrote: > Dear Sir > > We have a projact to Localize Greatlains 8 to arabic version any > comment - Help . > > ...

Generate random number
Hi all How can I create a method that returns me a random number between 1 and 20 (extreme included)? Thanks in advance. Luigi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF4C43E2-7D9C-483F-A6DB-7B0B3B0BB3C3@microsoft.com... > Hi all > How can I create a method that returns me a random number between 1 and 20 > (extreme included)? > > Thanks in advance. Random rand = new Random(); int num = rand.Next(1,20); Dubravko * Luigi wrote, On 15-1-2010 10:28: > Hi all > How can I create a method that returns...

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage
i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks Say we want to increase a column of values by 6%. In an unused cell, enter 1.06. Copy this cell. Select the column of numbers. PasteSpecial > Multiply -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "colinchurcher" wrote: > i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to > increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks 1. In cell H 1 I have:- 10 2. In cell I 1 I have:- ...

Zero % change to "-" custom number format
We are working with an add-on product that exports data into Excel. The product exports raw data into our spreadsheet and we do the formatting. The problem we have is that we want to replace 0% with a dash "-". I have tried a few things in Cell Format with custom numbers, but without any luck. We are looking for a custom number format not a macro to resolve our issue Thanks for your help in advance. David 0%;-0%;- Regards Trevor "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B917FC5-B22E-4AC1-A25F-F0B4E030F260@microsoft.com... > We ...

Combine two ranges with different numbers of rows and columns
Hi, I have two different ranges with different numbers of rows and columns. I have to combine in a single range each row from the first range with each row from the second range. I provide hereunder an example. Any idea? Thank you! Range 1 A B C D E F G H I J K L Range 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Result A B C 1 2 3 4 A B C 5 6 7 8 D E F 1 2 3 4 D E F 5 6 7 8 G H I ...

Week numbers
Hi, I have a problem with my query which shows week numbers on a column. Week numbers derived from date field of table. Column has below string: WEEK: Format$([Table1].[Date1];'ww') Above equation gives next week number for Sundays. On my computer date system is normally adjusted to start the new week number on Mondays. At the other hand I have a string calculating week number for my form like: WEEK.Value = Format(Date1.Value, "ww", vbMonday, vbFirstFourDays) Above formula gives correct result. For example: 24th. February 2008 ==> My form gives 8 and my query give...

sheet number
how do i return the sheet number position. something that would return the value of 3 if it is the third sheet in a workbook of 5 sheets. you could use a user-defined function. insert a vba module in your workbook and paste the following code: Function SheetIndex() As Long Application.Volatile True SheetIndex = Application.Caller.Parent.Index End Function to use enter =sheetindex() into a cell. "Sheets number position" wrote: > how do i return the sheet number position. something that would return the > value of 3 if it is the third sheet in a workbook of 5 sheets....

HELP
I want to enter numbers from 001 to 999 into cells formatted as text. How can I without typing 001, 002, 003, etc individually into each cell? ...

Arabic
I install MS-SQL 2000 with SP 3 and Collation Arabic Binary And ODBC Remove Check ANSI and check Translation I installed GP 8 and choose Middle East During installation Create Sample database ,I checked the collation of the database is Arabic Binary I can write arabic in SQL Table But I cannot write Arabic in GP ...

number of users
In Deployment Manager>Licence Manager, against Server Licence, it says we have 100,000 users. Is this correct? Does that mean we can have 100,000 users using CRM? Means you have the trial version of CRM. After the trial period (usually 90 days), you'll need to purchase real licences. -- David Wasserman www.grandconsult.com "Di Hudson" wrote: > In Deployment Manager>Licence Manager, against Server Licence, it says we > have 100,000 users. Is this correct? Does that mean we can have 100,000 > users using CRM? No, you only have the number of users you...

Unique number
I need to make sure a number is not entered more than once in a column. This is a sheet for taking orders, hence the need to have unique numbers. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Mike Hi Mike check out Chip Pearson's web site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm he's got a section there on ensuring that duplicate information isn't entered in a column. Cheers JulieD "Mike W" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message news:cgcu9c$a6t$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > I need to make sure a number is not entered more than once in a column. &...

Numbers and letters...
Hi. I have in column A the numbers 1- 26, in column B the letters A- Z. I'm trying to create a formula wherein, when I type a number 1- 26 in C, the corresponding letter will appear in D (if I type '1', 'A' will appear, if I type '2', 'B' will appear, and so on). I was nesting a VLOOKUP in an IF function but I'm having problems. I suspect I'm making this more complicated than need be. I'd appreciate some assistance. silas On Nov 9, 12:09 pm, "silas" <silas.NOSPAMprop...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi. I have in column A the n...

Numbering Sequence
Hello, I have a list of employee ID numbers in column "A". I need a formula to count starting with one but, when the employee ID changes, I need to start a new count again starting with one. Incase what I said above is confusing, below is a sample of what I need to achieve. I need a counting formula to calculate column "B" but change when the employee ID changes. Employee ID Sequence 10001 1 10001 2 10001 3 10001 4 10001 5 10001 6 1...

Arabic Support
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi I have a problem with typing Arabic in Mac. The letters are typed separately. Also, I am unable to view any Arabic documents. Please advise what needs to be done. Thanks, <Randa@officeformac.com> wrote: > > Hi I have a problem with typing Arabic in Mac. The letters are typed > separately. Also, I am unable to view any Arabic documents. Well Office for Mac doesn't support right-to-left alphabets. I fear it simply won't work for you. TextEdit does (but it's a really simplistic appli...

numbers in the legend
Hi, I am using Excel for ages and I noticed that in the case, I have to put numbers in the legend, I have to click and select each of them separately every time. Is there a faster way? This is an example of "Testing results" chart (I need years on X-axis and test numbers in the Legend) test no.\year 2006 2007 2008 213345 1231 1311 1366 213367 1235 1333 1335 In Excel 2007: I select everything and insert a Column Chart. Excel puts test numbers (and even years) as columns. Wrong!? I select data only and create a Chart. ...

Send email to fax number?
Outlook allows you to send emails to a fax number, but I cannot figure out how to do the same from CRM. I want to be able to use the power of an advanced find to get a list of emails and fax numbers that I want to send a mass email too, but cannot. In addition, there seems to be no way to send an email to email address 2, or 3, etc through CRM. Only to email 1. I have to now create and MAINTAIN custom distribution lists in outlook every time I want to send a mass email to fax numbers, or email addresses other than email 1. Am I missing something here? is ther any workaround, cus...

Serial Number Report
Is there a report that will give a list of all serial or lot numbers available at a given point in time. I know we can get this for items but haven't found anything that will give the acutal serials at a specific date in the past. ...

Does the new MAC Office X support Arabic Langauge
Does the new MAC Office X recently launched support Arabic Langauge, Regards Suresh Kumar <suresh.k@dpa.ae> wrote: Hi, > Does the new MAC Office X recently launched support Arabic Langauge, > > Regards in short: Arabic fonts: yes Right to left writing: no Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ MVPs.org: http://www.mvps.org/ Retirez NoSpam de mon adresse pour m'�crire/Remove NoSpam to e-mail me ...

negative numbers to positive numbers in excel
How can I convert negative numbers to positive numbers in excel have a look in HELP index for ABS -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADD359E-E053-44E9-A760-C2235EDA70ED@microsoft.com... > How can I convert negative numbers to positive numbers in excel If it's a recurring need, one way: B1: =ABS(A1) If it's a one-time need, one way: Put -1 in a cell. Copy the cell. Select the cells to negate. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons. In ar...

Number of columns
Is there any way to make excel have more than 256 columns, from A to IV? No. In article <#izxqyniEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Gunawan" <jgunawan98@hotpop.com> wrote: > Is there any way to make excel have more than 256 columns, from A to IV? "Gunawan" <jgunawan98@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<#izxqyniEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Is there any way to make excel have more than 256 columns, from A to IV? Possible Workaround: Use multiple worksheets. Mark Wolven hu kiteb: > "Gunawan" <jgunawan98@hotpop.com>...

Add section number to right margin in Word reports
Trying to add a section/chapter number in the right margin of Word document (report). Would like this to be similar to an index tab, easy to see when flicking through a long report. Access the Header Pane of the first Section of the document and then insert a TextBox into the Right Margin in the position where you want it to appear. Inside that TextBox, insert a Section field. If the headers in each Section of the document are not linked to the previous Section, you will need to repeat the above for the header in each Section. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP...

Doubling negative number
I have a lists of items in rows 1 through 22. Each item is listed individually and has a 1 in the quantity. When I total the column using the sum function I get the correct total of 22. However, if I want to subtract the item in row 10 by entering a -1 the sum, which should be 21, shows as 20. I tried different formats and nothing changed. When I entered -.5 into row 10, the sum did show as 21. I entered -.75 and the sum returned was again, 20. It appears the negative number is being doubled. What am I missing? -- GrumpyLP GrumpyLP wrote: > I have a lists of items in rows 1 thr...