Any point to Task Manager when we have others?

Like Process Explorer?  Any other recommendations?  I need a program that
has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer
and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always).
0
Whoosh

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Whoosh wrote:
> Like Process Explorer?  Any other recommendations?  I need a program that
> has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer
> and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always).

0
PA
12/22/2009 1:50:29 AM
Wow, those are pretty myopic questions. Right off the top of my head I can
think of about ten more relevant questions to ask about programs installed.
You might at least have referred to the relevancy of them. Last time I had a
machine with that kind of problem it turned out to be system file corruption
but I can't recall which one/s.

Twayne

In news:On9colqgKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> typed:
> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
> this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when
> you bought it)?
>
> Whoosh wrote:
>> Like Process Explorer?  Any other recommendations?  I need a program
>> that has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little
>> computer and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works
>> but not always).

Live in the moment;
be open to the possibilities
that life has to offer.

0
Twayne
12/22/2009 4:27:22 AM
Whoosh <reply-to-group@no-email.thanks> wrote in news:op.u5bdpehenc7aas@----------.wp.shawcable.net:

> Like Process Explorer?  Any other recommendations?  I need a program that
> has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer
> and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always).

Recently covered on Lifehacker:

http://lifehacker.com/5378494/five-best-windows-task-manager-alternatives
0
Fuzzy
12/22/2009 9:05:54 PM
>> Like Process Explorer?  Any other recommendations?  I need a program
>> that
>> has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer
>> and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not
>> always).
>
> Recently covered on Lifehacker:
> http://lifehacker.com/5378494/five-best-windows-task-manager-alternatives

I love that website!  Thanks!
0
Whoosh

Two points with same (X, Y) coordinates in Excel
Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a point on a scatterplot? I ask because I have two points with the same X and Y values, which is causing one of the points to hide under another. Thank you for your help. Jay Format/ Data Point for one of your 2 superimposed points, & choose an appropriate symbol. -- David Biddulph "Jay" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message news:%23gSxc1z8GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a > point on a scatterplot? I a...

Add Shortcuts for individual user tasks
Hello, I have the need to assign and monitor tasks to multiple individuals. I know how to get publisher rights to their task list. I would like to know if it's possible to have their task list added to my shortcut bar. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how I could accomplish this? Thanks On Aug 20, 3:46=A0pm, "James Landon" <jlan...@pioneertool.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have the need to assign and monitor tasks to multiple individuals. I kn= ow > how to get publisher rights to their task list. I would like to know if i= t's > possib...

Report Manager available with XP?
Using Small Business 2002, I've discoverd I'd like to use the add-in Report Manager. However on the download page, XP is not listed as a operating system. Will it work? Is there another option? Thanks from Matt. Hi try downloading the older version. It should also work for Excel XP -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Using Small Business 2002, I've discoverd I'd like to use > the add-in Report Manager. However on the download page, > XP is not listed as a operating system. Will it work? > Is there anot...

Need to call all resources in TimeSheet manager Pick resource wind
When I want to assign any time sheet manager for any resource . then click on Browse button. But the Pick Resource Dialog Box open with only few names and there is not a name of required person in timesheet Pick Resource Dialog Box . Although I have 200 resources in resource center . Kindly tell me how i can call or display all resources of project server in Pick Resource Dialog box. Waiting for Reply. Sam -- Only members of the Resource Managers group and the Administrators group are visible in the dialog to which you refer. If someone is going to be a Timesheet appro...

Task list sorting?
I have entered a DUE DATE for several tasks. List sorts by this just fine. If I enter a new task with a due date - in the past - seems like it should sort to the top - but no - it sorts to just AFTER any others with dates. How do I get a true sort by any due date? Thx. JDS As a very general answer: click the column header to sort. I have no idea what you are looking at by the way. Which version? Which folder? Which view? I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.judygl...

calculate a point
I'm trying to calculate some steps or stages for a graph and am having trouble, basically I'm trying to calculate a line between a point x,y to a point on a line between x1,y1 and x2,y2 that looks some like this: .x2,y2(8,6) / /-----------------------------------x,y(13,3) / .x1,y1(1,1) I think I got the slope 5/7=0.7142857, but I'm looking for the equation to calculate line between a point x,y to a point on a line between x1,y1 and x2,y. Go easy on me, I haven't been to school in 35 years. On Jul 2, 4:30=A0am, Curbie <jim.richard......

power point
I have Vista and can't find power point!! I can find the viewer but how do I open the power point application program? This newsgroup is for Office for Mac only; you might be better off asking your question in a Vista-specific newsgroup. Having said that, I doubt that the answer you are going to be given in there will be any different from mine: Vista and PowerPoint are two entirely unrelated products. PowerPoint is part of Microsoft Office, which is a separate application suite that does not come automatically with the operating system. In other words, if you only own a copy of Vista b...

Integration Manager 10.0 Import Invoice Entry
Hi there, I am trying to import invoice entries from an external application (MYOB) into the invoice entry section of GP 10.0. IM seems to have GP destinations for Sales Order Transactions but not invoice entries. I thought I might get around this by using the direct to table adapter but this destination adapter appears to have been removed from IM 10.0. Does anyone know how to import data into invoice entries (Transactions-Sales-Invoice Entry) into GP 10.0? alternatively is there some way to use a direct to table adapter with IM 10.0? Thanks I've never used Direct to table, so I...

mailbox store not pointing to the right place
We recently migrated from an old, slow Windows 2003 SBS server to a newer, faster one. The migration went well except for one email box and the templates. All of the Exchange Mailboxes are pointing to the new server mailbox store except one. In the Exchange General tab of AD Users and Computers of this particular user, the mailbox store is still pointing to the old server. How do I change this to the correct server? I also noticed the templates were pointing new accounts to the old server. Where do I go to change this as well? Thanks for any help. How did you migrate from old ha...

point me...
in the right direction please. Could someone give me a good link for explanation of the following, or best yet provide one? (Using VC++ 6.0 SP6) 1. I need a better idea of what pointers are used for and when. It's been said here that "99%" of the time, they're not needed. Yet MFC is full of them, and I've used them successfully (in MFC). eg, CDocument* pDoc = GetDocument(), CWnd* pWnd = GetParent(), etc. But when I refer to any text on C++, I encounter concepts involving pointers that I just don't get. Of what use is the 'new' operator, for exampl...

Recurring task on 11th business day
Does anyone know of a way to schedule a task reminder that will reoccur on the 11th bussiness day of each month? ...

decimal point
My question is how can i show integer value and value after decimal value into two different cell Exm. Like Number is 25.588 Show Like into Cell A1=25 Cell B1.588 Hi Arjun! =INT(A1) Returns the integer portion of the number in A1 =MOD(A1,1) Returns the decimal portion of the number in A1 -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Use the TRUNC worksheet function to return the integer part of the number. Example Cell A1 conta...

how do you activate outlook attachment options task pane
Have used the the attachment options task pane to downsize image sizes in the past, but it no longer automatically pops up and have no idea how to turn it back on - any ideas anyone. Thanks ...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

tracking follow-up tasks from appointments
Hi; I don't think this question is version-specific, but I'm specifically thinking about v4... When I create an meeting (or any activity) record in CRM, and then I use the 'Follow Up' button on the toolbar to create a few follow-up tasks based on my meeting, is there any relationship between the meeting and the follow-up tasks? What I'd like to do is go back and look at my meeting a week later, and check the status of the 3 tasks that I assigned as part of the meeting. I can't seem to find a link between the two activities - the CRM doesn't appear to be s...

Mount point or something like that !
Hi everyone ! I would like to connect a remote directory on server_b (\\server_b\share_a\directory_c) to a local directory on server_a (d:\rem_dir). So, when I browse d:\rem_dir, it show me the content of \\server_b\share_a\directory_c and all subfolder ! Just like "virtual directory" on remote network share in IIS, but for files servers ! Any idea ? Thank you ! Sorry for my bad english ! Hugo There's DFS to link network locations and symbolic links (mklink.exe) to link local path's. I think there's no way to link a network location to ...

Entry point not found #3
After running a repair on Windows XP I get the following errror message when opening Outlook; "The procedure entry point GerUMS could not be located in the DLL MSDART.DLL". This error message cycles 6 time during the opening of Outlook. I renamed MSDART.dll and ran an Office repair, but it didn't fix the problem. Any Help would be appreciated. Bill Hi Bill, I understand that you receive the error message "The procedure entry point - GerUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" when opening Outlook. Based on the error message, this is...

Software Asset Management w/ Access
Our company is try to document the software that we use (in addition to updating information about BMPs) and have on file. Essentially, we want to have a way to keep track of all software that is purchased and where it is installed. Has anyone had experience building a database that keeps track of something like this (with the understanding information would be manually entered)? Or would this be better suited to Excel? While our company only has about 25 computers, we have hundreds of pieces of software accumulated over the years with registration codes and the like. Once again, I'm just...

One of the System Attendant's task is blocked.
Hi, I have Exchange Server 2003 sp2 (ver 6.5.7638.1) running on 2003 Server sp1. Each day at about the same time of day the server becomes extremely slow (both to outlook clients and locally). At the end of this period the following events are logged. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 25/11/2005 Time: 8:37:14 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHSVR Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1032 Dat...

custom point within a floating bar
I have a floating bar which represents a price range accepted by consumers. Once i create the graph, i manually put a marker where the price of the product was tested. Is there a way to graph the tested point? Add another series to the chart. This series will have only one data point -- the point of interest to you. Add a data label with either of the addins: XY Chartlabeler from www.appspro.com or Chart Tools from www.j-walk.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <D4AE9776-...

Business Contact Manager issues
Hey, I'm dealing with an issue with a customer of mine who has Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. The Business Contact Manager icon does not appear on the toolbar within Outlook 2003. It is correctly installed in her machine (it even shows up in Add/Remove Programs). I had her run a repair of the toolbar as suggested by a knwoledgebase article. No difference. I also had her uninstall Outlook 2003 and the Business Contact Manager software, then reinstall both. No difference. Any other ideas here? Please contact me at Darryl_Gonzalez@dell.com asap. Thanks. ...

Outlook deleting tasks at startup
Hi all, I've just setup Outlook 2007 with Office SP2 in a VMWare Fusion box running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac. However, every time I start Outlook it goes through the process of deleting all my tasks and I can't work out why. I have no rules in place that delete anything. There appears to also be no way to stop it. I have to wait until all tasks have been deleted and then go to Deleted Items and copy them all back to Tasks again. Once I've done that, it's fine until I close Outlook and then open it again. I have a PC with exactly the same setup excep...

What wrong on schedule tasks?
When I create a schedule task on XP with SP3, it pops up an error message about account's information at 0x80070005, and not having right for execution. The role for my account is System administrator. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On 3/31/2010 9:42 PM On a whim, Eric pounded out on the keyboard > When I create a schedule task on XP with SP3, it pops up an error message > about account's information at 0x80070005, and not having right for > execution. The role for my account is System administrator. ...

Unable to delete task request
I received a task request from a coworker and am unable to open it or delete it. When I try to open it I get a message saying "Can't open this item" and when I try to drag it to my deleted box I get a message saying "Can't move the items. The operation failed. An object could not be found." How can I get rid of it? ...

Pointing to plotted points to see the data
I periodically make a x,y scatter chart using dates for x and a number for y, like this: x y 8/12 213 8/13 254 8/14 198 etc. Previously, when I would use the mouse to point at a point on the chart, Excel would display the date and the number (e.g. 8/13,254). Now, with my most recent chart, Excel displays a sequential number instead of the date (e.g. 2,254). Why has it changed? And where in Excel can you specify how the x value is to be displayed? There's a slight difference in how Excel displays point value for XY Scatter charts and Line charts. Line: Series "y&q...