add/remove visio viewer

The entry in the Add/Remove applet for Microsoft Visio Viewer will not
go away.  I had it installed several months ago and have since
installed the full version of Visio which works fine but somehow it has
overwritten the Viewer uninstallation information.  Even Windows Update
keeps trying to add security updates to the Viewer but fails miserably.

I have tried reinstalling the Visio Viewer but everytime I run the
installation package it gets past the licensing page then complains
"This patch package could not be opened.".  I have downloaded it four
times with four different browsers.  I have also tried removing the
entry with CCleaner but it is unable to perform this seemingly simple
task.

--
"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I
know." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"badgolferman" wrote:

> The entry in the Add/Remove applet for Microsoft Visio Viewer will not
> go away.  I had it installed several months ago and have since
> installed the full version of Visio which works fine but somehow it has
> overwritten the Viewer uninstallation information.  Even Windows Update
> keeps trying to add security updates to the Viewer but fails miserably.
>
> I have tried reinstalling the Visio Viewer but everytime I run the
> installation package it gets past the licensing page then complains
> "This patch package could not be opened.".  I have downloaded it four
> times with four different browsers.  I have also tried removing the
> entry with CCleaner but it is unable to perform this seemingly simple
> task.
>
> --
> "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I
> know." ~ Abraham Lincoln
> .

See the following KB article for removal of orphaned entries:

 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481

Office 2007
My new laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007, which I will eventually remove. Question: can I simply uninstall this product BEFORE use, using my Control Panel options or can I use the product for 60 days, then uninstall with equal "efficiency." In other words, if I uninstall before use will the uninstall be more effective in removing all traces than if I used the product, then uninstall? Thanks... EW Either one will work as well, unless uninstall screws up somehow and you have to uninstall by hand. Bookmark the following page, "just in case&quo...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

removed windows live
how do I undo the removal of a program that I removed through my control panel I removed windows live. It appeared that I had two window email program. I want to use window live Homail.com but I would keep getting windows live.com. I had to go around and open msn then go to mail and log in to get around that. I finally removed windows live now it seems I no longer have the program installed. What's even more confusing is that I had placed windows live hotmail on my favorites and now I can get the hotmail but I don't see it in my PROGRAMS. What a mess. help. "...

add a DC in a LegSite

how we can remove ...
hello to all, I have 5 frontals with exchange 2003 ent. with nlb, and two they have fallen and not there is way to restart them, there are them format, how we can remove them of the organization and that they don't appear? greetings Miguel Hi Miguel, If an exchange server isn't available anymore to uninstall Exchange, you can delete it from your organization using ESM. Just right-click on the server and select delete. You should check your connectors configuration if the server is present in there, if so remove it there first. Any other roles should also be moved to anothe...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Removing Entourage
Is there a way to remove only Entourage without causing any problems with others MS apps or any other apps for that matter? Thanks. Hi Shannon, Not knowing everything about your system, it might be less troublesome to suggest that instead of removing Entourage from your computer that you just ignore it. Drag the Entourage icon from the dock and let go, then poof! It's out of sight & out of mind. Open Apple Mail and go to the preferences and choose the email program you would like to be used as the default mail program on your computer. This way you don't have to worry ab...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

How to remove *all* attachments?
We have an Exchange 5.5 server which is due to be replaced by an Exchange 2003 server in a couple of months. We have a requirement to remove all attachments from all incoming emails (either to everyone or to a given mailbox). We don't care what the extension is, we don't care about the size, we don't care who it's from, and we don't care whether it's clean or not from a virus point of view (at this stage). Is this possible just using Exchange? We are using Outlook from Office XP to monitor the mailboxes, but an in-house POP3 program on another server grabs a...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...