*leftover user account folders not removable

Windows XP Sp-3

I removed a user account, however, Windows is still saving files to a
"removed" user desktop folder that is left.  I cannot remove the Favorites,
Desktop and several other folder left.  Error says it is still being used by
a program.  How do I ditch this?

Thanks

0
xp

"xp-pro" <xp-pro@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Windows XP Sp-3
>
> I removed a user account, however, Windows is still saving files to a
> "removed" user desktop folder that is left.

Eh? Please explain EXACTLY what you mean by that.
"Windows" doesn't save files to a folder - YOU as the User do.

> I cannot remove the Favorites, Desktop and several other folder left.
> Error says it is still being used by a program.  How do I ditch this?

Boot into Safe Mode and try then.

0
Gordon

Account deletes when click on change account details
I am using Money 2001 When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. Can anyone suggest a solution to this. The missing accounts are still in my archive fies of three years ago -- D Richardson -- D Richardson "Derrick Richardson" wrote: > I am using Money 2001 > When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" > The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. &...

Number of mail enabled users
I need to create a report that shows me number of mail enabled users in exchange 2003 server who have accessed their mailbox during last month. I can create a report using AD users and computers that shows all mail enabled objects and their last login time. But there are two problems with this: 1- It includes distributin lists as well as users. 2- Last login time could be time when system (i.e. for backup or virus check) accessed mailbox and not user. Is there any tool or 3rd party product which can help to produce more accurate report? Masoud Try this script http://www.rlmueller.net/Las...

Mapping: from Account to Quote
I have mapped customer info fields (name, address, tel and fax) to billing address fields in Quotes. I have then published the changes to Accounts and Quotes, and reset the IIS. Howewer, the the info is not showing up in the bill to section fo the quote entity. Any advise on how I should proceed to fix the problem? Pete How are you creating the Quote? The only way the map will be used is if you use the "Add Related Quote" action from the Account detail page or the "Add Quote" button on the Sales Tab for the Account. This will be the only time that a Quote is created...

User can not deleted
Hi all, when I try to delete a user project server 2007says: test_epm : The resource is owner on one or more projects and cannot be deleted I am shure, that this user has NO Projects and is not assigned to any projects with work. I deleted already all assignments for this user. Peter the clients and the server are on the latest patch level Peter -- Navigate to the Project Center page and apply the Summary view. Click the Settings menu and choose the Group item. In the Group pane, click the Group By pick list and select the Owner field. Look for the projects owned b...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

Messages vanish for some users
Win 2003 SBS SP1... I have two users who have messages vanish. They loose a block of messages over a short date range, such as 1/1/06 to 1/5/06, etc. One user has lost everything in their inbox back to last year, but they are still receiving messages today. They also sometimes receive their email days after it's sent and it just appears in their inbox. They are using laptops and accessing via OWA and Outlook as a client to Exchange over the Internet. Often a single user will use both techniques on different computers or the same computer. I am fairly sure that they are not intent...

User permissions
I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook folders? Note I deactivated and then activated this user. Could this be the issue? Thank you. Figured it out. Once I inactivated the user, I had to install the outlook account on his pc. brian wrote: > I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management > feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for > outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook fol...

Managing Users by User Other Than SA
Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the User Setup? Use DYNSA -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > User Setup? > > Charles Allen wrote: > Use DYNSA > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > > > > "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > > > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > > User Setup? > > > > If you are on GP10 grant the user the IT Manager role and add...

Changing user IDs, computers, etc., with Outlook and OE -- what a mess!
I have had a lot of issues lately involving changing user IDs, bringing users from workgroup to domain logins, switching computers, and running multiple identities. I really need a pointer to a good reference on how to handle these situations. These involve both Outlook and Outlook Express -- yes, I know they are radically different code bases, but the issues affect both nearly equally, especially when used in a POP/SMTP environment as most small businesses do. Users frankly don't care about the details. They just want to keep their email. Speaking of which, backups... Switching a us...

How to delete Public Folder Database in Exchange Server 2007??
I really need a help on this issue, if you don't know how to solve the problem, would you please tell me where the documents are? Thank you for any comments. I have a little problem after installing Exchange Server 2007 on our organization. The old setting is an Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise on Win2K3 Enterprise. This Exchange 2007 was installed on a new server, currently, both are online. I have a question here about the Public Folder Database, after installing Exchange Server 2007, the Public Folder Database was there (in Second Storage Group), I didn't create it and I do ...

Account Framework
It seems when my client's GP version 9 was installed on a new server that the IT guy did not correctly set up the account framework, we then updated them to GP 10. They have been able to work in it -including posting to the gl, but are unable to print the gl trial balance. Is there any way to change the framework? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I did a query on the SY003001 and GL00105 and found that the MXNUMBSEG=3, and although only the ACTNUMBR_x columns 1-3 have anything in them, there are ACTNUMBR_x columns through 10. I'm presuming SY00301 should be ...

How to clear the Manager attribute for a user
supposedly I can use the set-qaduser cmdlt to clear the manager attribute and not just change it. the following command runs without error but does not clear the attribute: set-qaduser a054100 -manager $Null Is there anyway to clear this attribute? This finally did it: set-qaduser a054100 -objectattributes @{"Manager"="$null"} "TPGBrennan" wrote: > supposedly I can use the set-qaduser cmdlt to clear the manager attribute and > not just change it. the following command runs without error but does not > clear the attribute: > set-...

How do I change the font used to display folder names
Does anyone know how to change the font that used to display the names of folders in the navigation pane -- like the names of my Favorites and the names of my email folders? I need to set (or reset) this to a smaller font size, and I can't find a place to set it, nor can I find it in the registry. Any help appreciated. thanks, gary Windows Display options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furi...

Comma in user name causes restore in Exchange2003 to fail
Anybody else notice that if a username in the AD was created as lastname, firstname the backup runs just fine but you can't restore with "Recovery Storage Group" ? As soon as you right click that user, trying to get to the "Exchange Tasks" option to do a recover, it complains with a LDAP "An invalid dn syntax has been specified" just as if the comma confused it somehow. Any other users with no comma in the name works just fine (I tried different users with no comma and it worked properly). Can somebody else try this out and let me know if they're g...

using send to with outlook with multiple accounts
When I create a word document and try to send it as an attachment using the send to command it ignores my choice of email accounts. I click on the internet account and it sent it using my exchange account. Are you by chance using Outlook 98 or 2000? If so, you're almost certainly configured in Corporate/Workgroup mode because you're using Exchange, and in CW mode, the account at the top of the list in Tools | Services | Delivery is always the account used to send a message. You'd have to move a different account to the top to send through that account, and even then, Exchange...

How to find out if a user has logged on ?
Hi: Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) has already logged on to the machine ? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris You can use NetWkstaGetInfo with a level of 102 to get the number of logged on users. And NetWkstaUserGetInfo will give you information about the logged in user. AliR. "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pmkzBWYFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) > has already logged on to the machine ? > > Thanks In Advanc...

Another User Form Query
Hi Using Excel and the following formula =DATEDIF(I3,TODAY(),"y") in the User Form Text Box it shows 105 if I haven't entered a date in cell I3 is there anything I can add to the above formula that will show a zero or just leave the Text Box blank until a date is entered in cell I3. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully =IF(I3="",0,DATEDIF(I3,TODAY(),"y")) -- HTH Bob Phillips "mully" <mully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F36272C8-57D1-4B33-A1B5-C740253BFD47@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Using Excel and t...

Add extra mailboxes to users outlook.
Hi We have Exch2003 - and use OutLook 2003/2007. I try to add mailboxes and public folders to some users OutLook and we do this manually - these are support, spam and others. How do we this in a smarter way - gpo, script - any ideas? Tor-Magne Create a security group with the users you want. Then add that security group to the mailbox/public rights. Then you just have to manage the security group from now on. "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:OZP7kx3$HHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > We have Exch2003 - and use OutLook 2003/2007. &g...

User's can't run workflow
I am having an issue where users with CONTRIBUTE and/or FULL permission on a list get an "accessed denied" error when they try to run any workflow. Any ideas? You should have designer/owner permission to run a workflow Jeff Hofstetter wrote: User's can't run workflow 15-Apr-10 I am having an issue where users with CONTRIBUTE and/or FULL permission on a list get an "accessed denied" error when they try to run any workflow. Any ideas? Previous Posts In This Thread: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF R...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

Excel User Conference in October...
There's a wonderful conference for Excel Users. Led by Excel MVP's and Excel gurus. Find out details at http://www.exceluserconference.com and sign up! This is the 4th time it's been done - Fort Worth, Atlantic City, London, and now Marina Del Rey, California. Come one, come all! I'm a bit confused - site says 1st one was at Ft. Worth, but that the one in the Texas area this time will be Houston? Ft. Worth I could make as a 2 day one-night jaunt, Houston makes it a 4-day 3-night (or)deal for me. "Bob Umlas" wrote: > There's a wonderful conference f...

Attachments not being blocked in Drafts folder
Hello, I'm having a problem regarding OWA and attachments. My situation is the following: - Our Exchange 2003 server runs on Windows Server 2003. - All our incoming messages are filtered for certain types of attachments so certain types of attachments will be blocked. This is done by our firewall. - Our employees have access to OWA and are able to include attachments in their mail. This is the way we want it to be. However we would like to prevent our users from sending programs from their home address to our corporate network so certain types of attachments(such as executables) shou...

Money 2008
Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe then takes an excessively large amount of CPU. I've left this run overnight and it eventually clears but it's basically making Money un- usable. I'm running it on Vista 64bit - current updates etc. I've been a Money user forever and this is just horrible. -trevor In microsoft.public.money, tmiller9833 wrote: >Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe >then takes an excessively large amount of CPU. I've left this run >overnight and it eventually cle...

Unable to login as any users with the exception of "SA"(Enterprise #3
Hello, I cannot login as any users accept with the exception of "sa". We just installed GP 7.0 enterprise on a windows 2003 server and everything appears to be running fine. As the SA login, Im accessing all the normal GL, AP, Purchasing screens fine. I created multiplie users within GP and that worked fine as well. When I sucessfully installed the client on client PCs, I do not see the GP server under anything except for SA. I can ping it fine but cannot see the servers under any login. Please help!?! Thank you in advance. David Some quick questions for you. Have yo...

It's right to user CWinThread as mine
Hi everyone , I write a thread class derived from CWinThread. When i create a thread to run , the programm will be stop . Why? My code as following: head File: class CListeningThread : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CListeningThread) //protected: public: CListeningThread(); // protected constructor used by dynamic creation CListeningThread(LPSTR address, int port); virtual ~CListeningThread(); // Attributes public: WSADATA m_wsaData; SOCKET m_Listen_skt,m_Accept_skt ; sockaddr_in m_ServerInf; // Operations public: // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual func...