'BrowserPlus' installing itself with Yahoo Messenger

I realize this forum is for XP but maybe someone has experience with Yahoo
Messenger.

When I initially installed Yahoo Messenger 10, I noticed that something
called 'BrowserPlus' had also been installed so I uninstalled it.

However, a few days later, it 'installed' itself again so I deleted all
traces of Yahoo Messenger and reinstalled it and 'BrowserPlus' has not
installed itself since.

1. Does BrowserPlus 'automatically' install with Yahoo Messenger?

2. Is there an option during the install not to include it or does it have
to be uninstalled after installation?

See...

BrowserPlus rides on Yahoo Messenger coattails
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10320565-264.html

Did you /uncheck/ Yahoo! BrowserPlus (and Yahoo Toolbar, etc.) before you
installed Yahoo Messenger the first time?

www.banthecheck.com !!!
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Summer1 wrote:
> I realize this forum is for XP but maybe someone has experience with Yahoo
> Messenger.
>
> When I initially installed Yahoo Messenger 10, I noticed that something
> called 'BrowserPlus' had also been installed so I uninstalled it.
>
> However, a few days later, it 'installed' itself again so I deleted all
> traces of Yahoo Messenger and reinstalled it and 'BrowserPlus' has not
> installed itself since.
>
> 1. Does BrowserPlus 'automatically' install with Yahoo Messenger?
>
> 2. Is there an option during the install not to include it or does it have
> to be uninstalled after installation?

0
PA

Intelligent Message Filter Installation Failure
I've tried installing the Intelligent Message Filter on a Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The installation fails at around 98% with the following error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor. I tried downloading it again, and had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks ...

How to install USB drive?
USB connection to my XP computer (XP Pro SP3) is generally working fine. But WD passport and Seagate FreeAgent Go portable drives are not reconized by my computer. The portable driver is not shown in disk management. When checked Device Manager, I see a yellow exclamation mark under "Other Device > USB device". Right click >update driver> Install the software automatically did not find the driver. Could someone suggest me how to fix this USB driver. James James Cargo wrote: > USB connection to my XP computer (XP Pro SP3) is generally working > ...

Installation issues
Hello - it was necessary for me to uninstall Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 from my personal computer. I was able to go thru filling out the Utillity section before uninstalling. However when I reinstall and try to complete the utility section as it warrrants before using I receive the following message after entering the 1st part of account segments. The following SQL statement provided an error: create database [dynamics] on (name='gpsdynamicsdat.mdf') Is this some sort of licensing thing where if you uninstall and reinstall it tags the registration keys? Any help anybody could...

Installing Office 2008, when my computer has 2004 on it

Install that critical pack
--tryxgvjioxi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="emmuzczizbuhnqanc"; type="multipart/alternative" --emmuzczizbuhnqanc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tedcvipd" --tedcvipd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to pro...

Want to reformat HD but save some of the e-mail from the inbox to new install..
So how do i do it..? >-----Original Message----- >So how do i do it..? >. > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then import it after you are done the formatting. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: >>-----Original Message----- >>So how do i do it..? >>. >> > > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. > Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then > import it after you are done the formatting. Couldn't I just copy the inbo...

How to change a CRM 3.0 Server License Key after installation?
Hi We ended up using one of our CRM License keys for a client CRM 3.0 installaltion. Now that the client has recieved his crm server license, is there anyway to change this from ours to his. I have tried doing this via the license manager, but it won't let me delete the server license. When i go to add one it, it tells that there is one that already exists. Is there anyway around it, without having to re-install crm. thanks ...

Can excel add-ins be added without installation CD?
A friend with XP-Pro on a laptop, with Office 2003 installed, needs to run the Solver tool. Solver isn't currently installed. They say their installation CDs were stolen. (I believe this is true, if it matters.) I tried to do the add-in on their PC using my Office XP CD, but it wanted the "original installation CD" (IIRC). Is there a way around this? Thanks, George George: I think this is as simple as copying the *.XLA files from your PC to theirs... I could be wrong. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "George" <gbeccles@verizon.net> wrote i...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Outlook is not installed for this user
When I try to open Outlook 2003 I get this error message: 'Outlook is not installed for this user' I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, repairing and creating a new profile. Nothing worked. Then I created a new user account in Windows XP and Outlook works fine in this account. It did say that there was a conflict with a recently installed program (which it didn't identify) and asked if it should fix it. I clicked yes and the rest of the setup went fine. I imported the information from the pst file from the other account and that went fine too. However, it still won'...

Error to install Project 2007 Professional after to install Office
Hi all, the original error language is spanish, I'll try to translate this. I installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition without problem, then I tried to install Project 2007 Professiona edition and then I get de following error: "El programa de instalacion no puede continuar debido a los siguientes errores: 2007 Microsoft Office system no admite la actualizacion desde una version preliminar. desinstale cualquier versión preliminar de los productos de 2007 microsoft office y sus tecnologias asociadas. Solucione los problemas que se indican anteriormente y ejecute de...

install Office 2003 Student/Teacher edition to Windows 2000
Can I install Office 2003 Student/Teacher edition on a computer running Windows 2000 (Home XP). ...

Add-in ... Could not be installed
Using Outlook 2003, When I reply to a message and hit "send" the message seems to hang... looking for something... but eventually does send the message. I get a message "the add-in "C:\Windows|System32\fxsext32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using detect & repair I've run the detect an repair many times... What can I do to correct this error? TIA Rina. Rina <Grammy_Geek@comcast.net> wrote: > I get a message "the add-in "C:\Windows|System32\fxsext32.dll" could > not be installed or ...

Install this corrective patch that comes from M$ Corporation
--xrxjlvlaznbast Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rlhrxhofqa"; type="multipart/alternative" --rlhrxhofqa Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nqisopmsjmfpqu" --nqisopmsjmfpqu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Cannot install CRM server
Hi When i try to install the CRM Server it complains about my machine not being part of a domain and the user is not is not logged in as part of the domain admins group. I have checked both the it still comes up with the error. Our network is Running a NT 4.0 server as our dns server Is there a work around for this or am I doing something totally wrong? Thanx in advance Anwar You need to be on a Win2000 Domain using Active Directory in native mode. I am not an admin of domains but my guess is that if you are using NT as a dns server you are not on a native mode domain. Have you read th...

installing service pack 3
I am trying to install service pack 3 from a disk with windows xp and internet explorer 7. It goes through all the set up and then reboots, then I get a message : C:\WINXP\system32\cmd.exe "The parameters are incorrect." Any ideas? -- momof3 momof3 wrote: > I am trying to install service pack 3 from a disk with windows xp > and internet explorer 7. It goes through all the set up and then > reboots, then I get a message : > > C:\WINXP\system32\cmd.exe > "The parameters are incorrect." > > Any ideas? Assuming you mean &q...

Could not install the custom action
I'm running O2K7-TR and just recently started getting this error whenever I go to work with a message. I get the error whether I'm composing new, replying or forwarding. I'm trying to figure out where to look to troubleshoot this. All the searches I've done on custom actions have to either pertain to message rules or forms. Obviously, something is no longer where it was but the question is where and what is trying to access it. I'm thinking that because it's happening on any kind of composition that it is relating to the default template but i can't mak...

Outlook, Hotmail and Messenger
Hi, Way back, when I first added my Hotmail account to Outlook (XP), I had to run Windows Messenger had to be running so that Outlook would be able to access my Hotmail account. When MSN Messenger 6.x came out, it was my understanding that Outlook (now 2003) would use that if it were running when Outlook starts, obviating the need for Outlook to start Windows Messenger as well. FOr many months this was the case and I almost forgot that Windows Messenger was even on my system. Lately, it is again being started by Outlook. I cannot really tell whether this is related to another message that I h...

Installer Cleanup Utility installs with errors
Using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Need to use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe to fix Office, but got following errors during installation: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B5-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {BF1C5C32-2FC9-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B6-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} === Logging stopped: 19/04/2010 14:50:47 === The installer ended with a "successful installation" and the utility was placed in Program items, but runs with the same e...

Outlook and Messenger Service
Jeez, I have a clean install of XP, and have set Outlook to "Not load Messenger Service", and have even unInstalled Messenger service from Windows components, and still, whenever I use Outlook it fires this service up anyway. Whats the point of setting options in Outlook if they don't have any effect? This must be a Microsoft feature that allows me to set it, but means nothing. Although I unInstallted it and have turned the feature off in Outlook, Microsoft believes I need this useless feature and will override my settings. Kind of scary to think that I am setting system op...

GP 9 SP4 Install
I was attempting to update our GP 9 to SP4 this morning. My quandary is I don't have the GP app installed on the SQL Server. I had it installed on an admin workstation that has long since died. Taking advice on another thread I posted, I installed a second client instance on my new admin workstation. I installed the client and server, choosing a local SQL Server 2005 Express instance I have on my box. This allows we to choose to update DYNAMICS, company DB's, etc. when running GP Utilities in this second client instance. So, I tried to install SP4. The two local clients on my m...

Installation issue with v3.0 installer
Started the installer under the server logged in as a domain admin and could only get so far. So what i did was log on as the administrator and then ran the installation and got the error as below: "SHGETFolder Path failed failed. For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and settings\administrator.mainoffice\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log" 15:37:03| Error| SHGetFolderPath failed failed., Error, OK 15:37:03| Info| InputResult: OK 15:37:03| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging ended 16/01/2006 15:37:03 === 15:05:33| Info| === Setup bootstrap l...

install Access 97 along with 2003..?
I have office pro 2003, and doing some development non-profit with Access 97...can I install Access 97, keeping my 2003 intact? Yes, you can have both on the same computer. Many of us do. There are a few gotchas: 1. Make sure you do a custom install with multiple versions, so you can check they go into different folders and don't uninstall each other. (Should be fine for your case, but worth checking.) 2. You may have versioning problems with things like the Calendar control or MS Graph. 3. There is a problem where Access 97 refuses to start, complaining "There is no licens...

How do I install IE 32-bit on a 64-bit OS?
I have a 64-bit AMD-based laptop with Windows-7 on it. It has IE-8 on it (64-bit edition), but there is no Flash viewer available for 64-bit from Adobe, so I want to downgrade Internet Explorer to 32-bit. See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html I can't uninstall the 64-bit version because it is so integrated with the OS. I tried to download a 32-bit version from the MS site, but if I tell it that I have Windows-7 (64), it is single-minded about downloading a 64-bit IE, and if I tell it I have a 32-bit OS (I tried Vista and XP), when I reach the point of running ...

Svr Prep/CRM Install
Just a few questions regarding the preparation of the server 2003 and the deployment of MS CRM. Assuming one was to install MS CRM onto a fresh install of server 2003/Exchange/SQL SVR; How long should the whole process take(Svr Prep/CRM Install) ? How difficult are the tasks (Svr Prep/CRM Install)? How much could i expect to pay ($,Time) if i were to contract someone to do it for me? (e.g. A network engineer) While i am familiar with Svr 2003, i am by no means an expert, would you recommend hiring a professional to perform the server preparation and install crm, alternatively what ...