Pressing Change Password -button in WIN XP causes reboot

I want to change my password.
I press Ctrl-Atl-Del buttons  and then I press Change Password-button and
WIN XP Pro computer reboots immediately!
I can´t change my password.
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

Outlook not prompting for password any more.
Hello, I have a password set in outlook. When you would start Outlook it would prompt you for a password. When I came into work this morning the password box no longer appears. We haven't done anything to our exchange server and I have tried to change the password 3 times, I have also attempted to perform a detect and repair. I am at a loss here. I am using Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 -- insert witty comment here.... I guess this has people stumped... -- insert witty comment here.... "Rob" <not@goingtogiveittothespambots.com> wrote in message news:kfhwd....

Changing how names are displayed in already sent and received messages
In Outlook 2003, as a result of the somewhat undisciplined use of the autoresolve and autocomplete functions and some direct entry of email addresses, I have emails to and from the same person that display in separate sections when my inbox or sent mail box is arranged by To or From. That's because in some cases I used the name as recorded in my Contacts, in some cases Outlook inserted the name with quote marks via autocomplete, and in some cases it's just a johndoe@foobar.com address. I've now turned off Autocomplete so all names will conform to my Contacts. Is there a way to cha...

Microsoft Press Support
Why don't Microsoft Press have any books on Publisher versions XP 2002 or 2003? Like the Inside OUT series or step by step? Hi P.K., If I recall correctly the last MS Press book on Publisher was on Publisher 2000 http://microsoft.com/mspress/books/2317.asp If there are going to be 2003 series books they may not be announced at http://mspress.microsoft.com until there is a release date set for Office 2003 products. ======== <<"disgruntaled consumer" <pkcooke2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069c01c350d1$47937960$a501280a@phx.gbl... Why don't Microsoft...

I can`t change the business unit or Chief Of a user
The reason I ask is that I need change the business unit of a user, but the lookup button is disabled... Equally for Chief of the user.... any Suggestion?? thanks Go to Actions, Change Business Unit, or Actions, Change Manager on the user form "Israel" <israel_zermeno29@yahoo.com.mx> wrote in message news:1181171300.356249.139960@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > The reason I ask is that I need change the business unit of a user, > but the lookup button is disabled... > Equally for Chief of the user.... any Suggestion?? > > thanks > thanks david :-)...

using Quick Parts in a Track Changes balloon comment
I figured out how to use Quick Parts to help me in placing oft-used comments on student papers I grade. I would like to use the same feature in the balloon comments, but none of the Quick Parts I save work there when I hit F3. Will this feature work in the balloons? You can insert the Quick Part in the main body of the document and then cut and paste it into a comment. Note that if the Quick Part inserts multiple paragraphs, any paragraph spacing will be suppressed within the comment balloon. (Line spacing will be suppressed too, by the way.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

How do I hide a column using a password in an excel spreadsheet

Default Change Tender ?
My company has an internal Gift Gallery. We also "print" our own money (for awards and such ex, perfect attendance). Our Gift Gallery accepts cash and the company's own money. Each can be used and given change back, but I can only choose one change tender. I need to know if therte is a way to specify change tender at sale or for the program to choose the correct tender type to change out. Our tender totals are coming out wrong because it always changes in cash when people pay with our "monopoly money". TIA Frank Have you tried establishing your "monopoly...

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Security
Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records capabilities for Account: Create= User level Read= Organization level Write= User level Delete= None Append= User Append To= User Assign= User Share= User The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few iisresets since then. However, each sales guy can still change info on other sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.). Any tips on where to troubleshoot? Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones? Changes to roles take a while to propogate to existing records. There are also...

exchange tools on Xp professional client
Hi, I have loaded aduc and IIS and smtp on my pc, i installed the exchange 2003 management tools from the cd, I expected when i opened up my ADUC tool under advanced view to see email specific properties on a user account but instead, i get the regular view of the user acccount. what am i missing? thanks, Scott Perhaps the user account isn't mail- or mailbox-enabled. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "scott" <scottfranks@hydroottawa.com> wrote in message news:OwrdIFOfKHA.15...

Broadcase a setting change event?
I'm trying to change the editor type programatically by changing the following registry value. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\<Edito rPreference> Outlook doesnt pick up on the change until I restart outlook. Is there any message I can send so that outlook will refresh it's settings and re-read this setting? Outlook only reads many settings when it starts up. Blocked Level 1 attachments are just another example. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Rem...

Passwording a linked spreadsheet
Hi All, I've been asked to create a series of spreadsheets that link into one master spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet will have a summary column where the users will input what they want to see on the master spreadsheet. The master spreadsheet will then only show that field. However I want users to have access to the master spreadsheet but only selected personnel can have access to all of the seperate spreadsheets. I would like to password each of these files with a different password. Only problem is that when your in the master spreadsheet and you update the links, it asks for the pas...

Cannot change combo option
Hi Everybody, I have an unbound combo box in an unbound form. The combo box gets its values from an SQL statement. When I open the form, I cannot change the default option in the combo box which I have set through the form's on load event. However, it all works fine once I go to design view and then back to form view. I suspect that the problem is probably connected to the form and not the combo box. I thank for your help in advance. Andras aeronaut, Sounds more like it has to do with the On-Load event. Can you copy/paste that bit of code here? -- Gina Whipp 2010 ...

Borders and page numbering changes in 2007
Hi Everyone, Quick question. In previous versions of excel i use to be able to select multiple rows and then click the bottom border button and all the selected rows would then have bottom borders. However when i now do this in 2007 only the last row i have higlighted gets the boarder. Have they taken this funtionality away or is there another way to do it? Second quick question. I have an excel document with multiple pages that i want to have the page number displayed at the top of. However when i click header and footer and click the page number button and then go back to normal...

how do I change the number of recently used files
When I click on the file tab in Publisher, I only see one of my recently used files. I would like to have more files shown as most prograns do. This is a convienent way to start frequently used programs. There must be some way to set the number shown but I can not find it in any of the options or other menues. ...

Default, Change
Need to change my default Font using Outlook and Comcast.net. Going thru the actions, won't change it. ...

Visio 2000 with Office XP
Can anyone tell me if Visio 2000 can be installed after Office XP, and will they work together? The Visio 2000 install wants to update some office files, which would indicate versions older than those installed with Office XP. Thanks! ...

Changing entity view columns
Gidday all, My problem: Im trying to change the view of the 'products' page so that it also displays the list price, but when I add it in, I also wanted to move it over next to the item ID column. I first added the list price column and went into products to check it our (I set it up for the 'active product view') but it doesn't appear there. Then when I try to go back to the entites view and adjust the arrangement of the columns, it tell me to select one of them, which I cannot do.. Note, there is a warning message below the list (in the edit view) which states: Im...

Printing issues after installing Win XP SP2 #2
Has anybody had any printing issues after installing Windows Xp SP2? When running GP 7.5 on a PC, the PC cannot find the default printer in GP. Plus when I setup the printer as a named printer, the printer will show processing job but nothing will print. Any solutions to my problems. Thank you for reading this inquiry and for the possible solutions Ruben I am new to my company, so I don't know how long they have been on XP SP2, but I have consistently intermittent printing problems. GP hangs during the print window dialogue and has to be closed. Did you ever find a solution?...

How to track costs when changing investments within IRA stock acct
I have an investment account which is classified as an IRA, but I can use it the same way as a stock market account. However, when I try to track my total money invested amount vs. total gains, Money Premium 2007 just tracks the purchase price of the last stock or mutual fund purchased and shows the closed investment as a total negative. Am I doing something wrong or am I asking too much of this software? In microsoft.public.money, Frustrated wrote: >I have an investment account which is classified as an IRA, but I can use it >the same way as a stock market account. However, w...

Password Not Saving #2
Environment: Outlook 2002 Windows XP Home POP3 Account Have looked at the MS KB for help on this and the article that mentions deleteing the User Subkey from the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider\<user>, the thing is this subkey is not present, is this normal and if not how do i get it to appear? Thanks. ...

Enforce change of fields to clients
Hi, I have just had CRM installed. During the installation I made changes to some fields. These changes are however not transferred to the local client. How do I do to make these changes go live on the individual clients? Mattias Open deployment manager on the crm web box and publish the changes then issue an IISRESET command on the CRM web server from the command line -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kyhlan" <Kyhlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5903572F-10C3-4C17-82E2-035DC8D55E7E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have ...

Handling key presses
I have tree and list views (contained in a CSplitter) in which I would like to handle keyboard input. The up, down, left and right arrow keys work for traversing the tree / list, but I want the space bar to perform an action and the tab / shift-tab to move between the views. I have added handlers for =TVN_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN to the tree view and put breakpoints in them but neither get called when I press a key from within the tree view. So how do I do this? --- Al. ...