Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3

I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions
of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved
and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not
recognised.
I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions.
What could be wrong?
Thank you,
Paul
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Money 2003 - It is opens and disappear
When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? Please help me to solve this - Thanks. Does it happen with any other programs? Is it possible you have a virus? -- Patty MacDuffie MS MVP for Windows XP "Shun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216b01c3a91f$44fd5800$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately > disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? > Please help me to solve this - Thanks. > Try double-clicking on your MNY file to op...

Word 2007 automatic spell checker not working
I've tried turning on the automatic spelling and grammar checker via the proofing options. For some reason it can only show grammar errors (green squigly line) yet it cannot show spelling errors (red squigly line). If I then select the check spelling and grammar option it only checks the grammar. I've fiddled around with how checking every box I can try in the proofing options but nothing seems to work!!!! It's really doing my head in, having word but it won't correct any spelling mistakes. Any help would be gratefully received. S In the Proofing cat...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

non

Active window "frozen"
I have a file that evidently has 10 worksheets. I can only see one worksheet AND the window, when looking at the worksheet, opens up "frozen" and it can't be moved. I can't maximize the window nor can I close the active window. Scrolling is not an option with the scrollbar although I can move around ONE sheet via the arrow keys. Is there something in vba that may have turned off the ability to resize the window? Any help is most appreciated. Using Excel 2002 (XP) >>Is there something in vba that may have turned off the ability to resize the window? Tools...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Does Validation works for date ??
Hi Does data validation works for date ?? For example : A1 contains today's date in it & if some one tries to put yesterday's date in B1 it will not allow(we can put tomorrow's date).How it would be possible ?? -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480089 I just used data validation yesterday for a date. What exactly do you want to check? "Little Ma...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

CDFMigrationTool No Longer Working for Me?
We just completed our testing efforts of MS CRM and as a result, decided to restore the 4 CRM databases (_MSCRM, _METABASE, _CRMCRYSTAL, _MSCRMDISTRIBUTION) back to a 'clean' state. Apparently, the restoration files captured the databases in a state prior to running the migration tool to import our contacts from the CDF database into the CRM database(s). I've tried to run the migration tool several times now after the databases were restored, but it appears that nothing is being migrated. The time it takes for the tool to finish running now is extremely shorter than wha...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

Forcing a font throughout
When I paste text from another source into my worksheet, it does no take on the font of the rest of the sheet. I have highlighted th entire sheet, by clicking the square between the "A" and "1", an applied the font I want through Format Cells, but that doesn't seem t work. How can I make outside text automatically take on the font of th rest of the sheet -- mattsla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mattslav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

SDI: Switching between main SDI app windows
I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and a CRichEditCtrl. When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to something larger (like Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have the font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger. This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for each control, and figuri...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

Windows 2003: Issue user certificate on behalf of a user
Hi there, I'm working on an application where we are going to use User Principal Name Mapping (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742438.aspx) to map incoming requests on our application to windows accounts. From what I understand, this will require user certificates issued by a CA within the domain. I've got a test Windows 2003 R2 domain up and running and have the CA running as well. What I can't figure out is how to issue a certificate for a user without logging in as that user and using the web enrollment app. Is there any way for a domai...

Font Substitution
How do I tell Publisher which font to substitute for a missing font on my printer/computer? In this particular case, I just want to substitute ERAS MEDIUM ITC for ERAS MEDIUM. Also, is there an easy way to find where ERAS MEDIUM is being used in a document? I am not the document's creator, I am just saving it and printing it on my computer and printer. Thanks! TOOLS > COMMERCIAL PRINTING TOOLS > FONTS "Willie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e4fd01c46aa7$6179a020$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I tell Publisher which font to su...

Chart Option "Sized with Window" in XL 2007 ??
Hello; Could someone please advise on where to find the chart option "Sized with Window" in XL 2007 ? I've tried under "View", "Chart Tools", "Format", "Layout", "Help", etc. with no luck! In XL 2003, the chart option is under "View". Thank you. This option is unfortunately no longer available in Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "monir" <monir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Windows Mail
I'm using Windows Mail that is "connected" to my Verizon account. Months ago I created subfolders to archive older emails. I diligently moved them into this folder. I also created another subfolder under the archived folder as well. I've had what I can only call "mysterious" issues where e-mails appear and them moments later, they are gone from my inbox. I thought I had the issue (simplistically) solved by diligently moving new items into the archive folder immediately. Now (12/26/09) those subfolders are gone. They are not under any other folder ...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Edit-Find doesn' work, don't know the problem.
I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate names within the document. I know the names are there because I've put them in and when I use the Edit-Find it doesn't work. I don't the problem and would really appreciate some help. Make sure that when you pull-down Edit > Find that you open Advanced.. and look in values rather than formulas -- Gary''s Student "micasidulce" wrote: > I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate > names within the document. I know the names ...

Windows Desktop application?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I do business with a company in FL who requires me to take photographs of property that requires service work, etc. The company has just informed me that they are requiring their vendors to use a new application that will enhance their receipt of the photos. It is called PhotoTrak. I'm sure that it's for Windows-based computers. I pulled the read-only procedures up but just can't access it to get logged in and registered. Any suggestions or direction on what I can do, as this is the life of my business? HELP!!! On ...

Windows XP looks like classic. Virus?
Well I have Windows xp and I turned off my computer today. Turned it back on later, and The whole Start menu and taskbars took the look of windows classic. The blocky one. I've been doing various cleanups but is this a virus or fixable? Check your video adapter drivers, they may have gotten corrupted and need to be reinstalled. "Ressurekt" wrote: > Well I have Windows xp and I turned off my computer today. Turned it back on > later, and The whole Start menu and taskbars took the look of windows > classic. The blocky one. I've been doing various cl...

Why do fonts become wrinkled when sending email?
Everytime I preview or send an email created in Publisher, the fonts are wrinkled as if Publisher has decided to squeeze it a little to fit into an smaller place (difference is hardly noticeable). I am using the Arial font but have tried different fonts and all have the same effect. When the publication is viewed as a web page in Internet Explorer, it is fine though. My Publisher is set to create the email as a single jpg picture in the email. This setting is under Tools>Options>Web, but I still get the same when it is switched off. The Design Checker shows that everything is OK. ...

Comment and user defined field in Inventory Transaction window
It would be very helpfull if we could have comment field in Inventory Transaction window for each transaction number . Also user defined field would be an added value. Regards Reem ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

Best group for Windows 7 issues?
Best news group for Windows 7 issues? Thank you for your help. None -- .. -- "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message news:%235ft4l3iKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Best news group for Windows 7 issues? > Thank you for your help. alt.windows7.general Just my opinion :) "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message news:#5ft4l3iKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Best news group for Windows 7 issues? > Thank you for your help. On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:01:52 -0500, Erik wrote: >Best news group for ...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...