Error messages on startup.

We have WinXP SP3.

On starting up the computer we get the following error
messages:

1/ "Product Identification Failure" Please reinstall the
Program.

then we get:

2/ "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.
Program C...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in
an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

then we get:

3/  "Office Settings Restorer" has encountered a problem &
needs to close.

Can someone please help in fixing this problem?   Frank

0
Frank
11/19/2009 12:56:57 AM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Start off by checking what programs are set to auto run whan you start your
PC, one or more of them is causing this problem

"Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
> We have WinXP SP3.
>
> On starting up the computer we get the following error messages:
>

> 1/ "Product Identification Failure" Please reinstall the Program.
>

> then we get:
>

> 2/ "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.
> Program C...
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in
> an unusual way.
> Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>

> then we get:
>
> 3/  "Office Settings Restorer" has encountered a problem & needs to close.
>

> Can someone please help in fixing this problem?   Frank

0
DL
11/19/2009 3:03:44 PM
"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> Start off by checking what programs are set to auto run
> whan you start your PC, one or more of them is causing
> this problem
>
> "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
>> We have WinXP SP3.
>>
>> On starting up the computer we get the following error
>> messages:
>>

>> 1/ "Product Identification Failure" Please reinstall the
>> Program.
>>

>> then we get:
>>

>> 2/ "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.
>> Program C...
>>
>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate
>> in
>> an unusual way.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more
>> information.
>>

>> then we get:
>>
>> 3/  "Office Settings Restorer" has encountered a problem
>> & needs to close.
>>

>> Can someone please help in fixing this problem?   Frank

Thanks, this fixed it.

0
Frank

Error message.
We are running ex55 all has been well for several years. but yesterday..... when when email is sent to our server, the sender gets the following error message. all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts: it appears that the DNS operator for this domain has installed an invalid MX record with an IP address instead of a domain name on the right hand side can someone please supply a fix for me. thanx. "RAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running ex55 all has been well for several years. >but yesterday..... >when when email is sen...

POP3 failure with Outlook 2003 Error 0x800ccc0d
I have been plagued by this problem lately. My email reading (POP3 protocol) conduit is broken. It seems to be related to the installation of the latest version of Outlook 2003. The Microsoft site insists that it is caused by an incompatibility between Outlook and Norton Virus Scanner. The problem with this assertion is that I am running McAfee. Nontheless, I followed instructions and disabled the email virus scanner, disabled the firewall (McAffee Personal Firewall Plus), purged all off-line contect and cookies. This procedure worked the first couple of times I tried ti, but now the failure...

Forwarding a message
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? I don't think there's a way to automatically exclude it but you can manually remove it (which I'm sure you knew already) "Albert Sapiano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b801c3a775$f0993310$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I forward the reply mail received without it > including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Update viewstate error
Hi! I get following error when pick some report: updateViewState error. Did anyone have something similar? Help! did u turn on the view state ib .config file??? i think MS is not using the view satat at all "Domagoj Fabricni" <something@pero.com> wrote in message news:OxumcjZ6DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I get following error when pick some report: updateViewState error. > > Did anyone have something similar? Help! > > ...

Test Message
7/16/2010 9:12:12 AM ...

Error Synchronizing Account Records
Hi together I encount the following problem while going offline with Microsoft CRM 3.0: I cannot take my accounts offline, the error description sais: "Failed move data for entity "account" during action salnsert, countRows:93. Contact your system administrator for assistance and try going offline again" Well, since I am the system administrator (and I have no idea) and try going offline again does not seem to work even if I filter my account differently does not seem to make a difference, the only way I can go offline is when I disable the accounts from the local data. S...

message tracking (2)
Hello there.. Any idea if the Message Tracking tool can be used to monitor messages that are being sent from an Exch2k user to another Exch2k user in the same organization I have a mailbox that whenever it receives an e-mail, it sends a copy to another mailbox. I'd like to track these forward copy messages Thanks Cheers... ...

Messages are vanished from my inbox
Please help retrive the same We need more information from you if we are going to be able to help -- please describe the problem you are having in more detail. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u%23ZqpLpLEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, chandra wrote: > Please help retrive the same ...

help with referenced memory error message
We are working with office 2000 small business edition. In the publisher portion, we create newsletters for our church. When publisher opens up I click onto newsletter and then click on the style of newsletter. At this point it tries to load but stops error message: THE INSTRUCTION AT "0x005874ac" REFERENCED MEMORY AT "0x00005643". THE MEMORY COULD NOT BE READ. CLICK OK TO TERMINATE PROGRAM. Is there any fix for this particular error. This started about 2 to 3 weeks ago and have not had any problems before that with this program? Thank you for your help Bil...

Receive problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3345044547_469066 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3345044547_444925" --B_3345044547_444925 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have not been able to download email to my entourage account for some time. It returns the following message: Even when I re-enter the password, it comes up with the same thing. I am on Mac OSX and entourage X for Mac. ...

Exchange 2007 on Outlook 2003 message encoding
Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2007 Outlook 2003 on clients. We have encountered a problem with an auto generated message that is created from an SQL database. The message is plain text but contains data that is formatted with tabs etc so that the data can be extracted easily into Excel by the recipients. Before the migration to Exchange 2007, when the recipients received the message, they could copy all the data and paste it into Excel 2003 and each field of data would paste correctly and line up in the Columns and Rows in the sheet as the formatting was carried through from the message c...

Crystal APS logon error
Hi, When I try logging on to the APS server with the Enterprise Authentication option via Crystal Report 9, I get the error "Failed to download secEnterprise plug-in setup program". But I was able to login to the CRM database and browse thru the CRM database with no problem, also using CR9. What am I missing here? Anybody got any idea? thanks CW ...

Sent Messages
When I send messages, they seldom appear in my Sent folder. Some do and most don't. I have it set to send all sent messages to the Sent folder. Wonder what's up? Well they are supposed to go there. You can try compacting and = repairing the database to see if that makes any difference (see = www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You might also check for 3rd party program = interference (see point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3). steve "leslawman" <leslawman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:D40BFF13-0FF5-4871-A3B2-3888BDAAA91A@microsoft.com....

CRM 1.2 Accessing error
Hi, I am getting the next error when Im trying to get access to my MCRM 1.2 server: COMException (0x8000ffff): catastrophic Error ] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.WhoAmI() +0 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Cache cache, String username) +227 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Page page) +72 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +104 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 My enviroment is compose by 2 WIN2003 servers. 1. WIN 2003, 8GB RAM, 360 GB HD, SP1, S...

Disappearing e-mail messages
I am running MIcrosoft Server 2003, with Exchange 2003. I have 1 user account that every few days has his inbox cleared of all e-mail messages. I have reinstalled Outlook with no help. This only happens on 1 account so I am pretty baffled. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark. In news:9BDFCA38-3408-46A7-BFA1-4C09CA7B6929@microsoft.com, Mark Howell <MarkHowell@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am running MIcrosoft Server 2003, with Exchange 2003. > > I have 1 user account that every few days has his inbox cleared of all > ...

error messages opening publisher files
I have been unable to open some Publisher files sinces installing Windows XP, how can I open these? Do you have Norton, disable script blocking and in Norton Options, misc..disable Office Plug-in. You might want to disable any anti-virus software you may have and see if you can open the files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tarrin" <tarrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99BC5F17-FB8A-45F6-B134-59E7EDB2EF13@microsoft.com... >I have been unable to open some Publisher files since...

macro needs info on currently highlighted message in search folder
I created a search folder, "Messages Sent Or Received Prior To 2008) by using the Advanced Search and creating a query. The list of messages is shown, including just the lowest level folder name. I can navigate through the messages, and I'd like write a macro to show the full folder path of the currently selected (not opened) message, because I have many dozens of folders and they're not all named uniquely at the lowest level. Can this be done? Thanks tbone Show it where? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Program...

Intelligent Message Filtering Question
We just installed the filter yesterday and have set the gateway SCL setting to 4. Unfortunately mail sent by the public from our comercial web site back to the home office is being given a SCL of 4 and it is archived, thus never reaching some important departments. I have added the recipient to the Exception List under Connection Filterng in Message Delivery Properties and this has not made a difference. Is there another way besides increasing the SCL to let mail from this particular domain pass through the Gateway? Thanks, Pete I would add it to the Accept section of the "Global ...

error on eConnect post.
I followed the following block of code, but got this error message. Anyone knows what's the problem? ========== error ============ "eConnect Requester service did not return xml. <eConnectOut><DOCTYPE>Customer</DOCTYPE><OUTPUTTYPE>2</OUTPUTTYPE><INDEX1TO> AARONFIT0001</INDEX1TO><INDEX1FROM> AARONFIT0001</INDEX1FROM><FORLIST>1</FORLIST><ACTION>5</ACTION></eConnectOut>" ========== code ============ Dim serializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(eConnectType)) Dim eConnect As New eC...

NT-Security-Descriptor gone
In Exchange 5.5 administrator, I get error 0xc00206fc whenever I try to access my own mailbox or go to its permissions tab. It's not affecting the mailboxes of any other users that we know of. I looked at the Raw properties and the Primary Windows NT account is still there, but the NT-Security-Descriptor field is missing. We've got Exchange 2003 in our Org and have been using the Active Directory Connector lately but my mailbox was OK after we configured the connection agreements. There was a new connection agreement configured today for a remote site but we did not see any problems ...

Can't see messages in Inbox
When I go to Outlook, and click on the Inbox, the inbox showed up for a second, then it is replaced by PopNav website. This website had replaced my homepage in IE also. I can't see messages in my Inbox anymore. HELP !! What can I do to fix this? Note: as of yesterday my Outlook inbox worked fine. "Fie Fie Niles" <fniles@wincitesystems.com> wrote in message news:efE6nNo6DHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I go to Outlook, and click on the Inbox, the inbox showed up for a > second, then it is replaced by PopNav website. This website had replaced my > homepage ...

windows mail...error message and I can't send mail.
I get the same error message, but not all the time. Randomly I will not be able to read or send mail. I copied but there is no provision to past it here...so annoying. Unknown error...server, etc... Same error message as what? If you can type in a window, you can paste text into it. Are you trying to paste an image? That won't work. Next time you get a Windows Mail error message, right-click on that error message, click Copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't=20 do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MV...

Users are Receiving Duplicate Errors
Users are Receiving Duplicate Errors when they try to add a new opportunity. How do I troubleshoot? ...

Shorten Width of Message Box
I have a Message box that appears when called and it about 10" wide on screen. Any ideas on how I might shorten the width? If (MsgBox("When Primary and Alternate Parts have the same Brand and no other Alternate selected, values will not be reset. Continue and Filter Alternates again to manually edit values.", 273, "Warning") <> 1) Then 'Clear Order Values DoCmd.CancelEvent Exit Sub End If Try the following: Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "When Primary and Alternate Parts have th...

Advanced queue failed to deliver message #2
Hi, We have a problem receiving mail from someone. The messages come in to the server, and then it gets submitted to the Advanced Queue, and then I get the error message that the Advanced Queue failed to deliver message. Where is the message? Is there any way to retrieve it? How do I resolve the issue? Thanks! Jeff Hi Jeff, Do you have any anti-spam anti-virus products installed on your server, or ISA in your environment? This can sometimes be the cause, check the logs for these products. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.Excha...