Backing up large amounts

Can you recomend a backup service that will take large amounts of data to
start?  I actually don't need to back up a lot on any day but I have a lot
of data, several hundred gb worth.  I add to this here and there.

0
Robert
3/11/2010 7:21:07 AM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Insert Large File with pure TSQL?
I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is all I need. Any suggesions? Thanks. SnapDive (SnapDive@community.nospam) writes: > I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put > a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or > anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off > testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is...

Empty excel file is too large
I deleted all sheets from my excel file which was 7M. However, the file is still 2M. I only have one sheet on it, which is empty. Why is the file so big? There is no VBA code behind it, or any formula. I create another blank excel file, and it's only 80K bytes. Why is my file still 2M? NOTE: When I send it to a TEXT FILE, I see garbage characters. Try this IA http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Note: Don't save the file in two versions but only as Microsoft excel workbook Not as 97-2002 & 5.0/95 workbook(this make your workbook big) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Wi...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

I'm getting a large toolbox for email that I can't get rid of
I've tried everthing to get rid of this toolbox, but I just can't. It's only on one document, not all of them. Any ideas? Does this toolbox look a lot like email headers? If yes, try: File|Send to|Unselect Mail Recipient. (it's difficult to see that the icon is pushed in at first glance.) Sue wrote: > > I've tried everthing to get rid of this toolbox, but I > just can't. It's only on one document, not all of them. > Any ideas? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell
I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the same line out of the visible cell. Dragging the bottom of the cell down does not make the text appear. Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>. Pls note the max cell width is 255 chars. "Mandra" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell > formatted to wrap text, but after...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

PivotTables and large datasets
What's the best way to enable a PivotTable to address a data set containing more than 65, 536 rows of data? My one stipulation is that I must be able to hide the source data from the clients that are using the PivotTable. I've been able to do this to date by turning on protection for the worksheet that contains the source data. Thanks for any help! Ken best to put data in access. <Ken> wrote in message news:X9qdneXsFYV4WurcRVn-jw@speakeasy.net... > What's the best way to enable a PivotTable to address a data set containing > more than 65, 536 rows of data? > &...

Update invoice so it shows partial amount paid and new amount due
Does anyone know how to update an invoice after receiving and applying a partial payment, so that you can print out the invoice again showing the partial payment made as well as the remaining amount due? We often have people pay us 1/2 up front and 1/2 when the work is completed. So I want to send out a follow up invoice showing the original total amount, the payment they have already made, and then the remaining amount now due. Thanks, Adam Have you looked up the "Record payment on a customer invoice" topic in Money's Help? I'm not sure that Money can do exactly...

Large RMS installs of 100+
Does anyone know of any large RMS installs of 100+ stores using Headquarters?? I have heard they are out there but Nobody has given me specifics. I have heard that POSitive Technology has some and I have also heard there is currently one being done by GIS (Global Implementation Systems) I understand that they are doing a VERY LARGE implementation of a RMS + Fuel Pump Integration + Great Plains in Malaysia somewhere. ANY help would be greatly appreciated Hi Tony, What details are you after? Ivan Brebner "Tony Cormack" <TonyCormack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Large Emails Keep Resending: Send Timeout Error
Using Outlook 2003 in WinXP. Upgraded from Outlook 2000. Emails with large attachments, usually around 1MB and larger, when sent, will generate an error message that the send operation timed out. Outlook then attempts to resend the email accordingly. The emails never leave the Outbox or appears as a Sent Item. The recipients however, end up receiving multiple copies of the email as a result of the resends. Outlook isn't aware that the email was sent. Can't find a post in the knowledge base that addresses this. Any help would be most appreciated. Thx! Clark Smith Never ...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Outlook 2003 Email Immediate Bounce Back
I'm having an odd problem with outgoing email in Outlook 2003. I just got a new laptop w/XP Pro and loaded the MS Office Standard Suite w/SP1. I also downloaded and installed Office SP3. I set up Outlook email w/all my POP3 settings and tested the settings in Outlook -- all fine. Incoming email is no problem. However for some outgoing emails, I get an immediate (and I mean instantaneous) bounce-back message that looks like the following: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 2/5/2010 12:13 PM The following re...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

No decimal place on check amount and terminology
I am printing MLCHECK for Canadian Check, I have configured eveything I need subject to the article I "931445" at CustomerSource site. However; when I print a check on my DEMO company, I do not see the terminology printed and on the check portion, the check amount is missing the decimal place. For example; my total check amount is $18799.33 but only $18799 printed on cheque portion. The amount on stub portion is OK. And I got this without terminology, I have done the configuration. **Eighteen Thousand Seven Hundred Ninety Nine 33 *******18,799 Anyone can help? ...

Back
is it my imagination or is there a forumla that you can use to go BACK to the previous sheet that you were on....or am i just imagining it? somthing like =()back and if it actually does work how do i actually put it into the workbook?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No such formula that I know of, but it is to create one It's fairly simple. Put this code in a normal code module Public iCurrSheet As Long Public iPrevSheet As Long Sub GoBack() If iCurrSheet <> iPrevSheet Then Worksheets(iPrevSheet).Activate End If End Sub and this ...

Back-Up Data & Delete Data
I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into RMS Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to recover my database once it's been deleted? "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7D52BA8C-FF21-4947-94EE-6E9732146984@microsoft.com... >I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into >RMS > Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to > recover > my database once it's been deleted? No... You could backup your current da...

Move contact subfolders back to categories
Did a click & drag of some categories to contact subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? Once again, please, with more clarity. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sdm918" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ae3d01c44f21$e25e4340$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Did a click & drag of some categories to contact > subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? ...

Urgent
Had the reinstall RMS 1.3R and patches on a test machine since my backoffice computer crashed. Now I get Tool ID already exist - when i try to access SO Manager. No problems with SO Administrator - I can do queries no problem. This machine had the demo version pos2009 installed on it which I removed before installing RMS 1.3R Plus Patches... WinXP all patches Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015F_01CA3868.BD086A40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dan, You have a bad report file. C...

Backing Up
This seems so ridiculous but how do I back up with out backing up my backup? I have an external hard drive - "F." When I run the back up utility and select - back up entire system, it factors in F into the back up and it backs up everything. I just want to back up the C drive. I would like to run the full back up so that it will create the back up disk. I guess an option would be to back it up to C:\ with the hard drive disconnected and then copy that file to the hard drive. Might that work? Any other ideas? Many thanks. So that I am not accused of cross-posting...