audible click when opening a new window.

I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
computer makes.  How can I turn this off?

Thanks!

Amadeus
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try:

Control Panel-Sounds
"Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus
<Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
>out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
>computer makes.  How can I turn this off?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Amadeus
0
Alan
6/13/2010 9:49:24 PM
Alan, Thank you very much for your help!  It worked like a charm.  Actually I
had already gone to control panel and sounds but for some reason didn't clear
the sound for navigation.  Thanks again.

Amadeus

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Try:
>
> Control Panel-Sounds
> "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items.
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus
> <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
> >out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
> >computer makes.  How can I turn this off?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Amadeus
> .

How to tell if a form is open
I want to know how to return a value telling me whether or not a form is currently open. Something like this pseudo-code: If Forms![new appointment].Open = True Then 'send harry a box of chocolates' End If Cheers -- Nick Assuming Access 2000 or later: If CurrentProject.AllForms("new appointment").IsLoaded Then -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Nick Heath" <NickHeath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Blocking mouse clicks #2
In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks. How could I achieve this? What's wrong with BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor()? AliR. "Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xWfY4pRFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. > I'm using Martyn's CPersi...

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

right click
how can I ban right clicks on my pages - I dont really want people to click wrongly on buttons. also how would I stop the code for me to work on it though!! Amy You can use a event for this Copy this in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub See Chip Pearson's site also http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1df101c50c2b$bf1fb360$a...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

right click #2
Can a 'right click' menu be changed? I'd like to add some things For example, I'd like to select some cells then right click on the selection and convert it to values Also, I've recorded a macro that converts a selection to values, but it's probably not the most efficient way to do it. What's the easiest way to convert a selection to values through a macro? This macro would add the ability to bring up the sort wizard from the right click menu. I took the basic idea from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA. For more information ...

Opening Workbook to a specific cell
I share a workbook with other users. We would like the workbook to always open with the cursor at the last edited cell for all users. How can we set a workbook up so that no matter who opens it, the cursor is always on the last edited cell? Hi this would require VBA (using an event procedure and somethere storing this last cell information). I'm sure this will get complicated in a shared workbook so I wouldn't do this honestly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Arrants wrote: > I share a workbook with other users. We would like the workbook to > always open with ...

How do I set pop-up Reminder Window to turn off Out of Office?
When I return to the office after being out, the older version of Microsoft used to have a pop-up Reminder that my Out-of-Office was on, and I was prompted to turn it off if I wanted to. Is there a way to set it up so I get that Reminder with this version? what version of Outlook do you use now? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-R...

OL 2003 very slow open HTTP link
I installed Office 2007, hated it, removed it and reinstalled 2003. Now my OL (2003) acts just like the OL (2007) and takes forever to open links to the web. Http... any ideas? I removed all folders that reference Office12 Thanks Bob ...

Certain users cannot open attachments
I some users that can't open attachments in Outlook, saying they don't have sufficient rights. This is outlook running in a Citrix environment.. seems like a time out issue. Anyone seen this? ...

Question about the Windows 7 API CodePack
A question about this item: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/WindowsAPICodePack/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3574 I installed it, built the solution, and figured that I could just set a reference to the DLL and use it in my code. Instead of getting one DLL, each of the five projects in the solution creates an 88k Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll. And when I set a reference to any of them from my program, I can't use the various interfaces and such. For instance, this code: Imports Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll .... For Each folder as IKnownFolder in KnownFold...

chat box dont appears when double clicking on a contact person
In windows 7: The latest version msn messenger live: When i wil chat with one of my contacts, to double click on this contact, my chatbox dont open! I do see my chatbox below, in miniature on my taskbar, and also there cant i maximize the chatbox due double clicking on it. Someone have an idea? For all the people how can help me, thanks in advantage... Greetings Joke, It's probably displaying the window off screen, say if you had some Messenger conversation windows up before the screen changed resolution for a game or similar. To bring it back into focus, hover over ...

How to open various Excel files on its on windows like Word do?
-- Benny Tools>Options>View>Windows In Taskbar Make sure 'Windows In Taskbar' is checked. HTH, -- Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this Post Helpfull to you?''. "Benny" wrote: > > -- > Benny ...

Double-click handling
How do I either: - (a) Interpret a physical double-click as two successive single clicks. (b) Receive double-click messages (WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK). I know I have to set CS_DBLCLKS - but where and when? Thanks, Brian Maybe I should add ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK() to my message map... "Brian Toothill" <.> wrote in message news:uvZuCe4cDHA.828@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I either: - > > (a) Interpret a physical double-click as two successive single clicks. > (b) Receive double-click messages (WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK). I know I have to set > CS_DBLCLKS - but where and wh...

Excel not opening with a blank document
When I open Excel, it no longer opens with a blank document. It is now opening a document without asking for it. This is happening only on one PC, so I assume there must be a setting or something to that effect. Am at a loss of the solution. I would appreciate any help. Thanks Rhonda I'd guess someone put a normal XLS in the user's XLSTART folder. Excel will automatically open any files there when it starts. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Rhonda" <rhonda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220701c4ac8f$921e3310$a601280a@phx.gbl... | When I open Excel, it ...

Excel window visible!
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet)at the execution of my script that read the first line third column ofa specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Hereis my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("D:\Robert\DOCUMENT\XLS \ClasseurDoc.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow =...

Outlook hanging when I click on a hyperlink.
If I click on a hyperlink within an email, Outlook hangs and has to be force-closed...anyone have any ideas how to fix this ? Cheers ! ...

Cannot open or import pst file
Hi, Have just had to rebuild me PC. I made sure to save and make copies of my Outlook 2002 pst files before the rebuild. I have now rebuilt and am trying to configure my Outlook 2002, only I cannot add my pst files as I get the following error message. "File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file". This is driving me insane, any help greatly appreciated. Cathy Exactly how are you trying to access the pst (file>open, file import, etc), and where is the pst located (hard drive, CD, Etc)? "Cathy" <ccutayar@totalise.co.uk> wr...

Creating new class on the basis of second dialog window
Creating new class on the basis of second dialog window, which goes in only one file. One man has the second dialog window (Visual C++ 6), which takes in editbox - CString variable value. On the basis of it he creates the class CMsgDlg. As a rule, he must create in the main dialog window class member-variable m_dMsgDlg with the type CMsgDlg. Then he insert into file main_dialog_window.cpp before the line main_dialog_window.H - #include "MsgDlg.H." Then with the help of the member-variable m_dMsgDlg, from main dialog window he calls the second dialog window : if(m_dMsgDlg.DoMod...

open dba files
I have Windows 2003 and Palm 1S. Trying to recover Palm archive data in .dba format. Windows won't let me cut or paste file from archive to pda. Can anyone help? Thanks. And your Word question is? "ShirleyD" <ShirleyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:301AF667-A258-49F3-B32C-9715B96B0DBD@microsoft.com... :I have Windows 2003 and Palm 1S. Trying to recover Palm archive data in ..dba : format. Windows won't let me cut or paste file from archive to pda. Can : anyone help? Thanks. ...

Adding Sent date to default new mail form
Is there any way to simply add the "Sent" time and date field to the default form being used for creating a mail message? My enduser print ouot the message before sending it from that form and she woudl like to see the sent date. Thanks ...

Ability to track open rates, click through rates, and forwarding r
Looking for CRM Add-in or alternative Email program compatible with CRM that provides the ability to track open rates, click through rates, and forwarding rates of emails. ...

Clicking cells on sheet creates Text Box. How do I turn this off?
I have several sheets of a multi sheet workbook that seem to have Auto create on for Text Boxes. When I click on a cell, then try to click the lower right corner to drag the cell ad text box pops up in front of the cell and I cannot drag the cell since the cursor automatically jumps into the text box. This happens on 3 of 9 sheets in about half the columns. The sheets in question originally were clones of a sheet that did not have this problem and other clones don't have the problem. Can not figure out how to turn this off! Help! This sounds like a macro gone awry. If you clos...