Windows7 update has downloaded and installed, but configuring has

Update for Windows 7 has downloaded and installed. But after restart PC
configuring has failed. I tried few times. Please help me, how can I resolve
this problem???

Uchka wrote:
> Update for Windows 7 has downloaded and installed. But after restart PC
> configuring has failed. I tried few times. Please help me, how can I
> resolve
> this problem???

Have any specifics?

Operating System specifics?
Windows 7 _______ edition ___-bit

Update specifics?
KB ______

What is your current AntiVirus solution?
(Manufacturer and version, please.)

Do you use any third party firewall programs?
(Manufacturer and version, please.)

Last time you successfully installed a Windows 7 update?

Was this a clean installation of Windows 7 or did you upgrade a previous
installation to Windows 7?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
2/1/2010 12:45:53 AM

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Uchka wrote:
> > Update for Windows 7 has downloaded and installed. But after restart PC
> > configuring has failed. I tried few times. Please help me, how can I
> > resolve
> > this problem???
>
> Have any specifics?
>
> Operating System specifics?
> Windows 7 _______ edition ___-bit
>
> Update specifics?
> KB ______
>
> What is your current AntiVirus solution?
> (Manufacturer and version, please.)
>
> Do you use any third party firewall programs?
> (Manufacturer and version, please.)
>
> Last time you successfully installed a Windows 7 update?
>
> Was this a clean installation of Windows 7 or did you upgrade a previous
> installation to Windows 7?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

Messages not updating over IMAP
I'm using Outlook 2003 to connect to a mail account using IMAP. My message sin the folder don't update and often I continue to see old messages in there and not see new ones. How do I tell outlook that I want to rebuild the IMAP folder from scratch each time I click on the folder? I don't want to save copies locally or anything I just want a fresh view of the remote mail box each time I click on the folder. Thanks. kimwebb@gmail.com <kimwebb@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 to connect to a mail account using IMAP. My > message sin the folder don'...

IMF updates?
IMF is great, albeit a little hard to understand (e.g. UI has inaccuracies, sometimes exhibits bizarre behaviour). Two questions: 1. If the smartscreen technology is based upon user feedback, how does the IMF update its spam engine? 2. If MS rolls out updates to the IMF to resolve issues, how do I know about them and how are they installed? There has been no official announcement from Microsoft about how and when the updates will be distributed. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nat" <Nat@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

SHAME ON MICROSOFT for discontinuing downloadable statements!
Is anyone else as ticked off with Microsoft for discontinuing downloadable statements MID-YEAR ? I totally understand if the business model does not allow a company the ability to contine a product, but KEEP THE SYSTEM GOING AT LEAST LONG ENOUGHT TO COMPLETE THE YEAR! BAD, bad business practices! Shame on you Microsfoft. ...

Petition Microsoft to open a Newsgroup/Usenet for Windows7 Discussions
Unless people move their lazy a** to petition Microsoft for creating a Usenet/Newsgroup for Windows7 discussions (in addition to WebForum )NOTHING will happen. Likewise water does not flow by itself but due to force of gravitation or pumping. Every message counts. I messaged Microsoft, but too many of you guys sit and count on someone else doing it, b/c admittedly it takes time to get thru the maze of Corporate contacts which Microsoft as most companies who are overloaded w/customers communications, is impeding to reduce the Customer Support load . But email contacts are t...

insert row in list and formula does not update
When I insert a new row inside my list, the formulas below do not automatically update. They do not point to the new row numbers. It is as if the formula thinks the cell reference is absolute. It is not. any idea? is this a setting that I an turn off? thanks. This is the way Excel was designed In A10 I enter =F1 and copy this down to A15 Let column F has number 1,2,3,4.... So I see in A10:A15: the same series 1,2,3,4..... Now I insert a row between A10 and A11 Now I see 1, (blank), 2,3,4.... If in A10 I use =INDIRECT("F"&ROW()-9) and copy. I still see 1,2,3,4 But now when...

Updating linked workbooks
Hi there I have been emailed a workbook which on opening prompts me to update links. If I say no (I do not have the linked workbooks), the linked cells change to #N/A. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks Michael xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors. Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Maybe it'll work for you. Michael Rekas wro...

completed tasks not updating
When I send a task over the web to another company and they complete the task and send it back as complete, my original task I assigned to them is not updated as "complete". My only option is to delete it from my task list. ...

Updating a field's data to another field in same table???
I hope I make sense. What and how is the best way to update a field with data from another field from the same table? Everything from Field 1 to Field 2. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html The article describes how - and, more importantly, when - to store a field that depends on another field. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "TotallyConfused" <...

update VBA from query
Hi all, Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query called from the VBA code. EG docmd.openquery "testquery" ' has one filed that returns a number get returned value from query to use here T = return from query If so how do do this. regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:51:56 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query...

Money Banking Services Update.
I am trying to follow the instructions to update the banking services for Money 2007 When I get to the page where I should "Cancel Online Services" if I try to click the OK button...nothing happens. It's as if it's not available. I've tried closing and opening the program. I've tried rebooting. What the h** is going on? Has anyone else had this problem? what else am i supposed to do? Unistall and reintall it? Will that actually stop the services? In microsoft.public.money, Christopher wrote: > I am trying to follow the instructions to update the ba...

Cannot update DRM security in WMP 11
The hard drive in my laptop died and was replaced by another hard drive from my husband's computer. After reading several KB articles, it seems that the DRM is related to a specific piece of hardware and changing the harddrive means WMP thinks my computer is my husband's old computer and will not let me make this update. I tried to reinstall Vista in order to reinstall WMP, but was told I could not upgrade. All I had was a Vista upgrade, not a full version. Getting the WMP DRM to work is not worth doing a clean install, since all I use the DRM for is to listen to aud...

Windows Update not downloading KB968389
OS Vista Home Premium SP1. Am only on dialup but have previously not had problems d/l at night up to 150MB of updates. Yet when KB968389 is selected, day or night it shows 0 progress with the d/l. Any help gratefully received. Hal wrote: > > OS Vista Home Premium SP1. Am only on dialup but have previously not had > problems d/l at night up to 150MB of updates. Yet when KB968389 is > selected, day or night it shows 0 progress with the d/l. Any help > gratefully received. You could manually DL it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...

Manual statement download after banking update
After July 19th update bank account institution no longer listed. Followed instuctions for update to work for Money 2007 with this and other accounts other institutions that did not show password text box. Since the one bank was no longer listed tried to manually download statement from using OFX file. File downloaded and text box appeared as usual stating file import complete, but file did not update in account register and no register review shown on money home page. Repeated several times with no success. Other accounts with institution listed by Money work properly and have correct...

Get a Sony Laptop with Genuine windows7 Premium!!!
Get a Sony Laptop with Genuine windows7 Premium For more details http://jobinfoworld.webnode.com ...

MsgBox How Meny records updated
how can I create A msg box should show how many records the run sql cmd just updated I have the set warnings off Hi, something like "dim RA as Long" "currentproject.Connection.Execute "Command String", RA"? Can you show us the code? >zionsaal@gmail.com wrote: >how can I create A msg box should show how many records the run sql >cmd just updated I have the set warnings off -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Look into the RecordsAffected Property of a DAO Recordset. zionsaal...

RUS not updating...
all of a sudden, when i create a new user, the email address will not auto create. i'm not getting any dns errors. any ideas? JOn Take a glance at the post with subject: "Creat mailbox error ! Please help". It may be helpful for you. "Jon" wrote: > all of a sudden, when i create a new user, the email > address will not auto create. i'm not getting any dns > errors. any ideas? > > > JOn > ...

Record not updating right away
Using Access 2003. I have a combox lookup field on a form. When I double click on that field, my physician subform opens up to add a new physician. When I add a new physician, I have to enter the last name, then first name and click back into the last name field then click ok for that name to show up in the list. If I don't do it exactly right and click into the next record for instance, I have to close the database before the new physician name shows up in my list. I have a command button on this subform and in the "on click" event procedure I have this code below. N...

Exchange 2003 installation problem
Hello All- I am so frustrated with Exchange. This all started out when I installed Exchange 2007 and backed out because of all the restrictions and it was so radically different from Exchange 2003. So I uninstalled it and went through all kinds of gyrations to do so. Then I reinstalled Exchange 2003 and there were multiple administrative groups and mailboxes wouldn't create. So I completely uninstalled it, IIS and all the related services. Then I went into ADSIedit.msc and changed the heuristics value to none. Now I am trying to reinstall Exchange 2003 and at the Forest Preparation...

Update on this....
I also notice that when I close and re-open, some of the icons I added are no longer there. This is more problematic than just being in disarray! ...

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...

No program updates for Money 2004?
I just did my best to navigate Microsoft's web site in search of program updates to Money 2004. I found nothing. Did Microsoft issue any updates, services packs, or whatever for Money 2004? I'm trying to estimate when (if ever) Microsoft issues an update to Money 2005, which seems to be rather unusable now. Thanks for any history lessons! -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com Money 2004 updates have always been installed automatically when you select "Internet Updates". Make sure the "Get the Latest Money Updates" checkbox is checked. Brian "...

outlook installation #3
I have just set up Register.com to work with my outlook and I have a Palm V. My Palm is not syncing and I can't send word attachments Have you tried contacting Palm for support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jeff asked: | I have just set up Register.com to work with my outlook | and I have a Palm V. My Palm is not syncing and I can't | send word attachments ...

Entourage Crash After MS Update

Help with OFX downloads
When I download a OFX file from my bank, Money imports the file, but it shows the transactions as Deposits only. What am I doing wrong? On 2005-10-26, Wonka <Wonka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I download a OFX file from my bank, Money imports the file, but it shows > the transactions as Deposits only. What am I doing wrong? That's an odd problem. Does this happen with only one bank or with all of your banks. (Do you have more than one bank in Money?) Also, what version of Money are you using? Are you using Essential* registers? Basically, what I'm try...