Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu fails to install

Hello all!

I am trying to install "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" update which is
required by .NET Framework 4.0, and the installation just fails saying:

"The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB958488)"

Any one knows what this update is for? And how to see the log why it fails?

Thanks!

Wild guesses include:

Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?

Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a KB958488
anywhere.]

Are you still running Win7 RC?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992

Yautja Hunter wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to install "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" update which is
> required by .NET Framework 4.0, and the installation just fails saying:
>
> "The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB958488)"
>
> Any one knows what this update is for? And how to see the log why it
> fails?
>
> Thanks!

0
PA
5/31/2010 7:42:39 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?

No. And I've used Cleanup Tool to remove unsuccessful installation of .NET
Framework 4.0.

> Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a KB958488
> anywhere.]

Well, yes. The point is that "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is part of
the installation package of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
When I try install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (tried both web and
standalone full installer) it fails with the following log:

Exe (E:\82a06bea561c9e3db5ab36\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu) failed
with 0xbc9 - The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
roll back changes made.
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Error 0xbc9 is mapped to Custom Error:
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action: Performing actions on all Items...
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
(0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).

As you can see the "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is the stumbling
block. Therefore, I hoped to install it separetly so that .NET Framework 4.0
could overcome it.

> Are you still running Win7 RC?
No. My system is 6.1.7600.
And have you rebooted?

Yautja Hunter wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?
>
> No. And I've used Cleanup Tool to remove unsuccessful installation of .NET
> Framework 4.0.
>
>> Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a
>> KB958488
>> anywhere.]
>
> Well, yes. The point is that "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is part
> of
> the installation package of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
> When I try install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (tried both web and
> standalone full installer) it fails with the following log:
>
> Exe (E:\82a06bea561c9e3db5ab36\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu) failed
> with 0xbc9 - The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required
> roll back changes made.
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Error 0xbc9 is mapped to Custom Error:
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action: Performing actions on all Items...
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
> (0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required
> to roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).
>

> As you can see the "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is the stumbling
> block. Therefore, I hoped to install it separetly so that .NET Framework
> 4.0
> could overcome it.
>
>> Are you still running Win7 RC?
> No. My system is 6.1.7600.

0
PA
5/31/2010 10:17:12 PM
> And have you rebooted?

Of course. Many times, after different operations. It's all the same: .NET
Framework 4.0 won't install.

My Windows is fully updated though.
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> My Windows is fully updated though.

What application is installed which requires .NET Framework 4.0?
2
PA
6/1/2010 4:38:37 AM
> What application is installed which requires .NET Framework 4.0?

I am trying to install Xvid4PSP Video Converter (http://www.winnydows.com) -
it's one the best converters I've ever seen. It won't install unless it
detects .NET Framework 4.0 in the system. Earlier versions worked without
..NET Framework 4.0, but latest ones (so called "Daily betas" ) require it.
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
> (0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
> roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).

0x00000BC9 means exactly what it states, nothing more.

Suggest you check this thread:
..NET 4.0 will not install on Windows 7
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/1e40f004-1892-4ccc-bf22-cdd247b0099e

Although the error in that thread may not be the same as the one your
system is experiencing, YiChun Chen shows the poster how to collect the
installation logs from Temp using

Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection Tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en

Check for issues with WinSxS in the logs. If an issue(s) do exist with
WinSxS, then there are only 4 steps that will resolve it (them):

1) Run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR)
2) Run the System File Checker (Elevated- aka Run as admin)
3) Try an "in-place upgrade" (aka Repair Install)
4) Reformat/reinstall

BTW, suggest you check out Aaron Stebner's blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/05/13/10012778.aspx

He is "The Source" for troubleshooting .NET issues. You can contact him
from the Comments areas or via the "Email Blog Author" link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/contact.aspx

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen
6/1/2010 4:37:12 PM
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> I am trying to install Xvid4PSP Video Converter
> (http://www.winnydows.com) -
> it's one the best converters I've ever seen. It won't install unless it
> detects .NET Framework 4.0 in the system. Earlier versions worked without
> .NET Framework 4.0, but latest ones (so called "Daily betas" ) require it.

What Mow said.

Or post here for assistance: http://forum.winnydows.com/viewforum.php?f=23

-1
PA
6/1/2010 10:36:00 PM
I already have been in extensive discussion with YiChun Chen:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/8fb799a2-56f2-428d-9598-c002935b82be?prof=required

YiChun Chen has checked my logs (collected with Microsoft Visual Studio and
..NET Framework Log Collection Tool) and concluded that there is an error with
Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu update which is installed by .NET Framework
4.0. However he doesn't understand what hinders the installation of that
update. He ran out of ideas and suggested that I ask about it at this Windows
Update forum. So now I am here :-)
-1
You could always do a clean install of Win7 & try again.
-1
PA
6/2/2010 5:32:53 PM
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> I already have been in extensive discussion with YiChun Chen:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/8fb799a2-56f2-428d-9598-c002935b82be?prof=required
>
> YiChun Chen has checked my logs (collected with Microsoft Visual Studio and
> .NET Framework Log Collection Tool) and concluded that there is an error with
> Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu update which is installed by .NET Framework
> 4.0. However he doesn't understand what hinders the installation of that
> update. He ran out of ideas and suggested that I ask about it at this Windows
> Update forum. So now I am here:-)

GMTA ? <w> I see YiChun Chen recommended the running of the System
Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR). Have you done so and checked the
log(s) it created ? Would you please post one of the logs ?

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Click the " Download the update package now " link next to " All
supported x86-based versions of Windows 7 ".
That will take you to the download page.
Click the Continue button and the system will be Validated. Download
Windows6.1-KB947821-v5-x86.msu and *save* it.
Close *all* open programs and browsers.
Run Windows6.1-KB947821-v5-x86.msu.
The 2 logs it creates will be located at:

Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log <-- this log
Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log < -- or, this log

Check either log to see if running CheckSUR resolved all CBS 'issues'.
If it did, then suggest you try to install a manually downloaded
Standalone Installer copy of .NET 4 after configuring the system to
Clean boot. This is NOT the Web Installer, which is just a stub that
downloads the rest of the files, it's a 'package that installs the .NET
Framework runtime and associated files' :

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

BTW, don't you just love when posts are marked as Answers when they do
NOT resolve the issue that the thread is about ?
At best, it's childish, at worst, it's completely dishonest.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
-1
MowGreen
6/2/2010 5:45:33 PM
> GMTA ? <w> I see YiChun Chen recommended the running of the System
> Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR). Have you done so and checked the
> log(s) it created ? Would you please post one of the logs ?

Sure. Here they are:

From CheckSUR.log

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667
Package Version 8.0
2010-06-03 20:49

Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Packages
Checking Component Store

No errors detected
=================================

From CheckSUR.persist.log:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667
Package Version 8.0
2010-06-03 20:49

Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Packages
Checking Component Store

No errors detected
=================================

> Check either log to see if running CheckSUR resolved all CBS 'issues'.
> If it did, then suggest you try to install a manually downloaded
> Standalone Installer copy of .NET 4 after configuring the system to
> Clean boot. This is NOT the Web Installer, which is just a stub that
> downloads the rest of the files, it's a 'package that installs the .NET
> Framework runtime and associated files'

I have tried installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer),
it fails just the same as Web Installer.

What I HAVEN'T tried yet is performing a Clean Boot. I will try now. Be back
soon.

> BTW, don't you just love when posts are marked as Answers when they do
> NOT resolve the issue that the thread is about ?
> At best, it's childish, at worst, it's completely dishonest.

I don't understand why and who does it :-(
-1
Have performed Clean Boot and tried to install .NET Framework 4.0 using
Standalone Installer. FAILED as usual.

The complete log provided by .NET Framework Installer is too large to be
posted here. Can I send it to you by e-mail or provide a link here to a file
sharing service?

-1
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> Have performed Clean Boot and tried to install .NET Framework 4.0 using
> Standalone Installer. FAILED as usual.
>
> The complete log provided by .NET Framework Installer is too large to be
> posted here. Can I send it to you by e-mail or provide a link here to a file
> sharing service?

Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
specific thread and the one on MDSN.

Please, hold tight for now, Yautja

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

-1
MowGreen
6/3/2010 6:34:25 PM

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
> could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
> look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
> specific thread and the one on MDSN.
>
> Please, hold tight for now, Yautja

The log file is 112Kb. But it has too many lines (characters) and this forum
doesn't allow to post it completely.

Ok, I will wait for further instructions.

> MowGreen
> ================
>   *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>
> .

-1
You can send it to me and I'll forward it along, Yautja. My email user
name is mowgreen.
Just add the dot com to the end of gmail and you've got it. <w>

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Yautja Hunter wrote:

> "MowGreen" wrote:
>
>> Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
>> could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
>> look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
>> specific thread and the one on MDSN.
>>
>> Please, hold tight for now, Yautja
>
> The log file is 112Kb. But it has too many lines (characters) and this forum
> doesn't allow to post it completely.
>
> Ok, I will wait for further instructions.
>>

>> MowGreen
>> ================
>>    *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ================
>>
>> banthecheck.com
>> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>>
>> .

-1
MowGreen

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction failed.
I try to install CRM3, but instalation finishes whit error: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction failed. The system cannot find the path specified" What should I do? My mistake! I was installing from maped drive. "Kasia" wrote: > I try to install CRM3, but instalation finishes whit error: > > "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction failed. > The system cannot find the path specified" > > What should I do? ...

What's -1.#IND000000000000?
Hi, When I use the debugger, I found that some of my double variables hold a value as shown below. What's it? Is it DBL_MIN or a overflow double value? -1.#IND000000000000 If I need to check if a double variable is equal to it, should I say if (d == DBL_MIN) Your help is much appreciated. JD It means the result in a double has something mathmatically incorrect. I think you would also see this for unintialized double variables. Could also be an overflow. Have you initialized the variable in question? Tom "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%...

Public Folder Replication Does not word in 1 direction
We are running two Exchange servers: EXCH1 - E2K3 Ent., SP2, first installed EXCH2 - E2K3 Std., SP2, installed later Both are running on Win2K3 SP1 1 Admin Group, Server are located in different AD Sites PF replication works just fine from EXCH1 to EXCH2. It doesn't work at all from EXCH2 to EXCH1. I have followed all the standard troubleshooting such as confirming RUS is working, the Mail and Proxy Address match in ADSI Edit, etc. I also reapplied Exch SP2 last night. Mail transfer from EXCH2 to EXCH1 works flawlessly. Any and all incoming replication messages to EXCH1 are NDR'...

How do I do 2-column booklets (pages 1, 2, etc.) in Publisher?
I am trying to set up a two-column address book, landscape so that pages fold over and staple in the center of the booklet. Does Publisher automatically arrange these pages, or do I need to manually decide what page goes where in order for the booklet to come out right? Look at File, Page setup, Special fold, Horizontal..... It will provide pages in 4 page groups as you add pages. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Hart354" <Hart354@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EBEBEF-E2D9-4614-80E3-9F94A07038A4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set up a two-column addres...

Installing SFO Client [CRM 3.0] under W2000 against different Domain
Hi, I'm trying to install the CRM Outlook Client under W2000 against a CRM-Server which is in a different AD-domain. During Installation I get the error that the CRM-Server can't be reached. Connecting to the CRM-Server via browser works (but I always have to input username and password) Same thing with Windows XP works fine. Has anybody an idea? Thanks Kay This is not a supported configuration so there is not out of the box support for this But what may work (just a stray thought): -add the server to the trusted sites or local intranet zone in IE -customize the setttings ...

How do i enable all 1,00,000+ rows in excel 2007
Excel 2007 as more than 1,00,000 rows, but in our organisation setup i see only 65536 rows. How do i enable the remaining. Try to save as Excel 2007 * -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "free_ur_mind" <freeurmind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A988D314-8344-4CE2-B658-C6FAC58D8B95@microsoft.com... > Excel 2007 as more than 1,00,000 rows, but in our organisation setup i see > only 65536 rows. How do i enable the remaining. .... and then close the file, and then reopen it. You can change the default file format in Office button ...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Deployment snap-in failed to initalize on SBS 2003
I have crm installed on sbs 2003. The web interface works good, but the Deployment manager off of the start menu gives a mmc "snap-in failed to initialize" error and never starts. What needs to be done to get it working on sbs? Also, It is hard to find books on MS CRM. The two I see online do not have good reviews. Can you list any good books on crm that are a bit technical so I can dive into the product? Thanks Craig There are only two books out for Microsoft CRM. There is a large number of books that talk about CRM concepts in general "Craig Ramsey" <an...

CRM Router installed... Emails not going out
Hi: I have MSCRM 1.2. I have the Email Router installed on the Exchanger server. When I send out emails to other users, they emails show up in the Activities History, but the users never get the email. What is the problem? Where can I check to see if the actual emails are leaving the Exchange server? Thanks, Do Also wanted to add that we use an SMTP server hosted offsite to send out our emails. The Exchange server exists solely for the purpose of sending out CRM emails and not receiving them. Also, the emails show up in the user's workplace. When I send email to a person of...

Windows Installer runs when inserting clip art
I have a computer that I tried to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007. The upgrade did not go smoothly and I ended up uninstalling Office 2003 and doing a clean install of Office 2007. Now when I try to insert clip art in Publisher the Windows Installer program starts running and freezes up my computer. The same thing happens if I go to Clip Organizer and run that....Windows Installer wants to run. Could this be something in the registry? Thanks for any suggestions. A couple of things to try. Find mstore10.mgc and rename it to mstore10.old. It is in a folder similar to this (h...

Troubles with OWA since OWAADMIN installed
My config : - Windows 2003 Std server - exchange 2003 SP1 Hello, I have a problem for connecting user by Outlook Web Acces since I have installed on my server the tool OWAADMIN. The access is OK for Users using Outlook 2003. I think OWAADMIN have changed something about authentification of user because it's like the password was wrong (on the browser it asks me the username and password and there is error). Did you have similar problems? Do you have ideas about this problem, please? Thanks. ...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

CD Rom Drive Problm after installation of Publisher 2007 upgrade
Hi all, I installed the upgrade to Publisher and now my CD Rom drive doesn't see any disk. Anyone else have this problem ? -- Lori Has to be a coincidence... CD-Rom issues is a Windows problem. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E413FF9B-7F58-43D0-86EA-7840F700272C@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I installed the upgrade to Publisher and now my CD Rom drive doesn't see any > disk. Anyone else have this problem ? > -- > Lor...

Problem when installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 via auto updates
Hi, I've been getting an unusual thing happening when using auto updates. I get the little icon and am told I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) waiting to be installed. I click on install and it runs through and says install completed, and I then restart the PC. On boot up I have the little icon for updates again and find the update waiting is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524). On going to the u...

PDF failed in Word 2007
I got the following error message when trying to distill a Word 2007 file: Error in PDFX4 2007.joboptions>Check compliance out of range The file has a lot of engineering graphics. I'm not sure what the Word Acrobat Preferences should be set to or the Distiller PDF settings. I'm using Windows XP, Word 2007 v. 12.0.6504.5000 SP1 That's an Adobe problem. Take it up with Adobe support. Meanwhile, you can use the free Microsoft PDF addin for Office 2007 downloaded from the Office support site. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Janineh" <Janineh@di...

Vista installations (again)
In a couple of weeks I'm going to start looking at our installation again. Following a previous round of help in this group, we now use MS Visual Studio 2005's "Setup and Deployment" -> "Setup Project". All is well on XP, but I need guidance/help to build a Vista compatible install. Top of the list is ease of use and convenience for our users. Ideally, I would like anyone to be able to install our application on their PCs. The application itself works on Vista, but our licensing requires an elevated install - a term that I don't fully understand. The o...

BP4 Installation Query.
We have installed BP4 on Server and its running fine. Unfortunately we have to install GP again because of GP COA changes. So my doubt is. 1. Do i need to Uninstall BP, MOSS, WS then install GP, MOSS, WS, BP again. or 2. If i install another GP installation in the server, is it possible to Install BP for new GP Installation on the server. Means now i have two BP for two different GP Installation in the same server. Will this workout. What is the recommeneded procedure here. Hope am clear with my doubts. Thanks, Arun. Hi Arun, Just want to clarify two thi...

Import outlook adressbook into a new install of office
i want to import my addressbook from another hard drive on my pc that was my old primary drive. I now have a new HDisk and have installed XP and Office 2000. But i cant find the files when i try to import?? haveing same problem with Express also. Thanks Luther Depending on which mode you are using the addresses are stored in the Contacts folder in Outlook or in a file with a *.pab extension, note you will only have a *.pab if you are in Corporate/Workgroup mode (see Help > About > second line to check mode). To export the Contact folder highlight the Contact folder and then from the...

cannot install Office home and student (vista) on windows 7 os
Can someone help me install 0ffice home and student (vista) on windows 7? No onscreen prompts when putting disc in drive. nor does prompt appear after clicking on "setup" file. -- p58 That's a Windows problem. It sounds like you have disable the Auto Run function. Go to the Control Panel, Autoplay app and set CDs to either Prompt for your input or to Auto Run. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "passons58" <passons58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E1C63EC-2301-45B9-AD55-0B329A1C1B19@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me in...

Request for help : Monday + 1 = Tuesday (in formule)
Hi Please help Which formule can I use to get the next day in B1 For example: A1 = Monday B1 = formule A1 + 1 = Tuesday or A1 = Wednesday B1 = formule A1 + 1 = Thursday A B 1 Monday (A1+1) Regards Hans Zoals Peo je al verteld heeft je moet de cel als een weekdag formateren ..........format cell .....custom....dddd... je moet in A1 =today() zetten dan kun je in b1 = a1 +1 zetten of in b1 =today()+1 Regards Bill K Nieuw Zeeland "J.J.Erkamp" <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:40a138ee$0$150$3a628fcd@reader1.nntp.hccnet.nl... > Hi &g...

The connection to the server has failed. ... emails not sending.
Hi, My granparents recently got a laptop and set up their Outlook Express. Up until recently they were able to send and receive emails, and now they can only receive. The following message appears when they try to send an email .. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I've having a look with no success (i'm their grandaughter) Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Rachel Have you checked you...

How do I create different header/footer data 4 drawings in 1 file
Hi, I have visio file with 30 BPDs, I would like to have different headers and footers for them. Is this possible. I am using the tab field code for naming, however I need other data.........and they have to remain in one file for distribution. thank yoiu, Annie H&Fs in Visio are quite limited. The normal way of handling repeated information is to use Background pages. H&Fs were added to Visio to allow printing a Visio drawing over multiple physical pages. A background page can be set up to inherit things like Page Name from the page it is attached to so that you can creat...

Windows Installer runs every time I get a new email message
Hi: I am running XP and MS Office 2003. In Outlook, each time I get a new message, Windows Installer runs ("preparing to install"). So if I get 75 new messages, that message flashes 75 times. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks, Richard I am having the same problem and have not been able to find a solution. Did you have any luck yet? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Tim "Richard" wrote: > Hi: > > I am running XP and MS Office 2003. In Outlook, each time > I get a new message, Windows Installer runs ("preparing > to install&...

(APPZ) Video2Brain.Autodesk.Inventor.2010.Workshops.fuer.Fortgeschrittene.GERMAN-Substance
=ybegin part=1 line=128 size=2212 name=Video2Brain.Autodesk.Inventor.2010.Workshops.fuer.Fortgeschrittene.GERMAN-Substance.sfv =ypart begin=1 end=2212 eJq��������J��J�sxW}p�]\J�[X[�JRJz����z���J\ZZ`J��J�o���X��SJ��J\Z[ZWZ\W[[J��J[]d^ZdZ]74e74eJJJJJJJJ\\]`bJJ[]d]bX[aJ\Z[ZWZ\W[[J� ����\l����Xk�������Xs�������X\Z[ZX���������X����Xp���������������Xqo|wkxW}��������X���\74eJJJJJ_[]bZ\\^JJ[]d][XZaJ\Z[ZWZ\W[[J��� ��\l����Xk�������Xs�������X\Z[ZX���������X����Xp���������������Xqo|wkxW}��������X����Z[X���74eJJJJJ_[]bZ\\^JJ[]d][X^]J\Z[ZWZ\W[[ J�����\l����Xk�������Xs�������X\Z[ZX���������X����Xp���...

Installing a New Western Digital Drive
My C-drive is a WCD1200JB, IDE. I'm trying to install a new one, WCD1200JB also, as a slave. The drive on the end of the cable is the old drive. The slave, the new one, is in the middle of the cable. I have no pins used on the new drive, and one jumper over the two pins one set away from the power plug. When I fire up, the machine sees both master and slave in bios, but in the OS there is no trace of the new drive. What's wrong here? "W. eWatson" <wolftracks@invalid.com> wrote in message news:hecemb$qd5$1@news.eternal-september.org... > My C-drive i...