Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu fails to install

Hello all!

I am trying to install "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" update which is
required by .NET Framework 4.0, and the installation just fails saying:

"The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB958488)"

Any one knows what this update is for? And how to see the log why it fails?

Thanks!

Wild guesses include:

Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?

Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a KB958488
anywhere.]

Are you still running Win7 RC?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992

Yautja Hunter wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to install "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" update which is
> required by .NET Framework 4.0, and the installation just fails saying:
>
> "The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB958488)"
>
> Any one knows what this update is for? And how to see the log why it
> fails?
>
> Thanks!

0
PA
5/31/2010 7:42:39 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?

No. And I've used Cleanup Tool to remove unsuccessful installation of .NET
Framework 4.0.

> Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a KB958488
> anywhere.]

Well, yes. The point is that "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is part of
the installation package of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
When I try install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (tried both web and
standalone full installer) it fails with the following log:

Exe (E:\82a06bea561c9e3db5ab36\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu) failed
with 0xbc9 - The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
roll back changes made.
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Error 0xbc9 is mapped to Custom Error:
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action: Performing actions on all Items...
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
[6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
(0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).

As you can see the "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is the stumbling
block. Therefore, I hoped to install it separetly so that .NET Framework 4.0
could overcome it.

> Are you still running Win7 RC?
No. My system is 6.1.7600.
And have you rebooted?

Yautja Hunter wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed?
>
> No. And I've used Cleanup Tool to remove unsuccessful installation of .NET
> Framework 4.0.
>
>> Are you attempting to install this update manually?  [Can't find a
>> KB958488
>> anywhere.]
>
> Well, yes. The point is that "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is part
> of
> the installation package of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
> When I try install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (tried both web and
> standalone full installer) it fails with the following log:
>
> Exe (E:\82a06bea561c9e3db5ab36\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu) failed
> with 0xbc9 - The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required
> roll back changes made.
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Error 0xbc9 is mapped to Custom Error:
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action: Performing actions on all Items...
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33] Action complete
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
> (0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required
> to roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).
>

> As you can see the "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" is the stumbling
> block. Therefore, I hoped to install it separetly so that .NET Framework
> 4.0
> could overcome it.
>
>> Are you still running Win7 RC?
> No. My system is 6.1.7600.

0
PA
5/31/2010 10:17:12 PM
> And have you rebooted?

Of course. Many times, after different operations. It's all the same: .NET
Framework 4.0 won't install.

My Windows is fully updated though.
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> My Windows is fully updated though.

What application is installed which requires .NET Framework 4.0?
2
PA
6/1/2010 4:38:37 AM
> What application is installed which requires .NET Framework 4.0?

I am trying to install Xvid4PSP Video Converter (http://www.winnydows.com) -
it's one the best converters I've ever seen. It won't install unless it
detects .NET Framework 4.0 in the system. Earlier versions worked without
..NET Framework 4.0, but latest ones (so called "Daily betas" ) require it.
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> [6/1/2010, 0:47:33]Final Result: Installation failed with error code:
> (0x00000BC9), "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to
> roll back changes made. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:51).

0x00000BC9 means exactly what it states, nothing more.

Suggest you check this thread:
..NET 4.0 will not install on Windows 7
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/1e40f004-1892-4ccc-bf22-cdd247b0099e

Although the error in that thread may not be the same as the one your
system is experiencing, YiChun Chen shows the poster how to collect the
installation logs from Temp using

Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection Tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en

Check for issues with WinSxS in the logs. If an issue(s) do exist with
WinSxS, then there are only 4 steps that will resolve it (them):

1) Run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR)
2) Run the System File Checker (Elevated- aka Run as admin)
3) Try an "in-place upgrade" (aka Repair Install)
4) Reformat/reinstall

BTW, suggest you check out Aaron Stebner's blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/05/13/10012778.aspx

He is "The Source" for troubleshooting .NET issues. You can contact him
from the Comments areas or via the "Email Blog Author" link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/contact.aspx

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen
6/1/2010 4:37:12 PM
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> I am trying to install Xvid4PSP Video Converter
> (http://www.winnydows.com) -
> it's one the best converters I've ever seen. It won't install unless it
> detects .NET Framework 4.0 in the system. Earlier versions worked without
> .NET Framework 4.0, but latest ones (so called "Daily betas" ) require it.

What Mow said.

Or post here for assistance: http://forum.winnydows.com/viewforum.php?f=23

0
PA
6/1/2010 10:36:00 PM
I already have been in extensive discussion with YiChun Chen:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/8fb799a2-56f2-428d-9598-c002935b82be?prof=required

YiChun Chen has checked my logs (collected with Microsoft Visual Studio and
..NET Framework Log Collection Tool) and concluded that there is an error with
Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu update which is installed by .NET Framework
4.0. However he doesn't understand what hinders the installation of that
update. He ran out of ideas and suggested that I ask about it at this Windows
Update forum. So now I am here :-)
You could always do a clean install of Win7 & try again.
0
PA
6/2/2010 5:32:53 PM
Yautja Hunter wrote:
> I already have been in extensive discussion with YiChun Chen:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/8fb799a2-56f2-428d-9598-c002935b82be?prof=required
>
> YiChun Chen has checked my logs (collected with Microsoft Visual Studio and
> .NET Framework Log Collection Tool) and concluded that there is an error with
> Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu update which is installed by .NET Framework
> 4.0. However he doesn't understand what hinders the installation of that
> update. He ran out of ideas and suggested that I ask about it at this Windows
> Update forum. So now I am here:-)

GMTA ? <w> I see YiChun Chen recommended the running of the System
Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR). Have you done so and checked the
log(s) it created ? Would you please post one of the logs ?

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Click the " Download the update package now " link next to " All
supported x86-based versions of Windows 7 ".
That will take you to the download page.
Click the Continue button and the system will be Validated. Download
Windows6.1-KB947821-v5-x86.msu and *save* it.
Close *all* open programs and browsers.
Run Windows6.1-KB947821-v5-x86.msu.
The 2 logs it creates will be located at:

Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log <-- this log
Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log < -- or, this log

Check either log to see if running CheckSUR resolved all CBS 'issues'.
If it did, then suggest you try to install a manually downloaded
Standalone Installer copy of .NET 4 after configuring the system to
Clean boot. This is NOT the Web Installer, which is just a stub that
downloads the rest of the files, it's a 'package that installs the .NET
Framework runtime and associated files' :

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

BTW, don't you just love when posts are marked as Answers when they do
NOT resolve the issue that the thread is about ?
At best, it's childish, at worst, it's completely dishonest.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen
6/2/2010 5:45:33 PM
> GMTA ? <w> I see YiChun Chen recommended the running of the System
> Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR). Have you done so and checked the
> log(s) it created ? Would you please post one of the logs ?

Sure. Here they are:

From CheckSUR.log

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667
Package Version 8.0
2010-06-03 20:49

Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Packages
Checking Component Store

No errors detected
=================================

From CheckSUR.persist.log:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667
Package Version 8.0
2010-06-03 20:49

Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Packages
Checking Component Store

No errors detected
=================================

> Check either log to see if running CheckSUR resolved all CBS 'issues'.
> If it did, then suggest you try to install a manually downloaded
> Standalone Installer copy of .NET 4 after configuring the system to
> Clean boot. This is NOT the Web Installer, which is just a stub that
> downloads the rest of the files, it's a 'package that installs the .NET
> Framework runtime and associated files'

I have tried installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer),
it fails just the same as Web Installer.

What I HAVEN'T tried yet is performing a Clean Boot. I will try now. Be back
soon.

> BTW, don't you just love when posts are marked as Answers when they do
> NOT resolve the issue that the thread is about ?
> At best, it's childish, at worst, it's completely dishonest.

I don't understand why and who does it :-(
Have performed Clean Boot and tried to install .NET Framework 4.0 using
Standalone Installer. FAILED as usual.

The complete log provided by .NET Framework Installer is too large to be
posted here. Can I send it to you by e-mail or provide a link here to a file
sharing service?

Yautja Hunter wrote:
> Have performed Clean Boot and tried to install .NET Framework 4.0 using
> Standalone Installer. FAILED as usual.
>
> The complete log provided by .NET Framework Installer is too large to be
> posted here. Can I send it to you by e-mail or provide a link here to a file
> sharing service?

Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
specific thread and the one on MDSN.

Please, hold tight for now, Yautja

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

MowGreen
6/3/2010 6:34:25 PM

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
> could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
> look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
> specific thread and the one on MDSN.
>
> Please, hold tight for now, Yautja

The log file is 112Kb. But it has too many lines (characters) and this forum
doesn't allow to post it completely.

Ok, I will wait for further instructions.

> MowGreen
> ================
>   *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>
> .

You can send it to me and I'll forward it along, Yautja. My email user
name is mowgreen.
Just add the dot com to the end of gmail and you've got it. <w>

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Yautja Hunter wrote:

> "MowGreen" wrote:
>
>> Since I don't know how big the attachment is, it might be best if you
>> could post it, BUT ... I do have someone at MS who said she will take a
>> look at .NET 4 installation issues and I'm going to alert her to this
>> specific thread and the one on MDSN.
>>
>> Please, hold tight for now, Yautja
>
> The log file is 112Kb. But it has too many lines (characters) and this forum
> doesn't allow to post it completely.
>
> Ok, I will wait for further instructions.
>>

>> MowGreen
>> ================
>>    *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ================
>>
>> banthecheck.com
>> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>>
>> .

0
MowGreen

Install add-in using OCT
Hi, Is it possible to automatically install an add-in by using the OCT tool? By that I mean, create an msp file with the tool and then run the install from a command prompt. Or put another way, I want to run automatically another msi file after Outlook is finished installing. Dan ...

import data from works 3.0 on windows 3.1
I am trying to save some files for a woman who's husband just died and left all his business inventory in an old format. The files where created in an old DOS database program called PowerBase. I can export the files as several different formats and open them in Windows 3.1 (on the same machine). I then export them to TAB delimited txt files. The problem is when I transfer them to a "new" machine (windows XPPro) I can't open them in excel. I believe the problem is with the txt encoding type used by Works 3.0 in windows 3.1. If I open them in notepad on the XPPro machi...

1 address differnt users
Hi My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i read an email it doesnt appear on hers ??? Please help Thanks Vince I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on each log in. Is that not possible ? "Vince Averello" wrote: > There some info here that may help: > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm > > I'd suggest that the two of you get separate email accounts to make things > simpler. > > "SimonH" <S...

database integrity checks failing
Hello: We have two database integrity checks jobs in SQL 2005 that are failing. One job is for our financial app databases, while the other is for the SQL system databases. I know how to conduct the typical fix for the financial app databases--run DBCC CHECKDB to find the questionable tables that require the DBCC UPDATEUSAGE script run against those tables. But, it concerns me that the database integrity job against the system databases is failing. Regardless, can I safely run the same DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC UPDATEUSAGE scripts to eliminate the issues causing the system d...

I lost my installation disk for Money 2006
How can I obtain a replacement copy, and what information will MS require from me? ...

Update Failing to Install
Hi, I have Money 2007 on Windows Vista. After I started Money it said that there was an update. It downloaded the update, closed Money, installed it, and restarted it, but every time it opens it says that the update isn't installed, and offers to download it again. Now, it won't even sign in any more. Is there anywhere to download this update and manually install it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5710384E-84F7-4C24-9596-1C23BB28226A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Money 2007 ...

Microsoft Update 1.1 pack 1 not updating
My computer is telling me that this is a "critical security update" yet I have been unable to actually install this pack. It starts to update and then says it was unable to. I have seen others have similar problems. What do I do??? It needs to be very simple instructions with as few words as possible or it will totally overwhelm me and I will not be able to follow the instructions. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft ...

error 1335 office.1 cab
i can no longer get into my sent items from my outlookthe folder the first message said: Unable to display Errors have been dectected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\pmargolis\My Documents\Outlook\outlook.pst Quit all email-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. ok so i do this and then following message: ERROR 1335 OFFICE1.cab file required for this instillation is corrupt and cannot be used. the disc is new and the cd drive works fine as i've tested it. what to do? ...

Run an excel file in other PC without Office installed
Hi, Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn=B4t have office installed like in Access where you can create an autoexec. Thanks!! You can download a free Excel Viewer from the MS site best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:20a97d5d-c42e-4bcf-bd4c-6c559f7b3229@b7g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn�t have office installed > like in Access where you can c...

import store 2.0 to hq failing
After upgrading store ops from 1.2 to 2.0 (no problems) we are trying to implement hq 2.0 by bringing in the biggest store db through the hd admin. However, it fails on an invalid column category. Any ideas? ...

What is the latest patch update for 1.3 ? 1.3R?
Hi guys, Can you help me with this queries ? :) 1) what is the latest patch update for 1.3 ?what feature's it has? 2)what is the latest patch update for 1.3R ?what feature's it has? 3)would there be difference if I used different version for my store's? we have 29 store , 27 is in 1.3.0203 and 2 in 1.3R (forget the version) ? And my Hq is running in 1.3.0203? 4)Is it necessarry to install SQL server in shops whenever i have 2 POS machine installed? 5)where can I get Q)1-2 ? Is there nice people around to share this files?Because if i wait for my resseller, it takes them awhi...

concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate between records in 1 column i have for example animal as a header and it has the records:bird,cow,dog how can i concatenateall of them to one record that will consist all the 3 together? ...

New .Net 2.0 Install?
I'm attempting to install Financial Calculator software for my Palm 700w. When I do I prompted to install .Net 2.0.50727. Will this cause any issues with CRM 3.0? I don't want to mes something up that I can't fix. Thanks. Hi Lloyd, Are you installing the finance calc on your PC? if so, you are ok because CRM is a server based app. You use internet explorer (or outlook) to access CRM, but the processing is done on the web server. So, the framework on your local pc doesn't matter. Also, the CRM web server must be configured to use .net 1.1. Note: you can install .net 2.0...

Send/Receive Fails after one successful try
Hi....I have a client whose Outlook Send/Receive fails after one successful try. She gets the 0x800ccc15 and 0x8004210a errors and I have pulled all the KB articles and performed everything at least three times. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002 and uninstalled and reinstalled TCP/IP protocol under Network several times. Diasble, uninstalled antivirus (Mcafee). All of these appear to fix the problem but then it fails the next time. Extremely frustrated (come on Bill Gates). Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks in advance, Mike ...

How to install program
How to install the program for the standard user but using the administrative privileges of Administrator? "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:eJT1RLwjKHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to install the program for the standard user but using the > administrative privileges of Administrator? > > Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator" That does not work hence my question. Doing as that the message is: "You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program" Claire &quo...

Create More than 1 Return for Same Invoice !!!
Hello In version 10.0. The RMA can create more than 1 return for same sales invoice! Is there any possibility to disable this properties? I need to prohibit anyone to create more than 1 return for same invoice. Any suggest ? no, that cannot be disabled. Too many firms have more than one return per invoice and it is not an option -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > In version 10.0. > The R...

merging data from 1 excel file, into a master excel file
I have 2 spreadsheets - a master spreadsheet and sheet #2. Sheet #2 contains all of the information from the master (with the same exact columns), plus new rows that are inserted throughout. The first column of data uniquely identifies each row. Most of the rows are identical in both, with some tweaks to the master. Therefore, I do not want any cells in the pre-existing rows to be overwritten in the master. I'd like to merge in just the new rows from sheet #2 into the master, and leave everything that is already in the master (and has been tweaked), as is. How do I do that? ...

.Net XmlValidatingReader should fail on complextypes with whitespace?
I believe the .Net XmlValidatingReader should fail when validating XML that contains a ComplexType element with white space when the ComplexType element has the mixed attribute set to false in the XSD used for validation. XSD fragment: <xs:element name="TRSellerBuyerData"> <xs:complexType mixed="false"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element ref="BuyerSellerReferrorFlag" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> XML fragment: <TRSellerBuyerData> </...

counting Multiple answers in 1 cell + column
how do u count multiple values in the one cell and down the entire column? i want to count all magazines answers in column A1. i would like to get the answer (4) for magazines, (4) for tv, and (3) for radio. and it does not matter if the counting of the values, magazine,tv,radio, is answered in seperate cells. i tried the formula = COUNTIF(range, "value") but the formula doesnt not count the values if there are more than one value in the cell... see example below A1 A2 1 magazines, tv, radio 2 magazines 3 t...

Too Few Parameters, 1 expected
I'm getting the error too few paremeters, 1 expected with the code below. I'm getting the error at " Set rst3 = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL3)". Any help would be much appreciated On Error GoTo Err_cmdCreateRecords_Click Dim intResp As Integer Dim intCount As Integer If ReportDate = "" Or IsNull(ReportDate) Then MsgBox "Please enter a valid report date." ReportDate.SetFocus GoTo Exit_cmdCreateRecords_Click End If intResp = MsgBox("This function will add records for the reporting date specified. Do you wish to continue?", vbO...

RAND and only 1 decimal
I want to make a random number in a cell with the RAND function and then use it in a calculation. Right now it goes to several decimal place and I need it to only have one decimal in the calculation. How can I do this? Thanks for your help. =ROUND(RAND(),1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "SAC" <sac@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23FEwQZboKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I want to make a random number in a cell with the RAND function and then >use it in a calculation. Right now it goes to several decimal place an...

Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu fails to install
Hello all! I am trying to install "Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu" update which is required by .NET Framework 4.0, and the installation just fails saying: "The following updates were not installed: Update for Windows (KB958488)" Any one knows what this update is for? And how to see the log why it fails? Thanks! Wild guesses include: Is .NET Framework 4.0 Beta still installed? Are you attempting to install this update manually? [Can't find a KB958488 anywhere.] Are you still running Win7 RC? Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer): ...

Installation software
Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software? Install Shield seems a bit pricy. I just need to install an application with a help file and a couple of activex components and a print driver onto a local machine. Thanks I have used Wise in the past with good success. I think now microsoft ships its own using MSI in latest versions of VS. I dont have the details though. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mao" <NONOSPAM123@@datasouth.com> wrote in message news:#gKL16z5DHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software...

Installation Error CRM 1.0
When trying to install CRM I receive the following error, -Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server -failed to provision your inital business -unknown error (0x80010404) Anyone has any clue as too how to resolve this error? Thanks! PS. Error code is something similar to this one! ...

Can teams own records ? Inconsistency between several documents (CRM installation & Customisation exam)
Hi, I have tumbled on a inconsistency between the CRM application UI, the book "Using Microsoft CRM" and Microsoft documents. I wouldn't make a big fuzz about it, if it wasn't that this is a question in 1 of the CRM exam's. Simple Question: Can records be owned by teams ? This is asked several times in the CRM exam (it is sometimes a part of a question). However: - "Special Edition - Using Microsoft CRM" says: "Teams cannot be owners of records..." on page 81. - The user interface of MSCRM doesn't allow a Team to be the owner of a record (ex...