Windows Vista (KB972145) Fail Installation Error Code 80070020

When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an installation
Failure Status with an error code 80070020.  Any suggestions?

Miss Mollie wrote:
:: When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an
:: installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020.  Any
:: suggestions?

Some suggestions here:
You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the
Microsoft Update Web site to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

TaurArian

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

when I log off my PC I get this OE error
Hi, I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook Express folder sync. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. thanks nobody wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the > night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook > Express folder sync. > > Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. > > thanks > > If you have your anti vi...

Windows live mail

vlookup fails, and previous ones also now fail!
I sent a file to a colleague that has several vlookups in it so that she could adapt it for her reports. For some reason the vlookup has stopped working (it was OK when she first started changing values). For example, the first vlookup is =VLOOKUP(U4,'Audit tool'!$C$1:$F$514,2,0). In cell U4 is the text 1.1, and the vlookup returns the value appropriate from the audit tool sheet. In the next row is 1.2 and so on. If I change cell U4 to 1.2, it returns #NA, and if I retype 1.1 it still won't return a value. I opened another spreadsheet with lookups in and the same...

reinstalling windows

Linker Errors
Hi Guys, After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have stummped me. It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and _xGetSystemMetrics. I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem? AliR. AliR wrote: > Hi Guys, > > After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in > order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a...

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

opration failed a objeck cound not be found #2
jeff <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Do you have a question? If so, post it in the body of the message, specifying your Outlook version, account type, exactly what you ARE doing, what you WANT to do, what folder you are in, what view you are using, and the EXACT text of any errors you get. -- Brian Tillman ...

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Inserting Schema fields using Custom Code
Here is my problem. I have to write an installer to install the custom fields to an account. Is there any way I can do this using code. I looked at the DMsnapin.dll and there is an interface with SchemaEditor method , which I think will do what I want. But I get a return code of 70 (ERROR). Has anybody done this before. Please help. Thanks ...

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Error message trying to recover deleted items
User receives the following error going into 'Recover Deleted Items', then Outlook closes: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks. ...

MS Exchange and failed relay for secondary domain
I need to add a second domain set of e-mail addresses to our Exchange server. I have updated all MX records as required on the domain and added the second domain to the default recipient policy on the server. When trying to send an e-mail from outside our organization to the new address I receive: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17 When I telnet to the mailserver and use helo to try to send to the new address I receive: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com The checkbox is checked in the defau...

Quick Campaign error 02-15-06
When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following error. "you do not have enough priviliges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. Contact your system admin." User is crm admin. No logging in the event viewer + no difference when dev error are turned on in webconfig file. Any ideas? "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the > campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following...