Windows update site not working

On one computer I get the error:
The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
memory could not be "written".

On the other computer I get the error:
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
reference to these problems.

Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
--
Nancy
Network Analyst II

"Nancy" wrote:

> On one computer I get the error:
> The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
> memory could not be "written".
>
> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II

I'm getting the same error "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error  You do
not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that
you supplied." I have never received this code before and I have not changed
anything on my computer.  Microsoft needs to let people know that there is a
problem with the update service area.  I hope they fix it soon.

Viola
I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
day.  This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.

Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?
Viola wrote:
> I'm getting the same error "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error
> credentials that you supplied." I have never received this code
> before and I have not changed anything on my computer.  Microsoft
> needs to let people know that there is a problem with the update
> service area.  I hope they fix it soon.

Except not everyone (none of my machines anyway) are having the issue you
are reporting. ;-)  Why would Microsoft let anyone know there is a problem
when there isn't one?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
12/11/2009 6:44:53 PM

"Gail" wrote:

> I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
> day.  This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
> the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.
>
> Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?
Our company is experiencing this issue as well. We even tested our systems in
other eastern states and we get the same error.

"DragonFire" wrote:

> "Gail" wrote:
>
> > I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
> > day.  This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
> > the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.
> >
> > Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?
I am getting the same error trying to use microsoft update - started today.

"Nancy" wrote:

> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II
Have had this problem, reinstalled I8, all now OK
--
Ian M

"Nancy" wrote:

> On one computer I get the error:
> The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
> memory could not be "written".
>
> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II
I have 25 of 25 computers seeing this same error: "403 - Forbidden: Access is
denied error"

ehlingerm wrote:
> I have 25 of 25 computers seeing this same error: "403 - Forbidden:
> Access is denied error"

Oh, there is an issue.  Windows Update Agent update might fix it - otherwise
a DNS issue.

But a Google search should bring that up.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
12/11/2009 10:41:27 PM
See
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/a16db934-fd64-43db-80c0-a9e9a034cec4

Nancy wrote:
> On one computer I get the error:
> The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
> memory could not be "written".
>
> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?

0
PA

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

reinstalling windows

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Can I use cell contents to update footers in excel?
I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way to do this? You'll need to use an Event Macro. One way: Put something like this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text Next ws End Sub If you're not familiar with macros, take a look at David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros": http://www.mvps.org/d...

"Automated Client Updates" in GP9
The "Automated Client Updates" feature in GP9 requires the update to be either a .cnk or .msp file. Is there a way to put a "package" file in this format in order to use the feature to release new reports, modifier or vba changes? Thanks, Reid ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...