Windows Update Failure - Looping

My automatic updates don't seem to be installing.  The update process goes
through these updates:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update
for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows
XP x86 (KB982168)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing.  I
have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up the
computer again the same updates are waiting to install.  Any help would be
much appreciated!

try manulaly scanning from windows update in ie.
see what it finds

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"MHalberstadt" <MHalberstadt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My automatic updates don't seem to be installing.  The update process goes
> through these updates:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
> Update
> for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
> Windows
> XP x86 (KB982168)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
> Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)
>
> They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing.  I
> have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up
> the
> computer again the same updates are waiting to install.  Any help would be
> much appreciated!

0
Andy
6/30/2010 5:46:47 AM
See the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

MHalberstadt wrote:
> My automatic updates don't seem to be installing.  The update process goes
> through these updates:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
> Update
> for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
> Windows
> XP x86 (KB982168)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
> Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)
>
> They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing.  I
> have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up
> the
> computer again the same updates are waiting to install.  Any help would be
> much appreciated!

0
PA
6/30/2010 6:52:54 AM
See the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB979909).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:
https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/>

site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

your usual support contacts.

Copied ĐĆesponse from MowGreen

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)

suggest you contact MS for *no-charge support* in getting them
installed.

The fix for those 2 will also get the other .NET updates
installed.

Do NOT mention the other updates or they will try to charge
you.

Just mention the 2 Security updates.

From both http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417> and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909>

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through "
-=-

Good luck

"MHalberstadt" wrote:

> My automatic updates don't seem to be installing.  The update process goes
> through these updates:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update
> for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows
> XP x86 (KB982168)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
> Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)
>
> They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing.  I
> have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up the
> computer again the same updates are waiting to install.  Any help would be
> much appreciated!
I have windows XP SP 3 and like other posters I have a list of several
updates most relating to MS Office 2003. None of these will install and when
running installation all attempts list as fail. I would be grateful for
advice to eliminate this problem

"Bob KB982168 doesnt install" wrote:

> "MHalberstadt" wrote:
>
> > My automatic updates don't seem to be installing.  The update process goes
> > through these updates:
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update
> > for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows
> > XP x86 (KB982168)
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
> > Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
> > 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)
> >
> > They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing.  I
> > have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up the
> > computer again the same updates are waiting to install.  Any help would be
> > much appreciated!

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

Duplex printing glitches/failure
I'm familiar w/ publisher...I've used it for a while. I'm familiar w/ my printer (duplex) I have a doc that prints in duplex mode fine....until I make a small change (correct a spelling)...then it goes from double sided to two seperate pages. I end up cutting and pasting the work to a new publisher doc and reattempt duplex and all is good....unless I need to modify the doc. What the heck? This is happening on multiple docs! Help! I'm running XP Pro "who cares" wrote: > I'm familiar w/ publisher...I've used it for a while. > I'm familiar w/ my ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Can I use cell contents to update footers in excel?
I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way to do this? You'll need to use an Event Macro. One way: Put something like this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text Next ws End Sub If you're not familiar with macros, take a look at David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros": http://www.mvps.org/d...

"Automated Client Updates" in GP9
The "Automated Client Updates" feature in GP9 requires the update to be either a .cnk or .msp file. Is there a way to put a "package" file in this format in order to use the feature to release new reports, modifier or vba changes? Thanks, Reid ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...