Windows Update Error Code 80200053

Attempted to run update Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.
Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with
updates. Have not been presented with acceptance message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do
you accept license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code
80200053.
Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS
--
Michael5M

--
Michael5M

80200053 BG_E_VALIDATION_FAILED
The application requested data from a web site, but the response was
invalid. Using Event Viewer, check the log 'Application Logs \ Microsoft
\ Windows \ Bits-client \ Operational' for more details.

If the update in question is a .NET update then strongly suggest you
manually download and *save* it from the MS Download Center.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx

Enter the KB number of the update in the 'Search All Download Center'
field and then click the magnifying glass icon to start the search.
Once the download completes close *all* open programs and browsers prior
to installing it.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Michael5M wrote:
> Attempted to run update Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.
> Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with
> updates. Have not been presented with acceptance message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do
> you accept license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code
> 80200053.
> Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS
0
MowGreen
7/1/2010 11:50:52 PM
Michael5M,

A reply has been made to your previous thread. Please stick with that thread
instead of starting another one.

Done anything with this suggestion from there?

Just out of curiosity...did you try How do I reset the Windows Update
settings?

<http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=971058>
-=-

Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?author=Michael5M&email=Michael5M%40discussions.microsoft.com&cid=2b8c9a12-f649-4b08-808a-7cd2111fbd29&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&cat=en_US_56d1dd45-de9e-4fc5-9bc1-2d1d0de6daee&lang=en&cr=US

"Michael5M" wrote:

> Attempted to run update Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.
> Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with
> updates. Have not been presented with acceptance message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do
> you accept license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code
> 80200053.
> Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS
> --
> Michael5M
>
> --
> Michael5M
Made no changes, tried no posted solutions. Thank you for responding. Ran
normal update today and KB982480 loaded with no problem. Many thanks folks!
--
Michael5M

"Michael5M" wrote:

> Attempted to run update Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.
> Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with
> updates. Have not been presented with acceptance message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do
> you accept license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code
> 80200053.
> Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS
> --
> Michael5M
>
> --
> Michael5M

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

when I log off my PC I get this OE error
Hi, I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook Express folder sync. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. thanks nobody wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the > night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook > Express folder sync. > > Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. > > thanks > > If you have your anti vi...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Linker Errors
Hi Guys, After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have stummped me. It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and _xGetSystemMetrics. I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem? AliR. AliR wrote: > Hi Guys, > > After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in > order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a...

Windows Vista

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Error message trying to recover deleted items
User receives the following error going into 'Recover Deleted Items', then Outlook closes: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks. ...

Quick Campaign error 02-15-06
When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following error. "you do not have enough priviliges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. Contact your system admin." User is crm admin. No logging in the event viewer + no difference when dev error are turned on in webconfig file. Any ideas? "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the > campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following...

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

Windows recovery console

Install error : report module
Hi, does someone met such message error when loading the Crystal report module ? " Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains. Source Error: Line 5: <assemblies> Line 6: <add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy, Version=1.0.0000.0, Culture=neutr...

Error message when trying to open an assigned task
I have users who are assigned tasks into their Outlook 2000 inbox. However when they try to open them they get the error message; Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item. I have searched Technet for this error but only got one hit and that was to do with Outlook 98 and contacts so was not relevant. Any help on this would be appreciated. ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002