Windows 7 - Windows Update Agent Version

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...

What is the latest windows update agent version supported for Windows 7 - 32
bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version installed on our Windows 7
systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.

All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not sure if
I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or RC?

[Ignore the APPLIES TO section if Win7; Access KB971058 via IE8 32-bit only;
Run the Fix It in DEFAULT and AGGRESSIVE modes]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

This reset will upgrade WUA in the process.

Or see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

Or see the FAQ "How do I know if I have the Latest Version of the Windows
Update Client and how do I get the latest client if it is not?" at the top
of the WU forum page:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

Deester wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>
> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for Windows 7 -
> 32
> bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version installed on our Windows 7
> systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>
> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not sure
> if
> I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

0
PA
6/22/2010 4:17:10 PM
Deester wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>
> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
> Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
> installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>
> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
> sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

Reasonable question...

I would usually point such things to:
How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage
updates on a computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104

But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...

It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16, 2010 -
Revision 9.0.

Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html

So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it on
a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
6/22/2010 4:20:06 PM
That article really does not mention Windows 7.  I push my windows update
agent upgrades through SMS.  It concerns me that no where does it say what
windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Deester wrote:
> > Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
> >
> > What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
> > Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
> > installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
> >
> > All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
> > sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...
>
> Reasonable question...
>
> I would usually point such things to:
> How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage
> updates on a computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
>
> But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...
>
> It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16, 2010 -
> Revision 9.0.
>
> Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
> http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html
>
> So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it on
> a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

If you're pushing updates via SMS, this is not the correct support venue.

Deester wrote:
> That article really does not mention Windows 7.  I push my windows update
> agent upgrades through SMS.  It concerns me that no where does it say what
> windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7.
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Deester wrote:
>>> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>>>
>>> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
>>> Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
>>> installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>>>
>>> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
>>> sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...
>>
>> Reasonable question...
>>
>> I would usually point such things to:
>> How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help
>> manage
>> updates on a computer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
>>
>> But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...
>>
>> It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16,
>> 2010 -
>> Revision 9.0.
>>
>> Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
>> http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html
>>
>> So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it
>> on
>> a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>>      MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>>

>> .

0
PA

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

What version should my database be
Access Newbie here. I've got Access 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 At the top of my database window, it says: DatabaseName : Database (Access 2000 file format) Under the Tools menu, I've got: Tools>Database Utilities>Convert Database and one of the options is "Convert to Access 97 file format", and the other option is to "Convert to Access 2003-2003 format" Why does Access 2003 create a file in 2000 format? Should I convert to 2002-2003 format? Thanks for any insight. James the answer depends on a number of things, and it may change from database to datab...

Can I use cell contents to update footers in excel?
I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way to do this? You'll need to use an Event Macro. One way: Put something like this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text Next ws End Sub If you're not familiar with macros, take a look at David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros": http://www.mvps.org/d...

"Automated Client Updates" in GP9
The "Automated Client Updates" feature in GP9 requires the update to be either a .cnk or .msp file. Is there a way to put a "package" file in this format in order to use the feature to release new reports, modifier or vba changes? Thanks, Reid ...

Function updating all worksheets in workbook
I have a function in VBA as detailed at the end of my text and it is updating all worksheets in a workbook rather than just the active one. I have 12 worksheets all identical apart from Column 2 which holds consecutive date data (hence one sheet per month). Cell A2 shows the current date on all worksheets. My cell formula on each worksheet is =addtimeb(C3:CN3,"H") which changes for each subsequent row for a number of rows ie =addtimeb(D3:DN3,"H") =addtimeb(E3:EN3,"H") =addtimeb(F3:FN3,"H") etc etc each row is an employee record. I am extr...

update yes / no field in table based on another table
I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" value in the field If the name is in one table but not the other to put a "no" value in the field For example: Table 1: Name Table 2: Name Check box = yes Table 1: Null (Name not in table) Table 2: Name check box = no On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:55:01 -0800, Bryan <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. > >If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" va...

How to enter PO through Business Portal 2 for GP 9 on IE 7
When i start busniess Portal to Enter Purchase Order through terminal services on Internet Explorer 7.... A blank window will appeare and nothing else ..... and when i run the same thing on Internet Explorer 6 then it works. How do i Fix it. Regards ...

.NET 3.5 update failed, error #0x8007064C
Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0 and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it. Hello Steve, Google is your friend. A search for this error code showed this as the first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-u...

unable to send to one domain, telnet to and get 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for when i do RCPT TO:
I have no problems sending out anywhere but this one domain. Running SBS 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. users have gotton it back with The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #4.0.0 smtp;451 Please try again> and There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Contains .gif file (blacklisted)> I t...

MS CRM SDK call
Hello All, We are having MS CRM 3.0 (Roll up 2), we get Upate lot many errors "Generic SQL error." while updating Incident entity in crm using CRM SDK. When checked the Trace files we see following errors, it says that query to p_GrantInheritedAccess is getting failed. [2009-05-12 10:07:17.882] Process:w3wp |Thread:4556 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | COLEDataAccess::ExecuteParameterizedQuery File: c:\bt\876\src\platform\include\omcommon\dataaccess.inl Line: 825 >Call to COleRecordSet::Open() failed. Query = p_GrantInheritedAccess ?, ?, ...

update the people i've sent to
I have a small problem, our MD has been using Outlook 2003 for a whil now and when he starts to type in the To field, when sending a ne email, a drop down box appears with a number of contacts in that he ha previously sent to. Thats all ok, but some of these contacts are a bi out of date and no longer work. Is there anyway of editing these t take away the old ones and add in other ones that he may use in th future. He loves the drop down function, but when an address isn't there and h has to look in his contact list, he stops smiling. often, one click i too many for our MD. cheers for an...

Microsoft Update Agent fails to install
When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated... On Nov 15, 3:00=A0pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update > the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error > 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. ...

Screen Font suddenly tiny after last update
After the last auto update a few weeks ago my Outlook 2007 started displaying the body text as small as dots when composing new or forwarded emails and comments in calendar items. In order to read them I must select and increase font size to at least 72, and then return it to 11 (unrecognisable) before I send. When these emails are received they appear normal size (unless I forget to set it back to 11 from 72 !!) Messages in my inbox appear normal. I thought I would wait for a quick fix as I was certain the problem was not mine alone, but so far nothing. I have just today gone i...

Updating source data for chart monthly
I have a chart for each technician showing service billing efficiency, both actual for each of the last 12 months and a rolling 12 month average. After inserting the new data on my Excell sheet each month, I have to go to chart sourch data and change the series data for each line on the chart, for each technician. Is there a way to have the series source data remain the same cell range even after inserting new cells? As it is now, the series source data automatically changes from B2:M2 to C2:N2 when I insert new cell at B2. I have tried naming the range of cells, moving data from cell to c...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-05-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:15:20 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:26:44 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:03:30 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 606 Total No. of Characters...: 1707259 Total Volume..............: 1667 Messages Per Day..........: 86.6 Characters Per Day........: 243894.1 Average Daily Volume......: 238 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Installed Updates Dates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CA9E88.1E41A580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Vista Basic x32 sp2. In checking my installed updates I have found that many were installed = on 9/29/2009. This is correct because I formatted my HD and installed Vista Basic with = SP1 on that date. But, I find that KB935509 and KB937287 are showing install dates of = 1/20/2008. How can these 2 updates show install dates prior to the date I = formatting my HD?? James ------=_Next...

Great Plains 7.5 and 8.0 in the same instance of Microsoft SQL Server
Hello to all, Would I be able to install Great Plains 7.5 and 8.0 in the same instance of Microsoft SQL Server? Is there some procedure for this? Richard, Each install of Great Plains requires its own instance of SQL Server since each needs a separate database called DYNAMICS. Victoria "Richard Padilla" <rsp@epm.net.co> wrote in message news:%23iGCOAx1EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hello to all, Would I be able to install Great Plains 7.5 and 8.0 in the same instance of Microsoft SQL Server? Is there some procedure for this? Richard, There is a way to do tha...

5 Updates fail with Error Code: 0x80070005
I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 and was keeping up to date with updates until about a month ago when Windows Update offered about 10 different Security Updates on one day. Now, after running Windows Update I keep getting the message that the following 5 updates have failed to install, even though other updates do install in the same run. Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037) Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560) Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706) All these updates...

DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service Event ID:84
This protected server has been working fine for several monts. The dpm server backs up dozens of other protected servers. It is now displaying the following error. The DPMRA service is started. I stopped and restarted it on the protected server. I thought perhaps the Allocated "Replica Volume" was insufficient 34.53 GB allocated and 30.48GB used. This is less than 90%, but I increased it to 40GB allocated anyway. Need help please... The full error is: Log Name: Application Source: DPMRA Date: 2/12/2010 10:03:16 AM Event ID: 84 Task...

How to update previous org charts created from imported info
I use the Org Chart Wizard to generate my org charts based on an Excel spreadsheet. I spend lots of time entering the specific names and levels for each page, where it should break, etc. I was hoping there was a simple method to use for the next time I need to update the org chart - without having to start all over with a new spreadsheet. I know in Access, you can easily generate new reports based on whatever information is contained in the tables. Is there a similar process for Visio. I want to keep the same structure, page names, etc. - just have it gather its information from a N...