win7 chipset video driver fail win update install

chipsets 7150, 9400, 9300. exactly like laptop video drivers. I started since
beta and been getting device manager install- win update errors up to today
14 november 2009. windows7 retail. why has neerly every new version driver
install failed from windows update ? I can not find nvidia stand alone video
drivers because it is part of the chipset package.. and that is out dated
even when installed from safe mode crashed. nvidia and microsoft: can you fix
the 'dozen updates' failure issues? the 9400 driver issue failure was so bad
windows 7 would not boot. yes it was totally repeatable with multiple windows
installs on 3 mother boards and 3 other chipsets. can you help me ? why is
the failure repeating with each new driver release ?

It is generally _not_ recommended to install drivers for non-Microsoft devices
from the Microsoft Update site.

Have you tried from this Nvidia site?
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

 From the "Technologies" dropdown, Windows 7, I found a link to Nvidia's list of
Win7 compatible drivers.  http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1241025430517.html
All of the chipset numbers you listed are on the list.

Check the installation instructions from Nvidia and follow them.  After my last
video driver update from Nvidia, Microsoft Update recognized the new driver
version and the driver update item disappeared.  Make sure to disable any
"protection" software while installing, it might interfere with changing system
files with no feedback as to what's happening.

You didn't really explain _why_ you are trying to update the drivers.  If you
are not having any video rendering issues there isn't really anything to gain by
updating the drivers. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 11/14/2009 7:08 PM, Author: eric  Wrote:
> chipsets 7150, 9400, 9300. exactly like laptop video drivers. I started since
> beta and been getting device manager install- win update errors up to today
> 14 november 2009. windows7 retail. why has neerly every new version driver
> install failed from windows update ? I can not find nvidia stand alone video
> drivers because it is part of the chipset package.. and that is out dated
> even when installed from safe mode crashed. nvidia and microsoft: can you fix
> the 'dozen updates' failure issues? the 9400 driver issue failure was so bad
> windows 7 would not boot. yes it was totally repeatable with multiple windows
> installs on 3 mother boards and 3 other chipsets. can you help me ? why is
> the failure repeating with each new driver release ?
Thank you for the link. I installed the driver download from nvidia and it
works, but flickers when scrolling web pages. might roll back driver. Reason
for install is to get latest driver fixes based on nvidia pdf
'191.07_Win7_Desktop_Release_Notes' and because the 'windows update' software
down load recommended it. Since I am testing windows for several people I
want to know if there are any issues... because I will have to go fix it.
normally drivers improve over several months, but all these new driver
updates have created some problems of their own. Sory to say I am very
disappointed in the problems stil being here. several months of patients are
wearing thin. I am reporting broken software so they can fix it. ha ha.. the
last time I saw this many driver updates was way back on windows melinium and
56k modems. Every one writing drivers and fixing errors will get things
sorted out eventually. It has just been a very long time aproaching 6 months.
At present time I am not sure if I can recommend these motherbaord video
chipsets. It is much easier to just buy and install a pcie card.

"G. R. Woodring" wrote:

> It is generally _not_ recommended to install drivers for non-Microsoft devices
> from the Microsoft Update site.
>
> Have you tried from this Nvidia site?
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>
>  From the "Technologies" dropdown, Windows 7, I found a link to Nvidia's list of
> Win7 compatible drivers.  http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1241025430517.html
> All of the chipset numbers you listed are on the list.
>
> Check the installation instructions from Nvidia and follow them.  After my last
> video driver update from Nvidia, Microsoft Update recognized the new driver
> version and the driver update item disappeared.  Make sure to disable any
> "protection" software while installing, it might interfere with changing system
> files with no feedback as to what's happening.
>
> You didn't really explain _why_ you are trying to update the drivers.  If you
> are not having any video rendering issues there isn't really anything to gain by
> updating the drivers. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)
>
> --
> G. R. Woodring
>
> Date: 11/14/2009 7:08 PM, Author: eric  Wrote:
> > chipsets 7150, 9400, 9300. exactly like laptop video drivers. I started since
> > beta and been getting device manager install- win update errors up to today
> > 14 november 2009. windows7 retail. why has neerly every new version driver
> > install failed from windows update ? I can not find nvidia stand alone video
> > drivers because it is part of the chipset package.. and that is out dated
> > even when installed from safe mode crashed. nvidia and microsoft: can you fix
> > the 'dozen updates' failure issues? the 9400 driver issue failure was so bad
> > windows 7 would not boot. yes it was totally repeatable with multiple windows
> > installs on 3 mother boards and 3 other chipsets. can you help me ? why is
> > the failure repeating with each new driver release ?
> .

A problem with integrated video chipsets is that they depend on hijacking part
of the system memory to function.  When my son installed Vista on a 512MB system
with integrated video it left just 448MB of system memory which was only
adequate for his business software.  With an additional GB of system memory
added, he not only got better performance but new Vista eye-candy came to life.
  I don't think Windows 7 would be happy with less than 2GB memory.  If you have
plenty of memory it might be worth checking the BIOS to see if more can be
allotted to video.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 11/15/2009 12:19 AM, Author: eric  Wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> --
>> G. R. Woodring
>>
>> Date: 11/14/2009 7:08 PM, Author: eric  Wrote:
>>> chipsets 7150, 9400, 9300. exactly like laptop video drivers. I started since
>>> beta and been getting device manager install- win update errors up to today
>>> 14 november 2009. windows7 retail. why has neerly every new version driver
>>> install failed from windows update ? I can not find nvidia stand alone video
>>> drivers because it is part of the chipset package.. and that is out dated
>>> even when installed from safe mode crashed. nvidia and microsoft: can you fix
>>> the 'dozen updates' failure issues? the 9400 driver issue failure was so bad
>>> windows 7 would not boot. yes it was totally repeatable with multiple windows
>>> installs on 3 mother boards and 3 other chipsets. can you help me ? why is
>>> the failure repeating with each new driver release ?

No Accounts will update
Money Plus Deluxe Ever since this morning my accounts will not update. Summary message indicates my account is being updated and to try again later. I see this periodically on a single account when the bank may be doing maintenance, but never for all accounts. Additionally, the "update in progress" status in the account list will not change, even when closing and re-opening money. On Feb 23, 5:38 pm, "LJ" <n...@m.4me> wrote: > Money Plus Deluxe > > Ever since this morning my accounts will not update. Summary message > indicates my account is b...

Installing on Win7
My computer is running on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2008 Sp1 and .Net 3.5 sp1 I am not able to MS SQL 2008 and getting compatibility issue error and says it requires .Net 3.5 to be installed Any workarounds?! Regards Raj On 2010-08-22 11:43, Raj wrote: > My computer is running on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2008 Sp1 and .Net 3.5 > sp1 > > I am not able to MS SQL 2008 and getting compatibility issue error and says > it requires .Net 3.5 to be installed > > Any workarounds?! > See if anything mentioned in this post solves your problem: h...

Rollup 2 Installation Problems
Have been trying to install rollup 2 for MSCRM 3. Keep getting an error as the installation checks the system configuration. The error message box sez: "Micorsoft.Crm.SE.TimeZoneUpdate.TimeZoneUpdatePatch.exe - Common LanguageRuntime Debugging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id = 0xbb4 (2996), Thread id = 0x1198 (4504) Click OK..." Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Paul McBride Hi, I believe rollup 2 is important and it should be possible to get it installed without any problem. I have it running in many international installa...

FUNNY VIDEO FREE !
FUNNY VIDEO COLLECTION http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/funny-video-collection ANIMAL FUNNY VIDEO http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/animal-funny-video SPORT FUNNY VIDEO http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/sport-funny-video BABY FUNNY VIDEO http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/baby-funny-video GIRLS FUNNY VIDEO http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/girls-funny-video MAN FUNNY VIDEO http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/man-funny-video BEST FUNNY VIDEO from: http://sites.google.com/site/funnymoviefree/ ...

Windows Update, OS and SP 3 issues
I installed all of the latest updates on my computer, including IE 8 and Service Pack 3 for xp. Now, 1) it’s not finding my camera when I plug it in; 2) it’s not installing (or uninstalling programs. It tells me there’s a problem with the installer. I checked that theregistry permissions are as required in the instructions on the Microsoft website. Still no good. 3) When I go to widows Update, it tells me I have to change my security setting so as to enable userdata persistence… but userdate persistence is already enabled. Everything was fine before I installed the update...

Update GAL from Outlook?
Hi, is it possible to allow users to update their own General & Phone/Notes GAL info from within Outlook 2003? (Using Exchange 2003 & AD 2000) Regards, Matt On 6 Jan 2006 02:59:12 -0800, google.com@realequity.co.uk wrote: >Hi, >is it possible to allow users to update their own General & Phone/Notes >GAL info from within Outlook 2003? (Using Exchange 2003 & AD 2000) > >Regards, >Matt The Galmod tool that was included with the Exchange 2000 Resource Kit supposedly still works with Exchange 2003. I would test that however. It wont work however with Outloo...

Forestprep fails
Hi I'm about to install Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2003. I have installed all updates from Windowsupdate, installed AD with a new forest. (domain.local). And DNS. DCDiag and NetDiag runs with no errors. But when i run the ForestPrep to extend the AD schema for Exchange i get an error: "Setup failed while installing sub-component Microsoft Windows Active Directory schema update with error code 0x103798A (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description)." This appears when the installation procedure is "Configuring registry entries for Microsoft Windows...

unable to open recurring entry in calendar view Out 98 Win 98 SE
I can go into calendar and establish a recurring entry. Once it is entered, I can only open it from Today view. If I try to open it from calendar view, outlook reports that it is unable because of out of resources. (System is 384 Meg, 40 Gig, no other applications running). If I get the error message and then close Outlook, program ends with illegal op. If I first have a problem openning the recurring entry, then go to today and open it, all is fine and I can end the program with no error message. I have reinstalled the application. Any suggestions? ...

Automatic login screen in Win7?
Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still wants me to login. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance... Bob On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote: > Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. > I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user > name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still > wants me to...

Win7 Newsgroups
Where are the Win7 newsgroups hiding? Thanks On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 02:26:25 +1100, David_AU wrote: > Where are the Win7 newsgroups hiding? Thanks alt.windows7.general - I'd hardly call it 'hiding'. There are no Microsoft Win 7 groups. The support forum for Windows 7 is: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/ or http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Other forums are: http://www.sevenforums.com/ http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16 http://www.w7forums.com/ Some newsgroup servers carry...

Installation Downgrade
Purchased exchange 2003 enterprise edition. Want to downgrade the initial installation to exchange 2000 enterprise edition and go to 2003 later. Can I install the demo version of exchange 2000 with the product key for 2003? What are my options? http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/howtobuy/trial.asp You will need to install a second server so you can move mailboxes. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples a...

Fund Price Update
My issue is different than the price update problems I have read here. MSN Money.ca's fund price is simply out-of-date. For example, the search for TML705 (a Templeton fund) shows the last nav price was Dec.3 Today is Dec.8 The last nav should really be Dec. 5 (Friday). MSN Money is supposed to get the price data from Morningstar which is up-to-date. Why is this? Anyone knows? Thanks TML705 (a Templeton fund) checked market website(s) and could not find this fund. >-----Original Message----- >My issue is different than the price update problems I have >read here. >MSN...

11 won't install on xp pro 64
I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows Media Player 11. Am I really able to install Windows Media Player 11? If so how can I install it? You should be able to install WMP 11 on that version of Windows. Try downloading WMP 11 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c6a4cecb-9cb2-42f7-8814-7cb5067ee958&displaylang=en Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Yami15 wrote: > I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows > Media Player 11. Am I really able to install ...

2004 MSMoney Install questions
I just bought Money 2004 Deluxe and as I start the install, it starts installing IE 6.0 . I have and would like to keep IE 5.5 - any way around this ? IE 6 along with the additional features also seems prone to virus,spyware,hacks,bugs,crashes,etc - I have no problems with 5.5 and would like to stay at 5.5 . I aborted the install, so can you tell me any other MS "updates" they want me to install ? I currently am still at Win Media Player 6 and want to stay there too - the newer versions want to take over the PC. I prefer QT and Realplayer to WMP V7 and up. I have been using M20...

filter driver getting physical sector size of device?
Hi, Where would a filter driver for disk drives find the physical sector size of the device? Checking the pdo SectorSize field has zero. TIA!! IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY(_EX) --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "David F." <df2705@community.nospam> wrote in message = news:4BAA535D-38E0-4B06-A9B7-5BB1F64C85BD@microsoft.com... > Hi, >=20 > Where would a filter driver for disk drives find the physical sector = size of=20 > the device? Checking the pdo SectorSize field has zero....

Updating Pivot Tables Dynamically
I'm currently looking to implement a solution to automate the process of updating 5 pivot tables (one after another) on the same worksheet in an Excel workbook. Within the workbook there is a worksheet which is used as the data source for the pivot tables. If the number of items in the data source does not change the pivot table updates without any problems. However if the number of items in the data source increases the pivot tables start overlapping which causes errors. My guess here is that you can’t place pivot tables in a worksheet and have them adjust their size...

Add'l GP 10 instance installation
I'm trying to set up a second instance of GP 10. While running the installer I get this error ".NET Framework 2.0 not detected" and the installation fails. I do have .NET Framework 2.0 installed, as well as 3.0 and 3.5. What's the easiest workaround for this? Elaine, I think you are trying to install GP10.0, version prior to FP1. The reason why you are getting this error is because you have .net framework higher than 2.0. To resolve your issue, you need to follow the procedures listed in KB Article 947538 that you'll find in Customersource/Partnersource. OR Yo...

Updating Names
Hi, I have several worksheets which contain the same names but different info. I want to be able to add and delete names in one source file which will update the other worksheets, sort in alphabetical order and keep the same data in all the worksheets linked to the right name. Thanks Hi BLM; Jan Karel Pieters's Name Manager add-in, freely downloadable at: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm Might well reduce a lot of the manipulation pain - and it is well worth having anyway! --- Regards, Norman "BLM" <BLM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Operation Failed #4
Hi All: Over the course of the last few weeks I have been getting the message "Operation failed" on my WIn ME PC. It specifically happens when I Try and send a email. When this happens I usally have to restart. ...

Updating text field to new numeric field & moving minus sign to fr
Hi, I need some help with the below IF statement for update query. I got it to move the negative sign to the front of the number, but now it is removing all numbers after my decimal point. I've checked to make sure my formatting for [MyNumericField] is double and 2 decimal points. For example: [MyTextField] is 23.32- I run update query and.... [MyNumericField] is -23 Here is what I have for the update query: UPDATE [MyTable] SET [MyTable].[MyNumericField] = IIf(Right([MyTextField],1)="-",-CLng(Left([MyTextField],Len([MyTextField])-1)),CLng([MyTe...

Win7 Newsgroup??
Is there a windows 7 newsgroup? I can't seem to find one. Have a good day. -- JamesKB JamesKB wrote: > Is there a windows 7 newsgroup? I can't seem to find one. > > Have a good day. Depends on what server you are on. Official Microsoft one - no. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html You might review previous threads about this: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/search?group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&q=%22windows+7%22...

Is there a way to build an initial VidPN in Win 7 driver
Hi, I need a help for the scenario below: ================================ I have two displays - CRTC and DVI output. the crtc is the primary display. Now I want to change and try to tell Win 7 to switch to DVI as primary after reboot. How can I do in the driver? It seems on Vista, the DXgk call recommendVidPnTopology can do it. But in WIn 7, this DDI is removed. In IsSupportedVidPn, I can fail the original VidPN (Crtc). And I can let the OS shows desktop on DVI. But when I try to switch to crtc from desktop property page, I got unable save display settings error messag...

ComboBox: Update a value in current record before changing the ComboBox Value
It's been a while since I have had any issues...I seem to create my own problems... I have a combo box in a sunform. I use the combobox to choice multiple items in the subform. When I pick and item in the combobox, I run an AFTER UPDATE and set a value in a table (I change a 0 to a 5). However, if I picked the wrong record and go and change it to a different record, the value I set to 5 above stays a 5 and know I have a record with a value I do not want...I want to change it back to 0 before I change the record in the combobox. I have tried Before Update, On Enter, On Get Focus...thes...

Outlook 2000 fails to send HTML formatted messages
Gentlemen: When I try to send an HTML or RFT formmatted message I get the following response: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about the problem. We have created an error report ............... The error report states: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1255 Offset: 00006d79 I am using Windows XP professional, Word 2000, Outlook 2000. I am able to send plain t...

Hypertest link auto update
I have a large list of stocks on a worksheet and each stock has a lin to the NASDAQ stock site to retrive their stock report for a selecte stock. I would like a link for each stock that takes me directly to tha stock's report. The URL would be exactly the same with the exception of the change fo each TICKER. I already have a pointer which directs a data retrival macro to fetc the correct stock's data from Yahoo. So the Ticker symbol is in col c and can be incremented using the TICKER name as a counter to loo through the ticker sympols. Any sugestions? Thank -- MJSlatter -------...