what is watch.wtc file

Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and we
never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I
put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier
computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get
there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?

smiles_ny wrote:
> Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and we
> never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
> know.
> I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
> thier
> computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it
> get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

0
PA
5/8/2010 4:41:30 AM

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
>
> smiles_ny wrote:
> > Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and we
> > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
> > know.
> > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
> > thier
> > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it
> > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !
>
> .

Let's try this again.  PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
Windows Update.  You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
newsgroup, don't you?  Your question has nothing to do with Windows Update.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont
>> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
>> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
>> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
>> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
>> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have
>> used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
>>
>> smiles_ny wrote:
>> > Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and
>> > we
>> > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
>> > know.
>> > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
>> > thier
>> > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did
>> > it
>> > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !
>>
>> .

0
Michael
5/8/2010 12:59:48 PM
If I were you, the first thing I would do is ...........Research

Yahoo
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=watch.wtc&ei=UTF-8&fr=hp-pvdt

Google is your friend, the best way to search is using Google Groups Advanced
newsgroup search at
<http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&;;>

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q=watch.wtc+file+&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2010&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off

Bing
http://www.bing.com/search?mkt=en-us&setlang=en-us&q=watch.wtc+file+&form=MSSBMN

Good luck
-=-

"smiles_ny" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
> >
> > smiles_ny wrote:
> > > Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and we
> > > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
> > > know.
> > > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
> > > thier
> > > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it
> > > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !
> >
> > .

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

cf. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080813171803AAs4wh8

smiles_ny wrote:
> ...we dont
> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used
> that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.

<edit>
>> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<
</edit>
>> smiles_ny wrote:
>>> Found this file under "My Pictures"  it was called " watch.wtc file and
>>> we
>>> never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
>>> know.
>>> I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
>>> thier
>>> computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did
>>> it
>>> get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

0
PA
5/8/2010 7:23:21 PM
sorry PA Bear,,,its windows XP

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> cf. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080813171803AAs4wh8
>
> smiles_ny wrote:
> > ...we dont
> > know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> > found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> > what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> > ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> > have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used
> > that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
> >
> <edit>
> >> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<
> </edit>
>
> .

yes i do realize,i didnt know if maybe its possible that that was put there
because of a windows update i did,thats why i asked. Why did you write that
below Michael ? I wouldnt pick a fight with anyone ever.

"Michael" wrote:

> Let's try this again.  PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
> Windows Update.  You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
> newsgroup, don't you?  Your question has nothing to do with Windows Update.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont
> >> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> >> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> >> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> >> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> >> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have
> >> used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.

> >> .
> >>
> .

Did you notice the file after a specific Windows Update.  If so, which one.
If not, your post has nothing to do with Windows Update.  Have you googled
"watch.wtc" to see if anything turned up?  I have.  This is the most common
answer:

"This file type is a standard encrypted Watertec database and can be
accessed and read only by the import/export facility within Watertec.
Watertec is a software program utilized only by large companies,
organizations, groups and councils. The Watertec software and database is
not available to the general public."

What you read below this is called a signature.

--

> yes i do realize,i didnt know if maybe its possible that that was put
> there
> because of a windows update i did,thats why i asked. Why did you write
> that
> below Michael ? I wouldnt pick a fight with anyone ever.
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Let's try this again.  PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
>> Windows Update.  You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
>> newsgroup, don't you?  Your question has nothing to do with Windows
>> Update.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> .

0
Michael
5/10/2010 2:36:47 PM
thank you michael for responding,,my husband and i appreciate everyones help
here .

"Michael" wrote:

> Did you notice the file after a specific Windows Update.  If so, which one.
> If not, your post has nothing to do with Windows Update.  Have you googled
> "watch.wtc" to see if anything turned up?  I have.  This is the most common
> answer:
>
> "This file type is a standard encrypted Watertec database and can be
> accessed and read only by the import/export facility within Watertec.
> Watertec is a software program utilized only by large companies,
> organizations, groups and councils. The Watertec software and database is
> not available to the general public."
>
> What you read below this is called a signature.

open word file
Hi i would like to open word file using getopenfilename by using excel macro and copy the data to excel file. Sub test() Dim appWD As Word.Application Dim appWDS As Word.Document Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8") appWD.Visible = True filetoopen = Word.Application.GetOpenFilename("All Files (*.*),*.*") Workbooks.Open filetoopen end sub Here you go. This works. It's not exactly like your code, but you get the idea. The "text to be pasted" should be replaced with text from your Excel file. Let me know if you need help getting...

Why does opening a Publisher file also cause Adobe Photoshop to open?
I have a Publisher file, that was created in Publisher 2000 that opened normally until I installed a newer version of Adobe Photoshop on my computer (Creative Suite 1). Now whenever I try to open the file, Photoshop also opens. Is there some way to stop this from happening without having to recreate the Publisher document from scratch? Are you saying both programs open? Look at the file associations. Right-click a Publisher file, properties, opens with... change. Associate it with Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micro...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 ...

How to convert xls files to csv for garmin poi loading
HI, I'm having trouble loading the poi's on my garmin c330. I have an exel file and I want to convert it to csv. Also, do I have to put a header on each column? what is the best way to convert to xls file to .csv so that I can load it to my garmin gps? Anybody? please help. -- Edy http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2639EF6C-E8D8-4D90-968C-FE61E4CD2C66@microsoft.com... > HI, > > I'm having trouble loading the poi's on my garmin c330. I...

Files Do Not Open
Hi, Using Office X and am able to open the individual programs, but when I go to select a file to open, they are all greyed out and unable to double click on any of them. Everything was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if this installation was a trial version that expired. Has anyone else seen this? I've emailed the same files to other mac with same version of Office and it opens up fine. On 7/11/07 7:04 AM, in article 1184162654.936039.211630@m3g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "matgeorge@gmail.com" <matgeorge@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Office X and am able...

Michelangelo Watch, Best Wristwatch
Michelangelo Watch, Best Wristwatch Best Watches World: http://www.watches-world.net/ Ulysse Nardin Watches World: http://www.watches-world.net/Ulysse-Nardin.html Ulysse Nardin Michelangelo Watch : http://www.watches-world.net/Michelangelo.html Few watchmakers require a book of operating instructions to accompany their timepieces. But the Ulysse Nardin dynasty is no ordinary watchmaker. Since 1846, Nardin and his descendents have produced award winning timepieces. These coveted watches are produced in extremely limited quantities. Ulysse Nardin's technical achievements are legendary. Its ...

Address Book Files
What are the names and extensions for both Outlook and Outlook Express? -- Thank You, Robert Runkel P.O. Box 1816 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Home Phone: 831-648-8651 Cell Phone: 831-402-4943 FAX Phone: 831-649-7174 Below is the email address to contact Bob Runkel: <mailto:BRUNKEL@ACM.ORG> ...

Problems with sending PDF file attachment
Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? Thanks Duffbeerlvr <duffbeerlvr@yahoo.com> wrote: > Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When > she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent > numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else > experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? This can be t...

Bvlgari B.zero1 Ladies Watch BZ22WSL
Bvlgari B.zero1 Ladies Watch BZ22WSL http://www.watchestrade.net/Bulgari-Bvlgari-B-Zero1.html http://www.watchestrade.net/Bulgari-Watches.html http://www.watchestrade.net/Bvlgari-B.zero1-Ladies-Watch-BZ22WSL.html http://www.watchestrade.net/ <br />Stainless steel case. White leather strap. White dial. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Tang clasp. Case diameter 22mm. Quartz movement. Water resistant at 30 meters (100 feet). Alternate model number 100985. ...

Import Error from 2004 file to '05, 06, Plus, etc
I have a Money 2004 file that works just fine bar the expiration of downloading stock quotes. I previously bought, installed, and tried to use M'05 & M06, but ran into the Cashflow not Updating issue, and figured I just keep using M'04 until I was forced to update. Now, I installed the demo of MPlus and have the same situation, when I import my M04 file, it crashed the program (same as M05 and M06), the import never completes. Money restarts, and it appears all my data is there, but it runs terribly slow, and the cashflow doesn't work. So, I started the whole list of...

importing microsoft outlook files
I've changed laptop and need to transfer mail/contacts/calendar/etc from old to new PC. They tell me *.pst is the solution, BUT it will displace (erase) newly recieved email on new PC! HOW DO I IMPORT - INTEGRATE - OLD FILES INTO NEW ONES ( In article <019b01c3464d$47f105f0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, info@rayfoundation.org says... > I've changed laptop and need to transfer > mail/contacts/calendar/etc from old to new PC. They tell > me *.pst is the solution, BUT it will displace (erase) > newly recieved email on new PC! > > HOW DO I IMPORT - INTEGRATE - OLD FI...

How do I convert a csv file to an Excel file?
Hi- My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any suggestions? Thanks- Anne In Excel File -> Open Change "Files of Type" to ALL Files You should be able to see your CSV file. "Anne B" wrote: > Hi- > > My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily > convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do > this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any su...

Got "file could not be accessed" error while opening an .xls file through IE
I was creating a text data file named ne.xls under public_html directory so that any user can use IE to access the file and view it as excel file. For some reason, I am getting the "file could not be accessed" error message if I access the file through Internet Explore (IE). And there is no error if I directly open up the file through excel program. I am sure the file is in the right directory, has read and write permission, has no special characters in the filename, the full path is less than 218 characters. And I am sure it has something to do with the data contents. ...

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

error: end of file reached
Hi, I have Outlook Express 5.02 on the Mac (OS 8.6). I was running Speed = disk=20 on my Mac and it hung. Now, when I try to launch Outlook I get an error=20 message that says: "An error has occurred. The end of file was reached." = and=20 Outlook fails to launch. Per Knowledge base article 296844 I have: 1. Deleted the Identity preferences file. 2. Deleted the Outlook Express preferences file. 3. Rebuilt the desktop. 4. Tried rebuilding the Outlook Express database (by holding the option = key=20 while launching. I recieved the same "end of file" message when I tried = a=2...

Cheap Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish Watches
Cheap Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish Watches - Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish Watch Cheapest Watches Home : http://www.watchesprice.net/ Chopard Brands : http://www.watchesprice.net/Chopard-Watches.html Cheap Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish : http://www.watchesprice.net/Chopard-Watches-Happy-Beach-Fish-Watches.html Cheapest Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish --- We are glad to offer you the best Chopard Watches Happy Beach Fish at a very moderate price. All these timepieces are very bright and in style, select one for yourself or for your beloved person. Cheap Chopard Watches Happy Beach...

Filed messages re-appearing in Inbox
Hi, A few of our users have had an unusual issue where messages they have filed into sub-folders reappear en mass back in their Inbox. This tends to be a once off thing (only a few users have reported it happening at various times and it never seems to happen to the same user more than once) but it obviously causes a lot of hassle for the user as they must refile hundreds of messages. We are completely stumped as to what causes this.. The desktop client is Outlook 2003, server is Exchange 2003, and the affected users also have Blackberries (though the latest affected user reports that she ne...

Chopard Ice Cube Watch, Popular Wristwatch
Chopard Ice Cube Watch, Popular Wristwatch Popular Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/ Chopard Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-Watches.html Chopard Ice Cube Watch: http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-Ice-Cube.html Chopard Ice Cube All Hot Luxury Wristwatch : Chopard 18kt Yellow Gold Ice Cube Ladies Watch 11/7407-YG : http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-18kt-Yellow-Gold-Ice-Cube-Ladies-Watch-11-7407-YG.html Chopard Ice Cube Steel Ladies Watch 11/8898 : http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-Ice-Cube-Steel-Ladies-Watch-11-8898.html ...

Invalid file path
Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the correct file path to get my records to restore? thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greycats2 wrote: >Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has >been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and >it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the >correct file path to get my records to restore? Rather than restore to the "default' location, Browse to ...

Network Outlook file
Hello, I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? Thanks Dear, It is not a good idea to keep the pst file on a network server, it will decrease the performance. Why don't you use Exchange server. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "majutatu" wrote: > Hello, > > I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? > > Thanks > thanks, but can I back all my files to a network share or server? Thanks again "Anver" wr...

watch
What is watch conversation? ...

Automating Exporting to pst file
I have done a lot of VB6 programming and integrated Excel and Access into my apps but have not done so with Outlook. I am using Outlook 2000. Is there a way to use the Export to a file by accessing the export routine in Outlook and using VBA to select the options such as pst file, inbox, do not replace duplicates, file name, etc.? Specifically, where do I find the names of the controls in the Export function to call? My daughter gets confused trying to backup and I would like to simplify it by calling a macro to do it in one step. Thanks for the help. No, that dialog ca...

Problem with file name during save
When I try to save a file (Save as) ony the first character is listed as the file name. I can change the name using explorer and then it is OK. Any idas? There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answer. (I think it has something to do with WindowsXP). I don't think I've ever seen this option in Win98 or WinNT.) Copying from that post: From: Donut Man (mikeclouser@iname.com) Subject: Re: excel save problem ...

trace files
Does anyone know how to block trace files from comming in through Outlook or Internet explorer? Thanks, C- ...

2G limitation of OST file
What happens if there are more than 2G emails which are required to synchronize to OST file? Would it create multiple one when approaching size limit? Peter wrote: > What happens if there are more than 2G emails which are required to > synchronize to OST file? Would it create multiple one when > approaching size limit? No, I think it will just stop working. Using OL2003 will let you have a larger OST file (use cached mode; it's very nice to have) ...