update not working

why wont my windows update fail

windows update wrote:
> why wont my windows update fail

No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail.  Strange query
anyway.  Why do you think it should fail?

No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are
not) having the issue with.  What edition of that operating system?  What
service pack of that operating system?  What version of Internet Explorer?
What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the
failure)?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
2/9/2010 3:24:55 AM
Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service pack 3 and
this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to finish to do this but it
worked and the PC is running faster because there is a clean up on this.

Alan wrote:
> Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service
> pack 3 and this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to
> finish to do this but it worked and the PC is running faster
> because there is a clean up on this.

First - how do you know the original poster even has Windows XP?

Second - Windows XP Service Pack 3 doesn't do any 'clean up'...  Although
some people might have to do a clean up to get it installed.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
2/9/2010 4:28:13 AM
huh?

windows update wrote:
> why wont my windows update fail
0
PA
2/9/2010 7:24:57 AM
Because you haven't tried hard enough.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"windows update" <windows update@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why wont my windows update fail

0
Michael
2/9/2010 11:42:06 AM
Mine does, every month - Code 646 for Office updates..

MS suggests turning off the UAC - rather funny given the updates are to fix
security problems, as a rule.

You just need to try harder or install Office.

"windows update" <windows update@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why wont my windows update fail

0
Bill

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

insert picture from scanner doesnt work anymore
Every other Microsoft product works except Publisher. Have reinstalled printer and Publisher and contacted HP with not help Scan your picture and save it in a folder, insert into Publisher. Did you seek a newer driver while you were at HP? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dobr" <dobr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D458581-7CEF-4235-B841-AB46C2ACBE37@microsoft.com... > Every other Microsoft product works except Publisher. Have reinstalled > printer and Publisher and contacted H...

Vlookup not working due to "bad" web data
Hello, I am trying to get a vlookup to work across multiple worksheets that have data downloaded (or copied and pasted) from different websites. It seems that there are probably some formatting issues with the data. How can I make the data uniform across all worksheets? Thanks! Don Guillett wrote on 03/08/2010 09:24 ET : > If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: > 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet > 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line > 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want > 4. You ...

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working 01-07-10
Looking for some guidance. When I select Windows Live Messenger I receive the following: Windows is checking for a solution to the problem I have tried changing the compatibility settings and re-installing several times. windows 7 home premium (64-bit OS) 6GB RAM ...

NEW TASK does not work

scramble the names on work roster
Hi all.. I got this roster on a excell work book. Could you please help me to get the following. the names on the first collumn has to be put random in the grid below the roster. but first check and see if the person work morn shift. only if person 4 is working morning on monday 18 may then his name can be added to the grid below every week i print one of these rosters. these names must be scrambled every week on the below grid. the last condition is that the names must be duplicated as littel as possible From time to time i add or take away names. Geen uitruilings sal ged...

How update entity in post update?

publisher 2002 how do I get it to work with vista ?
Hi i have bought a new comp with Vista windows but my Publisher is XP and wont work I cannot afford to replace that also but use it all the time as my hobby is cardmaking ,is there a patch I can download ? Right-click the Publisher icon, Properties, Compatibility tab, use Windows XP (service pack 2). This works for me. Are you getting an error when you try to open Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Meeeee" <Meeeee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C68CF33-7D4C-45A7-8FEE-D57DC7EB0154@microsoft.com... > Hi i have bought a...

latest update too MSCFV2

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

[ANN] Excel X security update

is IMF working?
I've had the block setting down to 4 and up to 8. It is set to 'reject' mail. It seems to make no difference to the amount of junk mail I receive. Most or all of my junk mail is blocked by Outlook. When I use OWA instead, I have to wade through the junk (typically 80 per day) to get to the real mail (typically 2 per day). Is this a sign that the second part of IMF (mark mail as junk) is working? Do I need to set the intelligent mail filter even lower? two? one? Does exchange support any counters? Is there an IMF counter? How do I tell if IMF is working? I posted some d...

Payroll Update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

i want to find microsoft works please help me to find it. i reall.
Hi not really sure what your issue is. Do you need to buy this program? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "TATINI2003US@YAHOO.COM" <TATINI2003US@YAHOO.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CD92EB68-1B90-4317-9051-2D5C140E9214@microsoft.com... > ...