update failure code 0x80070663

I am on my 4th attempt at updating but keep getting the above failure code,
has anyone overcome this before, if so how?
--
dave.b

A Google search on the error code will result in a multitude of
possibilities.

"dave.b" <daveb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on my 4th attempt at updating but keep getting the above failure code,
> has anyone overcome this before, if so how?
> --
> dave.b

0
Jerry
3/1/2010 8:22:41 PM
dave.b wrote:
> I am on my 4th attempt at updating but keep getting the above failure code,
> has anyone overcome this before, if so how?

0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED
This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package
exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid Windows Installer update package.

Which edition of Windows; what Service Pack level is it on ?
Which updates are you attempting to install ?

You could try download and *saving* them from the MS Download Center and
then trying a manual installation of the updates.

If you do, be sure to download and *save* the *specific* updates that
match the *architecture* of your system ( either 32 bit, x86, or 64 bit,
x64 ): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?
I am doing some list comparing and I have to do a lot of the same actions (specifically, highlight three cells, insert, shift cells down) Is there a way I can code that action into a shortcut key? Check out the Help info on Recording Macros. They can have shortcut keys assigned to them and can also be attached to custom toolbar button & command buttons, and can be added to your Menu. Good Luck |:>) "chris" wrote: > I am doing some list comparing and I have to do a lot of the same actions > (specifically, highlight three cells, insert, shift cells down) > &...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

outlook 2003 programming using managed code?
I'm not sure I'm posting this question in the correct newsgroup, so please bear with me. I'm spending some time learning how to customize outlook using VBA using the Sue Mosher text. The next step, after VBA, is the COM library. But, overtime, Microsoft will "cover" most of the important COM libraries with managed code. I think this is a positive step. Managed code is far easier to program with than the "bare" COM substrate. So now my question: is there an "official" Microsoft managed code layer for Outlook? It's an obvious next step. It's not...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Problems Updating to Visual Studio 2008
I've previously used Visual C++ 4 and have now updated to Visual Studio 2008. In Visual C++ 4, I used the Class Wizard with its five tabs: Message Maps, Member Variables, OLE Automation, OLE Events, and Class Info to define an application. This structure doesn't seem to exist in Visual Studio 2008. Can anyone explain, or point me to information about, how I can get to the same functionality in Visual Studio 2008? I'd also welcome any suggestions for a book I might purchase that explains how to use Visual C++ as implemented in Visual Studio 2008. Gordon P "Gordon P...

Client method called by RegisterStartupScript is firing but UI isn't updating
Can somebody look at the below code and tell me what I am doing wrong. I am uploading files and need to report back to the client when each upload has completed. for(i=0;i<=Request.Files.Count;i++) { int percentComplete = (int)Math.Ceiling((double)(i + 1) / (double) Request.Files.Count * 100); string message = string.Format("{0} of {1} uploaded", i + 1, Request.Files.Count); ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "progress" + i, @"do_progress('" + message + "','" + percentComplete + "');",...