update error 80070424

Hi !
I am going to get crazy very soon because i can´t get my windows updates to
work at all.
Everyime i try to push the button for updates,the error code shows (80070424).
I had tryed to switch on tru the dialog box but it did not work.

Please help me with this problem!!
It have not been working since 2009 my windows update.
I have Norton internet security in my computer,does this disturb my windows
update?

Lastra  Sweden wrote:
> Hi !
> I am going to get crazy very soon because i can´t get my windows updates to
> work at all.
> Everyime i try to push the button for updates,the error code shows (80070424).
> I had tryed to switch on tru the dialog box but it did not work.
>
> Please help me with this problem!!
> It have not been working since 2009 my windows update.
> I have Norton internet security in my computer,does this disturb my windows
> update?

Yes, Norton Internet Security does 'disturb' your Windows update.
Don't go crazy, go here for an explanation as to why. See the Methods
that are listed for Vista/Windows 7:

Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
to install updates: 0x80070424
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

You can reset Windows Update components by downloading the Fixit from
this page and *saving* it:

How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

When the download finishes, configure the computer to boot to Clean boot:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: The NIS firewall will be disabled now. Check to see that the
native Windows firewall is now ON by opening Windows Firewall in Control
Panel.

Once the system has been Clean booted, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi.
Restart the system when it's finished and see if the system can update
now while *still in the Clean boot state*.

If the system still can not update, suggest you post to the Windows
Update forum as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

I don't know if there's a Swedish Windows Update forum or if there ever
will be one.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen
6/30/2010 9:08:41 PM

>as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:

MowGreen, I am hijacking this thread, only to tell you, thank you, thank you
and thank you, I learn from your posts a lot. Probably, I will lurking in the
forum mencioned following you, and other locals from here over there.

Thank you again, and the Gurus in this neswgruop, and regular helpers.

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

Ǝиçεl wrote:
>> >as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:
>> >
> MowGreen, I am hijacking this thread, only to tell you, thank you, thank you
> and thank you, I learn from your posts a lot. Probably, I will lurking in the
> forum mencioned following you, and other locals from here over there.
>
> Thank you again, and the Gurus in this neswgruop, and regular helpers.
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ©¿©¬
> -=-

You're welcome and you are way too kind, Ǝиçεl. You're participation in
this newsgroup has been very helpful to those whose computers have
experienced updating issues. Way to go and thanks for pitching in !!!

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Credit Card Swiping Error
Im having issues with credit card swiping via keyboard. Currently, the information captured (when swiping the card) is obtaining not only the credit card number, etc., but also a long list of other numbers/characters in the credit card number field. None of the other fields (e.g., name, expiration date, etc.) populate and if I try to process the transaction, i get an error message "invalid card length, please try again." Manually entering the card works fine. Any ideas what might be causing this problem? FWIW, the keyboard is connected to the scanner (running through t...

Update question

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

when I try to create a new email Outlook 2007 gives error message
I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with the exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives me the following message: Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.. The error is further detailed as follows AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00100f99 Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message Any suggestions? Leon Create a new mail profile after an upgrade. --=81 Milly Sta...

How update entity in post update?

Extracting Data and Error Msgs
ERROR MSG: Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation I can’t figure out why: The names of my Columns are as follows: ITEM QTY DAYS TOTAL I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore… I am composing an invoice for my rental business. I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that were...

Error #8270
We have Win2003 network with Exchange2003 running. We have ca. 20 child domains under parent one. Recently when I setup a new user's email account, somehow, email address is not generataed after going through "exchange task" process. After looking for event log, I found lots of error: Event ID 8270, Source: MSExchangeAL CAtogery: LDAP operation Description: LDAP returned error [32] Insufficient rights when importing transaction dn...... DC=childdome, DC=parentdome, DC=com We are running 384k FR between parent domain and each child domains. Any help? Thanks! Have you tr...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Login/Register Error
Hello, I am new at making websites I have researched this error but couldn't find any thing. If this helps I get the error when I am opening my website through my IIS server not by debugging the website. "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed. " I hope this helps http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/fbf32aa8-2125-4919-be81-3baa399e2e0d/ Regards, ...

Payroll Update

The REF error upon removing interdependent row
I set up a set of equations across several rows of data that made the rows have precedents and dependents of each other. I want to delete certain rows that do not fit into the rest of the data stream, which I cannot tell until I run all the formulas. But when I do that, I get a lot of REF errors because they are looking for the removed rows. How do I avoid this problem? Don't remove those rows??? Or convert your formulas to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) before you delete those rows??? geezaflip wrote: > > I set up a set of equations across several rows ...

[ANN] Excel X security update

outlook error exsec32.dll
I am running Win7, Outlook 2007 and Office 2003 (word/excel/ppoint). All is good until I get a "windows update", then Outlook ceases. First it tells me to make Outlook my primary mail client (which it is), then it provides an error message regarding ExSec32.dll and says to reload Outlook. This is getting a little ridiculous given ALL of these are Microsoft products. Do I just turn off the updates? Is there a way to turn off the Office 2003 vs Win7 updates if this is the issue. Thank you Previous posts have suggested its an update for OL 2003 that's incompatible wi...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?