Unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1

Hi,

We use Tivoli to do remote pushing and installation of software to PCs, and
the PCs are already loaded with WinXP SP3, DotNet Framework 1.0, DotNet
Framework 2.0, and DotNet Framework 3.0. Tivoli will not perform an
unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1. It fails and the error logs
say:
"DISSE0198I User program exit code: 1603
RGB9RAST -- Installation failed
RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI
returned error code 1603"
I am using the parameters "/q /norestart"

However if I log in to one of the PCs and manually run the Installation
Files dumped there by Tivoli, after removing the "/q" , it starts off with
this in the installation window--"
"Download complete. You can now disconnect from the internet."
and continues to successfully install.

Can anyone suggest how to do an unattended remote install of DotNet
Framework 3.5 SP1

Thanks.
Any help much appreciated.

--
Tom Small
Middlesex University

Windows Update has nothing to do with this.

You will find support for .NET Framework in these forums:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/netdevelopment

Tom Small wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use Tivoli to do remote pushing and installation of software to PCs,
> and
> the PCs are already loaded with WinXP SP3, DotNet Framework 1.0, DotNet
> Framework 2.0, and DotNet Framework 3.0. Tivoli will not perform an
> unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1. It fails and the error
> logs
> say:
> "DISSE0198I User program exit code: 1603
> RGB9RAST -- Installation failed
> RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI
> returned error code 1603"
> I am using the parameters "/q /norestart"
>
> However if I log in to one of the PCs and manually run the Installation
> Files dumped there by Tivoli, after removing the "/q" , it starts off with
> this in the installation window--"
> "Download complete. You can now disconnect from the internet."
> and continues to successfully install.
>
> Can anyone suggest how to do an unattended remote install of DotNet
> Framework 3.5 SP1
>
> Thanks.
> Any help much appreciated.

-2
PA

Installing 2006 premium on vaction house PC
Can i install 2006 premium in my vaction house PC? Will this creat a problem with my extensive investment portfolio? Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can offer. It won't create a problem if you plan on moving your data file from machine to machine. A USB flash drive would probably be a great way to transport the file to and fro. "Fast Trader" <Fast Trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D80F042-7703-4B0F-A97B-09E7669F853D@microsoft.com... > Can i install 2006 premium in my vaction house PC? Will this creat a > problem wi...

MT2OFX Version 3.1
Hi all, Just a quick note for anyone who's interested in a program to convert downloaded statements in text, CSV and MT940 formats to QIF and OFX. I've just extended my freeware program to allow easy mapping of the payee to a standard form. I know Money already has something like this but the difference is that MT2OFX works on patterns (regular expressions) so it can handle dates, sequence numbers etc. in the payee field. For those of you who don't know the program, it is script-driven and (if someone writes the appropriate script!) handle any text-based format. I'm a...

CRM 3
How can I make a queue viewable by only a subset of users? for example a sales queue that only managers can view in order to assign work to the traders, the traders should not be able to see the view but must see work assigned to them. I have tried setting up Business Units etc without success. Thanks. ...

HELP: Outlook downloads 3,4, now 5 copies of each email
I make Outlook 2000 use a Outlook.pst file on a separate hard disk instead of the usual C:\Documents & Settings\ folder. Everything is fine. I also TICK "Leave copy of message on server" so I always have a backup copy. Now when i format my PC and reinstall Windows & Outlook, I point to my D:\Outlook.pst and it starts using it. Then all of a sudden it starts downloading ALL my emails again. If I format my PC once again and reinstall Windows & Outlook, then Outlook starts downloading ALL my emails TWICE (there's 2 copies of each email downloaded, plus the copy I...

Windows7 update has downloaded and installed, but configuring has
Update for Windows 7 has downloaded and installed. But after restart PC configuring has failed. I tried few times. Please help me, how can I resolve this problem??? Uchka wrote: > Update for Windows 7 has downloaded and installed. But after restart PC > configuring has failed. I tried few times. Please help me, how can I > resolve > this problem??? Have any specifics? Operating System specifics? Windows 7 _______ edition ___-bit Update specifics? KB ______ What is your current AntiVirus solution? (Manufacturer and version, please.) Do you use any third ...

INstallation error CRM 3.0 06-30-06
Near the end of the install, I get a dialog box with the following error: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. What I do was crear those functions manually on both databases the I hit retry to continue the installation. That could be prod...

installation
Hello, What's the best (cheapest, quickest) way to install a simple generic MFC app? Thanks Ian Lazarus wrote: > Hello, > What's the best (cheapest, quickest) way to install a simple generic MFC > app? Copy a single .exe, having linked MFC statically (i.e. not as a linked library). If your app requires more files than just the .exe, create a self-extracting zip, having given it a sensible default path. Works for me... Paul. InnoSetup is also quite good for quick setup building, just use it's sample, if you are novice. Igor Green http://www.grigsoft.com/ Compar...

Open Office #3
I have several OpenOffice.org files that I would like to open in Excel since we no longer use OpenOffice. Is there a converter somewhere? Hi The converter is OpenOffice. Choose "excel" as filetype in its SaveAs menu. As far as I know there is no easier way, but if you know how to program OpenOffice macros then it should be pretty painless. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:7EBFC106-3E61-4211-9C66-92F29983D5D1@microsoft.com... > I have several OpenOffice.org files that I would like to open in Excel since >...

CRM install on SBS2003
I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 server for testing. We I get to the part asking for the SQL server name it can't connect. If I use SERVERNAME\SBSMONITORING for the name I get an error about needing "full-text indexing" runnning on the SQL Server. The SBS2003 server is the Premium version and was installed using all the defaults. I think my issue has to do with SQL server. I'm not even sure if it is installed or if I have some limited desktop version of SQL Server 2000 on there. There does not seem to be any SQL Server admin software I can access,...

Unattended Machine
Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattende machines ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com No. You will need to use a password protected screensaver. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Chrisp <Chrisp.xma8m@outlookforum.com> asked: | Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattended | machines? | | | ------...

Exch 2000 dead. How to remove object and install Exch2003 ?
An Exch2000 box (SMTP connector) crashed. Since I already have Exch2003 up and running in the same "exchange organization", I will install WIn2003+Exch2003 in the SMTP connector instead. Question is this, how can I remove the Exch2000 object left ? Obviously if I try to install Exch2003 in that box, since I am using same from the old Exch2000 system, I am going to be unable to proceed with the Exch2003 install. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:41:17 -0800, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >An Exch2000 box (SMTP connector) crashed. >Since I already have...

How to install BCM
Hello -- I have Ms office 2003 pro, which after installation is working fine, including Outlook 2003. I cannot, however, find/locate BCM. I tried the add/remove option in office 2003 but it did not show any option of adding BCM. Documents, which I've received with office 2003's cd, mention that it has BCM. Can someone, please, help me to instal BCM, or tell how to find, and if there is, BCM in the CD I have. Thanks, SRW ...

Out of Memory #3
As a spreadsheet grows, I'm beginning to have occasional "Out of Memory" problems while doing "Paste" operations. Grumble, grumble.... Digging into the problem a bit, I find the INFO statement tells me that I have roughly 50MB available to Excel and that most of it is used up. My question is simply whether there's anything that I can do to increase that 50MB gross amount before I tinker with how Excel is actually using it in the spreadsheet? 1) Would it make any difference if I changed from Excel97 to the current version? Or does the same 50MB limit exist ...

Problems installing messenger
I was having a problem with messenger, so I uninstalled it. I try to download it again from the Windows Live website but once the windows live installer opens up an error comes up and says "Try installing Windows live programs again". I want to wipe windows live completely off my computer and reinstall everything again but I can't figure out how. I tried to remove it in add/remove programs but the windows live essentials window comes up and my only option is the "mail." If anyone understands this can you please help me? Thanks Greetings, To re...

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode #2
I went through the whole procedure again. Here is the list of files in the Trash: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.plist com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences Office Registration Cache 11 OK, the Remove Office tool is operating correctly, there's something else wrong. Check back in a few days, I'm escalatin...

OWA ASP causes event id: 5
Recently I have started getting ASP event id: 5 errors in event viewer. They are being caused by clients using OWA. OWA has also crashed inetinfo.exe a few times. An example of the description is: Error: File/exchange/USA/inbox/messages.asp Unexpected error I am running NT 4.0 w/SP6A, Exhange 5.5 w/SP4, and Zone Alarm Firewall 2.6.362. The only way I have been able to get OWA running again is to reboot the server. I have tried restarting services, but with no luck. I have also tried reinstalling SP4, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? ...

how to install/register msxml.dll version 5
I use office 2002 (XP) and we use an access db but I've recently reformatted my HD and when I try to use the db I get a missing dll/broken reference to msxml.dll version 5. I can't use my db until this is fixed so I'm totally stuck because this is what I found on the MS website. And again, I only have office 2002 and that's all I had before I reformatted too and it was working. "How to install Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0 The exact description for MSXML 5.0 is MSXML 5.0 for Microsoft Office Applications. MSXML 5.0 for Microsoft Office Applications is included in ...

Install as Stand Alone
I have a client who is closing an office that uses GP 7.5 on a Windows network. They would like the bookkeeper to take a computer home with GP on it to finish closing the company. How would I go about installing GP as a stand alone application and move the data to the local hard drive? Can you point me to any available documentation? Thanks for your assistance. Greg What database platform and Dynamics GP 7.5 install are you using - Pervasive SQL (btrieve) or MS SQL? ---Darryl Bajaro "GGleich" wrote: > I have a client who is closing an office that uses GP 7.5 on a...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installations
if you need the superb 'home cinema installations' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we will get you a unreal finnish. Thank You -- Addessapelamb ...

updates wont install get error message 643 & 636
how do I install them stella wrote: > how do I install them Which updates (listed by KB######)? What Operating System? What Service Pack level is your Operating System? What architecture is your Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit?) What antivirus software do you utilize? What firewall software do you utilize? What antispyware software do you utilize? What is your backup plan like (backups of your important data to external media)? What have you tried in order to resolve your issue so far? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://...

MSCRM Connector for GP Installation Problem...
I'm running into a problem installing the new connector for MSCRM 3.0. I've recently setup a development environment of our CRM1.2/GP8.0 system using the redeployment tools, upgraded CRM to 3.0, and I am currently working through the install of the Integration connector between the two development systems. These are the steps that I've taken so far. 1 - Setup Copy of Production GP8.0 System on Development GP box. 2 - Redeployed Copy of Production MSCRM1.2 system on Development CRM box. 3 - Copied backup of Production INT database to Development INT box. 4 - Upgraded Developme...

Office Installation Issue
I have installed Office 2007 on my new PC. This is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). My old PC had died and was running Windows Vista. The version of Office I am using is Office Enterprise 2007 for Home Use, which allows up to 3 installations. On day one the installation worked fine, the prodcut was activated and everything was working fine. On day two the product stopped working, giving message such as "Microsoft Office word has not been instaleld for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." I get similar messages for Excel, Outlook et...

Scheduling unattended jobs on workstation
Hi Is XP's own Task Scheduler robust and reliable enough to run custom jobs (both 32-bit and 16-bit apps or batch files calling them)? Would I be better off with a 3rd-party product? If so, which one? This will be used on a workstation that has a user logged in and running unattended 24x7. TIA, Eugene Eugene F. wrote: > Hi > > Is XP's own Task Scheduler robust and reliable enough to run custom > jobs (both 32-bit and 16-bit apps or batch files calling them)? I think so! > Would I be better off with a 3rd-party product? If so, which one? M...

CIPAddressCtrl #3
I'm having problems creating an IP Address Ctrl using a dialog template. Does any one know how I can do this without calling Create. I seem to be able to create Edit boxes and similar from a dialog template without explicitly needing to call create. Mark >I'm having problems creating an IP Address Ctrl using a dialog template. Problems? What sort of problems? >Does any one know how I can do this without calling Create. >I seem to be able to create Edit boxes and similar from a dialog template >without explicitly needing to call create. You can do the same with the I...

Search Folders #3
Hi I have created a search folder that displays all email that I receive from a specific domain e.g. customer1.co.uk and this works well. I would like to add to this search folder any emails from suppliers that are relevant to this customer so I also have a category named customer1 and I assign this to those messages. So now I want a search folder that displays any mail where the from field (not the display name field) contains customer1.co.uk or the category field contains customer1. Can anybody advise on how to do this ? Many thanks in advance Jon ...